Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Kanu Nwankwo Jets To Abu Dhabi To Cheer Golden Eaglets To FIFA-U17 Glory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Jets To Abu Dhabi To Cheer Golden Eaglets To FIFA-U17 Glory (1291 Views)

U-17 Eaglets To Receive 20k Each (pictured) / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Jets To Abu Dhabi To Cheer Golden Eaglets To FIFA-U17 Glory by 9jaflave: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
http://9jaflave..com/2013/11/kanu-nwankwo-jets-to-abu-dhabi-to-cheer-eaglets.html#more

Japan '93 FIFA U-17 World Cup winner, Nwankwo Kanu, left Lagos on Thursday, to cheer the Eaglets to victory in Abu Dhabi in the Finals today.

Kanu’s goals 20 years ago propelled Nigeria to her 2nd title of the FIFA-U17 competition and he believes the present squad will overcome Mexico in Friday’s final of the 2013 edition in the United Arab Emirates for their 4th title.

He said, “When I watched these boys in Calabar during the African qualifiers, I said they were a team to watch out for but I don't think a lot of people agreed with me.

“But I knew what I was saying. The boys are talented and know how to score goals. The only problem the team had was in defence, which had been rectified by the coaches.”

“This is a different team. With a little bit of luck, they will surely triumph. They need the support of all Nigerians,” Kanu said.

Nigeria had beaten Mexico 6-1 in their Group F opener in Al Ain 20 days ago but the Mexicans bounced back, beating Italy, Brazil and Argentina, to get to the final.

http://9jaflave..com/2013/11/kanu-nwankwo-jets-to-abu-dhabi-to-cheer-eaglets.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Sachin Tendulkar: India Legend's Final Test Under Way / Did Suarez Not Deserve The Golden Tooth Award? / Real Madrid Striker Chicharito Will Never Play For Manchester United Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.