Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18421 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by pek(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2013
mrphysics: its nt in d church brother, apostle paul said they shud ask dia husband questions @ home and nt to teach where men r in d church, also women can preach when they have women meeting like C.G.I.T, bt in d church pls and pls its nt biblical and it was never recorded in d bible
are you a Presbyterian?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by elsholz(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2013
the word of God is for all ages
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Iruolycious(f): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2013
doofanc:

well, it doesn't explicitly say so.

However, if you the read d entire chapter, you observe the admonition seem to be directed at married women, i.e, a woman preaching in gathering where her husband is present was deemed unacceptable.

futhermore, the explanations given all point towards that direction. notice he talked abt ''usurping the authority of THE MAN (her husband, most likely). I dont see how an unmarried woman can usurp the authority of anorher man.

again notice in vs13-14, he draws a parallel with Adam and Eve (man and wife) and lastly in verse 15 he talks abt childbearing, which is of course ppoints to married couple.

it is very possible women were becoming incresingly assertive and talking down their husbands right in the congregation, something which be taboo under the highly patriachial Jewish socity then. Paul had to sort that out, hence his letter.

my conclusion? i strongly belive if its a segrgated gathering, then shouldn't be a problem if a lady decides to lead. likewise in a gathering of mainly the unmarried eg campus/youth fellowship a lady can also take the lead.

caveat: personal take on d issue
Where ever more than 2 pple r gathered in God's name is a church. Weda it is in a building, under a tree or open air. Weda there r only women in attendance or not. Church isn't a building. She shuld learn in silence and not teach cos she can easily b decive, just like Eve was.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Iruolycious(f): 9:38am On Nov 11, 2013
doofanc:

well, it doesn't explicitly say so.

However, if you the read d entire chapter, you observe the admonition seem to be directed at married women, i.e, a woman preaching in gathering where her husband is present was deemed unacceptable.

futhermore, the explanations given all point towards that direction. notice he talked abt ''usurping the authority of THE MAN (her husband, most likely). I dont see how an unmarried woman can usurp the authority of anorher man.

again notice in vs13-14, he draws a parallel with Adam and Eve (man and wife) and lastly in verse 15 he talks abt childbearing, which is of course ppoints to married couple.

it is very possible women were becoming incresingly assertive and talking down their husbands right in the congregation, something which be taboo under the highly patriachial Jewish socity then. Paul had to sort that out, hence his letter.

my conclusion? i strongly belive if its a segrgated gathering, then shouldn't be a problem if a lady decides to lead. likewise in a gathering of mainly the unmarried eg campus/youth fellowship a lady can also take the lead.

caveat: personal take on d issue
It doesnt matter weda d men there r married or single. She shuldn't evn ask a question weda up on d alter or on her sit. Inoda words, a woman shuldn't play active roles in any church gathering. It doesn't matter d age or status of those in attendance. It didn't say it's a sin if she does odawise sha. It's d unrighteous dat wuldnt ingerit d kingdom of God and not women that Teach d Bible.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Chyluv1000(f): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2013
It does nt mean dat women shld nt tak part in these activities,, bt dey shld do it in a submissive way,, afterall God gave dem d anointing nd grace
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Because of one single verse taken out of context, you are saying this? Is this even logical to you sir
the Lord said anyone who remove or add too wat he d Lord has said same be applied too him..so will say its just a context..broda dnt argue bible..God is not an author of confussion..he said I have mercy to who I want too have mercy on..make we just try our best too win heaven nd not argue bible..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2013
Chyluv1000: It does nt mean dat women shld nt tak part in these activities,, bt dey shld do it in a submissive way,, afterall God gave dem d anointing nd grace
God bless u my dear..how many of them ar submissive wen we hear of sex in the altar..ahhh..God has so manytins too judge.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

I advise you to read 1st Timothy chapter 2 from begining to the end. You might learn from it.
it shows how paul was/is a sexist cheesy..

Women are not permitted to preach in church coz of eve hahaha
#smh4 christainity
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
ebode: In our daily lives as christain our major duty is to imitate christ. Wen christ chose his disciple only men where selected. Wen he fed the people with 5 loaf of bread and 2 fish only men. There are oda example, so its not just Paul opinion, even master Jesus left a legacy we should follow. Dont miss read the bible to prove ur stupid opinion. Dat is of u undastand simple english
what are you saying?!..
Jesus dint chose those 12 coz they were men .

Have you been reading your bible?! And Jesus fed only men with 5 breads and 2 fishes

Huh?? We should simply conclude,Jesus and God are for men alone!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2013

1st cor 13vs 44-45
Says women should keep quiet.
.a law by paul

But in ;
1cor 11vs5
But every woman that prayeth or prophetsieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her
Head ...

Another law by paul;

It shows women really shouldnt keep quiet,except if you mean no words are being uttered during prophecy..

While Paul wrote his response (our Scriptures of 1Corinthians) BACK to the Corinthian church, he previously and thoroughly read THEIR LETTER that they sent to him ─ 1Corinthians 7:1, "Now concerning things whereof YOU WROTE UNTO ME...." In fact, he wrote down parts of their letter back to them and rebuked them for their foolish teachings.Paul established through his entire letter and particularly in chapters 11 thru 14 that there is no difference between a male and female being appointed and/or receiving the gifts, callings and offices of Christ. Before he wrote down their "foolish scripture" that they wrote to him, he wrote this preface: "God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints" (1Corinthians 14:33). Then in verses 34-35 he repeated what they first wrote to him: "Let your women keep silent in the churches:for it is not permitted unto them tospeak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the Law. And if they will learn any thing let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."Immediately after Paul wrote this, the next word he wrote was,"WHAT?" (v36). In the Greek, the word "what" is a negative disclaimer. We would say, "What, are you nuts?" Paul said, "What? Came the word of God out from you? Or did it come unto you only?" (v36). Meaning, that the previous statement that he wrote from the letter he received from them referring that women are to keep silent in the church was not from God at all. In fact, it was pure silliness. He just got done writing in a few paragraphs previous to this what we now know as 1Corinthians 11:1-16, establishing that when women prophesy or pray in the church they are to have their heads covered. "But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered…." needs to put on her head covering and then it would be acceptable (1Corinthians 11:5). Praying and prophesying involves "speaking," so it is obvious Paul was refuting this idea that it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.2 Tim 2:9-15 does not mention a gathering for worship and is probably discussing matters in the family setting where we know a husband is head of his wife, therefore he would be the one teaching the family. Note the reference to childbearing in verse 15 is not a church matter but a private family matter. Also, Paul was not saying a woman could not teach a man.

The law in cor, definately was for the people of cor,probable because of the ways their churches were going..
And besides,the passage was talking about married women...not all women..of corinthians

Women are allowed to preach in ALL gatherings if they are appointed.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
it shows how paul was/is a sexist cheesy..

Women are not permitted to preach in church coz of eve hahaha
#smh4 christainity

I am quite sure you are joking.
So when Paul says what favours women,he is inspired by God,but when he preaches what does not favour women,he is speaking for himself and he is a sexist.
I find this your selective Christianity interesting.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

I am quite sure you are joking.
So when Paul says what favours women,he is inspired by God,but when he preaches what does not favour women,he is speaking for himself.
I find this your selective Christianity interesting.
far from joking!!
brother, its clear hes speaking for himself in that passage...cheesy
Btw,paul's words show hes a sexist..which of his words favour women more than men? Huh?
Christainity as a whole is interesting nawink
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
far from joking!!
brother, its clear hes speaking for himself in that passage...cheesy
Btw,paul's words show hes a sexist..which of his words favour women more than men? Huh?
Christainity as a whole is interesting nawink

Sweetheart,
The koko of the matter is,was Paul inspired to write the letter by God or was he writing on his personal inspiration as a man?
Was Paul inspired by God to instruct women to remain silent?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

Sweetheart,
The koko of the matter is,was Paul inspired to write the letter by God or was he writing on his personal inspiration as a man?
his own lawscheesy..
His own inspirationswink
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
his own lawscheesy..
His own inspirationswink

Wow!
All the foundation of Christianity is based on the whims and caprices of Paul and not God.
For your info,I saw all the smileys you inserted in your post.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

Wow!
All the foundation of Christianity is based on the whims and caprices of Paul and not God.
For your info,I saw all the smileys you inserted in your post.
Dantedasz:
^^^ hope you remember that was the q you asked?!..
That law on women silence in church was paul's own lawsmiley..
The smileys,i expected you to see them..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:

^^^ hope you remember that was the q you asked?!..
That law on women silence in church was paul's own lawsmiley..
The smileys,i expected you to see them..

@quivah,
Yes,that was my question,but your responses only show that either are joking or you select the passages you choose to believe.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

@quivah,
Yes,that was my question,but your responses only show that either are joking or you select the passages you choose to believe.
joking? Coz i inserted some smileys?.. i dont have to be aggressive to pass a message accross na..
LOL now back to you;

Was paul's letter on women's silence inspired by God?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
The bible is a joke, Christians esp protestants are tools grin
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
^^^
however,we'ld rather we die as sons and daughters than as slavescheesy
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah: ^^^
however,we'ld we rather die as sons and daughters than as slavescheesy
do you even know and understand what your comments are implying?

I would rather be a slave than a confused protestant your own brothers/cousins reject you and don't want to be associated with.

You turned Christianity to a venture, anyway you keep confirming what the world knew already.
Christianity is as fake as the bible.

Embrace Islam, you need it
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
#singing...
There is no other way by Nicole..

Nice songsmiley
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

^ recite it three times
LOL!!!
What a jokesmiley
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Mujah1deen: 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
LOL!!!
What a jokesmiley
what?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by vickyO(f): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Paul was only giving Timothy tips on how to lead his local church. He never said it was a must for him or anyone to follow. Note, it was a letter to Timothy not to the Church as a whole....... Some people are just annoyingly religious. whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
joking? Coz i inserted some smileys?.. i dont have to be aggressive to pass a message accross na..
LOL now back to you;

Was paul's letter on women's silence inspired by God?

@quivah,
You are trying to pull my legs,but I will answer you-God inspired Paul to instruct women to remain silent.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
vickyO: Paul was only giving Timothy tips on how to lead his local church. He never said it was a must for him or anyone to follow. Note, it was a letter to Timothy not to the Church as a whole....... Some people are just annoyingly religious. whatever rocks your boat.

Wow! This is enlightening.
Selective Christianity at its best.
The question is was Paul inspired by God or not?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by vickyO(f): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

Wow! This is enlightening.
Selective Christianity at its best.
The question is was Paul inspired by God or not?
He was filled with the Holy Ghost and all doctrines he gave were for the edification of the church. Some might not have been inspired by God some might have been borne out of his personal opinion
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
vickyO:
He was filled with the Holy Ghost and all doctrines he gave were for the edification of the church. Some might not have been inspired by God some might have been borne out of his personal opinion

@vicky,
Do you realise what you are saying?
Jesus never wrote anything down about his ministry. Majority of what writings we have on Christianity are from Pauls writings. If you say what Paul wrote is his personal opinion,it logically follows that the foundation of Christianity is shaky,because it means that Christianity is based on the personal opinion of Paul and not Gods inspiration.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by asam7(f): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
I don't believe a female pastor is an anti christ because everybody I mean male or female have the right to search God or preach the gospel in truth and spirit.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by asam7(f): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
I don't believe a female pastor is an anti christ because everybody,male or female have the right to search God or preach the gospel in truth and spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.