Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure (11002 Views)

Free Food Leads To School Stampedes In Kaduna (photos) / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Prec1ous(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
TRAITS IN YOU THAT INEVITABLY LEADS TO FAILURE

BY: IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
YOU INITIATIVE

GREETINGS TO YOU ALL

We have all come to the understanding that we play a very big role in whatever happens to us. But while you may seem so exemplary in your actions, there are some random traits you might exhibit sometimes or rather unknowingly that can put anybody off instantly. This leads to questions like:

• I did all I could, can’t figure out why it did not work.
• They never said anything, they just cut me off.
• I was better than the others, but I can’t tell why I was not selected.
• I know what I am doing, but I am not a success.

The list is endless, but those are for illustration so you will know where I am headed.
So now I have taken my time, after careful observations of a population of individuals, and below are some handpicked trait some of us possess and exhibit and they are definitely stumbling blocks towards our respective aspirations.

THE ISLAND MAN

Chances are you might have come across this trait in others, but I bet that you are also guilty.
Do you think that you know it all and nobody’s opinion count, or you feel you can do it on your own? Well here is a simple analogy, that earpiece and phone you use in blocking the world out by listening to music was not even built by a person. So, while I really respect people who stand out from others, it is cool sometimes if you can come out and know what others think, feel and see about a particular idea that you have, I bet that you will be so amazed to see brilliance in diversity coming to play.
When people notice this in you, they naturally gravitate away, some might even call you proud or a snub (obviously, that’s how they really act) and most times, they would never say this to your face but they would spread this around, and end up breaking down the wall of people around you, and since you want to stand alone, you definitely, will be alone now, MR. LONER!
Learn to say hi, how you doing, good morning … even to complete strangers, you might end up meeting up with them up ahead and always ask questions or you might make a bomb in ignorance and obliterate yourself!

THE UNGRATEFUL OGRE

You are so guilty of this that you are yet to say thank you to MR. PRECIOUS for this article (okay! Just kidding).
You are still guilty because you are yet to show appreciation to that caller, for food, for clothe… even to GOD.
I want you to understand that anything a person does for or to you, they have actually gone out of their own way and comfort zone just to put smile on your face, and since you cannot pay back, I do not know why a simple THANK YOU from you is like beating a dead horse to gallop.
If you show appreciation, you sure will get another, for crying out loud, if you know how your parents, friends, relatives… hustle from day to day, then the next time you get your allowance, gifts, school fees… you will shout a very big THANK YOU!
See this illustration, and say if it is fair. You give a fellow a gift of cash or anything and they just receive it from you as if it is their God-given birthright and to add salt to injury, the fellow did not even act or say anything appreciative. I believe really, that on that spot you will make a mental note never to help or show favour to such a person {do not say I am wrong now}. Well, that is how others feel when you act as if it is your RIGHT to receive without you been appreciative. Now wonder how many doors might have been closed to you just because you overlooked this minor act of been appreciative before.
Learn to show appreciation for simple things, that way you build your reputation and the esteem of the giver. So are you in a relationship? Be appreciative, to your parents always say thank you, even to your friend and strangers for any good they do to you. Even to kids too, show appreciation and let them learn that golden virtue!

THE TALKING ROBOT

Talking is very necessary, especially here where we promote communication and togetherness, but been a talkative is a very big NO! And I will personally give you a thousand yards! {I am serious!}.
Once you are tagged a talkative, Every dick and harry automatically sees you as a whistleblower, a plague, an attention seeker, an impolite fellow... and a non-secretive person, that alone is a bad attribute. SELF-DESTRUCTIVE!
No one will ever want you to catch a glimpse of their business, be a witness to any action they carry out… just because you cannot keep your lips together. The picture they will create of you is that of the exhaust pipe of a heavy duty truck emitting lead into the environment, polluting the atmosphere and killing people gradually.
Why not learn to be observant, think deep even before making a sentence and stop taking justice into your mouth. As at now, you are the Judas of the lot, and no one will ever want you in their business, because they do not trust you enough not to blow out to the world, their innermost plan!

RISKOPHOBIC {forgive me, just playing with words!}

You are so scared of taking risks that you take the very option of folding your hands and thinking all will fall into place. Now that is RISKY!
Why are you scared of taking risk when life itself is compounded with risk; every day you breath in dead cells, you board a vehicle and you do not know if the driver is sober or drunk, you put all your fortune in bank even when you cannot tell when they will fold up… every day you live with the risk of living or dying, a massive gamble, now tell me, what is more risky?
You just have to be daring and do not be scared of the outcome of any POSITIVE actions you take. How can you know what is behind the door without having it opened? So do not bother about failing because there is no better experience than failing and rising again to succeed.
Christopher Columbus must have been tagged a fool for daring to take the RISKY venture of circumnavigating the earth, but today he is known for discovering AMERICA, a name to reckon with when you mention world power. “Google” out Thomas Edison, Michael Faraday and others and see that risky ventures brings the best results, because it is for the strong-willed.
Forget what anyone will say and focus on accomplishing and setting milestones in ventures that ordinary people will tag risky. But be wise, the outcome must be positive in the long run before you engage in it, not like jumping into a volcano just to show how daring you are!

PUTTING GOD LAST

I intentionally put this last, because it’s what most of us do, including me! But frankly it is the truth; some of us have even forgotten his existence. To show how predictable we all are:
We woke up this morning, did a couple of push-ups, off to the bathroom and out, make and dress-up and after eating set out into the world. And if something good comes out that day, some will remember to say THANK GOD, and if otherwise {all actions coming in the negative}, we all say GOD WHY?
Do you know that sleeping and waking in its own sense is a MIRACLE, and the coolest part is that you are a beneficiary every day. If you think it is your doing, then please tell me how, because when I sleep, I can equate it with dying: because it is a state when I cannot tell what happens around, you can pinch or slap me and I will not budge… and what if the inevitable happens, like my heart stopping, am been attacked, can i even defend myself?
I am open to all freethinkers, naturalists and spiritualists. But we all know the truth even if we try to conceal it that there is an OMNIPRESENCE AND OMNISCIENCE GOD. But at least, let us learn to walk in his principles, as he supersedes all, watches, cares… and protect us all.
Always show him respect and always seek his guidance. Nothing is by chance; air, ocean… even life. There is a loving father behind it all and learning to acknowledge him will go a long way to rid you of many dramas in any facet of life you find yourself.

"LEARN TO VALUE THE LITTLE YOU HAVE, FOR DILIGENCE IN YOUR LITTLE SERVICE, MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON!"

for more articles click the link to our page, and discover why you can rise from the dungeon of life

IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
YOU INITIATIVE!

https://www.facebook.com/youinitiative

33 Likes

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Appliedmaths(m): 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
My brother, keep on motivating we the youths for most of us have forgotten what the right path looks like anymore. You're a good writer and I like your delivery, please write on a topic which reflects the rampart use of shorthand texts in writing, this is very common among the youths, sometime ago my lecturer brought out assingment scripts showing how students used short hand format to spell some words. Things like for(4), someone (some1) etc, and some people would be quick to say it's only used for chatting. I hail thee, kudos to you and your work.

3 Likes

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by SecretDreams(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Another nice post from Mr precious, Thanks. This is gonna hit Front page soon. @appliedmaths, shorthand is still minor, imagine undergraduates and graduates writing already as "alwedi", you as "yhu", doing as "duin", deliver as "diliva" and so on, mostly in a bid to look cool on social networks.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Alikaxon(m): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Anothe enthrailling write u from a genius. Thumbs up. Nd when I call on fynestboi to put it on front page, he will always do so, he is my guy.

1 Like

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by kavey10(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
*Gives a sigh of relief* I never imagined youths nowadays write as intelligently and precise as you just did. I'm wowed!

You see how scanty comments are here, That is the way l like 'em, informative posts like this are not for everyone(sadly), but that is the truth. I've learned a few things myself. Thanks brof.

2 Likes

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by kavey10(m): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
My brother, keep on motivating we the youths for most of us have forgotten what the right path looks like anymore. You're a good writer and I like your delivery, please write on a topic which reflects the rampart use of shorthand texts in writing, this is very common among the youths, sometime ago my lecturer brought out assingment scripts showing how students used short hand format to spell some words. Things like for(4), someone (some1) etc, and some people would be quick to say it's only used for chatting. I hail thee, kudos to you and your work.

You have said it all bro. It irks me to see undergraduates and MORE ANNOYING, graduates doing this nonsense trend. They blame it on social media. I pity their lot.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by AmbFitsaint(m): 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
CRACKING!

You re one in a million writer of great, instructive and rattling articles.

I presume dat readers wud change dia taste from Myles Munroe's to Precious Iriaevho's anon.

Mega thanks for dis pep-up piece.

Keep it up.
Have u written any inspiring buk? If yes, the name and how we can get it?
Pls, i hope u don't mind writing a convincing article on why the agnostics nd atheists must acknowledge God?
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
83 views, 5 comments
Jesu omo nazareti

I know this thread might not get required attention because it isn't "photo of tonto dike when sucking unmentionable".
kudos @op, thread actually on point. Learnt something tangible.

2 Likes

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by jaryeh(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2013
Another great write-up from you Mr Precious. Thank you for your enlightening posts.

And to those that have commented,you guys have said it all. I really do hope Nigerians students will change for the better one day.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by odizeey(m): 8:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Observing
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by oladoya(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
....he struck three times and stopped.' 2 Kings 13:18.
When threatened by the Assyrian army, Israel's King turned to prophet Elisha for help. Elisha told him to take some arrows and keep striking them on the ground. But the king did it only three times and stopped. So Elisha was angry with him and said,'... You should have struck five or six times,' then you would have struck syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike syrial only three times. This is a story of partial victory,of what might have been if the king had put more effort into it. You see, it's not just the opportunity it's the attitude that meets with opportunity that determines the outcome. God wil give you chances to win, but it's your commitment that determines the siz of your victory. Paul writes,'Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.(Eph. 6:7). The clock meant nothing to Paul because he was on a mission. 'I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only i may complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me...(Acts20:24). People of impact live with that mindset. So here is the question: is your heart in what you are doing? Are you giving it your all? A friend of mine spoke to me indirectly, when i was still pursuing admission into university. He said...'doing an assignment several times and expecting a different result, is madness at its peak'... Though i heared that, but i never gave up. Visions dont come cheap or easy. The bigger your vision, the bigger the price-tag. The secrete of fulfilling your visison is just keep chewing... Do what you do best and give it your totallity, victory is yours

6 Likes

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by markjac01: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
mr op, u just put God last. talk bout failure!
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Dhortunn(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
.Very real and informative post...
Best i've seen on the frontpage since the beginning of this month.
And to think of some youths that use words like 'yhu','duin' and sorts like someone talked about earlier, it's so killing. I personally detest chatting with people that frequently use such words.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by deriod(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
I'm guilty of 3 out of listed maybe d reason for my struggling to make it.@op thanks for d write up.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Victosin09(f): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
@OP, this is an eye opener indeed. Do u think making someone know ow much u appreciate them or an action done by them could make that person think less of you?
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Chiscomax(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
wow, nice write up!

shey scientists would still say this young man has not used up to 3 °/. of his brain capacity.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
Working alone without having to carry others along can be detrimental in ur pursuit to success how much more leaving God out of it. I'v had opportunities of leading teams in the past even till now, most of the success recorded were collectively achieved and not just by me.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Working alone without having to carry others along can be detrimental in ur pursuit to success how much more leaving God out of it. I'v had opportunities of leading teams in the past even till now, most of the success recorded were collectively achieved and not just by me.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Fynestboi: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
Precious keep it up...
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
noted
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by princenat(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thank you. This adds to my blessings today. Once more, I appreciate this write-up of yours.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
[color=770077]nice nice!...its really nice[/color]
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by AbuMikey(m): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2013

#sighs!

ThankGod I noticed this thread early enough.

Piece well written OP cool

1 Like

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by vislabraye(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
So so true, yet people seem to ignore it because of its simplicity. To a large extent, some are in the habit of not saying a simple "thank you. "

There are people who borrow and not pay back. They would prefer to use that money they owe to buy beer or cigar than to pay back.

There are other who know how to take but never give.

I've come across some who only call or visit when they are in need.

All these are xteristics are similar to the above. They are signs of ingratitude.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by SalC: 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice write-up
@OP weldone.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Nicemoc(f): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
This is one of the best write ups I've had the pleasure of reading in recent times. Thanks for sharing @Op. May God give you the zeal to write more
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by elspycey(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
one tangible thing gained today. God bless, no less.
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Uyi168: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Cwiouxly sire,u re on point!
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Prec1ous(m): 2:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
THANK GOD IT MADE FRONT PAGE. I WAS THINKING THE MOD HAVE FORGOTTEN IT. POSTED IT 3 DAYS AGO.

THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVE, MORE WILL DEFINITELY COME, JUST PRAY IT ALWAYS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by OfficerNaughty(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
Well said @op.. But does doing away with these traits make you successfully automatically?

Despite the truth of this article, I think two of the traits have their
good sides as well.

A shy loner not-necessarily-a-snob, might just be a researcher who'd stumble into a billion-dollar idea someday.

The talk robot might use his default talkative tendency to smooth talk his way out of certain life and death situations.

Inasmuch as we try to adjust to become better people, there are some intrinsic parts of our temperaments we can't change much of. We can only
adjust them to suit our needs. Its why we are who we are ...
Thanks anyway @op; I love the post. I learnt sth new.

1 Like

Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Ditoya(m): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
My P.R.O sir! Great write-up
Re: Traits In You That Inevitably Leads To Failure by Cupidkc(m): 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
nice piece...also note that nothing is 100percent efficient. Even machines are not...so there will always be laps at some point.
Nobody can boast of having it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission Into The National University Of Abomey Calavi, Republic Of Benin / Photos From The KSU Protest On The Closure Of All Tertiary Institutions / OAU Statistics Of Choice Of Courses For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.