Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

SOLVED: Phpass Login Issue With Checkpassword - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SOLVED: Phpass Login Issue With Checkpassword (1288 Views)

How To Login To Wordpress Dashboard And Cpanel Using Simpleserver Or XT181 / Enter For All Wapka Codes/get Your Wapka Site's Problems Solved / I Need A Registration And Login Facility For My Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SOLVED: Phpass Login Issue With Checkpassword by guru01(m): 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello, recently i wented to make my web application password more secure, so i went online to read more about password security. I discovered that md5 function which most developers still use for securing their password is outdated due to the more effiecient GPU machines out there that can crack md5() within seconds.
So on my research process, i stubble on an article that gives me more insight as to why md5 is old fashioned and bscript is better. I will be writing on bscript soon.

Today topic is on the major challenge developers face with phpass(a password framework that uses bscript).
After creating my hashed password, i inserted into the database column. Then i wanted to login to the web application, and can't login due to the checkPassword($loginpassword,$storedPassword) method return false.
As a matter of fact this took me the second day to figure out the cause of this issue after brain storming the internet for solution, which i couldn't find.
The problem was caused by the character length of the hashed password which is 61 rather than 60 characters.

Go further to fin out more: http://geraldjosiah..com/2013/11/solved-phpass-login-issue-with.html

(1) (Reply)

Where Do You Register Your Domain Name? / Top 50 Free Responsive Wordpress Themes / I Need A Cargo And Logistics Wordpress Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.