Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Sunnah of Love - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Sunnah of Love (8490 Views)

Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx) / The Sunnah Of Mental Focus / Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sunnah of Love by tbaba1234: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2013
An important point raised in the post above is an absence of Islamic marriage counsellers.

Many imams are untrained in the act of counselling, so even when a couple having problems approach an imam , you might get an skewed emphasis. The woman will probably be told to respect her husband without addressing the lack of love coming from the other end.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Sissie(f): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2013
The lack of marriage counseling is a big problem, many Muslims do not have a neutral third party to give them good counseling, when they have problems and it just gets worse. I do know of one marriage counselor thou and he's good.

Most of those Imam/alfas keep hammering on the duties of the wife.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by deols(f): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
ma sha Allah.

I appreciate the responses. I actually have read all of these before..It feels so good to hear them again.

He could not love them equally but was kind to them, equally.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by willyray(m): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2013
amen.

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 15, 2013
The day we muslims learn to understand the qur'an and sunnah as well as applied it in our daily lives just as the companions did. Then we can talk of marraiges full with love and happiness. Allah will not change the condition of a people till they change what is in themselves
Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
babylolaroy: Ama woman o buh lemme rush and defend the men
Sometimes a married man means well and wud love to love his wife forever. Buh it comes like when 'bukata' enters and dey start making kids who need money for this and that, the man gets frustrated and feels like the whole responsibilty is heavily upon him. What men of nowadays dont know is that they are richer than most of the sahabas of the prophet and even MUHAMMAD s.a.w himself. was there not a sahaba who had nothing as dowry for his wife except some verses of the quran?
were there not days when the prophet tied stones around his tummy to make him feel weighty against the pangs of hunger?
so many instances. if our men now can manage any condition. Give it when yu av it and be polite to ur wife when you dont. That way she will also learn to trust and pray for you and accept whteva yu give ha

Now to we ladies..We let men think all we want is money. They think a woman can marry a sill.y man if hez rich..lets rewrite that story because it shouldnt be.
lets be like our mother Aisha who was the poor prophet's wife
lets think of our mother Fatimah who was his daughter. they all went hungry togeda. Even i think av read somewhere that there was when fatimah had just one cloth..subhanallah! And she happily stayed with ha husband Alli without complains.

So Akhis wa ukhtis, if we learn to accept all situations together and making the best of our marriages, we will love our partners more. i believe it is money issue that causes bitterness which then remove the love in marriage

play a game together. the prophet did horse riding togeda. if however yu r one rich family den do this togeda. for instance if yu av swimming pool in ur house, swim togeda to see who reaches d edge of the pool first. etc
the bone of contention sha is that love ur wife genuinely and wives, love ur husband unconditionally

may Allah make the brothers here husbands like Muhammad and may Allah make we sisters here wives like Aisha or Khadijah
Anytime i think of a wife 2 marry, i can't but think of one d@ has proper understanding of d deen like u. I've never met u, but u'll make a very wonderful wife to any man who is blessed 2 marry u. Salam
Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
harmeenart: Wait o...But I think if he can afford it,then its not too much to ask,and he can top it wit a hajj ticket and recitation of some verses of the quran. grin
come to think of it, u sisters are claiming the men aren't as poor as d sohabas and therefore shouldn't use poverty as an excuse yet u still want private jet and hajj ticket 4 sadaq. Isn't d@ double standardly.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Sirsijo(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ameen to all the prayers... and Jumaat Kareem to ya'll. my own point of view about ths generation marriages are;
1. we try to involve too much of the "love stories" we watch in movies,
2. we believe money is love,
3. we care more about the wedding events, which lasts for not more than a week and forget the marriage which is expected to last forever,
4. we forget to follow how the prophet (SAW) lived his own life. (which i thank the OP now for reminding some of us about some of the romantic moments the Prophet SAW had with Aisha RA).

May we Love our dear family and the ummah as a whole.
and Blessings be with prophet and his family ameen.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by harmeenart(f): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
dyfatai: come to think of it, u sisters are claiming the men aren't as poor as d sohabas and therefore shouldn't use poverty as an excuse yet u still want private jet and hajj ticket 4 sadaq. Isn't d@ double standardly.

Seems u missed the sacarsm in my post.undecided
But seriously, come to think of it,if he can afford it,its not too much to ask.And please ,kindly explain what u mean by double starndard? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
harmeenart:
Seems u missed the sacarsm in my post.undecided
But seriously, come to think of it,if he can afford it,its not too much to ask.And please ,kindly explain what u mean by double starndard? I don't understand.
as to ur first point, i also posed my question in a friendly (sarcasm induced) tone.

To ur question, i guess i was 2 busy trying 2 make a point d@ i didn't bother minding d words i imported.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by harmeenart(f): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
dyfatai: as to ur first point, i also posed my question in a friendly (sarcasm induced) tone.
Haha,I missed it.

To ur question, i guess i was 2 busy trying 2 make a point d@ i didn't bother minding d words i imported.
Ok.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by baba11(m): 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sir sijo: Ameen to all the prayers... and Jumaat Kareem to ya'll. my own point of view about ths generation marriages are;
1. we try to involve too much of the "love stories" we watch in movies,
2. we believe money is love,
3. we care more about the wedding events, which lasts for not more than a week and forget the marriage which is expected to last forever,
4. we forget to follow how the prophet (SAW) lived his own life. (which i thank the OP now for reminding some of us about some of the romantic moments the Prophet SAW had with Aisha RA).

May we Love our dear family and the ummah as a whole.
and Blessings be with prophet and his family ameen.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Yankelaptops: 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
@ tbaba... I understand where you are coming from, but it still not settling with my system. I understand the equality in time spent and providing among multiple wives. But every woman wants to be the one that capture the heart of her significant other. How will I feel if I know our husband is "just" with us when it comes to (money, clothing, providing, etc) but I know am not his favorites when it comes to love and affectionate. I don't know if I can deal with that. The one that have the most love and affection will get away with a lot of things because it comes natural, the chemistry is very strong. While unknowingly if the wife that is the less fav does exactly the same thing, they'll not get the exact same treatment. Please help me out...
Re: The Sunnah of Love by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Yankelaptops: @ tbaba... I understand where you are coming from, but it still not settling with my system. I understand the equality in time spent and providing among multiple wives. But every woman wants to be the one that capture the heart of her significant other. How will I feel if I know our husband is "just" with us when it comes to (money, clothing, providing, etc) but I know am not his favorites when it comes to love and affectionate. I don't know if I can deal with that. The one that have the most love and affection will get away with a lot of things because it comes natural, the chemistry is very strong. While unknowingly if the wife that is the less fav does exactly the same thing, they'll not get the exact same treatment. Please help me out...

It is impossible to love all wives equally but it is possible to do justice between them in the best of your ability. The sunnah is to treat your wives with love and justice. Even if you might feel greater love for one over the other, you still have to show love to all of them.

If a wife is getting away with 'crimes' that other wives won't get away with then that is not Justice. Give them the same treatment as much as you can.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by babylolaroy(f): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2013
dyfatai: Anytime i think of a wife 2 marry, i can't but think of one d@ has proper understanding of d deen like u. I've never met u, but u'll make a very wonderful wife to any man who is blessed 2 marry u. Salam
wa alayka salam. thanx ....was that a proposal or a compliment

1 Like

Re: The Sunnah of Love by busar(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2013
Nice one from you tbaba. Just going through this since all this while. It seems this thread is being derailed. Saw lot of hidden post. shocked
Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 10:23am On Nov 16, 2013
babylolaroy:
wa alayka salam. thanx ....was that a proposal or a compliment
its more of a compliment. Wot kinda man proposes on a social network? Well, not d kind d@ wants a wife d@'ll train his children 2 memorize d quran by TEN years of age, sahih bukhari nd muslim by FIFTEEN.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Esji80(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
dyfatai: Anytime i think of a wife 2 marry, i can't but think of one d@ has proper understanding of d deen like u. I've never met u, but u'll make a very wonderful wife to any man who is blessed 2 marry u. Salam

Seconded.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Esji80(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
dyfatai: its more of a compliment. Wot kinda man proposes on a social neywork? Well, not d kind d@ wants a wife d@'ll train his children 2 memorize d quran by TEN, sahih bukhari nd muslim by FIFTEEN.

Bro. dyfatai it can start frm here o...In Q24:26 Allah s.w.t says GOOD MEN ARE FOR GOOD WOMEN and vice versa...

1 Like

Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Esji80:

Bro. dyfatai it can start frm here o...In Q24:26 Allah s.w.t says GOOD MEN ARE FOR GOOD WOMEN and vice versa...
lol. jazak Allah khair. On a serious note, d@s where Qadar sets in, if it has been predestined by Allah, den all d pieces will just fall into place.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Ifyjemila(f): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
babylolaroy: Ama woman o buh lemme rush and defend the men
Sometimes a married man means well and wud love to love his wife forever. Buh it comes like when 'bukata' enters and dey start making kids who need money for this and that, the man gets frustrated and feels like the whole responsibilty is heavily upon him. What men of nowadays dont know is that they are richer than most of the sahabas of the prophet and even MUHAMMAD s.a.w himself. was there not a sahaba who had nothing as dowry for his wife except some verses of the quran?
were there not days when the prophet tied stones around his tummy to make him feel weighty against the pangs of hunger?
so many instances. if our men now can manage any condition. Give it when yu av it and be polite to ur wife when you dont. That way she will also learn to trust and pray for you and accept whteva yu give ha

Now to we ladies..We let men think all we want is money. They think a woman can marry a sill.y man if hez rich..lets rewrite that story because it shouldnt be.
lets be like our mother Aisha who was the poor prophet's wife
lets think of our mother Fatimah who was his daughter. they all went hungry togeda. Even i think av read somewhere that there was when fatimah had just one cloth..subhanallah! And she happily stayed with ha husband Alli without complains.

So Akhis wa ukhtis, if we learn to accept all situations together and making the best of our marriages, we will love our partners more. i believe it is money issue that causes bitterness which then remove the love in marriage

play a game together. the prophet did horse riding togeda. if however yu r one rich family den do this togeda. for instance if yu av swimming pool in ur house, swim togeda to see who reaches d edge of the pool first. etc
the bone of contention sha is that love ur wife genuinely and wives, love ur husband unconditionally

may Allah make the brothers here husbands like Muhammad and may Allah make we sisters here wives like Aisha or Khadijah
Jazak Allahu khaira sister for this point.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
Sissie: @harmeenat I have read it, good book.

@ameerah it's so heart breaking, it makes you ask where's the love?

Abi nah. I think this topic should be the theme of countless lectures and seminars for our Muslim brothers and sisters. We Muslims shouldn't be found wanting in this aspect at all. An hijabi came to the health centre where I work one day with swollen lips and a sad face. I wasn't to attend to her directly but I wanted to know why she was that way. It was after she left that one of the workers told me that,"that alhaja,it was her husband that hit her that hard o..." I was ashamed,seriously. there would one time or another be misunderstandings but it shouldn't result to that. We need orientation on love and loving,seriously.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by Ifyjemila(f): 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
am33rah: I really wish this kind of love still exists amongst us. it breaks my heart to see how marriages these days are; most times you feel the distance between the couple from afar. when you ask the brothers, they will say they want wives as pious as Aisha radiy Allahu Anha,yet they can't emulate the prophet Sallallahu Alayhi wasallam. I pray that Allah grant me,and my sisters here pious and loving husbands,Amin.
AMEEN YAREBI.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by babylolaroy(f): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
@ifyjemila..wa iyyak
@broda Esji and dyfatai...thanx. mashaaAllah. Broda fatai wants to HIS WIFE to be the trainer of kids to learn the sahihs and the quran..mashaaAllah!!. i love that buh lets face one truth here...am just being objective o...in our nigeria of today, a woman cant proudly say it in public that she wnts to be the full house type. people will discourage her nd some will even abuse her. Now the same woman is to be the COOK, THE LAUNDRY PERSON, THE WIFE, THE MOTHER, THE TEACHER (to d kids) and @ her place of work too, THE WORKER!!!!
Allahu Akbar.. and what happens?..The husband doesnt know all of that...he only knows the cook nd 'wife' in her. The kids den love dia mum and daddies grow JEALOUS of dia own kids!

ladies in the house...Ameerah, deols, sissie, Aminah..my humble self....i hail theeeeee.....
luv y'all for the sake of Allah

4 Likes

Re: The Sunnah of Love by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 17, 2013
@baby, may He for whose sake you love us, love you too!

1 Like

Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 7:43am On Nov 17, 2013
babylolaroy: @ifyjemila..wa iyyak
@broda Esji and dyfatai...thanx. mashaaAllah. Broda fatai wants to HIS WIFE to be the trainer of kids to learn the sahihs and the quran..mashaaAllah!!. i love that buh lets face one truth here...am just being objective o...in our nigeria of today, a woman cant proudly say it in public that she wnts to be the full house type. people will discourage her nd some will even abuse her.

Don't get it twisted muslimah, i just reread my post and i don't c nothing like house wife dere. Pious cld hav different translations, but house wife isnt one of dem.

Now the same woman is to be the COOK, THE LAUNDRY PERSON, THE WIFE, THE MOTHER, THE TEACHER (to d kids) and @ her place of work too, THE WORKER!!!!

U blow dis out of proportion. As u r nw, aren't u a DAUGHTER, STUDENT OF KNOWLEDGE, SISTER, NAIRALANDER (+ others i dunno)........with none of dis roles interfering

Allahu Akbar.. and what happens?..The husband doesnt know all of that...he only knows the cook nd 'wife' in her. The kids den love dia mum and daddies grow JEALOUS of dia own kids!

Are u for real?? U just painted everybody wit d same brush dere. U mean dis is wot is happening every single muslim family?? Its definitely nt happening in mine, and propably nt in urs even though our parents are combining d roles effectively.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2013
@broda Esji and dyfatai...thanx. mashaaAllah. Broda fatai wants to HIS WIFE to be the trainer of kids to learn the sahihs and the quran..mashaaAllah!!. i love that buh lets face one truth here...am just being objective o...in our nigeria of today, a woman cant proudly say it in public that she wnts to be the full house type. people will discourage her nd some will even abuse her.

Don't get it twisted muslimah, i just reread my post and i don't c nothing like house wife dere. Pious cld hav different translations, but house wife isnt one of dem.

[/quote] Now the same woman is to be the COOK, THE LAUNDRY PERSON, THE WIFE, THE MOTHER, THE TEACHER (to d kids) and @ her place of work too, THE WORKER!!!!

[/quote]

U blow dis out of proportion. As u r nw, aren't u a DAUGHTER, STUDENT OF KNOWLEDGE, SISTER, NAIRALANDER (+ others i dunno)........with none of dis roles interfering

[/quote]Allahu Akbar.. and what happens?..The husband doesnt know all of that...he only knows the cook nd 'wife' in her. The kids den love dia mum and daddies grow JEALOUS of dia own kids!
[/quote]

Are u for real?? U just painted everybody wit d same brush dere. U mean dis is wot is happening every single muslim family?? Its definitely nt happening in mine, and propably nt in urs even though our parents are combining d roles effectively.
Re: The Sunnah of Love by dyfatai(m): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2013

babylolaroy: Now the same woman is to be the COOK, THE LAUNDRY PERSON, THE WIFE, THE MOTHER, THE TEACHER (to d kids) and @ her place of work too, THE WORKER!!!!

babylolaroy: Allahu Akbar.. and what happens?..The husband doesnt know all of that...he only knows the cook nd 'wife' in her. The kids den love dia mum and daddies grow JEALOUS of dia own kids!

Re: The Sunnah of Love by babylolaroy(f): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2013
lol...it wasnt yu who introduced the housewife talk, i did. it was the 'perfect' explanation i cud give to a woman teaching her kids the quran and the sahihs and morals and even their school work
Though it may be possible if she works too buh dah wud be in a pecent of 10 out of every 100. Thats why i brot out her roles. Actually i was supporting yu with an addition dah ur wife wud be a full housewife else she may not get d chance to teach ur kids all dos

lemme illustrate ds...if a woman goes to work in d morning nd cums bak atleast 3 (if shez a teacher, cos no shop owner leaves her wares by 3 pm), The kids cum bak from skul abt same time too...they quikly freshen up nd eat nd go to ilekewu by 4...dats mostly wah happns nd cum bak by 6:30. mum wud be in d kitchen cookin dinner by den. The kids gets bak nd bring out school assignments till maghrib. Daddy gets bak..family observed salat, and ate. Daddy watches newsline by 9. kids and mum go to sleep...Dad goes to sleep too
Now the wife didnt get d time to 'quranise' dem kids. Really yu got it wen yu sed am painting every1 wth d same brush..Thats my family up dia and my mama neva read quran to me. alhamdulila she let me learn it from alfa. so i plan to teach my own kids inshaaAllah....nd dats y i wanna be a full house wife...wic i sed isnt a welkm idea in modern day Nigeria

All sed and re-said now.....did you get my dilemma?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Of The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) With Kids / Hypocrisy Against Muslim Women / Things You Need To Know About Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.