Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's (1484 Views)

Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by omophilip: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
The Katsina State Minority Leader in the state house of assembly, Hon Abdullahi Mahuta shares this touching story
''After the Sallah break, my two children, who I transferred to a public school in Katsina, said they would not go back to school with their canvas and sandal shoes. They insisted that they would only be wearing bathroom slippers to school because all their friends in the school are using same to school and that some come to school without shoes . Initially I told their mother to allow them to use the sleepers, but my little daughter advised: "Father, please buy sandals for all the pupils in the school so that my brothers can also wear sandals". I thought I could not buy sandals for all the pupils in that school. I called the headmaster and asked him the number of students in the school. He told me they are about 800. After a rough calculation, I realized that it will cost about N230,000 only to buy a pair of sandals and white soaks for every child in the school.

Read more http://kumkumba..com/2013/11/touching-story-of-katsina-state.html

2 Likes

Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by omophilip: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
Just imagine, if only the 34 members of KTHA, 34 LG chairmen and the about 40 commissioners and SAs will do the same, over 100,000 pupils would be saved from the problems of (Sanyi, Kaya da kusoshin da ka iya ji ma yara ciwo) meaning thorns and cracked legs
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Emmanuel602(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
Touching story indeed...... Transfering his kids to public school? It only takes a patriotic nigerian to do that
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by mankevo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
This is one of the News that gives joy and hope for the future.

As important as it is, I know the thread will not go far because there's no: Buhari, Tinubu and Fashola there.

We dictate our future by our interest(s).
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Sibrah: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Imagine Patience Jonathan using the resource wasted on those her rice sharing jamboree to fix three thousand critical pot holes in our road network or giving out a thousand sewing machines
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by omophilip: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
moderator. FP please
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by tpia5: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
I thought bathroom slippers arent allowed in public schools.

The govt should please step in and provide proper footwear for all students in public schools.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Omen100(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
omophilip: moderator. FP please

seconded

1 Like

Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
I'm really touched by this story. Even the shoeless student, GEJ never gave a thought in this direction all these time sad
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmm the only politician that behave reasonably in the year 2013.....there is hope anyway. I wish we can have 36 lawmakers and 360 political appointees like him.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by edababa007(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nice 1...1 billion for GEJ and PEJ feeding should be diverted here to help out
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by abuc: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
A commendable move by Hon Abdullahi Mahuta. Some politicians will not give a damn. They will simply ask themselves if they should be blame for someone poverty without knowing that their action have contributed either directly or indirectly to the level of poverty in the Country.

I will also demand Hon Abdullahi Mahuta to start sponsoring a bill that will make it mandatory for pupils in public school to have a school sandal provided by the Government. Other States will follow this initiative. Such move will never be in the agenda of our greedy politicians while they keep on spending our resources on things that don't add value to the lives of ordinary Nigerians.

May God Save Us from Polirobbers.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by IdomaLikita: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
It won't make frontpage because its not a BH story or any Story to portray the North in bad light!
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Imagine if Tinubu would spend the money he spends to sponsor propaganda on good causes like this. To think that this happens in Buhari's state churns at the stomach. What has the general done to change the plight of his people?
We are quick to point fingers to far places without putting the blame where it should be.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by ifebosco: 1:46am On Nov 09, 2013
this is the only part i love from the people of the north,their simplicity and patriotism
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by danot1030: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2013
my soul pray 4 dis man and his family, may God bless dem n keep dem frm evil. unlike a leader who think achievement is best displayed by waisting billions of naira on a dead foster mother inlaw burial while many canot aford gud food and education.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by ojubi(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2013
This is the same thing I have been saying about the so-called ASUU Strike.

If all former governors, ex national and state assembly members, ministers, commissioners, politicians business men etc and even market women and the ordinary Nigerian can contribute money and ASUU would have since gone back to class room.
That is why I get angry at any young Nigeria supporting the so called G7 governors. Because they claim patriotism whereas their actions proves otherwise.
Once again kudos to the honourable.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 09, 2013
Public education in Nigeria is not marginaly bad. It is horrible. You send your child there only if you have absolutely no choice and then pray. I must score this as the political stunt of a bad father toying with the future of his children to get public sympathy. No one commending this man here will do the same to their child.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by danot1030: 8:09am On Nov 09, 2013
[quote author=utumunta] Wher quick 2 point finger 2 far places witout putin d blame wher it shul be[] hw guilty ar u by dis or y do u tink we hav d highest rates of uneducatated and criminals fr S/E if d rich ther has beta d lives of d less privileg.
Re: Touching Story Of Katsina State Minority Leader Hon Abdullahi Mahuta's by BabaEleko(m): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2013
This is just one of the teachings of Islam. May God bless this honorable man.

(1) (Reply)

My Open Letter To Senator David Mark / Lawmakers Insist On Al-makura’s Exit, Reject Emirs’ Intervention / Inec Chairman, Igp, Apc Disagree Over Voting Modality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.