Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

The "Hatred" For "Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Hatred" For "Nigerians (1565 Views)

On The Foolish And Blind Hatred For President Muhammadu Buhari. / Dakuku Is Love By Rivers People But The Hatred For Govnor Ameachi Made Him Lost / Why The Hatred On Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by IleIfe2(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2013
There has been an uproar over the death of a Nigerian national in the state of Goa, Konkan, west India. A group of African looking men were shown barricading the high way. They reportedly attacked Police officers who mobilised to the scene, vandalised public property and attacked members of the local community.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2013
These Nigerians, as much as i believe they have the right to make their grievances known as it relates to the death of their fellow country man in Goa, i don't think it's right for them to go about destroying government infrastructure. This is something they can't even try in Nigeria because they'll be shot at sight let alone in a country like India. I think that's the height of disrespect.

The Indian authorities should also employ due diligence in dealing with criminals and stop labeling every Nigerian in that country criminals. They should be aware that the government of Nigeria is ready to pay eye for eye and blood for blood. I think Indians benefit from Nigeria than Nigerians benefit from India, so they'll be the ones to lose. he who has an ear let him hear.

Only God knows that i can't live in a place where my kind are hated. How does one even survive in such an atmosphere.

2 Likes

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by IleIfe2(m): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva: These Nigerians, as much as i believe they have the right to make their grievances known as it relates to the death of their fellow country man in Goa, i don't think it's right for them to go about destroying government infrastructure. This is something they can't even try in Nigeria because they'll be shot at sight let alone in a country like India. I think that's the height of disrespect.

The Indian authorities should also employ due diligence in dealing with criminals and stop labeling every Nigerian in that country criminals. They should be aware that the government of Nigeria is ready to pay eye for eye and blood for blood. I think Indians benefit from Nigeria than Nigerians benefit from India, so they'll be the ones to lose. he who has an ear let him hear.

Only God knows that i can't live in a place where my kind are hated. How does one even survive in such an atmosphere.

Local politicians and police men are already rallying their folks. check youtube, the anti Nigeria sentiment is at a all time high.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Local politicians and police men are already rallying the folks. check youtube, the anti Nigeria sentiment is at a all time high.
This is similar to what Jews are doing to blacks in Israel.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by IleIfe2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is similar to what Jews are doing to blacks in Israel.

Really? blacks attack Jews, barricade busy roads, attack police officers and rubbish the body of their dead friend on the street to demand justice?

2 Likes

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Really? blacks attack Jews, barricade busy roads, attack police officers and rubbish the body of their dead friend on the street to demand justice?
Is that the reason why the Goa people are all out against Nigerians? I don't think so. They're accusing Nigerians of committing crimes just the same way jews are accusing blacks in Israel of the same thing.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by tpia5: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Why are nigerians in india?

I dont get it.

What are they doing there?

1 Like

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Polio: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
tpia@:

I dont get it.

What sort of dumb and dimwitted question are you asking?

Why are you where you are?!
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Desola(f): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wise Nigerians better take up Togolese or beninoise citizenship while it's still easy to do so now. Because the way I see it, the Nigerian image can never ever be redeemed.

1 Like

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Polio: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Desola: Wise Nigerians better take up Togolese or beninoise citizenship while it's still easy to do so now. Because the way I see it, the Nigerian image can never ever be redeemed.
Never. It is tarnished beyond repair!

1 Like

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
More on this story.

Goa Chief Minister blames foreign ministry for row with Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWq03vuk2es

Panaji, Goa: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today accused a Nigerian diplomat of sending "offensive SMSes" to a senior police officer in the aftermath of protests that followed the killing of a Nigerian national last week. He also blamed the Indian foreign ministry for the snowballing diplomatic row with Nigeria.

HERE’S YOUR 10-POINT CHEAT-SHEET TO THIS BIG STORY:
1. "The row between India and Nigeria was created by the mistakes of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told NDTV. "The Nigerian attache sent offensive text messages to the superintendent of police. Why didn't the attache come to Goa through the MEA?" Mr Parrikar asked.(Watch)

2. Nigerian consular official Jacob Nwadadia had warned on Monday that thousands of Indians in his country will be "thrown out on the streets" if the police doesn't stop evicting Nigerians from their homes in Goa, where the government is trying to locate and deport foreigners without valid visas.

3. Nigeria's ambassador in India, Ndubuisi Vitus Amaku, has said, "The Nigerian people as a whole feel insulted and offended... I need evidence from you and from others that you are also concerned about the safety of Nigerians.

4. Nigeria has formally written to the Indian government expressing concern over the security of its citizens, and a drive by the Goa government's drive to deport its citizens.

5. "The MEA got in touch with Goa's chief secretary who assured us of a report in 48 hours. Our acting High Commissioner in Abuja went to the Nigerian foreign office and explained the situation as we see it," Syed Akbaruddin, Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said.

6. On Wednesday, provocative and racist banners stating "Say no to Nigerian, Say no to Drugs" came up in Mapusa town with locals singling out Nigerians and saying they will not rent homes to them.

7. Mr Parrikar has denied any racism and said that people were responding to a perception. "There is this feeling because more Nigerians have been arrested for indulging in the narcotics trade."

8. Michael Lobo, an MLA from the ruling party, said, "98% Nigerians, African nationals in Goa are involved in drugs... they come to Goa on false pretext of tourism, studies." His party colleague and a minister in the state government, Dayanand Mandrekar, in fact, said that "Nigerians are like a 'cancer'.(Read: Nigerians are like cancer, says Goa minister)

9. Goa police had on Wednesday arrested a Goan youth - Surendra Pal - in connection with the killing of the Nigerian national which sparked the protests

10. Obodo Uzoma Simeon was killed on October 31. The murder is being investigated by the state police's special investigation squad.

Source
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Slizbeat(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
After watching the video posted on YouTube, I see that the Nigerians were right for demanding justice but were wrong the way they went about it.

Again, I really wouldn't blame them for what they did cos of how Nigeria is and how Nigeria will react about it with our government nonchalant attitude over the death of any of her nationals outside the shores of Nigeria.

Similar thing happened sometime ago in this same Goa where a Nigerian National was killed and everything was swept under the carpet by the Goan police.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by IleIfe2(m): 6:42am On Nov 09, 2013
Slizbeat: After watching the video posted on YouTube, I see that the Nigerians were right for demanding justice but were wrong the way they went about it.

Again, I really wouldn't blame them for what they did cos of how Nigeria is and how Nigeria will react about it with our government nonchalant attitude over the death of any of her nationals outside the shores of Nigeria.

Similar thing happened sometime ago in this same Goa where a Nigerian National was killed and everything was swept under the carpet by the Goan police.

That's not the way to demand for justice, what they ended doing is asking for more ill treatment.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by lionness(f): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2013
Afam4eva: These Nigerians, as much as i believe they have the right to make their grievances known as it relates to the death of their fellow country man in Goa, i don't think it's right for them to go about destroying government infrastructure. This is something they can't even try in Nigeria because they'll be shot at sight let alone in a country like India. I think that's the height of disrespect.

Plain rubbish from the usual suspects and crybabies. Are the Ibos the only people outside the shores of Nigeria?
Even for Woolwich where a Yoruba man butchered a cop in day light, the Yorubas were spared, because they know the mad boy action is an isolated case. But why are your people been the one killed everywhere. Everyone has problem with them. Hausas, Yoruba, even among yourself...and everywhere you go in the world. Go to Chinco prison, malaysia, india sef, what is it! NA wetin !

3 Likes

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by lionness(f): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2013
tpia@:

I dont get it.

Dont you know your brothers? They own 99% of Lagos and Abuja. They also own 90% of india as well. They own everywhere.
Nonsense. I stop worrying about news as this. When your house isnt in order, and you cant proudly boast of succeeding from where you are from, dont come to my house to start crowing like a f00l

2 Likes

Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Theben(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2013
I still wonder what Nigerians are still doing in that shithole.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by IleIfe2(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2013
lionness:

Plain rubbish from the usual suspects and crybabies. Are the Ibos the only people outside the shores of Nigeria?
Even for Woolwich where a Yoruba man butchered a cop in day light, the Yorubas were spared, because they know the mad boy action is an isolated case. But why are your people been the one killed everywhere. Everyone has problem with them. Hausas, Yoruba, even among yourself...and everywhere you go in the world. Go to Chinco prison, malaysia, india sef, what is it! NA wetin !

Its funny,"Nigerians" don't get killed for commercial/industrial disputes or ICCA issues, its always over illegal stuffs and big ego.

People from a shit hole always trying tell others from a better and developed homeland where leaders were and are committed to national development that they are sharper and smarter than them. (Pardon my language) if you are smarter, your leaders will not steal from you and get away with it.
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by T8ksy(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2013
lionness:

Dont you know your brothers? They own 99% of Lagos and Abuja. They also own 90% of india as well. They own everywhere.
Nonsense. I stop worrying about news as this. When your house isnt in order, and you cant proudly boast of succeeding from where you are from, dont come to my house to start crowing like a f00l

Sadly for some people, CHARITY DOES NOT BEGIN AT HOME. It begins in a foreign land.

Omo ti won ko ba ko ni' le, won a ko nita. It's just unfortunate that, other family members will be tainted with the same brush, around the

globe for the simple reason of bearing the same surname( Nigerian).
Re: The "Hatred" For "Nigerians by Valon4ego(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2013
lionness:

where did this one come from?

(1) (Reply)

APC Quotes From 2002 Till Date / Ebola: Nigeria Gets Nano-silva Trial Drug / EXPOSED: Another Plot By APC To Stop Fayose's Inauguration Uncovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.