Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (22618 Views)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by chifreke(f): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
yes!
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
You need to prevent certain problems before they happen by checking your partner's phone once in a while. It is also good for preserving the relationship's longevity.

Check, at least, once a month. But when you start seeing some crazy stuff, check the phone once or twice or more (depending on crazy stuff frequency) a week to gather enough evidence.

But make sure you don't get caught doing it, because your partner will then know you don't trust him/her and which may cause more problems in the relationship.

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by rossete2020(f): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
NO!!! 2 avoid unnecessary suspense
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
rossete2020: NO!!! 2 avoid unnecessary suspense

If you have nothing to hide, why the suspense?

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by mkoabiola: 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
No prob,u ar free to check,but anytin ur eyes see take am lik dat.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
My wife and I have full access to each other's phone, bank cards, money, cars. You name it.
Because we are very open to each other, trust each other, love each other very well and communicate extraordinarily well.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by yeshuahuois: 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
Our deepest secret is our unclothedness,you reveal it to your spouse without reservation and then hide your phone from him/her?hey,you're cheating.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by seangy4konji: 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
never check my phone...If i forget to put password and you see a txt from a concubine?do not ask me about it because you checked it and might result in a slap..so anything you see when you check?you accept like dat
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Heffalump(m): 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am really surprise at the response of some fellows here (either married or unmarried). Am actually against the married people who think it's wrong for couples to access each other's phone. You can only trust your partner based on the full knowledge you've got about him or her. Not by what you imagine! Besides, in marriage, two people are united to become one body and so whatever belongs to one, belongs to the other. There should be no problem accessing each other's phone if you don't have something to hide. I strongly believe that those against this have dirty plans, like the saying goes....."THE GUILTY ARE AFRAID".
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
This is M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊
Favorite thread of †ђξ
Month.... I love every posts

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2013
Absolutely won't allow it
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 12:57am On Nov 12, 2013
Guyman02: Since my wife got an appointment that pays her well, she has started locking her phones so that I wont find out when bank alerts come into her phone and how much money she makes; ordinarily I dont even go checking her phone.

As a husband my phones are open without code but hers is coded and she refused to give me the password when I requested for it (wouldnt have asked if it was open and I dont even go to her phone) and thats making me to believe now that there is something she is hiding from me. Please somebody should advise me before I destroy those gadgets she calls phones.
A poster here talked about how his wife built a house without his knowledge and did all the transactions for several months during the building erection until he heard it from the rumour mills and confirmed it to be true.
What do I do now please, do I just ignore her totally or insist on her keeping her phones uncoded or give me the password?

Not good in marriage for a partner to start hiding things from the other partner. She has something u won't like in that phone. Make sure u find out what's in the phone on the spot, don't let her go away with the phone without inspection or else she will remove the bad stuff and then give u the phone. Force her by saying u will accuse her of cheating if she doesn't comply. If she's still reluctant, threaten her with divorce and if she still refuses, then you've real problem in your hand. The marriage not important to her and she can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 1:02am On Nov 12, 2013
seangy4konji: never check my phone...If i forget to put password and you see a txt from a concubine?do not ask me about it because you checked it and might result in a slap..so anything you see when you check?you accept like dat

It seems you're a dumb woman beater.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by NobleG1(m): 1:16am On Nov 12, 2013
veave: I dont use passwords on my fones. clean people do not use it either...
wetin you dey hide sef? someone like me wey sabi unlock fones you go just dey waste your time.
NB: ladies, run away from anyone who has a password... their heart black well well...
Abek r nor fit shat!

There's absolutely nothing wrong in locking your phone as long as partner has the code.
A locked phone protects owner's private content in case of theft and also prevent your friends from snooping on your partner's nude pics (if you're the crazy one), dirty erotic words in SMS/chats & other private stuffs.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2013
Shining mama: It is advisable to stop checking your partner's fone, the last time I did that I saw what made me up to dis day not to trust my hubby. Infact, I saw a text he sent to a friend that he miss his ex p---y. So they both planned to hook up with them for the weekend.

For those saying dat anybody that has a password on his or her phone is a cheat should guess again...above is a post from shinning mama confesing dat her husband was planing to cheat on her after having access to her husband phone...some men will cheat whether u have access to their phone or not
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2013
Am vindicated.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 12, 2013
YES! Unless any of the spouse has a full cementry in the backyard (hyperbolically)
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 12, 2013
Lifemost: Am vindicated.

How do u mean
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deor03(m): 8:48am On Nov 12, 2013
I have been with my wife for 13 years ( Married for 7) , She has access to all my gadgets, ( Password , screen unlock pattern etc).

She has password to my email address, ATM and bank account. You know what it makes life easier for everyone and no need to be acting James Bond within your own home.

I bet you, If She has all these access and see nothing incriminatiing for years, she will never attempt to start snooping on you
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by snoopzilla: 9:15am On Nov 12, 2013
@zakc,
This is link i was talking about where you can get a US Number on your Naija sim, that enables you to Make call (with US caller i.d), Receive calls and Sms. http://usacallsms.com

You dont need an app or software, just make use of your phone.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Ngokafor(f): 10:24am On Nov 12, 2013
I guess they should,but if it's to monitor their spouse,then sorry it may not work cos most serial cheats are masters of deleting immediately any dodgy sms they send or recieve..

...as for me,i'll mostly use his phone to take pictures of my self!..hehe!..no time for snooping and giving myself HBP...
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2013
Ngokafor: I guess they should,but if it's to monitor their spouse,then sorry it may not work cos most serial cheats are masters of deleting immediately any dodgy sms they send or recieve..

...as for me,i'll mostly use his phone to take pictures of my self!..hehe!..no time for snooping and giving myself HBP...

Thank u
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by mariblizzy(f): 10:51am On Nov 12, 2013
For me i fink there is know bill deal to have my Husband go through my phone because for the 2 shall become 1! But if its just a boyfriend or ά relationship that is not to serious then some person can restrict that, №† to not touch it oh but Ũ will not always carry the phone to search and see what i have been up to! Gam
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2013
deor03: I have been with my wife for 13 years ( Married for 7) , She has access to all my gadgets, ( Password , screen unlock pattern etc).

She has password to my email address, ATM and bank account. You know what it makes life easier for everyone and no need to be acting James Bond within your own home.

I bet you, If She has all these access and see nothing incriminatiing for years, she will never attempt to start snooping on you

Then u should be grateful to God for ur wife
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2013
oguash: its good for the man to have access but not the woman
Why?
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by olisachris: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2013
Let the checking and assessing be for men, afterall they are the ones paying grin
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
From d posts so far, u will notice most women supports d idea and most men don't support it. I personally don't like d idea cos I luv my privacy so much. My mum says I'm too clean and too meticulous. I don't like any of my things to be touched. I want to meet it d way I left it. Besides checking of fones has broken more homes. It will only cause more harm to d marriage. So y bother. I don't Check my babe's fone cos I don't Want to be bothered wit anything apart from making money. No one can check my own fone cos my password bad gan. Capital cases, numbers and 6 different symbols.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by SexyLadyJ: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
loswhite: The fact that u trust sumbody doesn't mean the person can't do otherwise o. Trust is earned over time. If u hav nothing to hide in the first place, why should married ppl have problems goin through each other's phones? Why make it make big deal?how can sumbody be married and still say I want privacy meaning u want
freedom from the intrusion of others in your private life or affairs. Finally how do we define ur married life and ur private life abi private life na only phone

Abeg help me ask dem ooo.......
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by neey1051(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
sunex: if deer is no skeleton in d fone I don't see any reason y married piple shouldn't check each oda's fone .
Skeleton in the Phone.. shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
neey1051:
Skeleton in the Phone.. shocked shocked shocked grin grin

She doesnt mean a real skeleton na
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by desthan(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nna men, i tried that before, but rather than my wife seeing that as a privilege, she took it as her right and formed the habit of always transferring my call unit to her phone without asking me. I couldn't have suspected her because i ''trust'' her not to take what is not hers without asking, so i took my problem to my service provider, and to my greatest surprise, they gave me a break down of how 30k left my number to a particular number within a period of time.

After confronting her, i just locked my phone so as not to encourage petty pilfering in the guise of ''i am taking my husband's money''

As for her phone, i do not have any business with it, i cannot be thinking of how to provide for them and at the same time, wondering what is going on in my wife's life, that she wouldn't feel free to discuss it with me.

Everybody for him self, All Man for God...
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by HARDDON: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
deols:

low lives quoting me these days...

had tot IT reasons with ITs head not Its flat butt..... embarassed embarassed

i'd let it slide, IT aint worth ma while

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake? / My Wife Nags A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.