Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) (1486 Views)

3, 500 Male Sex Workers, Mostly Married, Discovered In Abuja - NACA / Amazing: A Woman Gives Birth On The Road In Lagos / AMAZING: A New Part Of Human Body Discovered[PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
As impossible as it may sound, two Belgian knee surgeons have discovered a new part of the human body. The new part has been named the anterolateral ligament (ALL). The ALL is present in 97 percent of all human knees and may play a significant role in how patients recover from anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears.

ALL was discovered by Dr. Steven Claes and Dr. Johan Bellemans from University Hospitals Leuven who have been conducting research into ACL tears over the past four years.

The scientists looked into a theory made by a French surgeon in 1879, which claimed that an unknown ligament existed on the anterior of the human knee.

They looked into a theory made by a French surgeon in 1879, which claimed that an unknown ligament existed on the anterior of the human knee. After conducting a broad cadaver study using macroscopic dissection techniques, Claes and Bellemans found this theory to be correct. Their research showed that pivot shift occurs when there is additional injury in the ALL.

The discovery, which was detailed in the Journal of Anatomy, could signal a breakthrough for the future of treatment for ACL injuries.

source:
http://www.informationng.com/2013/11/amazing-a-new-part-of-human-body-discovered.html

Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Recommended for front page.... Also go to the hospital to check if you have it... If you dont, you may do and upgrade. your latest version may have it.. grin grin grin
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by drjoebond080: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
lol
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by adebisi96(f): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
Looks like fried turkey to me embarassed
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
adebisi96: Looks like fried turkey to me embarassed

have fun den... get one bottle of orobo too
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
thanks to Dr. Steven Claes and Dr. Johan Bellemans from University Hospitals Leuven,
you guys are more important in our world than king james & co...
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
O.T.I.S:
thanks to Dr. Steven Claes and Dr. Johan Bellemans from University Hospitals Leuven,
you guys are more important in our world than king james & co...

how do u mean?
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2013
Just confirmed that i have this......dancing skelewu
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2013
i wanna sell mine to those who do not have for just $50bn
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by kentochi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chuzzyrules: i wanna sell mine to those who do not have for just $50bn

money matter!
Re: AMAZING: A NEW HUMAN PART OF THE BODY DISCOVERED (PIC) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
na so oooooo

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies! Seven Major Reason Your Period Might Be Delayed Apart From Pregnancy / Your Health, Wellness & Vitality...why Nutritional Supplementation? / Why Some People Have A Tiny Hole (preauricular Sinus) Above Their Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.