Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (15898 Views)

FG To Fund 2016 Budget With Islamic Bond / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November / South Africa To Debut It's First Islamic Bond (sukuk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by PrettyClare7(f): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote
author=Mr Aboki]Allahu Akbar

grin

I hope all you anti-Islamic banking people will not use our Islamic
bridges, buy our Islamic petroleum products and use our Islamic
Airports?!
[/quote]
what is he saying??

3 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by FILEBE(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2013
kane45: Nigeria is a circular state and therefore, no sector of d economy was supposed to be islamised.
u're right. Egypt is a rectangular state.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by IB5(f): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2013
dirtymoney:
is that the best your brain can do?

They said the same thing when Aregbesola took this same type of loan, so kindly spare him.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by kulumo: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2013
shidof: It's b'cos of pple like u dt d world still remain in hostile condition, y cn't u reason, read well, luk @ d positive nd negative aspect of wat he said. U cn't, cos ua too blindfolded with too much hatred for other religion. Jst try to chance ur mindset @ least for once.
Go and change your Brotherhood devilish minds first. Go and change Al-shabaab, Al-kaidal and Boko-haram. Do you think Islam cam make the world a better place? The only focus is to kill non-muslims and islamize the world; which cannot happen. The UK is already a victim of Islamophobia, even people like you are not islam enough for Boko, I think its another SLS scheme to further islamize Nigeria. Its a wrong decision. All bond is a "bond" and its comes with conditionalities.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2013
so because a loan is to be taken from islamic finance to carryout certain infracstructural development, it has no bwcome a big deal? the muslims, especially the northerners would start forming as if it is their money or the money is even generated internally. and by the way, why has'nt oil money been teramed christian money? because last time i checked almost all the oil producing states are christian states. and all those yelling "Jonathan wants to islamise Nigeria", i wonder why you dont think before talking. well. i know some people would say whatever, just to tarnish the image of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by wasak(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2013
kane45: Nigeria is a circular state and therefore, no sector of d economy was supposed to be islamised.
circular? I thought it's spherical

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2013
A country split roughly between Islam and Christianity can not afford to carry out such.

Why not Christianity bond or traditional bond??
What of the other side of this financing??

Please do that in the Northern Nigeria or better still, break away into northern republic.

Religious chauvinism should not be played out, Religious tolerance should be our guide if we are to continue as a nation together.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2013
FILEBE:
u're right. Egypt is a rectangular state.
'

grin
grin
grin
grin
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by alotofgrace(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2013
i never knew thAT 9ja currency is divided into 2
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:22am On Nov 07, 2013
Pretty-Clare7:

what is he saying??

I'm saying that if you spoke ill of Islamic banking.. Then you should follow it up by staying away from infrastructures built with Islamic banking Money..

#Period!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Donmams(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I don't know why government always has to be linked with religion in nigeria.

Lemme stop there 'coz if i should type what i thought of writing i'll get a life-threatening ban.
Idiot. And what about the UK Prime Minister? How come no one in his country has accused him of mixing religion with matters of the State. Na jealousy de worry you. The same people that brought christianity to you in the 19th Century now see the benefit of Islamic Banking. I'm sure it will take r.e.t.a.r.d.s like you the next two centuries to see what your colonial masters see now.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2013
Seriously, dis govt never cease to surprise me! Govt dat is desperately selling all her assets in the downstream sector (petrochemicals and refineries) cos they believe that private investors will manage them better, is now going to borrow money to build another 1 dat will collapse! For christ sake aint there reasonable ppl in govt again?

Ph, warri, and kaduna refineries are running on low capacity, ajaokuta steel company is almost dead (cos d ppl in-charge can't see d glaring reason for their poor state) yet they wanna build another 1 dat will fail. The money shld go into rejuvenating the old refineries and ajaokuta steel company. Someppl might say lots of money have gone into those companies without anything to show 4 it but lemme let you all know the real reason why d refineries and ajaokuta steel company have not lived up to expectation; d technologies used for the process plants are obsolete. The licensors of those technologies (kbr & co) don't use same technology again so the simple thing to do is to modify the process system, get consultants and perhaps change the main reactors! This is all they need to do and I'm sure this will cost a whole lot cheaper than building a new refinery that wld be mismanaged, and left to look like oshodi of 1997 undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by laughterclub(m): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2013
I LOVE GOOD MUSLIMS BROTHER N GOOD XTIANS TOO,I HATE BAD PPL DAT INSULTS PPLS RIGHT.LIKE MUSLIM N LIKE XTIAN ONE NAIJA!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 07, 2013

Exactly!
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Donmams(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat: A country split roughly between Islam and Christianity can not afford to carry out such.

Please do that in the Northern Nigeria or better still, break away into northern republic.

Religious chauvinism should not be played out, Religious tolerance should be our guide if we are to continue as a nation together.
Hahaha. Christianity banking? Who stops you from practicing it? Which country practices christianity banking? Kindly let us know. Even the vatican does not have anything like Christianity banking.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by LouisThoru(f): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013
I now see as usual that some people are too lazy to think. They just spew the first thing that comes to their mouth without thinking. How is this islamising Nigeria?
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by LouisThoru(f): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat: A country split roughly between Islam and Christianity can not afford to carry out such.

daft.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Donmams:
Hahaha. Christianity banking? Who stops you from practicing it? Which country practices christianity banking? Kindly let us know. Even the vatican does not have anything like Christianity banking.

I know that, am just saying. why should there now be an Islamic bond in the present Nigerian system?? Am not even against it but as you know, there are two sides to a coin and to everything as philosophy is concerned.

What is the other side of this funding?? And again, why introduce it into a kind of society like Nigeria??
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by skyscraperTM(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
Donmams:
Idiot. And what about the UK Prime Minister? How come no one in his country has accused him of mixing religion with matters of the State. Na jealousy de worry you. The same people that brought christianity to you in the 19th Century now see the benefit of Islamic Banking. I'm sure it will take r.e.t.a.r.d.s like you the next two centuries to see what your colonial masters see now.

LONG: Your mental capability is beneath my expectation.

SHORT: You're a foool.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by lovat(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
There is no diffrence betwwen Islamic loans and other conventional loans. In the normal bank loans interest is stated while in Islamic loan interest is added up with the principal. For example if u want to make a high purchase of a goods worth #30000 in normal banking the goods will be sold with let's say a 10% interest which makes it #33000 while in Islamic banking the cost of the goods for high purchase will go outrightly for #33000. It ll now be spread over to seem as if there is no interest attached to it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
LouisThoru:

daft.

Thank you Wise one.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2013
lovat: There is no diffrence betwwen Islamic loans and other conventional loans. In the normal bank loans interest is stated while in Islamic loan interest is added up with the principal. For example if u want to make a high purchase of a goods worth #30000 in normal banking the goods will be sold with let's say a 10% interest which makes it #33000 while in Islamic banking the cost of the goods for high purchase will go outrightly for #33000. It ll now be spread over to seem as if there is no interest attached to it.

My brother, lets forget about that part. The question is what is the other part of this bond?? This is earth and we are all humans. You can't buy a thing at 10000 and sell at 10000 without a hidden agenda or somewhere the money will come back from.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by MrAboki: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2013
Slizbeat:

I know that, am just saying. why should there now be an Islamic bond in the present Nigerian system?? Am not even against it but as you know, there are two sides to a coin and to everything as philosophy is concerned.

What is the other side of this funding?? And again, why introduce it into a kind of society like Nigeria??

Thats the beauty of Freedom..

If you feel like you are being marginalized, go and open a 'Christian Banking system'.

The fact of the matter if that Islamic banking (non-interest banking) is way better than the conventional banking system we have in place currently, but religious bigotism has blinded people from seeing it.

The banking is based on Islamic principles as stated in the Quran and is favorable to new, small and medium business owners who can btain loans without interest and the bank shares the risk of your business with you. The bank is open to every and any person devoid of race, tribe, tongue or religous affiliation.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by kel4soft: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2013

Secular bro. wink

Secular bro.
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2013
My problems are why should we call it an Islamic Banking? Cant we name it any other thing else? Or is it an invention of Late Muhammad?
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by dridowu: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2013
Dee60: After visiting Jerusalem, what next?

Every attempt to islamise Nigeria will fail. Never should anyone ask SLS to be president. His opinions are just to one-sided.
am 100% sure u did not read it at all, was he the one that introduce islamic finance to David Cameron ? Always learn to talk beyond religion fanatic and tribalism

1 Like

Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Nonybb: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2013
wasak:
if u go get high..blood pressure on top wetin no affect u na u sabi o!
So why should we call it Islamic Banking? U people are spreading your false belief with cheap popularity
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by wasak(m): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2013
Nonybb: So why should we call it Islamic Banking? U people are spreading your false belief with cheap popularity
which false belief again na? e be like sey u. no. read d article? abi make them translate am to ur language?
so the name should be changed to Christian banking or what exactly?
Re: FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries by Slizbeat(m): 10:41am On Nov 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Thats the beauty of Freedom..

If you feel like you are being marginalized, go and open a 'Christian Banking system'.

The fact of the matter if that Islamic banking (non-interest banking) is way better than the conventional banking system we have in place currently, but religious bigotism has blinded people from seeing it.

The banking is based on Islamic principles as stated in the Quran and is favorable to new, small and medium business owners who can btain loans without interest and the bank shares the risk of your business with you. The bank is open to every and any person devoid of race, tribe, tongue or religous affiliation.

Yes sir. Nothing in this life ever seems as it's being stated. May work out in Saudi or any other muslim nation but as for Nigeria, its a No-No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senate Advocates Impeachment Of Non-Performing President And Governors / Fayose: I Will Defeat Tinubu As APC Candidate If PDP Fields Me / Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.