Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (20532 Views)

See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
naijababe:

Which kain yeye Federalism?
Good morning ma. Did you sleep well grin How was your nite
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:

Can you give an example where this occurs in practice and how is it different from the federalism that we have .
I am sorry but it seems to me that we already have "regionalism" . We have states that to quote you are " granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates".
So from your definition we are practising regionalism already

Canada is a VERY good example of a country that practices regionalism. The different provinces of Quebec, Ontario, etc have their different form of governance BUT ALL their governments are coordinated by the central.

Nigeria's case is different. Here, the FG is overall LORD. It tells any state what is & what is not , whether absolutely ineffective/no resistance to its decision.

...but in regionalism, once the confines of autonomy has been dictated in the constitution, no amount of power can make the FG manipulate unless such region gives in.

Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

But I thought you would be stu*pid enough to give me another of your mo'ronic replies, Uhn? undecided

I guess your imbecilic posts will engender a kind or two.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Above crap is one of ills associated with the so-called “free education” Awolowo introduced in western region of Nigeria. I am not surprised that the poster is still wallowing foolishly on propaganda and innuendoes spearheaded by the news media houses based in western region in 1967 to cover silly acts of the citizens of the region.

It will pay you enough dividends to know your god in Nowa Omogiu, one of the idiotic exponents of the crap surrounding the record "ewu na ebe akwa" and alleged taunting”, has been shamed on the issue. The artist of the record was not even Igbo person talk less of the act of taunting. It is silly to hear and see most southern Nigerians, baring Biafrans, talk about idiotic nature of Nigeria and wish it never existed. I have always referred such goons to their forebears who fought Biafrans to erect a cesspit called Nigeria.
I have advised you to cease your verbose verbigerations and enjoy your dotage in peace. Your flatulent eruptions are disruptive,foul and embarrassing
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
Good morning ma. Did you sleep well grin How was your nite

No need for this kain sarcasm, i am just asking you how you came to the conclusion that Nigeria practises Federalism?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Canada is a VERY good example of a country that practices regionalism. The different provinces of Quebec, Ontario, etc have their different form of governance BUT ALL their governments are coordinated by the central.

Nigeria's case is different. Here, the FG is overall LORD. It tells any state what is & what is not , whether absolutely ineffective/no resistance to its decision.

...but in regionalism, once the confines of autonomy has been dictated in the constitution, no amount of power can make the FG manipulate unless such region gives in.

Do you understand?
There is autonomy in our constitution . I m not sure that you have a clear idea what you are advocating and your Regionalism cry sounds more like sloganeering.

Lagos State has a lot of autonomy. The issue is not just enshrining autonomy in the constitution but in the strength of our institutions e.g Obasanjo's decision to withhold the allocation from Lagos State was unconstitutional but it still happened.
Based on your definition ,we are practising regionalism already. We need to strengthen it and we can always debate for more or less autonomy but it is still regionalism
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess your imbecilic posts will engender a kind or two.

"Desperate diseases need Desperate remedies".

Deride Gull, the rate or your age growth is directly proportional to your voluptuous senselessness, Man. !

Dont you think you need a cure for this disease raging in you?...
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
naijababe:

No need for this kain sarcasm, i am just asking you how you came to the conclusion that Nigeria practises Federalism?
Sarcasm? No!! I am interested in every detail of your nite. So tell me . How was it?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
I have advised you to cease your verbose verbigerations and enjoy your dotage in peace. Your flatulent eruptions are disruptive,foul and embarrassing

Omokanda

I thought you were a character endowed with average intellect but your actions on this forum kept proving me wrong. For umpteenth time, the artist of the record tagged “ewu na ebe akwa” was not Igbo, olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: There is autonomy in our constitution . I m not sure that you have a clear idea what you are advocating and your Regionalism cry sounds more like sloganeering.

Lagos State has a lot of autonomy. The issue is not just enshrining autonomy in the constitution but in the strength of our institutions e.g Obasanjo's decision to withhold the allocation from Lagos State was unconstitutional but it still happened.
Based on your definition ,we are practising regionlism already. We need to strengthen it and we can always debate for more or less autonomy but it is still regionalism

Are there confines of autonomy for states exclusive to the central's authority?

PLS ANSWER

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Omokanda

I thought you were a character endowed with average intellect but your actions on this forum kept proving me wrong. For umpteenth time, the artist of the record dobbed “ewu na ebe akwa” was not Igbo, olodo.
DendeIku I thought you were dead and buried ? So Ewu na ebe akwa is a fuji song? My surprisation

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
NAIJA BABE, pls assist me ooooo.

Omonaakoda no won gree me. Pls help me & kets convince our egbon together ooo. grin grin
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Are there confines of autonomy for states exclusive to the central's authority?

PLS ANSWER
Not quite sure about this syntactic construction but if you are asking whether states are totally autonomous of course the answer is no.If they were they would be sovereign nations
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by CyberG: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
I will advise that everyone dede1 (deridegull), he brings nothing to any debate and in fact lowers the quality of intellectual debates. He is still dazed and perhaps mentally damaged by the blunt force trauma of 1967 - 1970 Biafra war and his PTSD kicks in high gear whenever he hears the name of Chief Awolowo, Nigeria or related actors or events. dede1, just go and sleep, everything you've said has been shaited upon.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by femogbangba: 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: There is autonomy in our constitution . I m not sure that you have a clear idea what you are advocating and your Regionalism cry sounds more like sloganeering.

Based on your definition ,we are practising regionalism already. We need to strengthen it and we can always debate for more or less autonomy but it is still regionalism

what I think Black is alluding to is a political structure where there is a greater level of autonomy i.e creation of State police, a greater control of resources etc

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
DendeIku I thought you were dead and buried ? So Ewu na ebe akwa is a fuji song? My surprisation

Omokanda

You posited another red flag on Awolowo’s free educational system in western region of Nigeria. Fuji is a tribally bent music. While “ewu na ebe akwa” is none tribally bent music but highlife. Though sang in Igbo language, it was not thoughtful product of Igbo man, olodo. You are going from bad to worse.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: Not quite sure about this syntactic construction but if you are asking whether states are totally autonomous of course the answer is no.If they were they would be sovereign nations

Then what is your own choice of description for a nation that operates under such governmental structure IF YOU SAY NO?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
femogbangba:

what I think Black is alluding to is a political structure where there is a greater level of autonomy i.e creation of State police, a greater control of resources etc

I know I am teasing him. These young lads need to learn clarity of thought and expression and to avoid sloppiness .We have to hold our people to the highest standards grin. It is not enough to regurgitate inchoate poorly digested ideas. One must know what one is talking about

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
femogbangba:

+10000000000 likes

You got me there, BRO.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Omokanda

You posited another red flag on Awolowo’s free educational system in western region of Nigeria. Fuji is a tribally bent music. While “ewu na ebe akwa” is none tribally bent music but highlife. Though sang in Igbo language, it was not thoughtful product of Igbo man, olodo. You are going from bad to worse.
You are dry and boring
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
I know I am teasing him. These young lads need to learn clarity of thought and expression and avoid sloppiness we have to hold our people to the highest standards grin

Na wa ooooo. Omo Yooba.!

You actually arent aware of my age NOR never seen me before 'cos i dont understand why such statements as "...These young lads...."

I dont know your age either, BUT I dont think its morally acceptable from you brandishing such statements..

PLS lets co-operate for the sake of our mutual respects , BRO. !

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Na wa ooooo. Omo Yooba.!

You actually arent aware of my age NOR never seen me before 'cos i dont understand why such statements as "...These young lads...."

I dont know your age either, BUT I dont think its morally acceptable from you brandishing such statements..

PLS lets co-operate for the sake of our mutual respects , BRO. !
Sorry no offense meant.If that offends you I apologize. You must be an old man then but I am sure not as old as DendeIku. He is as old as the hills but refuses to die

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Littlehooper: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
STOP WASTING YOUR MB.... THE MAN HAS MADE HIS COMNENT N HE ACKNOWLEDGED THE LEGACY OF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO........
WHY ARE THE IGBOS RANTING.........?
IF U KNOW WHAT CLARKE KNOWS N READ ABOUT OBAFEMI AWOLOWO U (IGBO ) WILL REASON ALONG WITH HIM

IGBO(CLARKE ) ACKNOWLEDGING YORUBA (AWOLOWO ) THAT'S GREAT......
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
Sorry no offense meant.If that offends you I apologize. You must be an old man then but I am sure not as old as DendeIku. He is as old as the hills but refuses to die

grin grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
CyberG: I will advise that everyone dede1 (deridegull), he brings nothing to any debate and in fact lowers the quality of intellectual debates. He is still dazed and perhaps mentally damaged by the blunt force trauma of 1967 - 1970 Biafra war and his PTSD kicks in high gear whenever he hears the name of Chief Awolowo, Nigeria or related actors or events. dede1, just go and sleep, everything you've said has been shaited upon.

Cyberfool,

Do you expect me to join you in a childish debate of emptiness such as true federalism or false federalism? Such classless banters are left for inconsequential political minnows such as you. Nigeria must disintegrate in order for people of various nation states to embrace socio-politico-economic growth. All these idiotic talks of federalism, regionalism and confederacy are deceitful maneuvers that have no useful time in Nigeria today.

An honest Nigerian must agree that disintegration of Nigeria into nation states is a sure way out of current socio-politico-economic doldrums in the country.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Akanbiedu(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
The old man knows Yoruba's weakness, he's just trying to exploit it.

Datz all.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
Shakiratuu:

Sorry ojare, where is this Southern Nigeria and who are they?
Google is ur friend, please use it.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Sike(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
geeez: You mean its Awolowo and not our friends from that side if town

One thing I keep saying is that a people that are progressive in their mindset will always attract development

Lagos is fast growing because BRF is progressive

Ogun, Oyo and Osun are fast catching up for the same reason

God bless the Yoruba race
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
I know I am teasing him. These young lads need to learn clarity of thought and expression and to avoid sloppiness .We have to hold our people to the highest standards grin. It is not enough to regurgitate inchoate poorly digested ideas. One must know what one is talking about

Omokanda.

You seem to embrace above “copy and paste” crap but lacked simple courage to investigate the issue of the song, “ewu na ebe akwa”. You are a dunce because your actions show intelligence without discipline.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG Deliberately Using Soot To Reduce Rivers Population, Wike Tells UN / Osun Elderly Decry APC Performance In The State / John Yakubu Yusuf: EFCC Probes Why Convicted Pension Thief Is Not In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.