Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,667 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147587 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
-5-

Omoye paid the okada rider and walked into her friend's compound, she greeted an old woman sitting in the corridor.

"Mama, good afternoon."
"Omo, bawo ni?" (My child, how are you?). Omoye understood Yoruba but she was not in the mood for pleasantries.

"Fine mama, eku ijoko," (well done) she said and walked towards Rosie's door. She knocked and tried opening the door only to discover it was locked.

"Sebi iwo ni ore sisi Rosie," (You're Rosie's friend, right?) the old woman called out to her.
"Be e ni Ma" (Yes Ma)
"Wa" (Come here)

Omoye walked up to the woman who gave her a key.
"E seun Ma," Omoye replied. (Thank you Ma)
"Ah, kini mo se? Ko tope, sisi Rosie no loni ki fun eh to ba ti de."(what did I do, don't mention, Rosie asked me to give you the key when you get back).

Omoye thanked the woman again while heading to the door, she inserted the key and unlocked the door. As soon as she entered the room, she started crying, images of what she had witnessed in the past one hour kept replaying in her head.

As much as she tried ignoring them, she just couldn't stop them from torturing her. She wondered why Osagie was treating her in such a manner, after all she had gone through with him.

When Rosie had called to inform her that Osagie was dating a classy girl in Lagos, she had felt Rosie was jumping into conclusions, but she had caught him red-handed, how could she have been so naive?

Osagie had gotten her pregnant when she was in SS3, she had then had less than a month to face her SSCE, as soon as she had finished her final exams her father had sent her out and she had no choice but to move in with Osagie.

They had both been struggling to make ends meet till a year and three months ago when Osagie had left Benin for Lagos. He had promised to make money by hook or by crook, though she never liked the dirty sound, she did not appreciate their meagre earnings either.

He called frequently and sent money to cater for her and their son Victor. Last week when he had called, he had made a promise to come home finally within the next three months. Who would have thought that her Osagie was seeing another woman the whole time?

---------------------

Femi sat in the eatery contemplating on what to eat, he had suddenly lost his appetite. Just when he had decided to give love a chance again, why on earth wasn't Sandra single?

He stood up and headed back to his office, lunch was out of the picture.

-------------------

Rosie wore a confused look while staring at her friend who was asleep on the arm chair. Why would she choose to sleep there rather than the bed?

She walked towards her and tapped her gently.
"Rose," Omoye whimpered. Rosie held her friend who was shivering. She was scared for her friend, the girl hardly called her Rose which meant something was up. Her locality was known for riots, thugs, and other crimes. Had the thugs living in her 'face me I face you' apartment attacked Omoye?

"Omo, wetin happen?" She asked.
"Oo...Ooo...Ooosagieee"
Rosie let out a sigh of relief, at least it wasn't a problem relating to the bandits. She had been anticipating this moment ever since she called Omoye to inform her of Osagie's game three weeks earlier.

-Flashback-

"Hello, Rosie how na?"
"I dey jaweee, Omo how your matter?"
"We thank the Lord, this one wey you call person today, I safe?" Omoye asked.

Rosie laughed, Omoye had hit the nail on the head, she hardly called people except when it was necessary, she preferred texting.

"I be wan ask something," she replied.
"Ehen, oya now."
"You still dey marry Osas?"

"Yes now," Omoye replied with a tone of confidence, "wetin happen?"
"Nothing," Rosie was confused, how would she tell her friend that her boyfriend was cheating on her.

"Rosie, talk now" Omoye was getting impatient, why would the girl call to ask her that? She concluded that something had to be wrong.

"I serious, no quanta, I go follow you yarn later."
"Ok oooh, bye bye."
"Greet your pikin for me."

Rosie stared at her phone in disbelief, so Osas was still dating Omo but was enjoying himself with another lady in Lagos. She felt bad for not informing her friend.

She had hurriedly typed a text which she had sent to Omoye after deliberating on it for two hours. Omoye had called her two days later to confirm what she had texted.

Rosie had suggested coming to Lagos for confirmations. Omoye had accepted in order to prove to Rosie that her Osagie was faithful, she would use the journey as a break from the stress she had to deal with in Benin as well.

*To Be Continued*

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by maestrob(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
We are following ur mind blowing story bumper to bumper.
The only issue i have with you is that you dont update frequently.
This had poured cold water on our Strong Affection.
Try and update, if its just 20 sentences.
Keep it up.
You are Damn Good

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
maestrob: We are following ur mind blowing story bumper to bumper.
The only issue i have with you is that you dont update frequently.
This had poured cold water on our Strong Affection.
Try and update, if its just 20 sentences.
Keep it up.
You are Damn Good

tnks...i promise 2 change....20 sentences Pple go bite my head be dt ooooo
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Continuation comes later today... grin cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
I actually lost interest when you referred us to your blog uncerimoniously. You musn't treat your readers that way.

Then again, your updates comes once in a century.Cmon, you can do better.

Keep it coming. My interest may just get rekindled.

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nkpume Iko: I actually lost interest when you referred us to your blog uncerimoniously. You musn't treat your readers that way.

*on my knees* I'm deeply sorry, I promise to improve though it aint easy on my path, I now understand what other writers go through... And I seriously hope to rekindle your interest...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Typing...
Re: Meant To Be by maestrob(m): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
waiting earnestly to Feast on your Creativity and Ingenuity.
#following#
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
Plzzz you guys bear with me ooo, I'm typing on my phone and I just clicked 'submit' now only for me to get the message 'sorry, an unexpected error occured'.
Tsssss...its frustrating, and this isn't the first time dis is happening
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
*continued*

Rosie could not find the right words to comfort her friend who was sobbing and shivering all over.

"Omo, he don do," she finally said.
"Wetin I go do now? ehn? Wetin?" Omo asked while struggling to dry her tears.
"Maybe you should confront him" Rosie shrugged.

Omoye looked at her friend and hissed.
"Confront? He can deny it easily now, I never imagined this day will come."

"He is a man Omo, they tend to misbehave." Rosie embraced her friend. "You need to think on how to handle the situation."
Omoye nodded, she would travel back to Benin and think things through, Lagos was suffocating her already.

--------------------

Fola stole a glance at Sandra who was talking with her sister, he was tired of this pretence of love already. He had gotten the money he planned to get initially, all he wanted was to return to Benin and be with his beautiful Omo and his son Victor.

Sandra was beautiful no doubt but she could never match up to his Omo.

"A penny for your thoughts," Sandra spoke while waving her hands in front of him.
"How long have you been standing in front of me?" he did not realise he had been thinking with his eyes closed all the while.

"Not long," she sat on his lap, "about the money you asked for, my dad is out of town and he says I should wait till he gets back." she continued while stroking his hair.

Fola inwardly felt like hitting Sandra's father, the man was a rich politician but yet he couldn't send money because he was out of town. In this modern age. Weren't there banks wherever he was?

Fola had lied to Sandra that his mother was sick and money was needed for her surgery. Since her dad was a politician, her uncle owned the publishing house where she worked, the girl automatically had money. He had planned to help her spend little out of it while pretending to be her lover.

"Don't you have any cash at hand?" He asked.
"I do but you know the project I've been working on has cut deep into my account, I have about ₦350,000 whereas you need ₦500,000."

"Ok" Fola replied with a fake smile.
"But I'll get the complete money soon, ok." she kissed him firmly on the lips while trying to unbutton his shirt.

Fola held her hands, he had not even responded to the kiss. Sandra looked at Fola askance.

"What's wrong?" she asked, "Is it because of the money?"
"No babe, I'm just tired, I have to go." He buttoned up his shirt and planted a quick kiss on her lips. He stood and walked towards the door before adding "I'll call you."

Fola stood outside Sandra's gate while impatiently waiting for a bike. He decided to walk till he found one. He had returned her car, the guilt was killing him already, he knew she loved him and that was one of the reasons he had to return to Benin.

The number one reason however was that his heart was in Benin, he took out his phone and dialed Omoye's number.

"Hello, sweety"
"Osagie, hello"
Her tone stopped Osagie in his tracks, something had to be wrong.

"Whats wrong, Omo?"
"Its nothing, how are you?"
"I'm fine, something isn't just right with your voice, whats going on. Does it have to do with Victor?"

"I said everything is fine," she snapped, "Osagie, I'm not feeling too well, Ok, thats the problem but I'm getting better."

Osagie was confused, if she was sick she would have informed him. Why was she lying to him?
"Omo, you know you can tell me anything right?"

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
------------------

"Omo, you know you can tell me anything right?"
Omoye did not realise she had cut the phone but the words kept ringing in her head.

Her phone had been ringing continously for the past three minutes, she had not expected his call earlier and had planned to handle the situation with courage but his last statement had broken her resolve.

The pillow she clung unto was already soaked as a result of the tears that had refused to stop, she tried to think of an explanation to give him for ending the call.

She dried her tears, tried to clear her voice by coughing and speaking some incoherent words. She sighed, there was no point calling him back, it was darn obvious that she had been crying and was still crying.

She would just head back to Benin tomorrow, she couldn't let her parents know about this, they would not show her any sympathy, love or advice.

Her tears kept flowing incessantly till she slept off. All she could dream of was her Osagie smooching a classy Lady on the streets of Lagos.

Perhaps coming to Lagos was a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2013
Finally! Thats the end of chapter 5 oooo, maybe I need to map out a schedule on updating...once a week, twice a week? #Thinking
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
maestrob: waiting earnestly to Feast on your Creativity and Ingenuity.
#following#

tnks dear...lunch is served... grin grin grin
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
I neva knew great writer like you still exist on NL but now u av cleared my doubt. Kip em coming, u ar doing perfectly gr8

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by maestrob(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nice piece

3 Gbosa for this update.

I commend the sacrifice & price you are paying every day to update ur story.

God will strengthen you.

You gat a good storyline that can wins even international awards.
Keep on doing it.

Dont relent,

Be focused

Dont feel dixcouraged coz nobody is commenting nor praising you.

Keep on

coz it is only He that endures it to the end that will be crowned.

Good night

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by maestrob(m): 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nice piece

3 Gbosa for this update.

God will strengthen you.

You gat a good storyline that can wins nominations for Awards even international awards.
Keep on doing it.

Dont relent,

Be focused

Keep on

Good night
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
D9ty7: I neva knew great writer like you still exist on NL but now u av cleared my doubt. Kip em coming, u ar doing perfectly gr8

awwww, on my very first story? ... Tnks oooo *slightly bows* am honoured
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
maestrob: Nice piece

3 Gbosa for this update.

God will strengthen you.

You gat a good storyline that can wins nominations for Awards even international awards.
Keep on doing it.

Dont relent,

Be focused

Keep on

Good night

tnk u so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it, gud nyt!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:19am On Nov 22, 2013
Nkpume Iko: I actually lost interest when you referred us to your blog uncerimoniously. You musn't treat your readers that way.

D9ty7: I neva knew great writer like you still exist on NL but now u av cleared my doubt. Kip em coming, u ar doing perfectly gr8

wow guys, I'm sorry I just read your stories and I'm so loving it...I'm still new to NL and as such I know few writers...tnk u so much 4 reading my story and encouraging me... Bt I need ur help on how to schedule my updates...i've noticed dt most writers split a chapter into portions which dey post on different days, should I do dt?
Or can I update very long chapters lyk chap5 for instance twice a week
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
Following like a boss grin
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
stefikal: Bt I need ur help on how to schedule my updates...i've noticed dt most writers split a chapter into portions which dey post on different days, should I do dt?
Or can I update very long chapters lyk chap5 for instance twice a week
U update wen u ar less busy. As for me i update wen i'm less busy but sumtimes to satify ur readers u av to find time to update.
Bt to make it easier always post 2 updates in d morning/evenin.
Just a piece of my mind tho!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
miss.terious:
Following like a boss grin

tnks dear
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
D9ty7:
U update wen u ar less busy. As for me i update wen i'm less busy but sumtimes to satify ur readers u av to find time to update.
Bt to make it easier always post 2 updates in d morning/evenin.
Just a piece of my mind tho!

everyday?..plzz oooo, my apologies bt dt might not be easy on my path.
What abt 2 lengthy chaps every week(twice a week).
Or I split the chapters into portions and post on alternate days(more lyk 4 times a week)
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
stefikal:
Or I split the chapters into portions and post on alternate days(more lyk 4 times a week)

That will be beta but i bet wen u see d success of this story in d nxt few weeks u'll want to update everyday.
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
D9ty7:
That will be beta but i bet wen u see d success of this story in d nxt few weeks u'll want to update everyday.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
I'm sticking to my promise of updating on alternate days, since my last update was on thursday, the new update comes up soon...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
-6-

"Good morning Sir," Halima greeted the man standing in front of her desk, she knew he was the marketing manager but he had a very funny name which she never bothered to learn.

"Is Mr Oladele back?"
"Yes sir, I already informed him about your wanting to see him, he's expecting you sir."
"Good, I'll just go in then."

The door to Femi's office opened and Femi looked up to see Mr Dar. although he did not know his full name, he knew the name started with Dar and ended with a tongue twisting word. Back when he hung with the guys they had given Dar the nickname of Dada, which was ironic since Dar sported a lowcut and not dreadlocks.

Femi stood and extended his hands for a shake.

"Femo, how far now? We no dey see you again ooooo."
"My brother, so many things taking up my time ooo, but I'm good." both men took their seats while Femi continued, "Na your department wan put my head for hanger, I offend una?"

"I'm sorry about that, I ought to be out now as I have a meeting in the next forty-five minutes but I had to come apologise personally."

"So what exactly happened?" Femi asked.
"The thing is we hired a new secretary, she just made a mess ooo, not just the reports alone but some other things as well, she is on disciplinary action now anyways." Dar spoke while stealing numerous glances at his wristwatch.

Femi must have noticed because his response got Dar laughing with embarrassment.
"Are you to trying to show off your watch or something?" Femi smirked.

Dar laughed and stood, "No mind me jaweee, I'm going to run late if the traffic is terrible, thats the cause of my worry." he shook Femi's hands, "apparently the report was sent to Miss Sandra's office, your female friend." he concluded with a mischievious glint in his eyes.

Femi laughed and shook his head, "She's taken oooo, I'm signing out on her jaweee."

"Eyah, its a pity the beautiful ones are all taken." Dar concluded while moving towards the door, "I'll see you later."

"No wahala, I hope the traffic doesn't do you strong thing."
Dar nodded his head and shrugged slightly, his body language spoke 'I hope so too'.

Femi continued what he was doing before Dar had come to see him, he contemplated on calling Sandra for the report, he did not want to increase their closeness and he honestly did not want to damage their friendship, she had been a good friend.

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Few minutes later, Sandra called to inform him that she had found the report, she had promised to send it over but Femi had agreed to come pick it up himself.

When he ended the call, he wondered why he had made that decision, was that the best way to create some distance between them? It certainly was not.

----------------

Fola was devastated, he had been trying to reach Omo since yesterday but she wasn't picking his calls and afterwards her phone had been switched off.

He wished he were in Benin, at least he would know what was going wrong, he had been trying to guess all day but he just could not place his hands on it.

Were her parents the problem, was it something that had to do with Victor? Was she cheating on him? His sub-conscious had quickly reminded him that he was cheating on her as well, but he had justified himself that he was doing it for the betterment of their lives.

His sub-conscious had refused to keep mute and had pointed out that she probably did it for the same reason, at that point he had refused to think about any reason anymore, he would save himself the unnecessary headache and guilt.

All he wanted was for Omo to pick up and explain to him whatever the problem was, he made up his mind, he had to leave for Benin that week.

Sandra had promised to get the complete money later, but he would manage whatever she could offer and leave her for good, he longed to be with Omo and Victor and he would just see to that.

He stood from the bed he had been lying in the whole day, wore a shirt and left his apartment for Sandra's office, somebody was going to get a surprise visit.

*To Be Continued*

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:40am On Nov 25, 2013
*continued*

"Christy, Mr Oladele should come to see me anytime soon, when he arrives just let him in" Sandra informed her secretary over the phone.

"Yes Ma, but what if you have a visitor."
"visitor, hmmmm just let him in, he simply wants to pick a document..." she sighed, "there's no point delaying him."
"Ok Ma"

----------------

Fola took the elevator and walked towards Sandra's office, he greeted her secretary who allowed him in, since Fola frequented the office, Christy hardly bothered to inform Sandra when he arrived.

"Hey babe"
Sandra looked up from the documents she was working on, it was quite early, what was Fola doing in her office this early.

"Missing me already," she said, almost a question.

"You don't know how much." He walked up to her and swooped her in his arms before she could protest, he knew he had to put up his game in order to accomplish his mission.

He kissed her lips, face, neck, eyes and every part of her body he could access.

Sandra moaned softly, the last person she had expected to see was Fola but she was enjoying the sweet torment his mouth was doing to her body.

She suddenly remembered she was expecting Femi, she had informed her secretary to let him in whenever he arrived. Inasmuch as she didn't mind making out with Fola in her office, she wouldn't appreciate any intrusion especially from Femi.

"Honey, I have to make a call, it would be quick." she said huskily and walked to get her phone.

Fola felt insulted, why would she want to make a call now, he came for business and he wasn't going to let anything get in his way.

"It can wait," He held her hands and tried to pull her back to him.
"Please, I'll be quick."

Fola with the speed of light pushed her to her seat and started tickling her, he knew her archilles heel.

Sandra was begging him almost immediately while gasping for breath, he had then united their lips, that call would have to wait whether she liked it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2013
-----------------

Femi walked to the marketing department, he wondered why he had decided to pick the report himself.

For goodness sake, he was supposed to work on deleting his crush on Sandra and here he was going to her office to get a mere report which could have been sent through her secretary.

He couldn't decipher if his action was a stupid or manly one, If she couldn't be his girl, it didn't stop them from being friends right? He tried to convince himself.

"Good day Sir, you can go in she's expecting you." the secretary who was typing informed him.

Femi gave a slight knock and opened the door to Sandra's office, what he saw was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

-------------------

Sandra quickly buttoned up her blouse, she was embarrased beyond words, couldn't Femi had waited a little bit? She could have just prevented this by making that call.

Fola who was adjusting his shirt gave Femi a look that shot daggers, why had the guy interrupted? couldn't Sandra's secretary had called to inform Sandra of a visitor?

-------------------

Femi looked at the couple and just couldn't find his mouth producing anywords to them, he knew he ought to say something but he just couln't find the words.

If there was any thing he had realised, it was the fact that Sandra could never be his, he didn't like the look Sandra's boyfriend was giving him.

He had to say something and just leave before the guy probably did or said something harsh, "I'm sorry for interrupting, I'll come back later," he immediately turned and left Sandra's office.

He walked back to his office with a feeling of dejection, would he ever find love? His last experience of love had been bitter and painful, and Sandra had shattered the little confidence he had gathered to give love another chance.

He wondered if life would have been better for him had he ended up being celibate.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by gal10(f): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
thumbs up! i like the intrigues smiley

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
gal10: thumbs up! i like the intrigues smiley

tnks...*genuflects*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.