Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy (23857 Views)

Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production / Africa’s Largest Economy, Nigeria, Drops In Global Competitiveness Ranking / Nigeria Hopes To Topple South Africa As Africa's Largest Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by iterator25: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:
China is ahead of Australia and Canada in terms of GDP.
But Australia and Canada are ahead of China in terms of HDI ( Human development Index ).

People in Australia and Canada live a better life, and different standard of living as compared to people in China regardless of the size of the economy oo .

The Economy may have increased in size, but there may have been slight change or no change in HDI

SO ITS POSSIBLE PEOPLE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Be optimistic for once.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by slap1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Make I hear!
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by watered(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
If I agree let me die before tomorrow. Not with the situation of things
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by HOTsnow(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
iterator25: wasted sperm.. the article says Nigeria has overtaken SA hence she rebase her GDP.. infrastructural Development is different from gross domestic product.. please just kill yourself

I'm sorry I don't trade words wit Myopic R3tards like you.. cool
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by iterator25: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
HOTsnow:

I'm sorry I don't trade words wit Myopic R3tards like you.. cool
well you just traded words, However, let the readers give their verdict on Who the retarrd is.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Leemak: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
'ONLY ON PAPERS'
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by matty1024: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
eunisam: Like play like play we will over take China!

I hear u!!! grin grin grin Its not possible until we address the issue of power. You need power to maintain a suitable position that will place you ahead of a country like China.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Isaacpyo04(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
eddiebruk: I cannot believe Nigerians enjoy celebrating lies and silly propaganda, this is what Nigerians like, Prophesy, E-lies and Government Unfaithfulness, our mind are the most easy to deceive and this is the result of it, the only thing Nigeria can boast of as being ahead of SA is Population and Landmass , the rest are no match to be compared to with SA. if you like quote me and say rubbish, it is non of my business.
Well said...,
South africa have a bigger landmass than Nigeria. So I guess its only population left for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by olamisegbe(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
Well, I see hope no matter what
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by ghananotnaija(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nigeria can overtake China's economy for all I care. Ghana would still be a better place to live.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by sleekp1: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
China has more poor people yet is the second richest economy in the world. Be upbeat about your country.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by bigpastor(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ayam_Kay: Until i begin dey see 24 hour power supply for my area, I NO AGREE angry
since November 1st change dey for my area though not 247
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by SELFWORTH: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
yeah our ministers don't make silly statements like HIV does not cause AIDS and our president (as silly and mumuish he is) does not molest HIV positive women and take a shower to protect himself gringringrin

You were one of my favourite characters on NL.

How can you address someone old enough to be your father as silly and mumu?

I will understand if it was one of the 'usual suspects' but you. .......... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Orikinla(m): 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
But South Africa remains the biggest economy in Africa.

Based on the current data, Nigeria is Africa’s largest economy after South Africa, having overtaken Egypt in 2011. The International Monetary Fund puts Nigeria’s GDP this year at $292 billion (R2.8 trillion) and South Africa’s at $354bn.

Nigeria’s economy is growing much faster than South Africa’s: more than 6 percent this year compared with 2 percent. The gap between the two countries has been closing. And economists had forecast earlier that the country would overtake South Africa between 2020 and 2025.
http://www.iol.co.za/business/opinion/columnists/nigeria-to-overtake-sa-as-top-economy-1.1594704#.Un5SdlMsP7M
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by ozonaija(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
So even as the economy's growing in Nigeria, unemployment is actually growing at the same time, which is the result of the fact that growth is taking place in sectors that are not creating employment. So this is a major, major problem for Nigeria."

A step forward, two steps backward. *Smh*
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
I wish this news increases my income 10 times in december 2013...
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Manred0(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
angry
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by InvertedHammer: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:
China is ahead of Australia and Canada in terms of GDP.
But Australia and Canada are ahead of China in terms of HDI ( Human development Index ).

People in Australia and Canada live a better life, and different standard of living as compared to people in China regardless of the size of the economy oo .

The Economy may have increased in size, but there may have been slight change or no change in HDI

SO ITS POSSIBLE PEOPLE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Be optimistic for once.

Tell your doctor to change the medications for you.

The one you are on now is not working.

If not that I am in a good mood today, I would have said that what Nigeria has is a voodoo economy
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by jpphilips(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
lertee: Nigeria cannot be totally ruled out,our economy might not be as booming as south Africa's but we are far ahead in some other aspects. God bless Nigeria.

in prayers you mean?
economy grows by 7.5%, corruption grows by 30%, infrastructural decay grows by 20%.
nepotism further sinks the political structure by another 10%. it is only a fool that will refer to this anomie of existence as a growth.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by jpphilips(m): 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
lertee: Nigeria cannot be totally ruled out,our economy might not be as booming as south Africa's but we are far ahead in some other aspects. God bless Nigeria.

in prayers you mean?
economy grows by 7.5%, corruption grows by 30%, infrastructural decay grows by 20%.
nepotism further sinks the political structure by another 10%. it is only a fool that will refer to this anomie of existence as a growth.
I refuse to be bamboozled.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by jpphilips(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
olamisegbe: Well, I see hope no matter what

your grandfather and father were all hopeful so y not?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Chrisx1x(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Story story.who posted this?when we ar enjoying hrs of uninterupted blackout.ASUU on strike,abeg change topic jor
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by HOTsnow(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
iterator25: well you just traded words, However, let the readers give their verdict on Who the retarrd is.. cheesy
Ur famzing aint working ...*To the Left pls* undecided
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by lertee(f): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
jp philips:

in prayers you mean?
I refuse to be bamboozled.
Do you understand English?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by paix(m): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
Even d person wey dey dig well go still tell you say him dey progress.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by dokunbam(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
is this a joke or what!

that must be a lie

April is far oo abeg

Let me go and read again
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by jpphilips(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
lertee:
Do you understand English?

are you menstruating?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by chineloSA(f): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
InvertedHammer:

If not that I am in a good mood today, I would have said that what Nigeria has is a voodoo economy

I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you've never used it. Being rude does not make your point to be louder and more intelligent. Its still wack. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Debate with points and prove me wrong and stop behaving like a bush pig. smdh angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by PHIPEX(m): 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Why not ask google to tell you the difference between Economic growth and Economic development instead of insulting someone who is very much on point. Nigeria is not overtaking SA in economic development but in economic growth, the two terms are not the same.

Brazil is the 6th largest economy in the world but it is not a developed country.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Have they thrown the joke section in the dustbin??
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by cdekj(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Rome Was not built in a day.
With discipline Nigeria would be fully established
Re: Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy by lertee(f): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
jp philips:

are you menstruating?
Did you just splash?
I can see English is too hard for you to comprehend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Register A Business In Nigeria / I'm Not A Co-owner Of Execujet - Dangote / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mohammed Balarabe As Acting Managing Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.