Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147560 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
D9ty7: @Stef, so you knew about the round leather game?

Me self shock o.. Its hard to find girls that know much about the game. #100yardswifematerial
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Apology accepted

smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
D9ty7: @Stef, so you knew about the round leather game?

let me see!

#thinking....do I
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
LogoDWhiz:

Me self shock o.. Its hard to find girls that know much about the game. #100yardswifematerial

#LipsSealed lipsrsealed
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
*peeps into thread*

why dis place cum dry now I want make my next update enta page 5 oooooooo
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Update
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
Update
grin
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
My very own miss terious...i see page 5 cumin n trust me I'm gonna update....

BTW I hope wat I'm doing isn't on d list of things u hatecheesygringrin
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oya naa
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal: -4-

Femi punched the calculator angrily, there had to be a mistake somewhere. He checked the files for the fifth time that day but this time he took his time, it was then he realised that the sales report belonging to one of the marketers was missing. How could he have missed that, he wondered.

He picked up his office phone and dialed (dialled) his secretary's number.

“Halima, the sales reports you sent over are incomplete[b], [/b] (put full stop here) Do you still have any on your desk?”. (The full stop here is unnecessary)

“No sir,” Halima replied, her english was polished but for her Hausa diction which was prominent (but for the noticeable thickness of her Hausa accent) . “That was all I received from the marketing department, sir.”

“If that’s the case, make a call to the marketing manager, they have to sort these (this) mess out.”

“Yes sir.”

He ended the call and was about to tidy his desk when his phone rang. It was Halima[b],[/b] (full stop) Had she found the missing report on her desk? Why could (would) she be calling almost immediately?

“Yes Halima?
“Sir, I want[b]ed[/b] to know if you want to have lunch in your office or if you’d rather head out for lunch break.”

Femi took a glance at the wall clock in his office, fifteen more minutes and it would be lunch break.

“I will be going out for lunch, thanks Halima.”

“Okay sir.

Femi tidied up his desk , the marketing department had better find it, he didn’t want the management placing a query on him. He wondered who he knew in Marketing, Sandra was in the marketing department[b],[/b] (full stop) as he thought of Sandra, he couldn’t help but smile. He liked the girl, maybe he would ask her out to lunch and ask her out () on subsequent dates.

Being a bachelor wasn’t fascinating anymore. What if Sandra was the one for him? His elder brother, Tope, was married with kids, Titi was married too, even Kayode who was just[b] 23 [/b] (spell out the numbers) had brought his fiance home. His cousins, Nifemi and Dare, aged 29 and 22 respectively, were married[b],[/b] (full stop) the only single people in (members of) the family were Gbenga, Damilola the last child of his parents, and himself.

There was every possibility that Dami had a boyfriend, she was a beautiful girl and already 19 for crying out loud, he wanted out of bachelorhood. He did not want to be in the same classification with Gbenga, the guy’s life was totally reckless.

He picked his phone and tried to call Sandra, the computerised voice informed him that the number dialed was busy, he would spare a few minutes before calling again.

——————

Sandra gulped the water from her glass cup, she was tired and needed a break. She took out her make-up kit from her bag and did some light magic on her face, she was in a good mood, who wouldn’t be?

She had just spoken to the love of her life and he was coming to take her out for lunch.

She had been dating Fola for the past one year and she was anticipating the day he would pop the question, she took out her purse and was smoothening her dress when her phone rang.

She smiled when she saw the caller, she had enjoyed their conversation yesterday, even though her instincts told her the guy wanted to be more than friends. She loved Fola, and (but) Femi was always going to be in the friend zone, she hoped her instincts were wrong, she did not want to lead the guy on for nothing.

She answered the call, “Hello, please who I’m I speaking with? (with whom am I speaking?)

There was a pause, Sandra gave a broad grin, she was going to taunt him today, he had teased her yesterday while enjoying himself, the tables had turned.

Femi stared at his phone in his hand[b]s[/b] while the timer kept counting. Did she delete his contact? He spoke to her only yesterday, why would she delete his contact? He grinned as understanding dawned on him, if she was pulling a prank, he would play along and beat her to it.

“Hello,” he replied, “Please, I want to speak with Mr. Fine Girls Too Dey Form.”

Sandra nearly burst into laughter but put her self in check, ‘FineGirlsTooDeyForm’, she shook her head. Femi had caught her prank and was playing along.
“I’m sorry but I believe you dialed the wrong number.”

“Well I’m sorry to burst your bubbles but this is the correct number.”

“And what makes you so sure about that?”

“I’m sure because the mister in question gave me this number and told me a beauty with an angelic voice would answer my call.”

“Really?” she asked, feigning innocence.

“Yes, and the voice I hear now is even more lovely (lovelier) than I anticipated.”

Sandra giggled and was about to reply him when her other phone rang, Fola was calling, which meant he was in the premises.

“Uhm, Femi oooo, you won’t kill me with your sweet tongue, I’m sorry but I have to go now.”

“Sandra, please hold on. I was wondering if you could have lunch with me” He spoke rather quickly.

Sandra heaved a sigh, she had confirmed her doubts, Femi wanted to be more than friends and that couldn’t be possible.

“Hello, are you still there?” Femi asked, he was confused as to why she was delaying her response.

“Yes I am and I’m sorry but I’ll pass, something important came up.”

“Hmmmm, ok then. But maybe next time.”
“Yeah, maybe[b].[/b]” she replied, ensuring that she stressed the maybe.

*To be continued*
Rough review.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oyaaaaa I'll update...miss terious n Ella luv...tnks...
D thread wz jst to dry n u knw...such tinz aren't healthy 4 a writer...tnks dearies smiley smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

tnks Sir...
A few questions tho...
1. Is it Ok/Okay?
2. D part abt 'asking her out'...i didn't rily get d correction...it appears dt was a big grammatical blunder on my part...

Tnks again
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal:

tnks Sir...
A few questions tho...
1. Is it Ok/Okay?
2. D part abt 'asking her out'...i didn't rily get d correction...it appears dt was a big grammatical blunder on my part...

Tnks again
1. Okay.'Ok' is an abbreviation.

2. That part shows repetition of ideas. You should rewrite it.

You're welcome. Good job.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
This chapter is dedicated to my younger brother who really took his time in tutoring me on football...even though the thing nearly gave me headache (especially those funny names)...tnks Bro, luv you kisskisskiss.

-9-

Femi sat in his office chair reminiscing over the football match played yesterday.

The match had begun with Barcelona dominating about 70% of the ball possession in the first twenty minutes through their usual style of tiki-tika but each time they had tried to get into their opponent’s box, they had faced strong restriction from Madrid defender Sergio Ramos.

In the fortieth minute, Messi had caught a loose ball and raced into the opponents box after he had successfully dribbled Sergio, he had scored a goal giving Barca the upper hand.

Minutes later, Bale hit the woodwork, the match had ended in the first half with the scores reading 1-0.

During the second half, Madrid had made three changes, Isco had come in for Di maria, Morata came in for Benzema and Pepe had replaced Sergio Ramos.

The game had continued with both sides hitting the woodwork twice but Ronaldo had broken the dead luck after receiving a through pass from Isco, he had then dribbled the keeper and scored a goal.

Ten seconds to the end of the match, Ronaldo gave a right-footed strike which had hit the woodwork. The referee had then blown the final whistle signaling the end of the match which had ended in a draw.

He and Chuks had then left for their apartment when few guys at the viewing centre had ended up fighting over a bet they had.
He took out his phone and logged into facebook chat, he scrolled down to see if he could find a familiar name. He saw a name that caught his attention.

He chose to ignore it and kept on scrolling, there was nobody to chat with, he was about to close the app when his phone beeped.

—————–

Omoye stood and stared at her one-room apartment, her brain cells had not been able to profer a solution to her predicament.

The only offer that had been screaming in her head were two words, ‘Move out’.

———————-

Mrs Nkem Onyekwere packed her bags, she had woken up unusually late. Had she woken earlier, her husband Francis could have given her a ride to work.

She came out of her room, on getting to the hallway she saw Chuks coming out of the bathroom.

“Mum, good morning,” he greeted.
“Morning dear, how are you? And how was your interview yesterday,” she paused and continued almost immediately, “what time did your father leave?”

“Mummy, how many questions,” he laughed, “and later you’ll claim daddy talks too much.”
“Don’t mind me, I’m in a hurry and your father talks more than I do, you can testify to that.” She replied.

“Well I’m fine, interview was okay, I hope something good comes out of it, and daddy left say ermm, one hour thirty minutes ago. He said you complained of a slight headache yesterday and as such he didn’t want to disturb your sleep.”

Nkem flushed, “that’s sweet of him, and don’t worry about a job, God has big plans for my baby, did your father get to eat? She asked with a concerned look.

“Yes, Princess made breakfast.”
“Where is she?”
“In the sitting room.”
“Ok, take care. I’ll see you when I get back.” She got to the sitting room and saw a food flask placed on the dinning table.

“My baby, does this happen to be mine?”
Princess stood and ran to her mum while giving her a hug, she had missed her. When her mother got back yesterday she had been asleep and her mum had woken late this morning so they had not seen each other.

“Mummy, good morning.” she smiled.
“How are you?” Nkem pulled out of the embrace and gave her daughter a thorough look, “you’ve grown bigger, hmmm look at your curves.”

Princess gave her mum a ‘don’t start’ look. Nkem however continued, “why don’t you switch back to wearing dresses?” she touched Princess bossoms playfully, “ifu la? Ibu kwa nwanyi oooo (you see? You’re a woman oooo), why are you hiding all these?”

Princess sighed, she did not want the discussion to proceed any further. She took the flask and passed it to her mum, “here, if you keep talking, you are going to run late.”

“Like I’m not already late, uhn?” Nkem collected the flask and kept it in one of the bags she held. “Take care of the house, and thanks for making breakfast.”

With that she left, Princess went back to the settee to continue the movie she had been watching, it was getting boring already.

“Won’t you give me my phone?” she turned to see Chuks approaching her bare-chested.

*to be continued*

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:

1. Okay.'Ok' is an abbreviation.

2. That part shows repetition of ideas. You should rewrite it.

You're welcome. Good job.

tnks Sir...I'll edit it when I charge my ba3, had to conserve d ba3 jst 2 update
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
@miss terious n Ella: i don update oooo evn tho e no reach page 5

@kinxen: i see u viewing smiley
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal:

tnks Sir...I'll edit it when I charge my ba3, had to conserve d ba3 jst 2 update
Okay. Bless you ma'am.
Re: Meant To Be by LarrySun(m): 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal: “Hello, are you still there?” Femi asked, he was confused as to (about) why she was delaying her response.

“Yes I am and I’m sorry but I’ll pass, something important came up.”

“Hmmm, ok then. But maybe next time.”
“Yeah, maybe,” she replied and made sure she stressed the maybe.

Fola was the man for her, the last thing she needed was complications. She packed up her stuffs into her bag and took the elevator downstairs.

----------------

Femi walked towards his window, maybe he should have just told Halima to order lunch. There was no point stressing the poor girl, he looked outside the window, the streets were busy as usual, from his window he could see the company’s parking lot.

He saw Sandra coming out of the company whilst heading towards the cars parked, he comforted himself with the fact that she probably had an important appointment.

------------------

Sandra got to the park and saw Fola standing by the car, she walked up to him , gave him a tight hug before kissing him softly on the lips.

She entered the car and he drove off, Sandra was totally oblivious[b] to [/b] (of. Or rather 'totally unaware of...) the eyes that had watched their public display of affection.

A pair of the eyes (The pair of eyes was already shedding tears after...) was crying already after watching the entire drama while the other pair that had watched from a window was downcast.
Rough review.
Re: Meant To Be by kinxen(f): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal: @kinxen: i see u viewing smiley

Busted! *comes out of hiding place with a shy smile* hi Stef
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
kinxen:

Busted! *comes out of hiding place with a shy smile* hi Stef

hey dear

@snowangel4: u've been busted as well
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Rough review.

edited...graciassmiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
@sexysapphire n Costlybabe.... #greetings
Re: Meant To Be by SexySapphire(f): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
stefikal: @sexysapphire n Costlybabe.... #greetings

I've bin caught by Stef ooo. U've got a great story goin on and am also happy to check for new updates. More wisdom to u.

Pls I av a question, is Chucks dat happens to be Femi's neighbor the same Chucks dat is Princess' bro?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sexy Sapphire:

I've bin caught by Stef ooo. U've got a great story goin on and am also happy to check for new updates. More wisdom to u.

Pls I av a question, is Chucks dat happens to be Femi's neighbor the same Chucks dat is Princess' bro?

gringringrin...glad I got u 2 comment... Tnks 4 following my story...

@ur question: its d same Chuks
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hey pals...
I got a confession...@ d last update: i dnt hv d tiniest idea abt football ooooo..lolzzz

I was able 2 draft dt part with d assistance of my younger bro
Re: Meant To Be by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:32am On Dec 05, 2013
Hmm.. I'm anticipating how this two families will get to meet.
stefikal: Hey pals...
I got a confession...@ d last update: i dnt hv d tiniest idea abt football ooooo..lolzzz

I was able 2 draft dt part with d assistance of my younger bro
Lol. You're forgiven... You could learn it tho.. I can tell you this one thing, that you will have more passion for football once you get to know more about it .
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Hmm.. I'm anticipating how this two families will get to meet.

Lol. You're forgiven... You could learn it tho.. I can tell you this one thing, that you will have more passion for football once you get to know more about it .

which families are u referring 2?grin

abeg just close dt football chap, hopefully e no go show 4 subsequent chaps
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2013
stefikal:

which families are u referring 2?grin

abeg just close dt football chap, hopefully e no go show 4 subsequent chaps
hey dat football part was kul i'm expecting to see more of it o so beta go begin watch matches o
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2013
kingphilip:
hey dat football part was kul i'm expecting to see more of it o so beta go begin watch matches o

hahahahaha... C gbege

#shrugs... Lets watch n see den, na my bro go do d work...as 4 me...no way..*shakes head*
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 8:09am On Dec 05, 2013
stefikal:

hahahahaha... C gbege

#shrugs... Lets watch n see den, na my bro go do d work...as 4 me...no way..*shakes head*
jst follow him to watch some matches n i promise u'll enjoy it wella jst watch n c
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2013
kingphilip:
jst follow him to watch some matches n i promise u'll enjoy it wella jst watch n c

#No comment

@christabeli n cheriepet: here, i dey grt oooo
Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Haba Stef u want make i unghostsmiley ok no wahala. u re doing great n with Larry's help i believe u wont disappoint.

following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.