Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,148 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! (1468 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / What Is Going On In This Pic B/w OBJ And Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by noblefada: 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
This afternoon, I just decided peruse the news and before an hour I’ve come across this stories
1. https://www.nairaland.com/1507961/house-report-demands-oduah-sack
2. https://www.nairaland.com/1508319/n500-billion-sure-p-funds-missing
3. http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/07/efcc-docks-12-persons-for-n3bn-pension-theft/
4. https://www.nairaland.com/1507752/largest-fraud-africa-discovered-between

And I’m quite sure there are others I may have missed. Now I’m so confused and disorientated! Why is there so much stealing and corruption going in this country!?? Just thinking what effect these monies would have had on the life of Nigerians is almost making go bunkers! The craziest of them all is the stealing of money for pensions and it been spear headed by a woman! How can you steal old people’s money and every day you pass by them and tell them government has not released money! Why are some Nigerians so heartless and corrupt!

God pls what is going on in this country, I’m almost getting depressed!!!
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by supersonic(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
U dont need to be depressed. Me, you,everybody need to do something reasonable. We need to sacrifice today for better tomorrow. We dont need to vote for anybody who we will later say he's trying,we need someone who will make good use of our mandates,someone with integrity,someone who can stand against the cabals,not someone who will say "na we we" and he go dey bloe our money. We are all stakeholders,we should rise up now or remain like this forever.
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by fowowe411: 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
@op are you from mars?nah today?
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by CyberG: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
noblefada: This afternoon, I just decided peruse the news and before an hour I’ve come across this stories
3. http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/07/efcc-docks-12-persons-for-n3bn-pension-theft/

And I’m quite sure there are others I may have missed. Now I’m so confused and disorientated! Why is there so much stealing and corruption going in this country!?? Just thinking what effect these monies would have had on the life of Nigerians is almost making go bunkers! The craziest of them all is the stealing of money for pensions and it been spear headed by a woman! How can you steal old people’s money and every day you pass by them and tell them government has not released money! Why are some Nigerians so heartless and corrupt!

Are you tired of FRESH AIR NOW?? LWTMB!! grin grin Would you Nigerians vote for people who have never been mentioned in a corruption case like Buhari after 30 years in the public space? Would your tribalism allow you to see the future of your children and your retirement? Would you allow a Governor Fashola, on of the best administrators in recent times to keep you all busy and dazed with lots of positive strides in re-organizing the Nigerian State, infrastructure nationally while Buhari can bring the political will to ensure the system works and corruption is destroyed or reduced while the NA and Judiciary do their jobs to ensure the Executive is within the bounds of the constitution? Until you Nigerians are ready, I only see suffering in YOUR FUTURE and that of your children except each one of you is able to steal N 500 B!

As for me, I am glad I am far away from Nigeria, and MY PENSION will be coming from one of the best countries on the planet where I am working and investing my time and that of my future kids! Even if the whole of Nigeria is stolen today, I can only laugh at the foolishness of people who clap for their tribal kinsmen who have eaten their futures, their children and grand children while making sure their own children are not only born and educated in foreign countries but in fact bank roll their existence and opulent living on the head of your unfortunate kids! One day, they will return from US, UK, Canada, etc to continue to rob you and your children of any future so you remain in perpetual slavery while clapping for your tribal kinsmen! Hahahaha..only in Nigeria! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by noblefada: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
fowowe411: @op are you from mars?nah today?
But its very frustrating for some of us who are optimist and try to see good in people and this country. All this news within 1 hour i don't know what to do.
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by eye4eye: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
noblefada: This afternoon, I just decided peruse the news and before an hour I’ve come across this stories

You never seen anything yet! Keep voting based on ethnicity and religion. Una go suffer tire!grin
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by noblefada: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
CyberG:

Are you tired of FRESH AIR NOW?? LWTMB!! grin grin Would you Nigerians vote for people who have never been mentioned in a corruption case like Buhari after 30 years in the public space? Would your tribalism allow you to see the future of your children and your retirement? Would you allow a Governor Fashola, on of the best administrators in recent times to keep you all busy and dazed with lots of positive strides in re-organizing the Nigerian State, infrastructure nationally while Buhari can bring the political will to ensure the system works and corruption is destroyed or reduced while the NA and Judiciary do their jobs to ensure the Executive is within the bounds of the constitution? Until you Nigerians are ready, I only see suffering in YOUR FUTURE and that of your children except each one of you is able to steal N 500 B!

As for me, I am glad I am far away from Nigeria, and MY PENSION will be coming from one of the best countries on the planet where I am working and investing my time and that of my future kids! Even if the whole of Nigeria is stolen today, I can only laugh at the foolishness of people who clap for their tribal kinsmen who have eaten their futures, their children and grand children while making sure their own children are not only born and educated in foreign countries but in fact bank roll their existence and opulent living on the head of your unfortunate kids! One day, they will return from US, UK, Canada, etc to continue to rob you and your children of any future so you remain in perpetual slavery while clapping for your tribal kinsmen! Hahahaha..only in Nigeria! grin grin grin
Congrats to you but i still love my country and for the records i didn't vote for Fresh air and don't think I'll ever do and i can never never support tribalism though i see a lot of it on NL. Please people, once someone is confirm to be corrupt, let treat him/her as such and stop all this tribal witch-hunt and bigotry.
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by bappahman: 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
eye4eye: You never seen anything yet! Keep voting based on ethnicity and religion. Una go suffer tire!grin
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2013

Ahhh na GEJ's fresh air now just do d needful!
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
eye4eye: You never seen anything yet! Keep voting based on ethnicity and religion. Una go suffer tire!grin
Look who's talking...
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by noblefada: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
It has not been a very good afternoon for me. Tried sleeping but could not get all the stolen money off my mind! Is that we don't have institutions that can protect us from these massive plunder of our collective wealth and future of our children? Are there no credible officers in the National Assembly that can stand up and speak out?!! Don't we have right groups that can hold this people accountable??! Pls are there international bodies that can come to the aid of the Nigerian people because it seems that our internal institutions have failed us! O people! pls what can be done
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
buhari: 22 REASONS WHY BUHARI CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA

Originally By: Kekere ekun and Co.

In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the follwoing reasons I can not vote for Buhari

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution. He left untouched an alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by meanhearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, co ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame!

17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiven. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates and a few of them protested, Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.

If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamendalist, conscienceless human being like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.

For the good of Nigeria, vote any other candidate, but SAY NO TO BUHARI!!!
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Usbeel:

Ahhh na GEJ's fresh air now just do d needful!
I think buhari has done enuf of d needful-
FLASH:
Nduka Irabor, Tunde Thompson and other
Journalists cried when Buhari jailed them. Tai
Solarin the Activist cried when Buhari sent
him to jail for publicly opposing him. Fela
Ransome Kuti, the Musician, cried when he
was jailed by Buhari. Parents and friends of
Barth Owoh, Ojuolape and others cried when,
they were sent to early graves. Former
Governor of Imo State, the late Sam Mbakwe
cried at Buhari’s marginalization of his people
when PTDF was unable to construct a single
road in South West, South South and South
East whereas, the same PTDF under Buhari
regime constructed more than 98 roads in
the Northern part of Nigeria. Ambrose Ali
cried when Buhari locked him up for nothing.
Michael Ajasin cried and even became blind
thanks Buhari. Civil Servants cried when he
retrenched 53,000 workers. Nigerians cried
while queuing for their portions of scarce
commodities like rice, sugar, salt, milk and
toiletries. Students cried when he re-
introduced payment of school fees. Our
Economy cried when he increased external
debts by $3bn in 1year. Lagosians are still
crying from road traffic because He cancelled
the Metro line Railway Project. Nigerians have
cried for more than 17 years of military rule
resulting from Buhari’s criminal regime. What
goes around, comes around. Tears never
begin flow from Buhari’s eyes yet. All
Nigerians need is credibility not tears The
parents of the 11 copper members slain in
Bauchi, during 2011 post-election violence,
that erupted, following Buhari's post-election
speech activities of boko haram commence
and thousands of Nigerians are dying every
day , also cried The N2.8 billion stolen by
Buhari and trillion of naira that disappeared
under him in PTF is fresh in our memories, we
shall never forget and forgive him. We have
recycled leaders enough. Nigeria is a country
with more than 160 million people why
recycle leaders? Those angling to replace the
now discredited lot are in every way, the
same fingers of a leprous hand. They had
never offered anything for us in the past
except hatred and distrust among us. We
need a new set of credible people as leaders
not the old same people. They ruled the
country in the past and brought policies that
ruined this country to this extent and wants
to come back again, never. We are many in
Nigeria, let's try another set.
Replacing another leader or voting in another party won't change
nigeria's problem. What we need is TRUE FEDERALISM.
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by eye4eye: 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
lygn19:
I think buhari has done enuf of d needful-
FLASH:
Nduka Irabor, Tunde Thompson and other
Journalists cried when Buhari jailed them. Tai
Solarin the Activist cried when Buhari sent
him to jail for publicly opposing him. Fela
Ransome Kuti, the Musician, cried when he
was jailed by Buhari. Parents and friends of
Barth Owoh, Ojuolape and others cried when,
they were sent to early graves. Former
Governor of Imo State, the late Sam Mbakwe
cried at Buhari’s marginalization of his people
when PTDF was unable to construct a single
road in South West, South South and South
East whereas, the same PTDF under Buhari
regime constructed more than 98 roads in
the Northern part of Nigeria. Ambrose Ali
cried when Buhari locked him up for nothing.
Michael Ajasin cried and even became blind
thanks Buhari. Civil Servants cried when he
retrenched 53,000 workers. Nigerians cried
while queuing for their portions of scarce
commodities like rice, sugar, salt, milk and
toiletries. Students cried when he re-
introduced payment of school fees. Our
Economy cried when he increased external
debts by $3bn in 1year. Lagosians are still
crying from road traffic because He cancelled
the Metro line Railway Project. Nigerians have
cried for more than 17 years of military rule
resulting from Buhari’s criminal regime. What
goes around, comes around. Tears never
begin flow from Buhari’s eyes yet. All
Nigerians need is credibility not tears The
parents of the 11 copper members slain in
Bauchi, during 2011 post-election violence,
that erupted, following Buhari's post-election
speech activities of boko haram commence
and thousands of Nigerians are dying every
day , also cried The N2.8 billion stolen by
Buhari and trillion of naira that disappeared
under him in PTF is fresh in our memories, we
shall never forget and forgive him. We have
recycled leaders enough. Nigeria is a country
with more than 160 million people why
recycle leaders? Those angling to replace the
now discredited lot are in every way, the
same fingers of a leprous hand. They had
never offered anything for us in the past
except hatred and distrust among us. We
need a new set of credible people as leaders
not the old same people. They ruled the
country in the past and brought policies that
ruined this country to this extent and wants
to come back again, never. We are many in
Nigeria, let's try another set.
Replacing another leader or voting in another party won't change
nigeria's problem. What we need is TRUE FEDERALISM.
I know there is no way you believe all the rubbish you listed. Liar!
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by docsholz(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
eye4eye: I know there is no way you believe all the rubbish you listed. Liar!
as much as I dislike lygn19 for his tribalism and insult of d yoruba people, i have to say he's majorly right about buhari especially the concentration of PTF Funds in d north, I'd rather Nigeria disintegrates than buhari become president
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
Many Yorubas have been killed unjustly in history of Nigeria... Yet we are tag cowards... I just pray that Nigeria divide sharply
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
eye4eye: I know there is no way you believe all the rubbish you listed. Liar!
If buhari is looking for country to rule let it be in Arewa republic, yet its dz same Ediots dat re saying don't vote based on ethnicity and religion, Buhari committed all dz attrocities yet he still had d impetus to want to contest for election, I ve said it so many times dat d same way u northerners frustrated GEJ's tenure dats how we re gonna do to u. We re gonna keep frustrating each other till u ppl re ready to have sense.
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by oderemo(m): 12:47am On Nov 08, 2013
lygn19:
If buhari is looking for country to rule let it be in Arewa republic, yet its dz same Ediots dat re saying don't vote based on ethnicity and religion, Buhari committed all dz attrocities yet he still had d impetus to want to contest for election, I ve said it so many times dat d same way u northerners frustrated GEJ's tenure dats how we re gonna do to u. We re gonna keep frustrating each other till u ppl re ready to have sense.
And that s your detention of democracy.?
Re: Help! What Is Going On In Nigeria?? I'm So Confused Right Now! by noblefada: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2013
Are we Nigerians the real problem with this country Must everything be tribalized Another one this morning, a NSCDC officer caught with 61 houses, oh my God!
Guess there are check and balances in Nigeria. The Civil service, Security agencies, National Assembly, National Intelligence Agency etc should all fold, they have utterly failed Nigeria and are good as useless and I think CBN and the banking institutions should all be blame for failing to identify and curb the massive corruption in this country. Its only God that can help us now.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2013 - Prophet Predicts Victory For Ngige / BREAKING NEWS!! Rivers State Government presents 2014 Budget. / Radison Blue Hotel Opening In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.