Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku (1439 Views)

James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / North Should Pull Out Of Nigeria Take Its Destiny Into Its Hands-alhaji Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2013
Former Military Administrator of Kano and Sokoto States, Brigadier-General Ahmed Daku (rtd), has called on the North to decline participation in the proposed national dialogue in the country.

Speaking yesterday during a town hall meeting on the national dialogue organised by a political group, the Katsina Group in Katsina State, Daku said; “The North would definitely be at a disadvantage” should it participate in the dialogue.

If we participate in the dialogue, we would be doing so from a position of weakness, adding that presently, the North does not have the wherewithal to negotiate its demands” as far as the national dialogue is concerned.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/north-should-decline-participation-in-national-dialogue/
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by ikweremilitant: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone: Former Military Administrator of Kano and Sokoto States, Brigadier-General Ahmed Daku (rtd), has called on the North to decline participation in the proposed national dialogue in the country.

Speaking yesterday during a town hall meeting on the national dialogue organised by a political group, the Katsina Group in Katsina State, Daku said; “The North would definitely be at a disadvantage” should it participate in the dialogue.

If we participate in the dialogue, we would be doing so from a position of weakness, adding that presently, the North does not have the wherewithal to negotiate its demands” as far as the national dialogue is concerned.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/north-should-decline-participation-in-national-dialogue/
panickng as usual
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Annie2gud(f): 11:02am On Nov 06, 2013
ikwere militant: panickng as usual
they are desert warriors.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Elueme: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2013
Fears are running down their spine. I can see why these northern elements would die instead of losing the grip and hold on power because they know they are the greatest benefactors of this contrapment called a republic, using the imbalance created by first the British who were scared of the consciousness of the south followed by their protracted rule via the military junta. The north know fully well that balance of power will expose the injustice and inequalities in the system hence people would demand for equity. That exposition is a reality and equity will be demanded via the national dialogue hence my Hausa fulani brothers are scared. Daku has just voiced what an average Hausa- Fulani is thinking but the game maybe up. Refusing dialogue is an invitation to anarchy. Nobody is anybody's stooge anymore

2 Likes

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by hakanai(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2013
Ahmed Daku speaks for himself.Nothing like for the North. When its time the North will talk through the appropriate channels. He is speaking for himself as for now. As for me nothing will happen the North should go there Jor! No be to have conference discuss issues. Its i say and you say.We no gree yes then how far? E no do,we part ways QED.
Its better the Northern Elite for the sake of God begin to look northwards for economic emancipation,that time has come.

2 Likes

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by mekaboy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
They might as well decline participating Nigeria let us have peace.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Ugom38(f): 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
how will they want it ofcourse they are afraid that fowl nyash will be opened and everybody will see how Lord lugard and his cohorts used the overblown Population and landmass of the north to defraud the south of their national cake.
taking from peter to pay paul lyk building a refinery in Kaduna dat has no oil whereas most of the host communities does not have basic social amenities. undecided undecided
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
The more reason why I believe in this dialogue. It is being organised under a president from a "minority" tribe so it will be fairly well represented and minority interest protected. If we allow this opportunity go by, we will eventually hold a conference under a northern presidency with biased representation and unfair outcome. APC and Tinubu are certainly wrong on this one.[b]The more reason why I believe in this dialogue. It is being organised under a president from a "minority" tribe so it will be fairly well represented and minority interest protected. If we allow this opportunity go by, we will eventually hold a conference under a northern presidency with biased representation and unfair outcome. APC and Tinubu are certainly wrong on this one.[/b]The more reason why I believe in this dialogue. It is being organised under a president from a "minority" tribe so it will be fairly well represented and minority interest protected. If we allow this opportunity go by, we will eventually hold a conference under a northern presidency with biased representation and unfair outcome. APC and Tinubu are certainly wrong on this one.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by MeAboki(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
haka_nai: Ahmed Daku speaks for himself.Nothing like for the North. When its time the North will talk through the appropriate channels. He is speaking for himself as for now. As for me nothing will happen the North should go there Jor! No be to have conference discuss issues. Its i say and you say.We no gree yes then how far? E no do,we part ways QED.
Its better the Northern Elite for the sake of God begin to look northwards for economic emancipation,that time has come.

I quite agree with you, in fact I would like us to go one step further and agree with the secessionists for the break up of this country and let everybody go his own ways.

Truly speaking the north will in the long run be far better off, the greed for oil money is what is motivating the secessionists but unfortunately, that commodity will soon lose its value because there is an impending long term global oil glut in the horizon due to increasing bigger and better great finds elsewhere (e.g. Australia, Gulf of Mexico etc.).

http://moneymorning.com/articles/this-massive-discovery-has-put-the-saudis-into-a-panic/
https://www.nairaland.com/1501122/saudi-arabia-nigeria-others-financial

Oil will soon become a cheap commodity (by laws of supply and demand) as more and more producers and products enter the market; besides others sources of producing alternative energy are making great headways.

Currently, even Shell Nigeria (and others) is trying sell off its onshore oil wells due the usual wahala of militancy and bunkering.

North should therefore go on its own and concentrate on biggest asset (agriculture) and tapping of its numerous unexploited resources; besides, it already also has oil (in Niger, Sokoto and Borno) with potential for more, including huge gas reserves ( along NE/benue axis).
We should simply and immediately concentrate on self development and let them (southerners) go and drink their soon to be worthless oil.

Annie2gud: they are desert warriors.

Must you always advertise your bigotry and ignorance - oh yeah, sure the north is a desert and full of warriors. angry
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
Me_Aboki:

I quite agree with you, in fact I would like us to go one step further and agree with the secessionists for the break up of this country and let everybody go his own ways.

Truly speaking the north will in the long run be far better off, the greed for oil money is what is motivating the secessionists but unfortunately, that commodity will soon lose its value because there is an impending long term global oil glut in the horizon due to increasing bigger and better great finds elsewhere (e.g. Australia, Gulf of Mexico etc.).

http://moneymorning.com/articles/this-massive-discovery-has-put-the-saudis-into-a-panic/
https://www.nairaland.com/1501122/saudi-arabia-nigeria-others-financial

Oil will soon become a cheap commodity (by laws of supply and demand) as more and more producers and products enter the market; besides others sources of producing alternative energy are making great headways.

Currently, even Shell Nigeria (and others) is trying sell off its onshore oil wells due the usual wahala of militancy and bunkering.

North should therefore go on its own and concentrate on biggest asset (agriculture) and tapping of its numerous unexploited resources; besides, it already also has oil (in Niger, Sokoto and Borno) with potential for more, including huge gas reserves ( along NE/benue axis).
We should simply and immediately concentrate on self development and let them (southerners) go and drink their soon to be worthless oil.

Must you always advertise your bigotry and ignorance - oh yeah, sure the north is a desert and full of warriors. angry

For some us in Biafra, it has nothing to do with oil!
Our greatest motivation include but not limited to the following;

1. The continuous slaughtering of our kith and kin at every slightest excuse ( i have not forgotten
Akaluka's head on spike round the streets of kano over a torn page of the Koran". It is only in your place that such things happen.
2. That our children who scored 69% in the unity school exams will be denied admission while your children who scored 1% is admitted.
3. That you ban alcohol and flog people for drinking it only to turn around and collect proceeds from the sell of alcohol from our side.
4. That you say no to state police, but found it necessary to establish islamic police.
5. You behave as if you are born to rule over others and thus "make the country ungovernable" because some other person is in power.
6. That you are more interested in your religion than national development and thus use state funds to build mosques instead of schools
7. You are more interested in Islamic/Arabic education instead of education that will turn your people to be productive and creative.
8. that you eye our lands and dream of dipping your sword in the ocean.
9. That there is no trust between us: you are suspecting us and we are suspecting you.
10. That we dont really have anything common such that we cant sit down to agree on how the nation can move on.
11. That we never agreed to become "one"! Nigeria is a product of mischief makers from some distant lands!

I can go on and on. There may be some people who think they cannot live without oil, but we in Biafra definitely can.

2 Likes

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by MeAboki(m): 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
I see nothing wrong with your desire to separate, except for some of reasons you just gave, though I have no wish to tackle you on all but will say this:
why not start showing your independence with your feet, let your ppl start relocating
for goodness sake what was Akaluka still doing in Kano lest he allow his head be placed on a spike;
if your kids continually score higher marks why not keep them in Biafran Uni than ones in the north
born to rule yet we gave up the presidency without a fight and agreed to rotation and zoning

I can also go on and on but for the sake of brevity; know that if it were up to me I'll gladly let you have your Biafra so we could at least hear word and also have less criminality amongst us, may we live to see Biafra and Arewa Republic, say amen. cool

1 Like

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Ayus34(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

1. The continuous slaughtering of our kith and kin at every slightest excuse ( i have not forgotten
Akaluka's head on spike round the streets of kano over a torn page of the Koran". It is only in your place that such things happen.
2. That our children who scored 69% in the unity school exams will be denied admission while your children who scored 1% is admitted.
3. That you ban alcohol and flog people for drinking it only to turn around and collect proceeds from the sell of alcohol from our side.
4. That you say no to state police, but found it necessary to establish islamic police.
5. You behave as if you are born to rule over others and thus "make the country ungovernable" because some other person is in power.
6. That you are more interested in your religion than national development and thus use state funds to build mosques instead of schools
7. You are more interested in Islamic/Arabic education instead of education that will turn your people to be productive and creative.
8. that you eye our lands and dream of dipping your sword in the ocean.distant lands!

I can go on and on. There may be some people who think they cannot live without oil, but we in Biafra definitely can.

i think if i was asked to give reasons to support nigeria break up as a nigerian from yorubaland...these points are so valid dat i cant fault it..almost same with what i will list as my reasons...i love 2read things like dis out of ethnic bigotry bt of geniue reasons...everyone might ve different ideology and belief but let us be objective and reasonable enough unlike posting trash on nairaland everyday 2 cause disunity among fellaz...we disagree 2agree.thanx
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Me_Aboki: I see nothing wrong with your desire to separate, except for some of reasons you just gave, though I have no wish to tackle you on all but will say this:
why not start showing your independence with your feet, let your ppl start relocating
for goodness sake what was Akaluka still doing in Kano lest he allow his head be placed on a spike;
if your kids continually score higher marks why not keep them in Biafran Uni than ones in the north
born to rule yet we gave up the presidency without a fight and agreed to rotation and zoning

I can also go on and on but for the sake of brevity; know that if it were up to me I'll gladly let you have your Biafra so we could at least hear word and also have less criminality amongst us, may we live to see Biafra and Arewa Republic, say amen. cool

We are talking about Federal government colleges here my friend.

In impelemenation, it means your children that scored 1% can get admision at one of the Federal schools at Awka, while a child from awka who scored 69% will not be admitted.

You gave up the presidency without a fight? hahahahaaha!
As if I just came into the country.

How about the promise to make Nigeria ungovernable?
How about the consensus candidate?
How about the "Sai Buhari" movement?
How about the slaughtering of our children who came to serve Nigeria in your lands?

Akaluka made the mistake many of our people are still making, they believed in the lie called Nigeria.
And we are still calling our people still living in the core North to leave.

Please tackle me on my reasons. i might be ignorant and I am willing to learn!
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by DuduNegro: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone: Former Military Administrator of Kano and Sokoto States, Brigadier-General Ahmed Daku (rtd), has called on the North to decline participation in the proposed national dialogue in the country.

“[size=16pt]If we participate in the dialogue, we would be doing so from a position of weakness, adding that presently, the North does not have the wherewithal to negotiate its demands” as far as the national dialogue is concerned.[/size]

grin grin

Ive said it times without number.....

When it comes to politics, by whatever name you call it, Yoruba is #1 and the godfather of civic consciousness in this country.

May I ask Daku to please explain to those in the dark what he means by "North being in a position of weakness"

grin dan iska.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Dpeacemaker101: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Now they have started talking, cause they know they have nothing to offer and never brought anything to the table and the Nigerian unity since 1914 but they want to rule by all means.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by DuduNegro: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

8. that you eye our lands and dream of dipping your sword in the ocean.
9. That there is no trust between us: you are suspecting us and we are suspecting you.
10. That we dont really have anything common such that we cant sit down to agree on how the nation can move on.
11. That we never agreed to become "one"! Nigeria is a product of mischief makers from some distant lands!

Over 70% of items in your list is what any region in an ethnic democracy should do - self preservation.

Don't tell me Ibos are not doing that already. If not you need to start.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by MeAboki(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

We are talking about Federal government colleges here my friend.

In impelemenation, it means your children that scored 1% can get admision at one of the Federal schools at Awka, while a child from awka who scored 69% will not be admitted.

You gave up the presidency without a fight? hahahahaaha!
As if I just came into the country.

How about the promise to make Nigeria ungovernable?
How about the consensus candidate?
How about the "Sai Buhari" movement?
How about the slaughtering of our children who came to serve Nigeria in your lands?

Akaluka made the mistake many of our people are still making, they believed in the lie called Nigeria.
And we are still calling our people still living in the core North to leave.

Please tackle me on my reasons. i might be ignorant and I am willing to learn!

For one who doesn't believe in One Nigeria, yet you are yearning from some of the fruits of that union, in federal govt institutions, how so ironic and self contradictory.

Fight means outright confrontation and shed of blood, like the one that kept Nigeria one - you dig?

As for your ppl, its a wonder why they keep failing to hear the clarion call of Biafrians and chose the risk of the bombs of Miaduguri and Yobe instead; could it be out of the fear of worst that is to likely await them in their so called homeland - it figures, doesn't it?

BTW, you have not said Amen to my prayer for Biafra and Arewa Republics. cool
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Over 70% of items in your list is what any region in an ethnic democracy should do - self preservation.

Don't tell me Ibos are not doing that already. If not you need to start.

I am sorry sir, we are more civilized than these.
We cant start because just because we are Nigerians,.

It pained my heart when there was reprisal killings in Biafra lands, it is not in our character to kill visitors.

We need to stay apart from Nigeria,
No nation who has all these can grow.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by DuduNegro: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

I am sorry sir, we are more civilized than these.
We cant start because just because we are Nigerians,.

It pained my heart when there was reprisal killings in Biafra lands, it is not in our character to kill visitors.

We need to stay apart from Nigeria,
No nation who has all these can grow.

Who is talking of killing

Is that all there is to your comprehension of ethnic democracy, killing?

Did you understand what Daku is saying when he said the North is weak? He is not talking about Presidency belonging to South.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Who is talking of killing

Is that all there is to your comprehension of ethnic democracy, killing?

Did you understand what Daku is saying when he said the North is weak? He is not talking about Presidency belonging to South.
Tell me what he means then!

Maybe I misunderstood him.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Annie2gud(f): 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Me_Aboki: I see nothing wrong with your desire to separate, except for some of reasons you just gave, though I have no wish to tackle you on all but will say this:

@abokiu,dont Dare me.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by lincolnj88: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
i know for sure that the middle belt can be self independent, so as the south west, east and south....the core north is the most useless of all regions in the nation and the most troublesome
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Caleboha(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
The honest truth: NIGERIA WILL REMAIN ONE INDIVISIBLE ENTITY COME 2015 AND BEYOND!!! Your secessionist dreams and fantasies gets torn to shreds once you attempt to logically analyse the lines of cleavage in the event the country splits up. Many Nigerians because their irrational ego and bigotry refuse to accept the simple fact that Our beloved Naija has become too mixed up and intertwined to extricate. Even the Biafra - mongers live in denial of the fact that nearly 50% of their kinsmen honestly have no hopes of a meaningful livelihood without the north. Northerners have in order to save face dared to accept the Biafran proposal while heavily reliant on southern wealth for infrastructure and existence altogether. At the heart of the Nigerian quagmire is RELIGION and if ever a split will be orchestrated on that basis, all we will have is tiny hamlets standing as countries, ofcourse following a bloody war that will make the joy of secession infinitesimal.
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2013
Caleboha: The honest truth: NIGERIA WILL REMAIN ONE INDIVISIBLE ENTITY COME 2015 AND BEYOND!!! Your secessionist dreams and fantasies gets torn to shreds once you attempt to logically analyse the lines of cleavage in the event the country splits up. Many Nigerians because their irrational ego and bigotry refuse to accept the simple fact that Our beloved Naija has become too mixed up and intertwined to extricate. Even the Biafra - mongers live in denial of the fact that nearly 50% of their kinsmen honestly have no hopes of a meaningful livelihood without the north. Northerners have in order to save face dared to accept the Biafran proposal while heavily reliant on southern wealth for infrastructure and existence altogether. At the heart of the Nigerian quagmire is RELIGION and if ever a split will be orchestrated on that basis, all we will have is tiny hamlets standing as countries, ofcourse following a bloody war that will make the joy of secession infinitesimal.

I dont know about other regions, but this is our position in Biafra!

Presently, the 5 core Igbo states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo are the natural boundaries of the New Biafra.
We have our kith and kin in Delta especially The Aniomas, but they have to decide to join us. Don't forget that the war we "caused" was as a result of the coup led by an Anioma son!

We have our kith and kin in Rivers, but they also will have to deiced if they want to join us.

The Ibibio's in Cross River and Akwaibom have strong history with us, but they also will have to decide where to belong.
The Idoma's in Benue if they want to join us are welcomed.

The rest of Niger Delta have 4 options:

1. Form their own nation
2. join the South West
3. Join Biafra
4. Or simply remain Nigerians.

We are not forcing anybody to belong to Biafra.

Also, that we belong to different countries does not mean that marriages that cut across will be nullified.
Relationships, but personal and business will remain.

But what we want is a chance to build our lives and our nation.

1. It is obvious that the continuous slaughtering of our kith and kin at every slightest excuse in Nigeria has no end. when we go to Baifra, a killing of any of our citizen will be treated on the international scenario and not on the national.It will be the responsibility of the Nigerian government to see to the safety of non Nigerians living in their country. Also, our people will then know that they are living in a foreign land and be very careful. If the nation is hostile, then do something about it. We shall have an embassy to carter for our people. Of course, we must warn our ambassador to take measures to aoid headlines like,

"The Biafran ambassador to Nigeria (or Arewa Republic"wink killed suicide bomb attack at the Biafran embassy".

2. We want to put on ground a level playing filed for our children so we can pick the best engineers, doctors, lawyers, investors, etc Not this stupidity we have in Nigeria where a child who scored 69% in the unity school exams is denied admission while your children who scored 1% is admitted.

We want to go back to our ways of life, where everyman is responsible and work hard for his needs. and not this situation where laziness has been institutionalized. Jobless people are busy struggling to rule over us.

3. we want to build a state where the best is given the job to do and not because of his religion or ethnicity.

4. We want to build a state where there is only one law for all men and religion should be a matter of personal convictions and not by force.

5. Our education will be designed to solve problems and not designed around certificates and English Language. We shall endeavor to pay more emphasis on skills rather than the ability to speak English or Arabic or French. many of Chinese Engineers and doctors do not speak or write English. We shall work hard to develop our local languages and teach certain subjects the local languages. some English experts do not speak French and vise versa.

6. We want to build a nation where there will be patriotism, all citizens are interested in building that nation and not to plunder it dry.

7. We want to build a nation where we can produce our cars, electronics, etc and even export them. Industrialization will be our motto and export our passion.

8. We want a nation where we shall engage in proper intellectual discussions and not some stupid issues like beheading people over pages of torn "holy" books.

9. Nigeria was forced down on us, we have the right to reject it and if for any reason we must remain Nigerians then we have the right to state our conditions!

2 Likes

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by docsholz(m): 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
All I want is a country worth dying for, and Nigeria just isn't it

@Noblezone I appreciate ur points, though they're a little flawed

Repping #TeamOodua

1 Like

Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by slimfit1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2013

Amen
Re: ‘north Should Decline Participation In National Dialogue’ - Ahmed Daku by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
doc sholz: All I want is a country worth dying for, and Nigeria just isn't it

@Noblezone I appreciate ur points, though they're a little flawed

Repping #TeamOodua

i am always ready to learn.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Responsible For Electoral Fraud In Anambra State-arthur Eze / APC Spokesman Lai Mohammed Is A Pathological Liar & Shameless - FFK / The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.