Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious (1427 Views)

How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo) / Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Ruchidera(f): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2013
I don't believe in God but I don't go to church or pray or read the Bible.
I am more about thinking logically rather than just believing all the things that the Bible says.
I am 16 years old and my aunt wants me to get baptized and
I told her that I didn't want to do that and she thinks that I am a bad person.
I just don't understand how I can be bad just because I don't want to abide
by all of the rules in the Bible. I make good grades, I respect my parents,
and I have a job. I just don't think that I have to be religious just to have a good life.

Please state your thoughts about this.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Polio: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2013
No. You are not a bad person.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Prowizy2(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2013
U're the baddest girl ever liveth
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Ruchidera(f): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Prowizy2: U're the baddest girl ever liveth
How and why?
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Adrenaline123(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2013
What can you say about heaven or hell?
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Ruchidera(f): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123: What can you say about heaven or hell?
They exist on this earth and nothing more?

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Lilimax(f): 11:57am On Nov 07, 2013
You're not a bad person for not being religious.

Personally I disagree with being religious instead I focus on being spiritual.

It is all about your spiritual walk with your Maker...as to believe in God, you don't need to be religious.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2013
It's ur choice girl. I don't see anything wrong with it smiley
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by nnofaith: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ruchidera: I don't believe in God but I don't go to church or pray or read the Bible.
I am more about thinking logically rather than just believing all the things that the Bible says.
I am 16 years old and my aunt wants me to get baptized and
I told her that I didn't want to do that and she thinks that I am a bad person.
I just don't understand how I can be bad just because I don't want to abide
by all of the rules in the Bible. I make good grades, I respect my parents,
and I have a job. I just don't think that I have to be religious just to have a good life.

Please state your thoughts about this.
Dont let anybody put you in a box. Religion is just BS invented by ancient men to give thier lives meaning, men wrote the religious books, men fought and forcefuly converted others, men created religious institutions to control others. Religion is just a con. live your life free of all religious BS.

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Adrenaline123(m): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ruchidera: They exist on this earth and nothing more?
ok, now i know u believe there is something like that, just forget about the location.
Where do you wanna be? choose one and work towards it. Sure you 've got the knowledge and and orientation about the two h's
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by MonsieurCoder: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123:
ok, now i know u believe there is something like that, just forget about the location.
Where do you wanna be? choose one and work towards it. Sure you 've got the knowledge and and orientation about the two h's

So all you have to do is accept a jewish fairy tale man into your life

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Lilimax(f): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
nnofaith: Dont let anybody put you in a box. Religion is just BS invented by ancient men to give thier lives meaning, men wrote the religious books, men fought and forcefuly converted others, men created religious institutions to control others. Religion is just a con. live your life free of all religious BS.
Although I'm not religious and don't subscribe to being one,
I still have a Sacred Book ( the Holy Bible) which is my guiding principle.
This book was written by Holy men of God under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit...

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Ruchidera(f): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123:
I do whatever my mind tells me to do that is right.
Wherever I end up the end will justify.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Adrenaline123(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

So all you have to do is accept a jewish fairy tale man into your life
Accepting there means follow and obey His principles which are always correct and compatible with good deeds.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
op just let ur conscience always guide u.
always live morally and seek knowdge

dont let religion scatter ur brain, and make u foolish and stupid like many Abrahamics on NL

however, I susgest u get learn about the spirituality of ur ancestors. It wud do u go
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by nnofaith: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lilimax:
Although I'm not religious and don't subscribe to being one,
I still have a Sacred Book ( the Holy Bible) which is my guiding principle.
This book was written by Holy men of God under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit...

"under the inspiration of the holy spirit"

hmmmn! i smell scam, i smell BS!

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Adrenaline123(m): 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ruchidera:
I do whatever my mind tells me to do that is right.
Wherever I end up the end will justify.
Do you know that sometimes when you do what your mind tells you do and you don't have any atom of doubt that it is wrong maybe through proper examination or at the longrun you may finally realize that what you did earlier was wrong, happens to people, (thats the devils tricks) , now all am saying is that you need principles that have been tested and trusted over a long period of time that will withstand the devils threats to you achieving good and great deeds. And this starts by believing with faith ('cause everybody on earth lives by faith when I mean every body including religious and atheists beings.) ask me why.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123:
Do you know that sometimes when you do what your mind tells you do and you don't have any atom of doubt that it is wrong maybe through proper examination or at the longrun you may finally realize that what you did earlier was wrong, happens to people, (thats the devils tricks) , now all am saying is that you need principles that have been tested and trusted over a long period of time that will withstand the devils threats to you achieving good and great deeds. And this starts by believing with faith ('cause everybody on earth lives by faith when I mean every body including religious and atheists beings.) ask me why.
if u wanna say something, just say it
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
nnofaith: "under the inspiration of the holy spirit"

hmmmn! i smell scam, i smell BS!
Yeah under the inspiration of the holy Spirit.
There is no scam in it as it has been tested and proven to be so?
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by MonsieurCoder: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lilimax:

where?
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lilimax:
by who?
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by MonsieurCoder: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123:
Accepting there means follow and obey His principles which are always correct and compatible with good deeds.

Sorry, i don't need the help of a jewish fairy tale sky daddy in human form to do what is right.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by MonsieurCoder: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123:

Faith in a god that committed homicide? who was worse between the devil and yahweh in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Faith in a god that committed homicide? who was worse between the devil and yahweh in the bible?
Yahweh is the unarguable answer
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Lilimax(f): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

where?
In the planet earth undecided
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Lilimax(f): 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
macof: by who?
By most spiritually minded believers?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by obialfa: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Satan's waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lilimax: By most spiritually minded believers?
the god of lies is ur friend

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by Adrenaline123(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Because you didn't see something does not mean it does not exist.

-People who believe in God have not seen Him before but do so because they heard of Him.

-Everybody has a mother, that you call her mom today is because you grew up and saw her to be caring to you.

Now the link between this two outlines is just FAITH, makes you believe what you did not see.

Think about it, there is a super natural force behind this earth, what do you think about human existence, how humans came about. That shows you there must be a creator, forget about Darwinism; how can humans evolve from apes thats abstruce.
The creator is God who begot Jesus Christ.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by arthgideon: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
No youre not a bad person. As long as you know the difference between what is right and what is wrong.
Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by macof(m): 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Adrenaline123: Because you didn't see something does not mean it does not exist.

-People who believe in God have not seen Him before but do so because they heard of Him.

-Everybody has a mother, that you call her mom today is because you grew up and saw her to be caring to you.

Now the link between this two outlines is just FAITH, makes you believe what you did not see.

Think about it, there is a super natural force behind this earth, what do you think about human existence, how humans came about. That shows you there must be a creator, forget about Darwinism; how can humans evolve from apes thats abstruce.
The creator is God who begot Jesus Christ.
evolution is real
God cannot just begat a man like dat, this even much more abstruse

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious by EvilBrain1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
@OP

You're 16, so do what you have to do to keep your family happy. For one, you're not yet fully independent, job or no. And more importantly, you need to have a good relationship with the people you care about. As an atheist, you of all people should know that they won't be around forever. Once they're gone, you'll never see them again, not in heaven or anywhere else. So don't waste the time you have fighting over religion.

It's good that you were honest with your aunt about your beliefs, but if it means so much to her then it will cost you very little to make her happy. There's nothing wrong with going along with something you don't believe in to make someone else happy as long as no one is harmed.

You'll have plenty of time to be a Chris Hitchens type atheist when you're older.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

"What Is Roman Catholicism?" / Evangelizing The Evangelized ie preaching to people who have heard the gospel / What Are The Differences Between Shia And Sunni Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.