Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 (17111 Views)

Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ / 666 Aka The Mark Of The Beast: President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? (2) (3) (4)

Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by peteregwu(m): 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
A high school student from Kentucky recently passed up an opportunity to participate in the regional cross country championships after she was assigned 666 as her bib number.

Junior Codie Thacker attends Whitley County High School in Williamsburg. She states that she has prepared since June to participate in the regional championships, but laid it all down when faced with the choice of keeping her number or honoring God.

Her coach, Gina Croley, told reporters that when she discovered that the number 666 had been assigned to Thacker, she knew that Thacker wouldn’t wear it. Croley was right.

“It’s the mark of the beast; that’s what the Bible says,” Thacker told television station WLEX-TV, referring to the citation in Revelation 13:18.

Croley thought that the situation could be rectified quickly simply by assigning another number to the student.

“I’m very sure that the number was computer generated,” she told WYMT-TV. “I don’t think it was any type of, you know, ‘Let’s give somebody this number,’ but when it was brought to their attention, I feel like if it were possible, it could have been changed.”

However, when both Croley and Thacker approached officials in hopes of obtaining a new bib number, they were denied. After failed attempts to have the number changed via three separate officials, Thacker decided to drop out of the race.
Connect with Christian News

“I told them to mark out my name because it makes me sick just thinking that my name is associated with that number,” she said.

Thacker also stated that she didn’t feel it would be right to sport the number as a Christian.

“I didn’t want to risk my relationship with God and try to take that number,” she advised.

But there remains disagreement between the Kentucky High School Athletic Association and Thacker in regard to the request. Association officials state that they did not know that Thacker’s desire for a new number was associated with her religious beliefs, or they would have honored the request. However, Thacker states that she and Croley were clear about why she could not wear 666 on her bib.

Nonetheless, Thacker says that she believes she made the right decision and would do it again if faced with the same choice.

“[O]f course I was upset, because I’d trained all season for it,” she said. “But in another sense, I stood up for my beliefs and I stood up for God.”

Coach Croley agreed.

“I wouldn’t have been more [pleased with] her if she won the entire meet,” she told reporters. “She stood on her principles; she stood for what she believed in.”

While some have remarked that they found the issue to be trivial, others have been supportive of Thacker’s decision.
http://christiannews.net/2013/11/07/christian-cross-country-runner-passes-up-championships-after-being-assigned-666-for-bib-number/

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Dubby6(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
I don't want to say anything oo but what if the '666' number was ur admission number? cos I have a friend whose admin.number is 06/666..will u reject the admission? So if she was given 419, she'll also reject? Cos its also associated with evil For me I think its not about the number but what u have in mind.

Everybody with their mentalities

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Holuwahphemy(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Very thoughtful of her

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by ckkris: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Many, around the world, will not accept the real 666 whenever it commences.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by alotofgrace(m): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2013
I'm proud

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by PECO4KING(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2013
ckkris: Many, around the world, will not accept the real 666 whenever it commences.

Let the time comes you will know many will accept with serious torture.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Big4wig(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2013
I don't blame her sha,guess she has her reasons.

Blessed is the babe that soaketh garri and kulikuli with her boyfriend, for she alone deserves all the sharwama and KFC when money comes.

#BIGWIG

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2013
lol,she should just say she is afraid to compete why lie about an ordinary number? tongue

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by AlphaMaximus(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2013

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Opiachrist(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2013
These ppl are taking religion too far

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2013
A number is just a number. I don't know why people read meanings into everything. Though i know some people just don't want to have anything to do with strange things. I remember when my Email inbox was showing 666 unread messages and i had to read some to reduce it to 663 but it kept getting back to 666, so i logged into my other mail and just sent a dummy message to make it 667 grin

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2013
Religiomania...666 is just another number.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by haibe(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2013
if she really hated 666, she should have killed herself on the 6th of june 2006, 6/6/6.

What matters is your faith, if she really is a sound Christian nothing will fear her.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Dygeasy(m): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2013
I Don't Really Understand What The Fuss Is About This Set Of Numbers.

Could Somebody Help With The Bible Passage That Specifically And Categorically Cites This Number. Tenq.

I Don't Have Any Reservations About It Though. Its All Of The Mind IMO.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Lilaex: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2013
Stewpid girl
Tabh: lol,she should just say she is afraid to compete why lie about an ordinary number? tongue

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by fasho01(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2013
I don't know why a lot of people attach religious sentiments to issues. Yea.. Fine she stood up for what she believed in but this is just a race & not an anti-christ thing. I wonder if she would have still maintained her position if it was a matter of life & death lipsrsealed

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by NosaHenry(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2013
She is just making a hype out of nothing. Probably she knew she does not stand a chance in the race. People have used that number since creation. If she was asked to count 1- 1000 in an exam, is she going to jump 666.
Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Dygeasy(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva: A number is just a number. I don't know why people read meanings into everything. Though i know some people just don't want to have anything to do with strange things. I remember when my Email inbox was showing 666 unread messages and i had to read some to reduce it to 663 but it kept getting back to 666, so i logged into my other mail and just sent a dummy message to make it 667 grin
Hahaha cheesy

Unconsciously That Thing Got Into Your Mind. Somewhere At The Back You Were Thinking About It.

Lol..
Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by ednut1(m): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Prolly gonna end in hell anyways
Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 10, 2013
abeg jare! free d girl. she did d right thing. u never can tell how d devil z gonna operate

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2013
Nonsense, my birthday in 2006 was on 06-06-06, june 6 2006, 666.

What should I now do, go and kill myself? Rubbish!

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by kevoh(m): 10:57am On Nov 10, 2013
Oh if my account balance could be N666,666,666.00 I would even appeal to the bank to change my account name to The 666 Man.
All these paranoia because of a number. Mtcheww!

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by haibe(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2013
§£xY•—•W¡†cH™:
abeg jare! free d girl. she did d right thing. u never can tell how d devil z gonna operate

ignorance at its peak.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2013
PECO4KING:

Let the time comes you will know many will accept with serious torture.
u might break but i wont
Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by oluakadinma: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2013
Some people will be like" its just a number or three digit figure" but I say unto thee, the bible is indeed a book of life! They bible says, on the last days, fools will say that there is no God. And that prophesy has been fulfilled today! Atheist on Rampage! The bible was written years before you were born you confusionist called Atheist. Woe betide you who bringeth this prophesy to conclusion. Judas............

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by dridowu: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2013
666 will surely kill some people

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by ChiSun27(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2013
To what she believes sha...guess she just wanted to please her conscience.
Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by Andyblaze: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Good thing she refused to wore it. Because if she has worn it, her pastor will have critisize her, then her family will defend her, then there will quarrel in their church, then the members will start to fought, then christians will start to debate, them muslims will join the debate, then they will begin to fought, then war will start, then we will all went extinct

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by captcharles(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013
choice is what every one is faced with every day of our lives,and what aid u as a person in making chioces is what u believe in...gud or bad,so this young lady here has made hers cus she believes the numbe 666 is evil,anti christ...so do must christains...so i respect her opinion and wil emulate her stand.

Re: Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 by AbuMikey(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013

If it were me,I wouldn't have accepted the bib!!

Very thoughtful of her cool

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / Kidnapped Kaduna RCCG Members Released – Adeboye Announces / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article