Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Banker's Are Stingy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banker's Are Stingy (627 Views)

What A Banker Did To Me Recently / Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. / Banker Sleeps On Keyboard, Accidentally Transfers Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banker's Are Stingy by olulove(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2013
I Have heard people said severally that "BANKER'S ARE STINGY" how true is this accusation.
USING MY SELF AS A CASE STUDY:
As a young banker, have borrowed friends,family,foes,cronies and even colleague reasonable amount of money and they are not willing to pay back. Some having the notion that "NO BE BANK HIM DEY WORK"
There is this my aunt I borrowed 50k recently , she said she was going to pay me as soon as her husband is back from a trip abroad. Its over 2 month and she's not saying anything, I called her some few days back to ask after the welfare of the family, lo and behold she refuse to pick my call. When I used my friends phone to call, she picked and as soon as I said its me she hurriedly said she was going to call me back...its 2 weeks now...she hasn't called.
in all I have borrowed out over 160K just in a year.
Seems I'm now willing to join the CLIQUE of stingy bankers or what do you think?
Re: Banker's Are Stingy by Ambidexter(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2013
Tanks 4 bringin dis up. I'm also a young banker n I've heard alotta ppl say 'Bankers are stingy'. In respons, my explanation has always bin dat: Bankers av too many frendz. Even those hu had written u off in lyf wud sudenly becom ur frend wen dey hear u now wok in a bank, n they wud b pourin in dia needs n beggin u 2 assist dem as if u dont av wat 2 use ur hard earned money 4. D important question becoms - can u eva meet al ur family n frend's needs? No mata how hard u try, d ones whose nid u cudnt meet wud stil end up sayin 'Bankers are stingy'
Re: Banker's Are Stingy by olulove(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2013
Ambidexter: Tanks 4 bringin dis up. I'm also a young banker n I've heard alotta ppl say 'Bankers are stingy'. In respons, my explanation has always bin dat: Bankers av too many frendz. Even those hu had written u off in lyf wud sudenly becom ur frend wen dey hear u now wok in a bank, n they wud b pourin in dia needs n beggin u 2 assist dem as if u dont av wat 2 use ur hard earned money 4. D important question becoms - can u eva meet al ur family n frend's needs? No mata how hard u try, d ones whose nid u cudnt meet wud stil end up sayin 'Bankers are stingy'
Exactly...what u stated above are part of it all
Re: Banker's Are Stingy by onyfrank: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bankers are stingy, especially those that studied economics, banking and finance.
Bt as 4me, wat i understnd by being stingy is nt by act of borrowing, bt by giving,showing appreciation. I hav met and work 4 most of them, to pay na wahala, let alone showing appreciation.
Re: Banker's Are Stingy by olulove(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
onyfrank: Bankers are stingy, especially those that studied economics, banking and finance.
Bt as 4me, wat i understnd by being stingy is nt by act of borrowing, bt by giving,showing appreciation. I hav met and work 4 most of them, to pay na wahala, let alone showing appreciation.
Alright let's get this straight, most a times people think all bankers earn this same amount...but its not so...and again most people that render services to us do so @ higher price/rate as compared to other working class individuals as they think we are money bags.
So we try as much as possible to cut cost to avoid artificial inflation by such individuals.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Easiest Way To Make Money Online In Nigeria / Design Your Football Showing Centre And Office / Fitness Business Partners Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.