Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim (22472 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim / China Official Sacked Over Son's Extravagant Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by dustydee: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ghana's Deputy Communications Minister Victoria Hammah has been sacked after she was recorded allegedly saying she would stay in politics until she has made $1m (£600,000).

"If you have money then you can control people," she seems to say on the tape which has been widely circulated.

Ms Hammah has not yet commented on the tape or her sacking.

The BBC's Sammy Darko in Accra says she played a key role in President John Mahama's election last year.

Some pundits will feel vindicated over her sacking, as they warned that she was too young and inexperienced to serve in government, our correspondent says.
In August, she said there was a lot of pressure on her to steal public money because people thought that, as a minister, she was rich.

She described such demands as "obnoxious", reports the Ghanaweb news site.

"Corrupt politicians are the reflection of [a] corrupt society!" it quotes her as saying.

Ms Hammah first came to the public attention after stumbling several times while making a speech and then saying she had been given the wrong text.

On the tape, which has not been independently verified, she says: "I will not quit politics until I make one million dollars."

She also criticising another deputy minister, calling her "senseless, ugly, loud and egoistic".

Information Minister Mahama Ayariga did not give any reason for Ms Hammah's dismissal in her one-sentence announcement.

But it comes 24 hours after the tape went viral on social media and was played on a local radio station.

Her driver has been arrested on suspicion of making the recording of her conversation.

Our correspondent says many Ghanaians are asking if her right to privacy was infringed by the release of the tape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24864436

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wait This lipsrsealed made front page!? Anyways [size=20pt]First[/size] of all i want [size=20pt]to[/size] thank airtel for giving me the internet connection to [size=20pt]Comment[/size] on this very nonsensetical topic! angry

[size=20pt]CRIMINAL angry
see her lipsrsealed sef angry[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by EKONGKING: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Only $ 1 MILLION DOLLARS .No wonder Ghana is ant of Africa grin .While our gaint of africa politicians dont even quit politics even if they steal 100 million

17 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lesson for GEJ. No committe was set up to investigate. No House summons. Not even a query. This is the template for good leadership. When will our leaders learn?

46 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by PetroDolla2: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
Fuckeduppedness The Pride of Africa. No wonder Ghana is rated high on the anti-corruption index. We are not like other countries where officials are not only corrupt, but indeed corruption is official grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by mekaboy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
She never even steal the money, them doin sack am.

18 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
[img]http://74.54.19.227/GHP/img/pics/65926109.jpg[/img]

No story, no committee to verify what's already known.

34 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by taiocol: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
we be gaint of africa, bt we go tell say that gaint na waec
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by achimotan(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
Most time politicians would say they are there to serve the people and make their lives better.Clearly Miss Hammah had other motives before entering politics, to make dollors at the expense of the people
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
O'men ghana ppl worwor o...lol

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by oderemo(m): 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
The fear of Rawlings is the beginning democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Boss13: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Clearly a country that puts public interest first. She is yet to steal the money but was relieved. We have our own Hon. Minister of Aviation who has finish eaten the money but is still currently serving and claiming she is innocent. The committee setup by the president is taking forever to conclude their investigation. EFCC is slow to investigate and House of Representative is trying to alter their report because it leaked out to the press.

The comparison is clear for the world to see. Ghana is growing from strength to strength and boosting public confidence, Nigeria has institutionalized corruption and consolidating it into the constitution.

80 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by donphilopus: 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
I'd be very happy if this could happen to Stella Oduah

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by mcdokwe(m): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
even Ghana?
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by seedord247(m): 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
She neeed that money for surgery cuz that face is fuccking personally fugly.... grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
No consultation whatever before the axe fell on her undecided

I think Nigeria should take a clue from this?

Say no to corruption and corrupt tendencies...

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by snika: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Meanwhile in Nigeria, Sanusi is distributing N2 Billion to hausa emirs in the north shocked

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by thiefnubu(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
am i the only one noticing those breasts.... omo na made in japan bobby be dat o..
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by playmode(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
[size=15pt]Meanwhile a Nigerian minister who squandered over $1million for her personal use is still in office protected by the commander in chief of armed thieves Jonathan Ebele badluck.

I am a Yoruba Nigerian but i am so proud of Ghana and wish i was born a Ghanaian. These guys have got their act to together.More grease to your elbow and may you continue to soar above the rest.You are the true beacon of Africa.

Ghana = Better country ,correct people

Nigeria = Yeye country ,useless people[/size]

43 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
Not in Nigeria.

Jonathan will shield the person and even give them national honour for not being too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Polio: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
snika: Meanwhile in Nigeria, Sanusi is distributing N2 Billion to hausa emirs in the north shocked

Do you have any concrete evidence?

Please provide ... If you fail to do so, you will be tormented and circumvented on this forum!

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by damola1: 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
I pledge to Nigeria my country. To be faithful, loyal and honest...
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Italiano1: 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ghana showing Nigeria how it should be done

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Ymodulus: 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
I have said it times without no.

--------------------------------
[size=20pt]
Lets solve Nigeria's problem by KILLING a 160 Million Nigerians.(100MIllion Hausa's, 30Million Yorubas, 30Million Igbos). | | | We can do it. By donating 1GUN to every 10-14year old.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by ballabriggs: 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
But that bobby na die Ooooo. This one na Minister of Natural Resources.

Ghana people, na una Presido dey chop this one?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Larufa(m): 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
on a lighter note, she is a beautiful lady without common sense!!!!.

8 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Ajiswaggs(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wtf[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img]
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by simplynola(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Am quoting u also for the use of "only" so be ready anytime you are in leadership i will bring out this file. Its in my library already. Gbam!
EKONGKING: Only $ 1 MILLION DOLLARS .No wonder Ghana is ant of Africa grin .While our gaint of africa politicians dont even quit politics even if they steal 100 million

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by cluewebhost(m): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Meanwhile for naija........
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by adtiezy1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
[quote author=playmode][size=15pt]Meanwhile a Nigerian minister who squandered over $1million for her personal use is still in office protected by the commander in chief of armed thieves Jonathan Ebele badluck.

I am a Yoruba Nigerian but i am so proud of Ghana and wish i was born a Ghanaian. These guys have got their act to together.More grease to your elbow and may you continue to soar above the rest.You are the true beacon of Africa.

Ghana = Better country ,correct people

Nigeria = Yeye country ,useless people[/size]
[/quo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by nkemKalu: 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
That na small money for a local government Chairman in 9aija.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkey Wildfire: Terrified Tourists Rescued By Boats (Pictures, Video) / ECOWAS Leadership Will Not Accept Illegitimate Authority In Niger - Tinubu / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.