Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim (22473 Views)

Mugabe's Lavish $1m 92nd Birthday Celebration-Photos / Ghana's Victoria Hammah Sacked Over $1m Claim / China Official Sacked Over Son's Extravagant Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by V0lv0(f): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2013
I thought i had seen it all. So some fruitcake created two fake monikers and speaking to himself. Wonders shall never end undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by chukxie(m): 12:15am On Nov 09, 2013
That's an example of how to tackle corruption. Nice one, Ghana. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of our country,Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by LASTKILLER: 12:30am On Nov 09, 2013
Bros are u high on grass
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Jamaticulus(m): 1:26am On Nov 09, 2013
Wetin Stella Oduah still dey do 4 office??
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Polio: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2013
slim fit :

Who made you police in nairaland?

It is none of your bloody business ... Now shut the fu...ck up and pissssss awwwwwwwwffffffffff!
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 09, 2013
CoffyCoon:

I AM SAYING ALL THIS BUT I AM NOT NIGERIAN I AM GHANAIAN!!!!!

HA,HA,HA,HA, [/b]
[/size]
u wish

5 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by EagleNest(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2013
Corruption cannot fight corruption. GEJ enjoys corruption so much that he sees it as not Nigeria's No-1 problem.
Till 2015, the current government will continue to support corruption and it is up to Nigerians to vote him again or otherwise.
Thumb up for Ghana!

6 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Sagamite(m): 6:16am On Nov 09, 2013
EagleNest: Corruption cannot fight corruption. GEJ enjoys corruption so much that he sees it as not Nigeria's No-1 problem.
Till 2015, the current government will continue to support corruption and it is up to Nigerians to vote him again or otherwise.
Thumb up for Ghana!

GBAM!
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by AreaFada2: 6:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Sacked just for blabbing? And Fahcrook "Hatfull Dollars" Lawan is still gallivanting? Chai, Naija don suffer.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by PurestBoy(m): 6:43am On Nov 09, 2013
Sagamite:

No be only you o! grin

Bros wetin happen? U never call anybody person o
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by knowledge4(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2013
The minister was sacked based on a 'claim' that she would make $1 million in office but was yet to get the money before the sack
That is a progressive nation.
Here, ministers who actually make hundreds of millions of dollars are not sacked.
They win the next election to higher offices.
They are celebrated.
Sad! Bad!! Sad! Bad!!
I wish I am a Ghanian

3 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Sagamite(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

Bros wetin happen? U never call anybody person o

Haba, Oga.

No dey spoil my reputation na.

https://www.nairaland.com/1509905/ghanas-minister-sacked-over-1m/3#19400403

At least I don try call persin Cretin for the thread.

I no dey dull na. grin

Cretin, person, same noni! grin
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by dvee2: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2013
Only $1M? here in 9Ja ,that's the amount ordinary junior ministers like Wike spend on their militant bodyguards. undecided
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by davidonyemayma: 7:50am On Nov 09, 2013
Boss13: Clearly a country that puts public interest first. She is yet to steal the money but was relieved. We have our own Hon. Minister of Aviation who has finish eaten the money but is still currently serving and claiming she is innocent. The committee setup by the president is taking forever to conclude their investigation. EFCC is slow to investigate and House of Representative is trying to alter their report because it leaked out to the press.

The comparison is clear for the world to see. Ghana is growing from strength to strength and boosting public confidence, Nigeria has institutionalized corruption and consolidating it into the constitution.

when you mixed up issues like this, it becomes difficult to objectively scrutinise. This particular case did not involve the print media house in Lagos/Ibadan expressway attempting conspiracy to propagate propaganda or dishing out unbalanced biased reporting
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:21am On Nov 09, 2013
bishop4APC: You distance yourself from everything that ha s to do with Nigeria and you keep writing long poem on a nigeria forum...

...Shame on you, lost pikin, just get it behind ur skull that the country u and ur likes embraced today also started from somewhere.....anyways welcoming you to new nigeria come 2015.

In the Game`s voice 'aliyah had a dream,lefteye had a dream'
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by djfiifi(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Damn hot!

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by God1stson(m): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2013
[quote author=playmode]

[b][size=15pt]What you have displayed here is typical Negro thinking.I am talking about how Ghana has got their politics in order and you are speaking parables about someone who is jealous of you.Now let me ask you one question Mr na me love Nigeria pass.

Which kind of politicians do you wish Nigeria had? The Jonathan/Tinubu kind of politician or the type of politicians that sacked this Ghanaian deputy minister.Please don't dodge the question ,answer and the truth shall set y
LoL this guys ego has been bad ly damaged! resulting to low self esteem.The traveller! are there not distinguished Nigerian doctors,lawyer,engineers etc in d country u travelled.U're what u are by personal decision & nt neccessarily by ur country.cos every society not in war can guarantee some level of self determination.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Walexsammy(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2013
Oh my gush.........see shape....dis is a real african woman

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by God1stson(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2013
playmode:

[b][size=15pt]What you have displayed here is typical Negro thinking.I am talking about how Ghana has got their politics in order and you are speaking parables about someone who is jealous of you.Now let me ask you one question Mr na me love Nigeria pass.

Which kind of politicians do you wish Nigeria had? The Jonathan/Tinubu kind of politician or the type of politicians that sacked this Ghanaian deputy minister.Please don't dodge the question ,answer and the truth shall set you free.

Nigeria is not my father's house because i have cut all links with that sh_thole inhabited by natural born crooks .Just today GRE & TOEF has cancelled testing in Nigeria because of their crooked "na me get sense pass" lifestyle.Maybe you are proud to be a Nigerian ,i am not.In fact i rather be a Sudanese than be a Nigerian because Nigerians are regressive people.The Name Nigeria does not inspire anything but shame and that is the truth whether you chose to honestly admit it to yourself or not.I have traveled to many countries and the way Nigerians behave overseas (like rabid monkeys) is enough for one to distant his /herself from Nigeria.

Face it dude Nigeria is a dump and a failed nation inhabited by obnoxious and pompous people who believe they are more special than oxygen.The world can't be wrong about Nigeria.Nigerians lack the collective intellect to progress hence why everything in the country is upside or the extreme opposite of what obtains in normal civilizations.

The truth floats like a butterfly and stings like a BEE but it is the truth nonetheless.No amount of parables or adages will change that.
[/size][/b]
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by tiwasiaife(m): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2013
playmode: [size=15pt]Meanwhile a Nigerian minister who squandered over $1million for her personal use is still in office protected by the commander in chief of armed thieves Jonathan Ebele badluck.

I am a Yoruba Nigerian but i am so proud of Ghana and wish i was born a Ghanaian. These guys have got their act to together.More grease to your elbow and may you continue to soar above the rest.You are the true beacon of Africa.

Ghana = Better country ,correct people

Nigeria = Yeye country ,useless people[/size]
Relocate to ghana and 9ja will not even miss u.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2013
Bright2: This woman too worwor abeg,how can a deputy minister look this ugly even with her money? Am proud to be a Nigerian wink wink
But she fine pass Stella oduah

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by sweetgala(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2013
EagleNest: Corruption cannot fight corruption. GEJ enjoys corruption so much that he sees it as not Nigeria's No-1 problem.
Thumb up for Ghana!

2015 is already decided, igbo will vote GEJ, Hausa and Yoruba APC
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by InHim4Him(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
playmode: [size=15pt]Meanwhile a Nigerian minister who squandered over $1million for her personal use is still in office protected by the commander in chief of armed thieves Jonathan Ebele badluck.

I am a Yoruba Nigerian but i am so proud of Ghana and wish i was born a Ghanaian. These guys have got their act to together.More grease to your elbow and may you continue to soar above the rest.You are the true beacon of Africa.

Ghana = Better country ,correct people

Nigeria = Yeye country ,useless people[/size]
Thank God. In His wisdom He didn't make you ghanaian because you would have spoilt our landscape in every way and sense.

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by InHim4Him(m): 10:42am On Nov 09, 2013
Whether in Ghana or in Nigeria, one can see how WOMEN reason. WOMEN I hail ! Stella. Victoria. Patricia.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Subom1(f): 11:17am On Nov 09, 2013
InHim4Him: Whether in Ghana or in Nigeria, one can see how WOMEN reason. WOMEN I hail ! Stella. Victoria. Patricia.
What a stupid comment! Women reason? You do know that corruption is not limited to women only. This ASUU strikes is really taking a toll on some people's brains undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by PetroDolla2: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2013
Cusubaba: May Amadioha kill u bastard. Yes i know most of u bastard Yorubas in Ghana and Ivory Coast who doesn't [/b]know their fathers, villages and roots, but they would tell u my Mama say i be Nigerian. Village bastard, Google this names: Mr. Afraid Woyome, Mrs Betris Iddrisu and Mr. Eric Amoateng. Mr. Afraid Woyome [b]stoled [/b]500 million dollars from Ghana government and his [b]working free in the street of Accra. Mrs. Betris Iddrisu was former Ghana information minister and she stoled 293 million dollars from Ghana government but she is working free in the street of Accra. Mr. Eric Amoetang is a drug baron and yet he was then a member of Ghana Paliament( MP) before he was caught with drugs in USA and he is now serving 10 jailed sentence in USA. But he was well know as a drug baron in Ghana and yet was an MP before USA caughat him and jailed him. Ghana is the second most corrupt country in West Africa and the third in Africa after Kenya.

and what the hell is in this undernourished, undereducated and unemployable mudder-fugger yapping about?

Did you say Ghana is the second most corrupt in West Africa? so I take it then that nigeria is the undisputed number one, abi? the Baba of corruption - where officials are not only corrupt but corruption is official, abi? grin no wonder Buhari says your country is the most corrupt in the worldhttp://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/no-country-is-as-corrupt-as-nigeria-buhari-leadership.17848/

even a child born today knows that the Woyome case you mentioned is in court, which is what happens in every civilised society. BTW, woyome's company won a case against the govt and the government was compelled to pay a sum of money to him -which was $23 million, I think - and that was paid because we are a country governed by laws. However, when new facts emerged that suggested the whole deal was questionable; Woyome was arrested and is currently facing trial in Accra. So tell me, what was done in woyome's case to suggest the govt was covering up for corruption?

Do you have evidence that Mrs.Betty Mould stole $290 million? you better take it easy on that sh1t you've been smoking,huh shocked

the issue really, is not whether officials commit crimes or not-they are also human beings, aren't they? what is important is what happens to officials when they infringe the law, that's where the difference is clearly 7up between the two countries. fuckeduppedness grin

we all saw how a few years ago, a governor of bayelsa sneaked in from the UK dressed like a woman grin after his arrest and came down to nigeria to a hero's welcome despite stealing lots of his peoples money. the same people he stole from were hailing him as a hero cool. Today, the same man is one of the most powerful men behind the throne in your country grin

BTW, your English suck big time. you need to start going to some adult education classes asap grin won't be surprised sha if you tell me you have a Ph.D grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by lastpage: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2013
Prof Corruption: [img]http://74.54.19.227/GHP/img/pics/65926109.jpg[/img]

No story, no committee to verify what's already known.

Well, with due respects, l hope our Igbo Brothers and Sisters, ..and Nigerians in general, would take a leaf from this?

When "Stealler" Oduahs case came to light, what we were hearing was that she was innocent, until a court or committee investigates and finds her guilty! ...despite the fact that her case was even "worse and so much brazen" as there was "physical evidence" of her theft.

Again, this lady must have come from a particular "TRIBE" in Ghana, why did her people not carry placard and threaten fire and brimstone, if she was sacked? Why did they not point finger, start abusing and accusing other tribes of being jealous?
Everyone must join hands to condemn and punish a thief, whether he/she is Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa or other minority ethnic groups, is IRRELEVANT.

Even more poignant is the fact that the[b] President of Ghana did not HESITATE OR DILLY-DALLY before taking action in sacking this woman[/b], despite the fact that she was reported to have worked assiduously for the man's election victory!
Why is it that our own President was so sluggish and suffers "mental-inertia" during the various cases of gargantuan corruption that erupted under his watch? Could it be that it was because he himself is an epitome of corruption or he gets a percentage behind our backs in form of "campaign donations"?

I must also add that this sacked lady only showed "an intent" to make One Million Dollars (she might even intend to save it over the years ahead?) but the mere fact that she alluded to "an intent to making money as a Govt Minister/Politician", her position has become untenable.

Such is the high standard they hold themselves to and l am sure the next Minister will think twice before nursing similar ideas.
This is how to sanitize a society and build good morals amongst the younger generations.

The fact that we do nothing and even tacitly encourage corruption, sends out the wrong signal to our youths and that is why we keep digging ourselves deeper into that pit of corruption and the quality of our lives keep getting worse over time.

I HOPE WE (ALL NIGERIANS) REALLY LEARN FROM THIS EVENT.

Lastpage!

BTW: We must remember that Ghana has a certain jerry rawlings who took the "bull by the Horns" and sanitized Ghana when they were going down the drain (as our Shoemakers and "Digarawa, Di-Baasia", e.t.c) grin .
Does Nigeria have "men" who are selfless enough to sanitize this our dear country or are we just a bunch of greedy and selfish beings?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by lastpage: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
snoopy:

If your son/daughter brings shame and dishonour to your name, would you disown and cut him/her off totally and will you go to the townsquare to join other people in calling for the killing of your own son/daughter because of the shame and dishonour?

Brus,
I think on the larger scale, the average Yoruba Family will do exactly that.
We are noted for disowning our children (and even fathers) who bring our family name into disrepute.
Growing-up, l have seen so many of this and one of the sayings that still rings true in my ears today, from when l was a young boy is when my parents tell me "remember the son of who you are, dont bring shame to our family name as you are not the only one bearing that name".
I tell my own children the same thing. Our name goes over "generations".

We shamed Tafa balogun, We disgraced Bode George, we will do Obasanjo and Tinubu, as soon as we can but make no mistake about this: aside from the few but very noisey "Forty -IPad" boys-of-the-belly who come here to sing the praises of these Yoruba-thieves, the average Yoruba has already disowned these criminals and the likes of Bank-Ole.
That is who we are, that is why we are Yorubas, that is why each "family name is unique and can be traced to a particular village, .... no be now wey "civilisation" don dey make Yoruba man bear "Adewale Armani"! shocked shocked

Back in the 70's, if you are caught as a thief, the first thing is to mention your "family name" and believe me, that family is ostracised and derided as if they all stole!
.......though the general climate of corruption in Nigeria is infecting us as well, as we dont live in another "island" than this same Nigeria.

Let me add that there is room for "redemption" for such disowned family member if he/she repents, make atonements and demonstrates beyond doubt, that he/she has turned a new-page.

I think it is the way to go, to imbibe discipline in our offsprings.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Sagamite(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
djfiifi: Damn hot!

Damn right.

She is tetra paked with juice, men. grin
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
fauxxies: She is about 33 years old, beautiful but dumb. She just blew a very good opportunity. To those talking of her boobs, hmmm that is not even the koko. She is rather known for her fat ass. check it out grin grin grin
She got very large idi nla, idi nla. She wan give me very large idi nla, idi nla.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Lex11(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Rookie!... Nah, but stealing is bad.
Re: Ghana's Minister Sacked Over $1m Claim by Tapiya(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
davidonyema@yma:

when you mixed up issues like this, it becomes difficult to objectively scrutinise. This particular case did not involve the print media house in Lagos/Ibadan expressway attempting conspiracy to propagate propaganda or dishing out unbalanced biased reporting

This was from an unknown source and yet the government took it serious, if it was in Nigeria the minister would have claimed it was her detractors that planted it and the voice was manipulated to sound like her own, that's when people will start knowing Adobe premier can be used to distort the truth, if a news media in Lagos Ibadan expressway was on some propaganda was the evidence cooked up ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkey Wildfire: Terrified Tourists Rescued By Boats (Pictures, Video) / ECOWAS Leadership Will Not Accept Illegitimate Authority In Niger - Tinubu / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.