Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147609 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Double posts.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

genuflects... tnks Sir
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
soul minister:

if I didn't, I won't study it in university as a course.

little wonder
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I studied Accounting but I'm a lousy accountant.
The Brand Of Cain will enchant you.
Thanks.
Okay, for today, I swallowed your diary.
It was educative and captivating to say the least.

Next stop is The Brand Of Cain, but that will be tomorrow.

#Respect.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:40am On Nov 29, 2013
-8-

Princess walked into her room without greeting Chuks, she locked her door and lay on her bed. He had just put her through more stress, if this was how her first day in Lagos turned out, she dreaded what the remaining days of her holiday would be like.

Chuks smiled, his intention was to knock on her door and plead for her forgiveness but he knew she would get over it by tomorrow. He had been worried about his phone but seeing it with her when she came back had eliminated the worry.

He had not been surprised when he saw the way she was dressed, it would have been a greater surprise for him had she been wearing feminine clothes, he unbuttoned his shirt and took it off.

He could make use of a cold shower now, he said to himself while heading to the bathroom.

--------------------

Sandra hugged Fola, they had gone out for dinner. She had suggested they have dinner at her place but Fola had refused to oblige her request.

She was going to miss him, what she did not quite understand was why Fola acted emotionally cold towards her, she consoled herself with the fact that his mother's surgery was the obvious reason.

"I'm going to miss you baby," she said while still holding him in a tight embrace.
"Me too," Fola replied while stroking her hair, he had a rough day packing his stuff and he wanted to rest well before his journey tomorrow.

They stepped out of the restaurant holding hands, when they got to the bus-stop, they were fortunate to find a taxi parked by the corner.

They boarded the taxi with Sandra alighting at her place first, Fola had then given her a lingering kiss, one which Sandra had interpreted as 'I'll miss you kiss' whereas Fola had spelt it out as 'a goodbye kiss'.

-------------------

"Hey sweety, did you miss me?"
The first statement she had heard kept replaying in her head, the number was a private one but that was not her problem at the moment.

When the caller had said that to her, she had asked who the caller was, but the caller had simply said, "Dami, just know that I love you and will always love you."

She knew that voice, she had heard it before but what scared her was the fact that she thought that voice would only exist in her past but it appeared history was about to repeat itself.

She shook with fear as she recalled what this voice had put her through in the past, her problem was not the fact that the person still claimed to love her.

Her problem was the fact that the caller was a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2013
I'm sorry this is quite short but I just had to drop something...hope u guys understand hun...
@D9ty7: ur word don dey cum true ooo, I just found myself updating three days in a row rather the alternate day ish smiley
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
stefikal: ...
@D9ty7: ur word don dey cum true ooo, I just found myself updating three days in a row rather the alternate day ish smiley
Does that make me a prophet? Lol..... I told you, you will feel like updating every minute when you get more followers who comments evri nw and then.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
D9ty7:
Does that make me a prophet? Lol..... I told you, you will feel like updating every minute when you get more followers who comments evri nw and then.

lolzzz...prophet D9ty7...lol...bt dz readers sef get power ooooo...i go shall dey update...d views don increase by nearly 300 today n yet na only you comment...
maybe dem dey save deir comments 4 later...#shrugs#...who knows?
Re: Meant To Be by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Following........
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Temitope Daniel: Following........

welkm Sir
Re: Meant To Be by peezle: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Stephy I salute u o. Nice write up. Keep it coming dear
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
peezle: Stephy I salute u o. Nice write up. Keep it coming dear

tnks dear...i throway salute back
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:39am On Nov 30, 2013
Hmm.. Nice one.. #followed...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:20am On Nov 30, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Hmm.. Nice one.. #followed...

tnks Sir
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 5:44am On Nov 30, 2013
Lemme join this ship jare....following
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2013
kingphilip: Lemme join this ship jare....following

lolzzz...finally he drops a comment, I've caught you viewing dz thread several times...I'm glad you decided to join d train...tnks
cheesy
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 8:29am On Nov 30, 2013
stefikal:

lolzzz...finally he drops a comment, I've caught you viewing dz thread several times...I'm glad you decided to join d train...tnks
cheesy
i was trying to catch up because i jst started it dats y i dint comment but sure u av my back in dis one
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2013
kingphilip:
i was trying to catch up because i jst started it dats y i dint comment but sure u av my back in dis one

its no prob...u're welkm
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2013
stefikal:

its no prob...u're welkm
k so wen r we expecting the nxt update
Re: Meant To Be by hardey4j: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Prof Steph, I hail o!!! You really impressed me. Wetin you con dey do for pharmacy? Keep it up ma!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
kingphilip:
k so wen r we expecting the nxt update

Today has bin busy for me, but I'll definitely update 2day
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
hardey4j: Prof Steph, I hail o!!! You really impressed me. Wetin you con dey do for pharmacy? Keep it up ma!

Debola ooooo! Na u be d senior Prof now...*bows* tnks smiley
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
stefikal:

Today has bin busy for me, but I'll definitely update 2day
k i de wait u sha
Re: Meant To Be by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmm..... Gr8

following...............
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ormorlehwah: Hmm..... Gr8

following...............

tnks dear...sori 4 d late reply
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
*sighs*

i yaf miss evrybody here ooooo...my ban jst got lifted...
Lyk my 1st ban ever...cuming 36 days after I registered my NL acct (dts wat u get wen u play naughty)...

Kingphillip...I'm sorry I promised 2 update on sat bt it wz only afta typing, I discovered I had been banned....

*Update in a bit
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
stefikal: *sighs*

i yaf miss evrybody here ooooo...my ban jst got lifted...
Lyk my 1st ban ever...cuming 36 days after I registered my NL acct (dts wat u get wen u play naughty)...

Kingphillip...I'm sorry I promised 2 update on sat bt it wz only afta typing, I discovered I had been banned....

*Update in a bit
wetin u do?
More updates pls. Welldone
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
LogoDWhiz: wetin u do?
More updates pls. Welldone

d naughty part of me misbehaved jaweee... Update is a done deal...7pm
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
stefikal:

d naughty part of me misbehaved jaweee... Update is a done deal...7pm
okay o. Can't wait..
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
*continued*

“Maami, I’m fine o,”
“So you eventually chased Gbenga out abii?” Femi’s mother queried him on the phone.

“Haba maami, he got a better job and as such he had to relocate,” he defended, “so maami, you mean to tell me you left Daddy alone at home so you could pamper Titi in Ilorin, I thought you were suppose to leave on friday, why wednesday?”

“Is somebody jealous?” Maami laughed, “and besides your father isn’t alone, Dare is with him.”
Femi overheard Titi singing and laughing in the background, “

"Maami, is she mocking me?” he asked.
“Mock ke? She is simply singing,” maami laughed and joined Titi in singing. That was when Femi heard the wordings of the song properly, they were singing ‘some people jealous me, some people jealous me, some people jealous me because I am pampered…’

Femi simply laughed and shook his head, “Jealous indeed, maami put the phone on speaker, let me face Titi.”

“The phone has been on speaker all the while.”
“Ehen,” Femi nodded, “so she has been into the conversation all the while, Titi I’ll forgive you because I don’t do fighting.

“If I hear, na you fight pass sef,” Titi finally spoke while maami’s laughter increased its tempo. They spoke for about three more minutes discussing various family issues.

After Femi ended the call, he changed into a brown t-shirt and black jeans trousers. There was a football match between real madrid and Barcelona that night, he despised Barcelona and although he was not a fan of Real madrid, he hoped Barcelona would lose the game.

Watching the match alone in his sitting room was not an option and that was what had prompted his decision to dress. He was going to watch the match in a viewing centre across the street.

The time was currently ten minutes past seven, thirty five more minutes and the match would begin. He realised he had to hurry if he was to get a good seat.

He came out of his flat and saw his neighbour, he had spoken to the guy in the past on few occasions. He could not recall his name though he was sure it was an igbo name.

“Chairman,” he greeted with his hands raised to his head in the form of a salutation.
“Bros , long time.” Chuks replied.
“Abi ooo”

“Did you travel? For a while I only saw your brother although I haven’t seen him in a while”
“Gbenga moved out and I’ve been around, just been busy with work and stuff…” Femi sighed, “sorry, remind me your name again.”

“Chuks, its no problem but I remember yours, Femi right?” Chuks replied with a tone of confidence.

Femi laughed feeling embarrassed, “Yes,” he replied.
Chuks was wearing a Real madrid jersey, he was obviously going to see the game. Femi could not help but admire Chuks, the guy was an adonis to all respect from his good looking face to his muscular and well built body.

Femi was sure the guy had a ripped body and six pack abs which was hidden by the jersery he wore. Femi had never taken activities at the gym seriously, he knew he was not a handsome bloke like Chuks, all that mattered was that he had cash with which he survived.

Guys like Chuks had girls drooling over them, guys like him on the other hand simply had to equip their pockets and train their tongues to do the talking.

“Up Barca,” he teased Chuks who had been tieing his shoe lace.
Chuks wore a grimace, “If I hear, up Gallacticos, better don’t raise your hopes ooo, we go finish una today.” Chuks concluded.

Femi quickly raised his hands in mock surrender, “Please oh, na Madrid I dey support.”
Chuks had then smiled, “God save you. Where are you going to watch the match sef?” he questioned.

“That place across the street, the building beside that secondary school.”
“That’s where I’m headed as well,” Chuks replied.

“Lets go together now, I’m sure that place will be crowded already.” Femi suggested.
“Barcelona is going down.” Chuks had concluded while demonstrating with his hands.

——————

Dami walked back into her hostel, she could not tell if her being tired was due to school stress or if it had to do with that terrifying phone call.

She had just gone to meet Ore outside her hostel, the boy had a good rapport with the lab attendants. He had claimed to be discussing with Miss Funke one of the lab attendants, Funke had disclosed to him that the lecturers had given them the same substance howbeit it had been contaminated with different impurities.

Dami had heaved a sigh of relief at that point, little wonder different groups arrived at different answers.

She opened her door to find two of her roommates asleep, Chinaza was not in the room, the girl had probably gone out for chicken and chips or sharwama runs. Chinaza was the crazy one among them.

She picked up her phone and decided to check facebook. She had a friend request, on a normal day she would just accept it. But she had to be cautious, she clicked on the name to view the profile.

That was when she realised she was in deep trouble.

Oh ye Barcelona fans, my apologies smileygringrinsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Apology accepted
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
@Stef, so you knew about the round leather game?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.