Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Yoruba's And Fish Head - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba's And Fish Head (6912 Views)

Where Yoruba And Igbo Peoples Meet - Ugbodu, Delta State. / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2009
everybody eats fish head and even goat head.the only selective meat is dog(tufiaqua).i personally don't like stress and therefore eat them only when i'm choiceless.the popular slang for it is "homework".not in anyways perculiar to any ethnic group.
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by IYANGBALI: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2009
with all these kind of tribalistic posts Nigeria would never be one What has fish head got to do with tribes?@poster does it mean people from your place dont like or eat fish head abi na only the toto of the fish dem love to dey eat?abeg try to have an open and liberal mind in case you have forgotten this is 21st century so pls wake up and move with time angry angry angry angry angry angry. hisses and walks away
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by dawoyo(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
@Poster
I seriously don't have an idea of what u're talking about, so some of your yoruba friends or all which i guess can't be more than 1000 loves ori eja, does that mean d entire yorubas love it? I'm a yoruba and in my house, we throw it away; so where does that leave my household? Please for the sake of posting, be careful what you post cause it might be insulting just like this.
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by Abagworo(m): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
dawoyo:

@Poster
I seriously don't have an idea of what u're talking about, so some of your yoruba friends or all which i guess can't be more than 1000 loves ori eja, does that mean d entire yorubas love it? I'm a yoruba and in my house, we throw it away; so where does that leave my household? Please for the sake of posting, be careful what you post cause it might be insulting just like this.

Abagworo:

everybody eats fish head and even goat head.the only selective meat is dog(tufiaqua).i personally don't like stress and therefore eat them only when i'm choiceless.the popular slang for it is "homework".not in anyways perculiar to any ethnic group.

IYA NGBALI:

with all these kind of tribalistic posts Nigeria would never be one What has fish head got to do with tribes?@poster does it mean people from your place dont like or eat fish head abi na only the toto of the fish dem love to dey eat?abeg try to have an open and liberal mind in case you have forgotten this is 21st century so pls wake up and move with time angry angry angry angry angry angry. hisses and walks away

Na nairaland we dey
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by echobee(f): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2009
@ poster
if it pain u 2 much, say yoruba like fish head, abeg u sef try like person head. i think u are a cannibal.
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by foyeks2001(f): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
yeye topic
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by nlPoster: 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
semid4lyfe:
I have always wondered y Yoruba's,particularly their men like d head of fish so much.I mean those days when I was still in school & yet 2 bcum d BIG BOY I am 2day(4 my mind),I had lots of yoruba friends whom I rolled with.I noticed dat whenever we went 2 d caffeteria(buka) 2 feed d african way,they always requested 4 ori eja(fish head).I have always wondered y they love it so much because 2 my rational mind it's all bone and no flesh.I mean u really have 2 dig deep and search all d nooks and crannies b4 u find some flesh 2 put in d mouth.I have also noticed this trend in d larger society in their men.Why is this so?Is the answer rooted in some tradition and cultural belief.Pls,feel free 2 drop 'ur comments,reasons and opinions.I'll particularly like 2 hear 4rm d Yoruba's

Everything is so strange to you folks.

Hardly a day goes by without some new "discovery" according to yourselves, of things that are not new.
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by mysticwarrior(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
nlPoster:

Everything is so strange to you folks.

Hardly a day goes by without some new "discovery" according to yourselves, of things that are not new.
your own na just to dey find people dey insult for naira land.
Re: Yoruba's And Fish Head by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 31, 2020
Jobless IPods always obsessed with Yoruba's...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Account Of The Dispersal Of People Across The Sahale Around The Fall Of Kanem / Nigerian Marriages / ****a Bit Of Knowledge About Dreadlocks****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.