Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (1590 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby / Update On Clara Chime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by akinemma1: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2013
Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime, has broken his silence over allegations in online publications and some segments of the national dailies that he had incarcerated his wife, Clara, in a room in Government House.
He vowed to protect the integrity of his wife, who he said has some health challenges.
This is coming at a time when the Enugu First Lady has denied ever sending any petition to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) alleging unlawful detention by her husband. She also denied contacting or engaging the services of Mr. Femi Falana or any other lawyer to seek her freedom from an alleged incarceration at Government House Enugu, as the latter claimed in his letter to media houses and the Inspector-General of Police.
The governor and Mrs. Chime spoke to journalists, on Tuesday night, at the Government Lodge, Enugu in the presence of Mrs. Chime’s elder brother, Mr. Tony Igwe, the governor’s siblings, Mrs. May Oji and Dr. Jide Chime as well as Mrs. Chime’s neuro-psychiatric doctor, Dr. Aham Agumuo, among few others.
Governor Chime noted it was quite heart-aching for him to speak out publicly about his wife’s health challenges, but insisted that he would do everything, no matter the personal pains to protect her from ridicule.
“Well, my wife has some medical challenges and it would be very unkind for me to talk about her condition on the pages of newspapers,” the governor said, adding: “I’ve done everything to protect her integrity and I’m not now going to expose her to ridicule because some people want to exploit her situation to drag me into a needless war of words.
“We have been battling this (Clara’s health challenges) prior to my inauguration in 2011. It was so bad at a time that she had to be taken out of here (Governor’s Lodge) for treatment. When she stabilised, I pleaded with her doctors if she could be brought back here to be receiving her treatment at home and they graciously accepted.
“There was a time she was confined indoors and that was strictly on her doctors’ advice. She’s here and she can confirm or deny it. Also, the doctors then advised against allowing her access to telephones and laptop.”
At this point, the governor paused, heaved a deep sigh and continued his emotional narration: “I cannot say or do anything to undermine her dignity. She is, first and foremost, my wife. The big blunder I committed was allowing her access to the telephone and her laptop, against the advice of her doctor. I’m paying dearly for that today, going by what is happening now.
“Her brother is here; her doctor is here with us too. You people (journalists) can confirm anything you want from them, either here or at your convenience. Would I have been a better husband if I asked her to leave the lodge because of her medical challenge? Would it not have been more convenient for me if I allowed her to stay and be treated in the hospital?
“But like I said earlier, I wanted the best for her and that’s why I pleaded with the doctors to have her treated at home. That’s also why I allowed her access to her telephone and laptop, which unfortunately led to the stage where I’m now being falsely accused of imprisoning or detaining my own wife.”
For quite a long time, Mrs. Chime could not speak, despite persuasions from her husband and brother. At a point, her brother, Tony Igwe, took her to an adjacent room, where they spent a few minutes before returning to join others.
Igwe now assured the rest people that she was willing to talk, but it was another round of silence.
At last, the First Lady said: “You (referring to the governor) and my doctor can speak on my behalf.”
The governor politely replied: “Yes, I’m your husband and should ordinarily do so, but you know I’m the one being accused of detaining you. This way, I’ve lost that privilege to speak for you, at least on this case. The story out there also is that your doctor is probably scared of me and gives you all kinds of drugs, sometimes against your wish.”
Clara said: “My doctor and I don’t have any problem.” On the petition to the National Human Rights Commission, Mrs. Chime corroborated an earlier text message she had sent to her husband that she had not met Falana or engaged him to seek her release from a purported unlawful custody. Rather, she admitted that she wrote a letter to her doctor, Dr. Agumuo and another doctor overseas whom she was introduced to and wondered how the letter leaked to the public
Mrs. Chime also admitted that she was once confined to a room without access to her telephone and laptop. “That was when I had a serious crisis,” she said.
She also confirmed that she had the key to her room and controlled her entry and exit, contrary to the claim in the petition that she had been locked up for asking to be allowed to leave. Her grouse was that she had not been allowed to leave the premises, though she attended mass even last Sunday. Source: www.sunnewsonline.com
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by Aabheaven(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2013
At op,dis ur write up 2 much nah.dis Chime dude is freaking annoying.y keep a woman u dnt love.u spring up lies to cover ur shame.u have failed as a husband and to the entire humanhood.*am out of here,okada abeg how much to white house,i get meeting with Obama*
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by ayobase(m): 8:23am On Nov 07, 2013
Almost everyone accused him falsely.
We can now see the true picture after hearing from the man himself.

He is a loving husband who meant his wife well. He still had to go against the doctor's order to make her comfortable, but.......

All is well!

Unless, she has been threatened!
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by akinemma1: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2013
Aabheaven: At op,dis ur write up 2 much nah.dis Chime dude is freaking annoying.y keep a woman u dnt love.u spring up lies to cover ur shame.u have failed as a husband and to the entire humanhood.*am out of here,okada abeg how much to white house,i get meeting with Obama*
I actually shortened the story, if u go to the source, the story is more than this.
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by twogood: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2013
I smell a rat. This woman seems to have been through so much. The letter to her doctors to help her were probably handled wrongly and now she's paying for it. She's been too dependent on the governor's money to let go now. She's sold her soul.
But then, do i pity her? No. She's married to someone's husband. She's probably paying for her sins.
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by Annie2gud(f): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2013
twogood: I smell a rat. This woman seems to have been through so much. The letter to her doctors to help her were probably handled wrongly and now she's paying for it. She's been too dependent on the governor's money to let go now. She's sold her soul.
But then, do i pity her? No. She's married to someone's husband. She's probably paying for her sins.
your Sense of Reasonin is very myopic.where you there,when she sold her soul?
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2013
sounds more like a case of mental illness, possibly she's had episodes in the past.
I doubt she's in a state to look after her son unsupervised.
Hope she's not having psychotic episodes
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by ediemafio(m): 4:43am On Nov 08, 2013
I said it before and ppl started insulting me.Once it was posted that she was held at the govt. house,everyone started crucifying d man,abusive relationship this,abusive relationship that,now where are all the ladies in d house,how come this has not got many replies yet?
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by jeffizy(m): 5:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Aabheaven: At op,dis ur write up 2 much nah.dis Chime dude is freaking annoying.y keep a woman u dnt love.u spring up lies to cover ur shame.u have failed as a husband and to the entire humanhood.*am out of here,okada abeg how much to white house,i get meeting with Obama*
And you concluded your lack of reading habit with an ignorant view! That's bad.

@Topic.. It is not a situation any man/woman will be happy to be in. When your better half is incapacitated by mental issues.
I can feel the sense of being overwhelmed in the Gov's statement.
What a pity.
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by aderome(f): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by baby124: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
This case is full of nonsense. This woman is being held against her will. She should be released to her family. If she wants to come back, am sure she would. What is Chime so afraid of? She obviously is trying to get away from him. If she has mental issues or not, for them to sit her for press conference, i think she still has the capacity to decide where she wants to be. Afterall her mind was clear enough to ask them to speak for her, and they listened and spoke for her. Meaning... she is capable of making decisions. Not so? He should let her go abeg. The stories i read about his ways is enough to make a sane person go insane. She went into that government house sane, and is leaving insane. It most definitely must be him. Which woman will recover from her husband getting the sister pregnant
Re: My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime by Kanwulia: 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lessons learned. . . .

NEVER MARRY A CULTIST!

Kpor!
Kpor!
Kpor!

I don wake o. . ..
Oooooo dey 'Ouse? H-enemies don 'FAY'. . . I nor die for my sleep! cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Years After Her Death, Woman Gives Family Wonderful Christmas Gift / What's So Special About The Secrecy Of One's Age / Is Your Spouse Living In Another City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.