Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget (64657 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of The Sky (Taken In Nigeria) / Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Subom1(f): 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
These 30 powerful photos are famous and poignant, they will forever be cemented in history. The images that were captured are so intense, they are impossible to be forgotten. They said a picture is worth a thousand words… but it’s impossible to say just how many words these are worth. Prepare to be left speechless...

1. Some parents, likely now in their 70′s, still looking for their missing child.

2.An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers

3. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head .

4. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943

5. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009

6. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012

7.The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888

8.A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011

9. Protestors place flowers into the rifle barrels of armed officers

10.An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small
Russian town as a monument

11. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940

12.A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.

13. Hhaing The Yu, 29, holds his face in his hand as rain falls on the decimated remains of his home near Myanmar’s capital of Yangon (Rangoon). In May 2008, cyclone Nargis struck southern Myanmar, leaving millions homeless and claiming more than 100,000 lives

14. Five-year-old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006 in the gypsy community of St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France. It is quite common in St. Jacques for little boys to smoke

15. Sunset on Mars

16. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory

17.Alcoholic father with his son

18.Man Falling from the World Trade Center on 9/11. “The Falling Man.”

19.Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000

20. Indian homeless men wait to receive free food distributed outside a mosque ahead of Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India

21. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months

22. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009

23.Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt

24. Young man just found out his brother was killed

25.A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994

26.Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral.

27. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)

28. Heart surgeon after 23-hour-long (successful) heart transplant. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.

29.Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber

30. A starving child and missionary

Source:http://www.viralnova.com/30-awesome-photos/

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Infomizer(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Some thought-provoking pictures mhen! I was hoping to find Rocco Morabito's Pulitzer winning Kiss of Life here tho'

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by rhazhaqh: 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wonderful picx.....some touching
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Infomizer(m): 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
And this one too "Saigon Execution"by Eddie Adams..

3 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Infomizer(m): 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".

28 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
cry cry cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by badoooo(m): 12:25am On Nov 08, 2013
Number 12 really touched me

6 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Kslib(m): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
My top three!!

1.. Russain soldier preparing for battle:
For some strange reason, that picture actually got to me deeply. Maybe i died in a battle as a soldier in my past life. I just connected with the picture very very very very deeply and what was going through the soldier's mind at that moment, how he felt and how he saw things in general--- ok i'll stop here! Weird right? embarassed. There is just something about that pic i cant explain!

2.. Dog at owners grave:
Everything about the pic got me emotional. It's just amazing. The look on the dog's face made a few tear drops fall to my cheeks. Thank God i wasnt in public sef before people go begin ask "wetin happen na. Bros, person die"

3. Man feeding koala:
I just cant explain it but I actually saw a human giving a fellow human water to drink!

18 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Youngsage: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
lipsrsealed Awwwwwwww *crying*
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by dasparrow: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
@Post

Pictures 12, 19, 22, 26 and 30 touched me the most.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
These are some memorable, inspiring, motivational, heart-felt & as d OP will say powerful pics we would like 2 see not
"Omotola & Tonto who wore it better"

9 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Dannylux: 2:18am On Nov 10, 2013
Everyone would get emotional while viewing these. cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 10, 2013
The father and son 'before and after' got me cry

#TeamGOM

10 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 10, 2013
cry cry they are all so sad. This got me thinking cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Gboliwe: 3:07am On Nov 10, 2013
That dog at the grave of its owner got me.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2013
*sobs*
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
Hahahaha.... the condom part... look at d face of d man in an helmet.... very funny!

3 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
WOW!!! Those images are out of this world.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by gal10(f): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
All of these pictures indeed tell a story of some deep memories! I love d one of d soldier before going to war, d dog at the grave and the father and son after many years

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
The father and son after 60 years. Wow. 'the child is the father of the man really.

The vulture-boy picture made me have sleepless nights when I first saw it.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sayin I didn't cry is a very big lie....Gosh its so sad,dat man crying under d rain cos of his ouse,d disasters ...oh my God y do dis things happen? Its so sad ......am so happy 4 d woman who served in iraq and came back home safe 2 her daughter duh!

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
That number 16,18 and 26 are so touching!!!am I the only one seeing it?
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rukemi291:

The vulture-boy picture made me have sleepless nights when I first saw it.
dats d saddest pic i've eva seen..gosh!
the photographer went on to commit suicide accordin 2 d site where pic was taken(www. Wtffacts.com)

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
mayten30: That number 16 and 18 are so touching!!!am I the only one seeing it?
quite tru

Dat no 3 looks kind of RISKILY STUPID
if he had gotten carried away by d flood, he would have been blamed 4 his death!
But kudus to him he made it... D cats owe dier lives 2 him grin
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
chimex38:
dats d saddest pic i've eva seen..gosh!
the photographer went on to commit suicide accordin 2 d site where pic was taken(www. Wtffacts.com)

So I heard. The photographer had the opportunity to save the kid and be a true hero. The worst part is nobody knows what later happened to the child...but I think it's the obvious.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Rukemi291:

So I heard. The photographer had the opportunity to save the kid and be a true hero. The worst part is nobody knows what later happened to the child...but I think it's the obvious.
eya.....so sad cry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Emmyk(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
No. 30. sad

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by chimex38: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Afam4eva: WOW!!! Those images are out of this world.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by igbsam(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2013
I'm all emotional right now..........The world is just a place called "That Place"
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by skydeexie(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2013
These ones should add up to the list, 34 and 35. Japanese children found in the outskirts of Hiroshima after US forces dropped the atomic bomb.

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nitlad: 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
11. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940

This. . .

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Studio Where 'Island Fakers' Go To Pose Like They Are In A Private Jet / Your Dope & Unique Graphic Designs @Affordable prices / Amazing! See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This Woman Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.