Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury (17714 Views)

Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? / Todays Match: V.persie,adebayor,gallas,clichy,almunia All Sidelined! A Great Chance For Liverpool. D / V. Persie,adebayor,gallas,clichy,almunia Sidelined! Liverpool Has 2 Win. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Tolexander: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2013
Lionel Messi has been ruled out for up to eight weeks after suffering a hamstring injury in Barcelona's 4-1 win over Real Betis on Sunday night.

Messi limped off after less than half-an-hour and could be absent for up to two months after scans revealed the full extent of the problem in his left hamstring.

The Argentinian playmaker will miss the upcoming international friendlies against Ecuador and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Barcelona have already qualified from the group stages of the UEFA Champions League, but Messi will be absent for a number of La Liga matches.

The world player of the year has been hampered by hamstring issues and also damaged his left one earlier in the season and then the right one at the end of September.

A club statement read: "According to the club's medical services, the tests taken on Monday morning by Leo Messi have confirmed that the player has suffered a torn muscle in the femoral biceps of his left leg.

"The approximate time he will be out is between six and eight weeks.

"The first part of his recovery will take place in Barcelona and the second, in Buenos Aires."

Barca team-mate Cesc Fabregas has pulled out of the Spain squad after he also sustained a knee injury against Betis.

Fabregas netted twice before being withdrawn and Spain boss Vicente del Bosque has decided to rest him for friendlies with Equatorial Guinea and South Africa.

Defender Marc Bartra, another Barcelona player, has been drafted in to replace Fabregas and the 22-year-old will be hoping for his first senior cap.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9021196/la-liga-injured-lionel-messi-sidelined-for-two-months-with-hamstring-problem

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by AbuMikey(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by constance500: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2013
Wia d pix
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Chazzyboy: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Abeg I pray make messi get well soon

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by devigblegble: 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ok.com
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lets see the fraud FIFA would use this time to deny Ronaldo. God nor dey sleeep

22 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Tosyn007(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
another month should be added for personal recuperation, the guy has been turned into a machine and they seem to forget that machines also break down...

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Good...i wan barca to suffer dis season.up LIVERPOOL

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by holuphisayor(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Am happy for him. grin grin grin
#team Ribery for Ballon d'or

9 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by 4reigningqueen: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
The end is near!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by mrborntodoit: 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Fc Barcelona have other top strikers to replace him

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by DonColz1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
It is time for christiano Ronaldo to shine, ronaldo will surely win the world best player this year, bye bye messi, but messi can come and meet nigeria herbalist, they will use 2 days to treat messi

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Danhumprey: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
This is a big blow for Barca as it has been found that most time,without Messi,they are usually toothless and powerless.

But Neymar,Alexis and the others are there. I hope they can hold the fort without Messi.
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by nerodenero: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Too bad that Messi is being faced by numerous injuries of recent. This is indeed a terrible period for the World's best. Hope Barcelona copes well in his absence because Barcelona is nothing without the Midget just as Real Madrid is nothing without hair-dressing Sisi.

11 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by chessguru1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
I thought d guy doesn't get injured?
His real age is affecting him tongue

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Applesauce(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Messi wish u quick recovery

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
wish he was out 4. d season......hz real age z nw shown...up neymar...up brazil

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by losvemous: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
As we enters a new week, i wish you all the best in your various endeavors... Do i need to define what corruption is again? won't that be like telling a fully grown man his neighbor's name whom they've been living together for as long as he has lived? corruption has one of the most negative effect on our political, economic, social, environment and our growth and development in general. We must kick out corruption in our society, but no one man can do it. Let us come together and preach corruption in our best way! .... The campaign is already on; Follow ma book; "Who will save James" on https://www.nairaland.com/1512703/wholl-save-james-book-corruption#19450690
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by chykmoni(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
#TeamRonaldo. Abeg go rest u don break plenty record. Leave ur brother make him repair your records small na.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by ifemiide: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
calebo101: Lets see the fraud FIFA would use this time to deny Ronaldo. God nor dey sleeep
no one is saying ronaldo is not good to win world best.
all we re saying is dat messi is better even with injury

22 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Iaz93: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Too bad for him. He hasn't been able to score for his club in their last four la liga matches, and now this injury.

He'll resume new year with just 8 goals in the league, while players like ronaldo and Costa will be on 20+

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
RIBÈRY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by yuzedo: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
since i injure mysef last 12weeks even campus newspepar even hints magazine or jehova wickness newsleter did nut carry my story. so why did dis story reach frontpage?! nigeria dont no how to celebreat deir stars.. even one sweet boobsie lady dint give me a comfort. angry we give upp!!! angry angry angry

15 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
If ribery wins the world best, then FIFA is a big joke, cos definitely iniesta should have last year.

CR7 2013 world best, unquestionable.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Josh64(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
Na wao! Messi's injury make Nairalands front page? I wonder how that affects ASUU strike.#hisses#
Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2013

9 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by mettimetti: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Chazzyboy: Abeg I pray make messi get well soon
Don't worry my brother he will get well soon. For those who think Barca cannot play and win without Messi this is the time to prove them wrong. They have shown this without Messi against Real Betis 4-1, Messi was substituted yet we won.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Chimezie198(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ohh Lord my God... Pls grant him quick recovery.

cry

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Ice4jez(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
calebo101: Lets see the fraud FIFA would use this time to deny Ronaldo. God nor dey sleeep
watin ronaldo play or win last season. To make him eligible to win best player. This year best player. Should be a munich player

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
ifemiide:
no one is saying ronaldo is not good to win world best.
all we re saying is dat messi is better even with injury
Did you laugh at your comment?

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury by iamteaser: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sporting Club Vs Arsenal Europa League (2 - 2) On 9th March 2023 / Southampton Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 30th November 2014 / Arsenal Vs Brighton And Hove Albion (1 - 1) On 5th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.