Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG (57869 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Gives Conditions To End Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by boniflex(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ifyikillz: I dont know about fg oo, buh u c dis lecturers i know dem wella,, there is nothing they will say dat can make me support their cause, because even if all d 2009 agreement are met, nothing good will come out of it.. Many of them are empty headed, most of my lecturers use out dated notes, some dont come to class at all, buh de will set exams, i ask some of my lecturers questions and they tremble, stammer even dodge d question . Tell me how all dis huge sums am hearing will change all of this,. The fact is u can't give wat u don't have. All this lecturers should be screened and when that is done u will find out dat 70 percent of them are incompetent..
Last bullet - these lecturers are not concerned about d students, e no concern them at all, its all about them, and dats wicked,. In my school i pay for ict, sport, blah blah blah, every session, these fees are fixed into d school fees, computer i no c, ordinary ball sef i no c, tell me what they do with all this money. I no fg aint sincere buh dis lecturers own na im worst pass, dem for talk say dem de find as dem go carry chop for d national cake instead of all dis poo. Abeg no vex if ur papa or mama na lecturer o, i just talk my mind
ITS BAD
walahi you just spoke my mind.... All dis stupid lecturers want is enough money to dangle and tempt our young girls into sleeping wit them, useless people Fg nah unah dey look there faces anyway I reserve d rest...
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by boniflex(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
efedavies: we keep saying can FG be trusted?my question is after all the display by ASUU can they also be trusted
gbam better question
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by sCun: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
When the strike is called off, do not be surprised if the schools start exams two weeks after without covering the course outlines. Some of these so called lecturers only lecture once in a semester, but when it is time for exams, their questions are there waiting for yoy. I know we love criticising the govt, but we need to hold our university lecturers to ransome too, they are by no means perfect. Infact, 50% of the problems in our universities can be traced to them.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by speaktogen(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Needless to say, you are the real extremist. But before I descend into typing anything I might look back and deem cringeworthy, pray tell, Is Faggae not just one man? Is he going to be the sole beneficiary of the tertiary educational sector reforms? Have the lecturers come to you to cry Faggae is holding them duress?

Anyway, we are well aware of your type-- Wishy-washy with no sense of purpose or determination.

OP, ASUU has not only a shown by this pronouncement that it is largely an intellectual body, it has also shown that it is smart and street-wise. I mean, the FG or the administration after this may maliciously wake up tomorrow to deny knowledge of this agreement as this government did the 2009 one. Its as simply as a case of "once beaten..." If ASUU insists Ban ki moon must sign sef I won't fault them. j/k.

I too don't trust the FG one bit!
U re d1 typin sayin rubish, u sound like one of dem(ASUU) greedy losers!!! #TeamFGdonTRY
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by UnlimiteD001: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
olu_kenzo :

Needless to say, you are the real extremist. But before I descend into typing anything I might look back and deem cringeworthy, pray tell, Is Faggae not just one man? Is he going to be the sole beneficiary of the tertiary educational sector reforms? Have the lecturers come to you to cry Faggae is holding them duress?

Anyway, we are well aware of your type-- Wishy-washy with no sense of purpose or determination.

OP, ASUU has not only a shown by this pronouncement that it is largely an intellectual body, it has also shown that it is smart and street-wise. I mean, the FG or the administration after this may maliciously wake up tomorrow to deny knowledge of this agreement as this government did the 2009 one. Its as simply as a case of "once beaten..." If ASUU insists Ban ki moon must sign sef I won't fault them. j/k.

I think ASUU is on course. Enough of this buck passing n broad day denial within d fed govt.

Infact I'll also have to sign d document myself..
Hit "like" if you want to be a signatory to the document!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by UnlimiteD001: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
olu_kenzo :

I think ASUU is on course. Enough of this buck passing n broad day denial within d fed govt.

Infact I'll also have to sign d document myself..
Hit "like" if you want to be a signatory to the document!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:
I was getting a little irritated myself about the long silence from ASUU since the meeting with GEJ. Given the OP's post however, I see things differently now. If we need to take a few extra days and steps to make sure we won't have to go on another protracted strike in the next few years, so be it. I'm happy that most folks here seem to share the same view.

Why will you not support this kind of open-ended political strike with the false claim that it will end strikes forever! Are there not strikes in America and Europe? SMH
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
sCun: When the strike is called off, do not be surprised if the schools start exams two weeks after without covering the course outlines. Some of these so called lecturers only lecture once in a semester, but when it is time for exams, their questions are there waiting for yoy. I know we love criticising the govt, but we need to hold our university lecturers to ransome too, they are by no means perfect. Infact, 50% of the problems in our universities can be traced to them.

So what are you students going to do about it, other than whine?
Nigerians love whining when they could be engaging their faculties to seek solutions or palliatives.
If FG is not ready to demand for performance from "lecturers", what about you the students? Oh, that's right. You'd rather take it and complain ceaselessly on this forum.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Why will you not support this kind of open-ended political strike with the false claim that it will end strikes forever! Are there not strikes in America and Europe? SMH
What exactly are you sayin' o? Spell it out.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kingsleyinfo: Truth be told, this issue goes both ways.
Firstly I would put responsibility on the hands of the FG.
They must do the needful, and carve out a sustainable structure
For the educational sector. Enough of all these lies, the government should
Be the one making policies to better the educational standards of our universities.
ASUU is only doing what the FG has refused to do.

If we had a functional rather than a political ministry of education, my guess would
Be that ASUU would be given standards to meet up to not the other way round. They have
Every right to demand for documents, govt. should not politicise this issue, its not time to, act like they care, when the only thing they want to do is give a public show. We are tired of these movies.

As one who has passed through the Nigerian system of education, I can relate with what ASUU is demanding.
If the FG is sincere they would look critically into the issue and develop a frame work that is both practicable, and repeatable. Bring all the stakeholders together, and speak the truth for once, then deliver on your promise, with a clause in the document, that would also hold ASUU or who ever is at the receiving end accountable.

Truth be told, the entire educational system needs to be overhauled, not just funded alone. There is the need for a complete structural, and intellectual adjustment.

All parties involved are culpable for the rot in the educational system, so everyone should clean her eyes first.

After four months of students staying at home, its better they get a solid agreement, than a mushroom arrangement, just because they want school to resume.

Call it tough love, or whatever, things just have to change.

What is a solid agreement? For ASUU to control the university lands and infrastructure and retire at 70 years? ASUU are cheap criminals on a blackmail mission. so sad!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

What exactly are you sayin' o? Spell it out.

I have said what I have said. There is nothing to spell out. This is cheap political blackmail and you will definitely support it because you are a part of the rot!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by philfearon(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Demdem: In summary, ASUU do not trust govt. Only fools will.
Good demands from ASUU demanding that all affected government agencies should sign the commitment. They should also make sure that that useless David mark sign.
ASUU has mastered the means of holding the govt by its balls.
Even if the Whole Nigerians should sign the Documents,if The President them refuse to honour it in the future,na only talk we go talk.........Nothing More!!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus: you are a part of the rot!
Hope you will be lucky enough to have the sort of motivations *I* have for doing my job. I think a fair number of people "know" enough about me on Nairaland to know what you just said is hokum.

What I have found is that people who have nothing to offer are those who complain the loudest. Truly intelligent folks are usually busy working out and putting forward *concrete* suggestions, not lying down and wallowing in the obvious.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

What is a solid agreement? For ASUU to control the university lands and infrastructure and retire at 70 years? ASUU are cheap criminals on a blackmail mission. so sad!

I am very sure you missed my first line.

If you didn't, I would advise you read what you quoted, to get the totality of my post.
ASUU are criminals, and the FG are saints....... grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by teebabe17(f): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
>>OPEN LETTER TO ASUU
. DEAR ASUU;
The LAZY STUDENTS OF NIGERIA (LSN)
have agreed to
resume school on July 1, 2014 because
pregnant students must
deliver and hustling students must all
hammer..
So kindly reject every offer from the
Federal Government till
next year..
. Yours lovely..thanks
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
tsleazy: dnt worry bros, we already know say u neva enter skul...

With that talkless.....yes he hasn't.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

Hope you will be lucky enough to have the sort of motivations *I* have for doing my job. I think a fair number of people "know" enough about me on Nairaland to know what you just said is hokum.

What I have found is that people who have nothing to offer are those who complain the loudest. Truly intelligent folks are usually busy working out and putting forward *concrete* suggestions, not lying down and wallowing in the obvious.

Your claim to some sort of pseudo intelligence is very laughable. You hold an opinion that is in your one selfish interest and claim anyone who calls you out is less intelligent. SMH! Typical opposition style!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

I am very sure you missed my first line.

If you didn't, I would advise you read what you quoted, to get the totality of my post.
ASUU are criminals, and the FG are saints....... grin grin grin

So if the FG are criminals, ASUU should join them in the scam and steal from us too? Please tell me more
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ifyikillz: I dont know about fg oo, buh u c dis lecturers i know dem wella,, there is nothing they will say dat can make me support their cause, because even if all d 2009 agreement are met, nothing good will come out of it.. Many of them are empty headed, most of my lecturers use out dated notes, some dont come to class at all, buh de will set exams, i ask some of my lecturers questions and they tremble, stammer even dodge d question . Tell me how all dis huge sums am hearing will change all of this,. The fact is u can't give wat u don't have. All this lecturers should be screened and when that is done u will find out dat 70 percent of them are incompetent..
Last bullet - these lecturers are not concerned about d students, e no concern them at all, its all about them, and dats wicked,. In my school i pay for ict, sport, blah blah blah, every session, these fees are fixed into d school fees, computer i no c, ordinary ball sef i no c, tell me what they do with all this money. I no fg aint sincere buh dis lecturers own na im worst pass, dem for talk say dem de find as dem go carry chop for d national cake instead of all dis poo. Abeg no vex if ur papa or mama na lecturer o, i just talk my mind
ITS BAD

You're as bad as your lecturers..........why would they bother to improve? Look at your words.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by sCun: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
prof.femi:

So what are you students going to do about it, other than whine?
Nigerians love whining when they could be engaging their faculties to seek solutions or palliatives.
If FG is not ready to demand for performance from "lecturers", what about you the students? Oh, that's right. You'd rather take it and complain ceaselessly on this forum.
Did you see where I wrote ''we need to hold them to ransome''? Or are you another of the brainless professors?
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
ferdimako:

You're as bad as your lecturers..........why would they bother to improve? Look at your words.

Who told you ASUU wants to improve? Or maybe you mean improve their pockets with more dollars! cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
sCun: When the strike is called off, do not be surprised if the schools start exams two weeks after without covering the course outlines. Some of these so called lecturers only lecture once in a semester, but when it is time for exams, their questions are there waiting for yoy. I know we love criticising the govt, but we need to hold our university lecturers to ransome too, they are by no means perfect. Infact, 50% of the problems in our universities can be traced to them.
Do you plan to teach after your graduation? It starts from you!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus: You hold an opinion that is in your one selfish interest...
It is obvious that people who can be objective and sincere are rare in your circles.
Go through any number of my posts on Nairaland, and it should be clear that I never mince words in apportioning blame, either to FG, to ASUU, or the students.

Anyway, as I asked above, what are *you* going to do about it? Other than hiss and throw a fit?
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

Who told you ASUU wants to improve? Or maybe you mean improve their pockets with more dollars! cheesy

But when folks who cheat right from their O'levels get admitted. How can they challenge what they are being taught? You get the kind of lecturers that you deserve............so why would the system improve? Answer!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
WRITING AGREEMENT IN 9JA IS LIKE WRITING AGREEMENT ON AN ICE CUBE. NO FORM OF DOCUMENT IS BINDING IN 9JA.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by proffemi: 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
sCun: Did you see where I wrote ''we need to hold them to ransome
How?
Students need to learn to go beyond the obvious. I do not see any threads on Nairaland where students try to be creative in solving their problems. I even threw out a few suggestions, but no one picked them up, because like I said, for the typical Nigerian, it is enough to simply vent.

*I'm going to ignore your brainless prof comment because I am not interested in exchanging abuses (time too precious for that). I am however always interested in showing people that they can be much, much more.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: Well done ASUU I pray God gives you victory in this fight. It is very sad today when I sit in my class today with students from other countries and I continuously see the gaps/loopholes in my first degree sometimes it is embarrassing but thank God we now have so many opportunities to increase our knowledge outside the classroom, these opportunities are non-existent in the Nigerian education sector. Very sad that students have to loose so much time but the injustice done to our education system is mind blowing I plead with Nigerian students to be patient and if possible rise up to also fight the Government this may seem like a battle between ASUU and FGN but it is not it is actually between FGN and Nigerian citizens

You still need alot of catching-ups.English class!
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by theoctopus: 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
ferdimako:

But when folks who cheat right from their O'levels get admitted. How can they challenge what they are being taught? You get the kind of lecturers that you deserve............so why would the system improve? Answer!

You are a real irony! When folks cheat, is ASUU not part of the cheating? Are they not the ones who students go to for blocking? Since when did ASUU become the victims? This is all politics my friend. Why did ASUU not protest against Fashola's increase of school fees by 100% if they really care about students? WHen Fashola used the police to harras students, why did ASUU not come to their defense? Yeye ASUU! Criminals
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2013
theoctopus:

So if the FG are criminals, ASUU should join them in the scam and steal from us too? Please tell me more
Again did you read my first line and subsequently the entire post....

Guy I weak for you sha.
If you nor fit read English, abeg copy my post and make Google translate am to language
U fit understand.

I say, the issue na two side e go.......
That is ASUU get e part, FG get I'm own too..... Hope u get am now..... grin grin grin

Chai I fear some people comprehension skills o......
Maybe ASUU should also ask for English language to be compulsory from 100 to final year in all disciplines.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
This goes a long way to show that the people dont trust Mr. President any longer. GEJ should pls get rid of people like Anyim and his Chief of Staff who have continued to shield him from the truth and realities. This is disasterous.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by Sike(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Go! Go!! Go ASUU!!! It's your Birthday... And we gonna party like, it your Birthday.
Re: ASUU Gives New Conditions To FG by adrandan: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Napoleondegreat: And tell me now that person that says ASUU is not an arm of the opposition party. What on earth could stop this people from telling the president that they need all Nigerians to sign their agreement with fg during the 13 hour meeting with Gej? Too Many questions are begging for answers in this ASUU/opposition gang-up against the fg and Nigerian students. 1 why were Nasir Fagae and co unable to take decisions on behalf of the people they claim to represent? 2 Why didn't he present the entire ASUU body to Gej since he cannot speak for them? 3 What is the need for his position if he can't take critical decisions in time of need?. 4 Do our various representatives in the national assembly come back to us each time a bill is to be passed in the house to ask for decision they should take on the bill? The fact that fagae and co failed to take decision for ASUU is a complete deception except to any mind that can't reason. If u quote me and talk rubish then God will handle ur affairs the way ASUU has handled Nigerian student for the past 4 months.

You really shown that u dont understand unionism...the leader must consult his constituency b4 taking vital decisions that directly affects them...ASUU is closer to the masses than u think...they are also average Nigerians like u and i ..thank God they can arrest the govt as they are doing now..Also, they may have their own lapses but the fact still remains that the govt need to understand its duties and perform it if it wants to avoid this kind of mess...Let us support ASUU we can still trust them better than an average Nigerian politician in office...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / See Why Male Students Don't Pay Attention In School (photo) / 10 English Sentences That Can Make You Appear As A 'Quarter-Baked' Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.