Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) (10019 Views)

For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2013
With the incessant cries of marginalization emanating from the Muslim North of Nigeria, one is forced to look aback. Not long ago, time was when all major appointments were held by the Hausa/Fulani Muslim. It was so bad that many people of southern origin had to change names to Hausa/Fulani Islamic names in order to be considered for contracts and some changed states of origin to be considered for admission into institutions of learning.

In all these, one never heard any of the Northern elites speak out against the imbalance neither did the Southerners threaten the rulers then as the Hausa/Fulanis are doing now.

Attached is a pic of General IBBs service chiefs consisting of;

From left to right;

Admiral Murtala Nyarko - Chief of Naval staff (Northerner/Muslim)

General Sani Abacha - Chief of Army Staff (Northerner/Muslim)

AVM Ibrahim Alfa - Chief of Air staff (Northerner/Muslim)

Alhaji Aliu Atta - Inseptor General of Police. (Northerner/Muslim)

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Now that GEJ has come to correct the imbalance, some 'prodigal' Southerners are joining hands with the same set of people that oppressed them to make the country ungovernable for him so as to return the country to status quo where the Southerners will remain in perpetual servitude to the 'born to rule' Muslim North.

13 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by jamesibor: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2013
Also worthy of mention here is the fact that during the time these people held sway, there was relative peace and tranquility in all regions of the country but as soon as the status quo changed in 1999, Nigeria has never known peace. From the introduction of Sharia in many northern states post May 29, 1999 to Boko Haram of the present day.

10 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by erinolu(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: Now that GEJ has come to correct the imbalance, some 'prodigal' Southerners are joining hands with the same set of people that oppressed them to make the country ungovernable for him so as to return the country to status quo where the Southerners will remain in perpetual servitude to the 'born to rule' Muslim North.

Like Oshiomole

11 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by warrior01: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2013
hmmmm. Matters arising
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2013
james_ibor: Also worthy of mention here is the fact that during the time these people held sway, there was relative peace and tranquility in all regions of the country but as soon as the status quo changed in 1999, Nigeria has never known peace. From the introduction of Sharia in many northern states post May 29, 1999 to Boko Haram of the present day.
Apt James, very apt. It's a pity that most of our Southern brothers can not smell the coffee.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2013
Buhahahaha. Rule now. Who is stopping them? grin grin
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by yoji: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2013
The southerners ushered in the military era with d nzeogu coup and couldn't keep pace with how d northerners manipulated d military to take over power.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Desric(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2013
yoji: The southerners ushered in the military era with d nzeogu coup and couldn't keep pace with how d northerners manipulated d military to take over power.
You are very correct, I think the records should be made clear, not "cut and join". Even though then was the military era which has come and gone, now we are in a Democracy and the same region who manipulated the 1966 Nzeogu coup, has started again, twisting Regional zoning arrangement just because Power accidentally got to them. Now if this country is not divided, and the North holds power again and decides to be manipulating it as this zone is doing now, I hope no heavens will fall and no one will claim marginalisation?
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2013
Desric: You are very correct, I think the records should be made clear, not "cut and join". Even though then was the military era which has come and gone, now we are in a Democracy and the same region who manipulated the 1966 Nzeogu coup, has started again, twisting Regional zoning arrangement just because Power accidentally got to them. Now if this country is not divided, and the North holds power again and decides to be manipulating it as this zone is doing now, I hope no heavens will fall and no one will claim marginalisation?
In that case, don't you think it's time to break up the country so that each zone can do whatever they like?

17 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by kettykin: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2013
Some betraying southerners helped the north to dominate and marginalise the South, the same southerners are working tirelessly day and night to bring back the same order where the north will be the predator notable among them are Tinubu and Obasanjo, previously it was awolowo who rather than back ogundipe to become the head of state chose the in existent post of vice president to a military head of state, Abiola did the same thing by choosing to sponsor 1983 coup that truncated a democratically elected government and also sponsored coup against the only true and level headed yoruba leader earnest shonekan.

What the South East and South south will witness if power goes back to the north either in 2015 or 2019 will be a child's play compared to what happened in the late 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s when they were just observers in a northern led government where only Edo state got some recognition. This is why these 2 regions must fight for an SNC or be prepared to play the role of 6th class citizens

9 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Kponkwem(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2013
Many so called educated southerners do not understand these shenanigans of the oligarchic north.
Since Ahmadu Bello, Premier of the North made those decisive comments at the eve of the independent anniversary, the country has known no peace without a northern muslim leader. Despite insignificant contribution to the country's sustenance, they are violently opposed to decentralisation of power and change of the status quo. Smh for southerners.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2013
kettykin: Some betraying southerners helped the north to dominate and marginalise the South, the same southerners are working tirelessly day and night to bring back the same order where the north will be the predator notable among them are Tinubu and Obasanjo, previously it was awolowo who rather than back ogundipe to become the head of state chose the in existent post of vice president to a military head of state, Abiola did the same thing by choosing to sponsor 1983 coup that truncated a democratically elected government and also sponsored coup against the only true and level headed yoruba leader earnest shonekan.

What the South East and South south will witness if power goes back to the north either in 2015 or 2019 will be a child's play compared to what happened in the late 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s when they were just observers in a northern led government where only Edo state got some recognition. This is why these 2 regions must fight for an SNC or be prepared to play the role of 6th class citizens

Nice thinking but the truth is that it can never happen again. Instead it happening, the two regions will fight themselves into extinction. 2014 is gonna be a tough year for this country I telya, not to talk of 2015.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2013
Kponkwem: Many so called educated southerners do not understand these shenanigans of the oligarchic north.
Since Ahmadu Bello, Premier of the North made those decisive comments at the eve of the independent anniversary, the country has known no peace without a northern muslim leader. Despite insignificant contribution to the country's sustenance, they are violently opposed to decentralisation of power and change of the status quo. Smh for southerners.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.

The bolded still marvels me whenever I see it. It sends a deep shock and sense of anger down my spine. I wish he was still alive so he will pay dearly.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Slizbeat:

The bolded still marvels me whenever I see it. It sends a deep shock and sense of anger down my spine. I wish he was still alive so he will pay dearly.
He did pay dearly.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: He did pay dearly.

Should be X2 now..
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by owobokiri(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: He did pay dearly.

Very very dearly.... Very instructive too that in less that an hour of solid bravery, Nzeogwu was able to put an end to the expanding ruthlessness that was~is fulani politics in Nigeria... It took another 30 months of attrition spearheaded by the same bunch of clueless southerners to put the far north back on top,..we have been messed up ever since

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 9:40am On Nov 08, 2013
owobokiri:

Very very dearly.... Very instructive too that in less that an hour of solid bravery, Nzeogwu was able to put an end to the expanding ruthlessness that was~is fulani politics in Nigeria... It took another 30 months of attrition spearheaded by the same bunch of clueless southerners to put the far north back on top,..we have been messed up ever since

How I wish those 5 generals are still alive till date or say there are 5 generals now that has such kind of balls
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by oluakadinma: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Front page please! Its to some part of southerner to betray their own blood! What the so called southern leaders is doing now is liken to what Abiola did to Shonekon and he paid with his life! Why should a southern man ever move to align with these people in oder to wrestle power from a southerner? Betrayal run in some people blood that even their own blood is not spared! ROTIMI Amechi shouldn't be blamed but put to oder because he has this betrayal blood runninng in him! I keep laughing each time I see Tiniubu with Buharia together because I knw its only matter of time for one to be betrayed total! Cool down, APC is only an event in process. When the right time comes, we know the true party!

8 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Akpaife(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2013
we will who will rule nig come 2015

northern tins we Nigs r fools

it is GEJ or we go our sperate ways
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Incrizz(f): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Kponkwem:
You don't say!
I am beginning to understand now why I must vote for Jonathan.. *Takes one leg out of APC*

10 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by OrigamiIII: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2013
[quote author=Kponkwem]Many so called educated southerners do not understand these shenanigans of the oligarchic north.

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960.[/

Ahmadu Hello said that? Then i'll blame all the founding fathers from the south both and at present.How can you allow your people to continue to remain in a nation where a leader of one of the major ethnic group harbour such a sinister ideology? The country should have been dissolved sameday such statement was made.However,i blame GEJ for allowing us to drift further.I am yet to see an itsekiri man appointed into any important federal portfolio.His appointments have been too lopsided and completely devoid of national balance.Let him start addressing this and watch the resultant effect.
quote]

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by MeAboki(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2013
OP is just advertising his sheer ignorance, so IBB (gwari), Aliyu Attah (Igbira) and Abacha (Shuwa) are all Hausa-Fulani? SMH.

As for the so called northern dominance, lets examine how things should have played out if the rules of democracy and simple majority were to apply.
Accordingly southerners would never have had a whiff of the presidency or its equivalent because the majority of the monolithic north would always come up trumps first.

Southerners know and are jealous of this and had since been manipulating the rules (shifting the goalpost so to speak) to overcome the northern majority.

When they failed through the ballot box they took power forceful through Nigeria's first coup and failed subsequently after the tables were turned.

Secondly, they tried with some degree of success to forment the seeds of discord along ethnic and religious lines between the core north and the middle belt (though I am not saying that the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuris played no role in this) so as to reduce this majority, and continue to use their southern owned newspapers to stoke the flames of unrest between these northern groups, so that today the north is divided more than ever before.

Thirdly, they introduced the concept of rotational presidency thereby distorting the very principle of democracy - which northerners accepted if only to have peace.

Fourthly, they also introduced the concept of geopolitical zoning for the same reason - which again the north accepted only for sake of peace.

In addition, after laying down these ground rules, who was first to break them out greed? Yes, it was the southerners who insisted on taking over when it was clearly not their turn - even so, the northerners reluctantly accepted just to have peace.

Currently, who is also breaking a gentlemen's agreement to run for only one term so that north could resume its missed turn; if not our present retardeen - where even credible sources such as the BBC have reported on the said agreement, yet in the face of it all this, he and his lying cheating southern folks wish to pretend otherwise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-1233901

It is very rare in history and highly unlikely for ppl to voluntarily give up power just like that, yet northerners have ceded power to the south for sake of peace.

It is therefore extremely painful to hear some southerners, still wet behind the ears and without thinking, repeatedly spewing out the myth and false propaganda accusing northerners of having a born to rule mentality - wherein it is actually the southerners who have always demonstrated the propensity, via their by hook or by crook attitude, for I must rule mentality.

In view of the foregoing, it should be evidently clear that there would be no formula under which the southerners will be satisfied with the north, due to their (southerners) greed and selfishness.

Therefore the only way forward is for this country to divide - the north would actually be far better off on its own in the long run; while southerners can go on and self implode, consuming themselves in their own greed.

9 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Ugom38(f): 10:46am On Nov 08, 2013
thank God say fowl nyash don open and a sensible southerner will cum out to say he's supportin buhari ,atiku etc,i don't considerThe party but de persons because southerners hav sufferred a lot in de hands of dis power drunk ethnic group

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by achi4u(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2013
Contrary to what we know as "south betraying south",can same thing be said about north?
Why can't north betray north for once ?

Why should a sane person from south campaign and vote for a northerner in any general election knowing how violent and heartless some of them can be?

Come 2015 election, either south continue to rule this country or the unspeakable happen ....in fact lets go our separate ways.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Arysexy(m): 10:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Below is d averagw sentiment of hausa muslims, that they are clamouring for buhari is no oda reason dan bc of his religious inclination. GEJ must be returned in 2015

SouthEastNigeria.com
USMAN JIMENTA WROTE on The Nigerian Gazette
_______

"The Crusader Emperor Goodluck Jonathan appoints three more Christians. The new appointees with a mandate and instruction to work closely with CAN in the National Intelligence Agency,NIA are as follows:

1- Ayo Oke, DG, from Oyo State.
2- E.O Okafor, DDG Ops, from Anambra State.
3- Arap Yadam, DDG Admin, from Plateau State.

Muslims beware of Emperor Goodluck Jonathan JP.

It is also important to bring to notice that Jonathan has relocated the Nigerian War College from Abuja to Abia State, the birth place of his Grandfather and his real origin. Emperor Goodluck Jonathan, has also recently, established a Military Command, with an Igbo Commanding Officer in the Village of his illegal Chief of Army Staff, Azubuike Ihejika, in Abia State.

Muslims working in Armed Forces, Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Jonathan's Government, should know that all the humiliations, harassments, intimidations, Eliminations etc, meted on them is an instruction from Jonathan and CAN. Muslim Staffers of NIMASA are being denied even leave allowances by the CAN appointed Director of Finance, to mention but a few.

May Goodluck Jonathan, die soon like Andrew Nazi Azazi of Cursed memory, Ameen."

This is very shameful. When will this religious war end?

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by citizenY(m): 11:09am On Nov 08, 2013
@ above

source unreliable, Nothng like JIMENTA BUT JIMETA..... VERY GOOD EFFORT AT RABBLE ROUSING., YOU CANNOT EVEN GET THE NAME RIGHT.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by achi4u(m): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Just a paltry change of administration the whole north is cursing our dear president grin

People should open their eyes and see the negative attitude plus dangerous conspiracy our northern brothers is cooking.

Say no to APC and their blood sucking wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Arysexy(m): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2013
citizenY: @ above

source unreliable, Nothng like JIMENTA BUT JIMETA..... VERY GOOD EFFORT AT RABBLE ROUSING., YOU CANNOT EVEN GET THE NAME RIGHT.

mumu, go nigeria gazette and read about the comment of d so called Jimeta, do u expect me to do ur home work for u?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Me_Aboki: OP is just advertising his sheer ignorance, so IBB (gwari), Aliyu Attah (Igbira) and Abacha (Shuwa) are all Hausa-Fulani? SMH.

As for the so called northern dominance, lets examine how things should have played out if the rules of democracy and simple majority were to apply.
Accordingly southerners would never have had a whiff of the presidency or its equivalent because the majority of the monolithic north would always come up trumps first.

Southerners know and are jealous of this and had since been manipulating the rules (shifting the goalpost so to speak) to overcome the northern majority.

When they failed through the ballot box they took power forceful through Nigeria's first coup and failed subsequently after the tables were turned.

Secondly, they tried with some degree of success to forment the seeds of discord along ethnic and religious lines between the core north and the middle belt (though I am not saying that the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuris played no role in this) so as to reduce this majority, and continue to use their southern owned newspapers to stoke the flames of unrest between these northern groups, so that today the north is divided more than ever before.

Thirdly, they introduced the concept of rotational presidency thereby distorting the very principle of democracy - which northerners accepted if only to have peace.

Fourthly, they also introduced the concept of geopolitical zoning for the same reason - which again the north accepted only for sake of peace.

In addition, after laying down these ground rules, who was first to break them out greed? Yes, it was the southerners who insisted on taking over when it was clearly not their turn - even so, the northerners reluctantly accepted just to have peace.

Currently, who is also breaking a gentlemen's agreement to run for only one term so that north could resume its missed turn; if not our present retardeen - where even credible sources such as the BBC have reported on the said agreement, yet in the face of it all this, he and his lying cheating southern folks wish to pretend otherwise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-1233901

It is very rare in history and highly unlikely for ppl to voluntarily give up power just like that, yet northerners have ceded power to the south for sake of peace.

It is therefore extremely painful to hear some southerners, still wet behind the ears and without thinking, repeatedly spewing out the myth and false propaganda accusing northerners of having a born to rule mentality - wherein it is actually the southerners who have always demonstrated the propensity, via their by hook or by crook attitude, for I must rule mentality.

In view of the foregoing, it should be evidently clear that there would be no formula under which the southerners will be satisfied with the north, due to their (southerners) greed and selfishness.

Therefore the only way forward is for this country to divide - the north would actually be far better off on its own in the long run; while southerners can go on and self implode, consuming themselves in their own greed.
Yes, let's break the useless country into pieces and let everyone answer his father's name. It's never too late to re-build, we shall get there once we break the country into countries. South Korea was able to perform what they call 'Miracle On The Han River' because they freed themselves from the claw of never-do-well North Korea on August 15 1948. Nigeria is never one and shall never be one, our southern leaders made a mistake in 1967(I learnt they couldn't reach compromise as everyone wanted to become Boss) but we have learnt our lesson and history shall not repeat itself lai lai. Tinubu is only wasting his time making alliance with the Northernerns, Awolowo and co decided for us in 1967 but this time around we Yorubas have learnt our lesson and shall not allow any damn leader to decide our fate again cos referendum shall decide not Tinubu or anyone. When I look at Yorubaland what I see is South Korea, this useless forced marriage is really setting us back. God Bless Yorubaland and God Bless Nigeria till it DISINTEGRATES.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by AnodaIT(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Shame on Ameachi for even identifying with these vampires
If only Yorubas can shun tribalism and join hangs at least for now and free ourselves from a common enemy.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by IGBOSON1: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: Apt James, very apt. It's a pity that most of our Southern brothers can not smell the coffee.

^^^For that to happen they've got to wake up first! wink

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Hunger Level ‘Serious’, Ranks 103 Out Of 121 Countries / Mounting Debts, Fuel Subsidy Crisis: Mega Burdens For New Government / Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.