Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? (3163 Views)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / New Cement Price, A Marketing Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Marketing is business, this l have learned from the hard way. The idea that having a product /service that people need will make them beat a road path to your door step is no longer applicable. Customers are no longer satisfied with a good service /product, they are looking for more. They are looking for what you can offer beyond that which your competitors are offering. The way you go about offering it too is crucial to having a loyal customer.

From all the marketing strategies l have used in marketing my goods, the most successful method is the REFERER METHOD.

The referer method, where customers who has formerly used your products recommend your products to their friends and families is the best marketing strategy l that can drive any business forward. This method has its bad side too. Should you go below expectations from what your referer told the referred, you not only lose a customer but may endanger peoples relationship.

Share your best marketing strategy let all learn.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by ruggedcuzz: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
Front page, pls...as an entrepreneur we really need an indepth knowledge on marketting
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Without a means of reaching ones customers, there is no business. Customers are the business. lf have idea how best to reach any group of customers, please post it here.

You must not be into business to suggest a marketing strategy or plan.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by leverage12(m): 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
The best way I feel is the best way of marketing is creating a LIST and using the LEVERAGE OF GENEROUSITY. A way of having even more Customer than you can handle!
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by naijacutee(f): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
This is NOT an invite for unsolicited ads, and anyone who does that would be banned. But do unsolicited SMS messages work? Has any business being transformed by customer interest, but just sending out random SMS messages to unknown people? I ask because a lot of businesses seem to be buying/pushing the service, but all I hear from the consumer side is complaints regarding unsolicited messages. Is it that businesses are not listening to their customers, or are we used to pressing on without adjusting marketing strategy to available results?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
leverage12: The best way I feel is the best way of marketing is creating a LIST and using the LEVERAGE OF GENEROUSITY. A way of having even more Customer than you can handle!

Please throw more light on this.

What do you mean by creating a LIST?

How can one create a customer business list?

How can a business own leaverage on this.

please more explanations are needed.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by newacca: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
If the mountain fails to go to Mohammad,then Mohammad will go to the mountain.
I don't sit in office/store for customers to come. I take my goods/services to them smiley
E-business,mobile business.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
naijacutee: This is NOT an invite for unsolicited ads, and anyone who does that would be banned. But do unsolicited SMS messages work? Has any business being transformed by customer interest, but just sending out random SMS messages to unknown people? I ask because a lot of businesses seem to be buying/pushing the service, but all I hear from the consumer side is complaints regarding unsolicited messages. Is it that businesses are not listening to their customers, or are we used to pressing on without adjusting marketing strategy to available results?

my dear l want to use this opportunity to personaliy thank you for a big favor you did for me wic l wouldn't like to make public, l hope you understand.

personally the load of unwanted advert sent to our mobile phone don't achieve their objective largely because the advertiser don't have any useful information about what we need and the don't even have customer feedbacks to know our feelings abt their advert.

however, blame their patronizers. maybe they don't need results.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by laptop247(m): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
4me, i manipulate the customer's emötions to and extend that he feels like... This product is just as important as the next oxygen i need to take in...
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
I reduce my price once I get a competitor or add gifts. I promise anyone who bring customers % that won't give me problem. The money will actually come from the buyer.grin
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by naijacutee(f): 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
mayorall: I reduce my price once I get a competitor or add gifts. I promise anyone who bring customers % that won't give me problem. The money will actually come from the buyer.grin

I believe this is a strategy that works in a lot of sectors. Does it work for you?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
naijacutee:

I believe this is a strategy that works in a lot of sectors. Does it work for you?

100% potent ma. Will tell the buyer the price is FOB price (kinda deceptive) that it doesn't include the accessories, when he's asking for the price, I won't answer, I will use the time to describe my products instead. So that makes the buyer fall in love with my product. Then I will pay the person who brought the buyer the accessories fee. Lobatan
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
laptop247: 4me, i manipulate the customer's emötions to and extend that he feels like... This product is just as important as the next oxygen i need to take in...

How do you manipulate your customers, plz share with us am willing to learn.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by leverage12(m): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
jdilight:

Please throw more light on this.

What do you mean by creating a LIST?

How can one create a customer business list?

How can a business own leaverage on this.

please more explanations are needed.
LIST BUILDING is the act of getting your Customers and interested prospects Name, Address, Phone numbers etc. Look for a way to be Generous and you will make Money with your LIST, offer FREE THINGS in form of BONUS, make your Customers understand that you are collecting their details so you get reach them when you have PROMOTIONAL OFFERS. Make use of special days like Birthday, Esther, xmas etc to reach the People on your LIST. Make them understand that since its a day of celebration you are giving them maybe one tenth of whatever they buy, but make sure you calculate your profit before giving anything out. Make them understand tactfuly that if they can introduce their Friends to buy a particular amount of Product either gradually or at once they have a gift. People like FREE THINGS, by the time they find out you are doing these things they will make sure they alway buy from you and introduce their Friends and Relatives. With time you will have more Customers than you handle and you will have no other option than to expand.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
mayorall: I reduce my price once I get a competitor or add gifts. I promise anyone who bring customers % that won't give me problem. The money will actually come from the buyer.grin

how do the gift money come from the customers wen they already no the price of your goods. please more light.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
mayorall:

100% potent ma. Will tell the buyer the price is FOB price (kinda deceptive) that it doesn't include the accessories, when he's asking for the price, I won't answer, I will use the time to describe my products instead. So that makes the buyer fall in love with my product. Then I will pay the person who brought the buyer the accessories fee. Lobatan

what is FOB price? please explain in details what you just stated above.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
leverage12: LIST BUILDING is the act of getting your Customers and interested prospects Name, Address, Phone numbers etc. Look for a way to be Generous and you will make Money with your LIST, offer FREE THINGS in form of BONUS, make your Customers understand that you are collecting their details so you get reach them when you have PROMOTIONAL OFFERS. Make use of special days like Birthday, Esther, xmas etc to reach the People on your LIST. Make them understand that since its a day of celebration you are giving them maybe one tenth of whatever they buy, but make sure you calculate your profit before giving anything out. Make them understand tactfuly that if they can introduce their Friends to buy a particular amount of Product either gradually or at once they have a gift. People like FREE THINGS, by the time they find out you are doing these things they will make sure they alway buy from you and introduce their Friends and Relatives. With time you will have more Customers than you handle and you will have no other option than to expand.

Your marketing strategy is priceless dear. l love it for real. Thanks for sharing this here.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
jdilight:

what is FOB price? please explain in details what you just stated above.

Free on board. I only use it to deceive buyers. Which means the price is only for the product, no shipping charge, accessories, etc.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
mayorall:

Free on board. I only use it to deceive buyers. Which means the price is only for the product, no shipping charge, accessories, etc.

How do you make profit?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
jdilight:

How do you make profit?

It doesn't affect my profit since its not my money.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

It doesn't affect my profit since its not my money.

This sound more like outsourcing, l still don't get it. The goods is yours which the buyer pays for under free shipping (fob) and you still tip the referer of this customer all this from the profit of a goods whose price is well known in the market?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

This sound more like outsourcing, l still don't get it. The goods is yours which the buyer pays for under free shipping (fob) and you still tip the referer of this customer all this from the profit of a goods whose price is well known in the market?

Lols. I dont sell common goods.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

Lols. I dont sell common goods.

Bros what do you sell?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by leverage12(m): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

Your marketing strategy is priceless dear. l love it for real. Thanks for sharing this here.
You are welcome. Cheers
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 10:46am On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

Bros you beat me to it. Its beginning to get exciting with everyday application of various marketing strategies many of us are applying in their businesses. please do not keep mute, share yours.
I use the broadcast feature on bbm to my advantage. I write a message like,

"For all your travel needs add this PIN xxxxx"

I then ask a friend on my contact list to BC it to his/her contacts. I also return the favour when asked.

I did it a few days ago for a friend who is into DSTV services. He is not even on ma list but, is on bbm.
I simply put up an advert for him on my PM and updated. Right before our eyes, the invites were rolling in on his phone.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2013
Incrizz: Mayorall, I am reading and getting enlightened. But I haven't totally understood your point and I want to. Your explanation is not really clear enough so that one can apply it effectively. You get..?
For example, how would I sell a bag using your method? Or, it's only gonna work for product with accessories only?

Bros you beat me to it. Its beginning to get exciting with everyday application of various marketing strategies many of us are applying in their businesses. please do not keep mute, share yours.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Incrizz: Mayorall, I am reading and getting enlightened. But I haven't totally understood your point and I want to. Your explanation is not really clear enough so that one can apply it effectively. You get..?
For example, how would I sell a bag using your method? Or, it's only gonna work for product with accessories only?

Remember its two methods. Different goods has different quality or accessories. The price of Garri now isn't like that of last year. White Blackberry bold 5 isn't sold same price as the black. Let your seller know the shipping charge has been increased and the quality isn't same as the one his friend bought. The one you have now is of high quality. Let him know he will get discount price in his next goods. By the time he comes back, he would be independent, no one referred him. So you sell to him at the original price.

The most important thing that can make you achieve this is letting the buyer fall in love with your goods first. Sweetmouth, sugar coat.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

Remember its two methods. Different goods has different quality or accessories. The price of Garri now isn't like that of last year. White Blackberry bold 5 isn't sold same price as the black. Let your seller know the shipping charge has been increased and the quality isn't same as the one his friend bought. The one you have now is of high quality. Let him know he will get discount price in his next goods. By the time he comes back, he would be independent, no one referred him. So you sell to him at the original price.

The most important thing that can make you achieve this is letting the buyer fall in love with your goods first. Sweetmouth, sugar coat.

You mean you add the referrer fee to his/her first purchase and then knock it off in subsequent sells?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

Bros what do you sell?

I am an importer. Basically on a particular tablet.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 11:30am On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

You mean you add the referrer fee to his/her first purchase and then knock it off in subsequent sells?

Yes boss. What your friend pay is what you get. I use this method in the reverse direction to buy goods at cheaper price from my clients abroad.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

I am an importer. Basically on a particular tablet.

Ck that's lovely, we are trying to see how we can apply your marketing strategy in other forms of businesses. l love your great contribution.

thanks, if any other marketing idea comes up don't fail to let us try it out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Verify/Unblock Your Amazon Account Here! / Polystar Profiled By The Entrepreneur Africa: Read The Amazing History / Why Do People Need Diamond Bank Mastercard And Union Bank Visa card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.