Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18420 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

@quivah,
You are trying to pull my legs,but I will answer you-God inspired Paul to instruct women to remain silent.
Bro bro,God dint inspire that law..at all!
What ya proof?cheesy
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
What ya proof?cheesy

The Holy Bible.
So some laws in the Bible are inspired by God and some are inspired by man?
LOL!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by 2good(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
What ya proof?cheesy

I thought the bible was 100% inspired by god i.e it is the word of god spoken and written through man. Christians just like selective picking of the bible to suit their ulterior motive. From your posts, it means that part of the bible are just the opinion of some men like Paul. If that is the case, then the entire bible should be banned for being the most confusing and deceitful book ever created by man.

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by shamson: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
ire4me:
What is the meaning of allah? I think it means God. If you believe there is no God but Allah and you are a Nigerian, it means you are a slave. A slave always put another mans language over his own. don't be offended
"Those who follow the Messenger, the
unlettered Prophet, whom they find
mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel... who
believe in him, honor him, help him, and
follow the light which is sent down with him:
they are the successful." [Qur'an 7:157] "The
LORD said to me (Moses): "What they say is
good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like
you (O Moses) from among their brothers; I
will put my words in his mouth, and he will
tell them everything I command him. If
anyone does not listen to my words that the
Prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call
him to account." [Deuteronomy 18:17-19]
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by shamson: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah:
more to say someone is just talking with both sides of the mouth...

Go and read my posts again, till you see my backups cheesy.

As for the wait, don't get tired along the way..
And to your question: i LOLed
May be this will answer some of the questions of imperfection in the bible as created by apostle PAUL............
<< < =
=
> >>
Hebrews 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine
of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not
laying again the foundation of repentance from
dead works, and of faith toward God,

Acts 26:24-28

24 At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s
defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he
shouted. “Your great learning is driving you
insane.”
25 “I am not insane, most excellent Festus,”
Paul replied. “What I am saying is true and
reasonable. 26 The king is familiar with these
things, and I can speak freely to him. I am
convinced that none of this has escaped his
notice, because it was not done in a corner.
27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I
know you do.”
28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that
in such a short time you can persuade me to be
a Christian?”
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
2good:

I thought the bible was 100% inspired by god i.e it is the word of god spoken and written through man. Christians just like selective picking of the bible to suit their ulterior motive. From your posts, it means that part of the bible are just the opinion of some men like Paul. If that is the case, then the entire bible should be banned for being the most confusing and deceitful book ever created by man.
bros,the bible CONTAINS the words of God..
And not,the bible IS the words of God...
The bible is more like a guide...a record of religious tradition, moralcode, and theological teaching, compiled by multiple authors over the course of more than a thousand years.(inspired by God to write,with the HS bringing into remebrance)

Even paul himself after giving his opinions made it known that some were his OWN opinions.
Not every body believes this tho..

That verse on women's silence is a law of paul inspired by paul himself.

There is a diff between plenary inspiration and verbal inspiration..
Plenary--- “full, complete, entire.” Generally, the term is employed to emphasize that all of the respective components of the Scriptures were given by God. This means that the Bible’s historical depictions are true, that incidental scientific references are factual as well, and, in a word, that all biblical documents are completely accurate.
Verbal---contends that the Spirit of God guided the holy writers so that the very grammatical modes they employed were divinely orchestrated in order to convey subtle meanings of truth. In his own WORDS...

Paul here,wasnt saying God's law... he made that law by himself cozza the happenings in the churrch of corinth..

True,the bible is fully inspired but do WE interprete them well?
Paul here(in the letter to the corinthians)was referring to the women(married) of corinth but we missed to refer to all women..
In timothy... he was referring to the home but still we took it to refer to church!!

Something tells me you are an unbeliever,goodluck with that
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
shamson:
May be this will answer some of the questions of imperfection in the bible as created by apostle PAUL............
<< < =
=
> >>
Hebrews 6:1

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine
of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not
laying again the foundation of repentance from
dead works, and of faith toward God,

Acts 26:24-28

24 At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s
defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he
shouted. “Your great learning is driving you
insane.”
25 “I am not insane, most excellent Festus,”
Paul replied. “What I am saying is true and
reasonable. 26 The king is familiar with these
things, and I can speak freely to him. I am
convinced that none of this has escaped his
notice, because it was not done in a corner.
27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I
know you do.”
28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that
in such a short time you can persuade me to be
a Christian?”

good one bro...

What baffles me concerning this particular issue,is why we allow ourselves to be brought under another law(by paul; women must not teach in church)
Whats the significance of Jesus's death?!..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by shamson: 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
quivah: *continuation*
After the victory, in the ode of celebration, Deborah sings, "The villages ceased, they ceased in Israel until I, Deborah, arose, until I arose a mother in Israel." Deborah heard the word of the Lord and was obedient to God's call. In response to that call, not human invitation, Deborah rose upto lead her nation, inspiring others to follow her faith. Because of her courage and fear of God, not man, the nation was set free and enjoyed peace for forty years. Just as men can bespiritual fathers in the church, she was a spiritual mother in Israel.The prophetess Huldah (2 Kings 22:14) taught at the college in Jerusalem and brought revival to the nation when she confirmed theWord of God brought to her and prophesied judgment and grace to King Josiah, the high priest, and thereligious elite of her day. These men received and acted upon her declaration as it was, the word of God, not a human. Note that this occurred during the ministry of Jeremiah, who had been prophesying at Jerusalem for five years by the time the Lord used Huldah to speak His message. God wasn't out of men to use! He deliberately chose to use this woman. According to the original edition of the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, "The standing and reputation of Huldah in the city are attested by the fact that she was consulted when the Book of the Law was discovered. The king, high priest, counselors, etc. appealed to her rather than to Jeremiah, and her word was accepted by all of the word of Jehovah." ("Huldah" by J. J. Reeve, ISBE, Vol. III, Chicago: The Howard-Severance Company, 1915, p. 1389)New Testament prophetesses include Anna (Luke 2:36-38), the first to proclaim Jesus as the Redeemer publicly; Elizabeth (Luke 2:41-45), who recognized Christ while still in His mother's womb; Mary (Luke 2:46-55), who through faith conceived God in the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit; and Phillip's virgin daughters. (Acts 21:8-9)So we can see clear examples of God using women to teach men, and it really would be gender discriminization if he didn't.

Women were among the 120disciples and they preached to men!!

Btw, lotta rebuttals here is on"women cant preach in church"
... makes me wonder what 'church' really means!...
a building?!

Christainity doesnt discriminate women,its men who do!.. men like paulcheesy

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep
silence in the churches: for it is not permitted
unto them to speak; but they are commanded
to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them
ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame
for women to speak in the church.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
shamson:

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep
silence in the churches: for it is not permitted
unto them to speak; but they are commanded
to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them
ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame
for women to speak in the church.
lol alfa!..
Im not married(as that passage refers to the married ones)
Im not a corinth(as that passage refers to a corinth married woman ONLY)
Im not under that law(im flexing under grace)
And even if i should be under such a law,its should be a God inspired one not corinthians inspired lawcheesy
So alfa,that passage has nothing to do with me
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dantedasz:

The Holy Bible.
So some laws in the Bible are inspired by God and some are inspired by man?
LOL!
yes bro! Except if your defination of 'inspire' differs...
That law paul gave was inspired by the happenings in the church of corinth..and NOT by God.

And how is the bible ya proof?cheesy
Timothy?
I LOL too bro
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by hrhobi1(m): 1:00am On Nov 12, 2013
See women hating on Apostle paul . Na wa o anyway any man that worships in a church headed by a woman is dead already. We know the truth , check your heart deep down we know its wrong for a woman to be a pastor. Even without the bible .

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 4:05am On Nov 12, 2013
quivah:
yes bro! Except if your defination of 'inspire' differs...
That law paul gave was inspired by the happenings in the church of corinth..and NOT by God.

And how is the bible ya proof?cheesy
Timothy?
I LOL too bro

Excuse me while I laugh....
LOL?
LMFAO!
This your theory is just plain nihilism and you darling are a nihilst-simple and plain.
This your theory if put to practice will wipe out Christianity as we presently know it.
Let us go by this your sweet ideology-
1.Luke chapt 4 verses 1-20. The parable of the sower has no effect and is of no relevance to me,you or any Christian,since it happened around Galilee area where Jesus was preaching to the locals of the area and as such it has no effect on me and you?
2.The book of the Revelations ofSaint John is not relevant to modern day Christians,since it is adressed t Christians of the seven churches in Asia?
3.The story of Job is not directed at modern day Christians and we can learn nought from it since it was written to the children of Israel in the wilderness?
4. The book of Psalms of David are not relevant to modern day Christians since theywere not adressed to us?
So madam quivah,if we go by this your theory thatPaul was only adressing women of Corinth and not all Christians,we would be shaking the very foundations of Christianity and we end up repudiating everything we believe in if we all selectively decide what portion of the Bible we choose to believe in.
Even the Lords prayer becomes irrelevant going ny this your thesis since Jesus was teaching people of his locality how to pray and not us(modern Christians)
once again Excuse while I LOL @ your selective Christianity theory.
Which means-any passage I do not like can be repudiated by saying it was not refered to me but to some one else?
LOL!

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2013
^^^

1st cor 13vs 44-45
Says women should keep quiet.
.a law by paul

But in ;
1cor 11vs5
But every woman that prayeth or prophetsieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her
Head ...

Another law by paul;

It shows women really shouldnt keep quiet,except if you mean no words are being uttered during prophecy..

Huh?! Maybe we should leave the story of moses coz he rescued only the isrealites..
Or Jesus,coz he was a nazerene?!

1st cor 13 vs 44-45 was a LAW.. directed to some set of people!!

Mal 3vs 10 was a LAW directed to some sets of people

Picking verses to suit ourselves is whats gon kill christainity..
Since you believe 1st cor 13vs 44-45 was directed to all women,why not check other verses?!..
Even the one in tim,was directed to the HOME!,

Why are men(yeah!) Holding just the two verses inspired by a man,when there are many other verses negating it? Why?

Anyways #sighs... ok,women shouldnt teach in church,please tell that to YOUR woman not ANY woman..
Im outta here,you havent even provided verses to prove those were God's inspired law..you got any at all?
Now we talking about law,hes bringing in stories..
We follow God's words and learn from the characters.. those verses you dropped are lessons/guildance of person's to learn from(david was a great man whos always praising God,job still in the times of trouble praise God,luke a parable those who wanna learn follows,revelation directed to the seven churches of asia,during their time of persecution and fear.. to be learnt by ALL) .be a nigerian,asian! It dont matter. Learn from the characterand FOLLOW the laws BY GOD.

But when its comes to law(God's inspired law,we follow!) And not some man made laws..
Im under grace sha,above all laws!cheesy esp if its directed to some specific people.

SMH..infact we should leave the whole bible since we are nigerians,or what do you think?smiley LOL!

Lol@nihilism... huh? Here? Hmm maybe have forgotten the meaning faa!cheesy..
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2013
^
Calling you a nihilist is an injustice,in fact you are an anarchist because that is the only visible end to the kind of selective Christianity practised by people like you.
LOL out of this thread.
Have a good day ma'am.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by ShakurM(m): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2013
All Christians are going to Hell. Simple as that.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by TheIkoro(m): 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ever from the very beginning, what is written?

"and he shall rule over thee."

Some would say those words were "verbal" instructions, and not "plenary" instructions.

They were the words of The LORD GOD.

And for men who refuse to deny women such authority, what is written?

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O
my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

The way of men is being destroyed today by the depravity that has always been the
distinguishing characteristic of Woman. Yet, there are those that will even then say those
words were of the law, and therefore no longer relevant. For such as they, what
is written?

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them
to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, AS ALSO SAITH THE
LAW." (Emphasis, mine).

And for those who would claim those words were taken out of context, let us hear
what GOD inspired once more to be written.

"But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to
be in silence."

Ever from the very beginning, Woman seeks to usurp authority; and for this reason
she it was that was deceived. Because "Adam was not deceived, but the woman being
deceived was in the transgression." Thus, the words of The LORD (quoted
above) were a reinstatement of the authority Adam was plundered of by Woman,
via her relationship with the serpent; and not merely the punishment due Eve,
for hearkening unto the voice of Satan. And it is that very same authority that Woman ever
seeks to plunder of Man, through such antics as pastoring churches. Thus, yes, and indeed;
female pastors are anti-Biblical, anti-Scriptural, evil, and of their father the Devil.

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by quivah(f): 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Dantedasz: ^
Calling you a nihilist is an injustice,in fact you are an anarchist because that is the only visible end to the kind of selective Christianity practised by people like you.
LOL out of this thread.
Have a good day ma'am.
a typical christain...!
Hope you move the ministry forward

Still dont have those verses to back your mentor upwink?.. ok i give up too...
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by DollyParton1(f): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Religion aside... there are so many chauvinists in the house... Dammmit!!!!
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by 2good(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2013
I am actually a non believer and only contributed to the thread to show that the bible is full of bullshi!t from support of slavery, to genocide to treating women like an object, having preference for a race(Israel),having stories on : a talking donkey, immaculate birth, a man surviving in the belly of a fish for 3 days, Noah's ark etc yet I don't understand why sane, educated and smart people will believe it is a book written on the inspiration of a loving god. Damn it!
Religion is such a powerful tool.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by poik(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
clip:
Some interpret this passage to mean that women should never teach in the assembled church. However,others commentators say that Paul's word "I suffer not"( I never let) can be more literally translated"I am not allowing" Paul did not forbid women from ever teaching men. Paul' s commended co-worker, Prisilla,thought Apollos,the great preacher ( Act 18:24-26). In addition,Paul frequently mentioned other women who held positions of responsibility in the church. Phebe worked in the church ( Romans 16:1) Mary,Tryphena were the Lord's workers (Romans 16:6,12) as were Euodias and syntyche (Philippians 4:2) Paul was here prohibiting the Ephesians women, but not all women from teaching.

So since Paul was prohibiting the Ephesian women from teaching men, where is the Bible for Nigeria or Nigerians?
Remember that those epistles were written to Christians in Gentile lands, my man.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by confusedlady: 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2023
TheMadame:
Good day everybody.
This passage of the Bible has always bothered me. Lots of Men of God are silent on it. What does this passage mean to us as Christians? How does it affect women in the Church in the modern ages?

1st Timothy Chapter 2 verse 12 KJV.
12.But I permit not a woman to teach.
Nor to have authority over the man.
But to be in silence.

Brothers and sisters how can we explain this passage in relation to the number of women who will stand on the pulpit today and teach the gospel?
Are they going against the word of God?
Can a woman preach the gospel or Pastor a church? What is/are the role (s) of women in the church and the home in relation to this passage?

Anti christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.