Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience (1246 Views)

"Keep Quite" Saraki Tells APC Senators / Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / National Assembly Leadership: ‘Your Threats Are Empty’, PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by PointB: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2013
No rushing, Aliyu tells APC to exercise patience
Our Reporter November 7, 2013 13 Comments »
No rushing, Aliyu tells APC to exercise patience

From AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna

Governor of Niger State and leader of the G7 of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu, has advised the chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to exercise patience for him and his colleagues to make up their minds on what to do with the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

Aliyu stated this in Minna when chieftains of APC, led by its national chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, visited him on Tuesday evening, to woo him into APC in the face of the lingering altercation in the ruling party.

The Niger governor, who was a little short of accusing APC leaders of impatience in their membership drive, said a decision must be taken by the G7 governors on the PDP one way or the other, before deciding on the next line of action.

“We are still discussing, we are still negotiating. I want to assure you that if we eventually settle, we shall treat you as friends and if we fail to resolve, then we shall consider your proposal.”

Aliyu, who is the chairman of the Northern States Governors Forum, admonished the ruling PDP to wake up to the stark reality that no condition is permanent, warning that the party in power today may find itself in the opposition tomorrow.

He, therefore, urged PDP to be mindful of how it relates with the opposition party. He reiterated his earlier assertion that the coming of APC was a welcome development for the nation’s democracy.

According to him, the APC was a strong opposition that Nigeria needed for its democracy to blossom. Akande, in his opening address, said the party chieftains were in Minna to woo Governor Aliyu into the party, wondering why a gentleman of Aliyu’s caliber should choose to remain in a party that does not appreciate him.

Other APC leaders in the entourage to Minna included former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari, former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; former Foreign Affairs Minister and national chairman of the defunct National Republican Convention (NRC), Chief Tom Ikimi; former Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari and former governor of Edo State, Chief John Oyegun.

Buhari and Tinubu in their speeches, told their host that APC was formed to bring about positive changes by way of good governance to Nigeria.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/rushing-aliyu-tells-apc-exercise-patience/
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by Afam4eva(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2013
Why's APC running after Thieving PDP governors. have they forgotten that APC is for progressives?
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by LadyExcellency: 9:58am On Nov 11, 2013
They have the same agenda. To retrieve their property (mandate) that accidentally missed road through the unfortunate death of President Yar'dua.

If you analyse the series of events that started happening even before GEJ assumed office as the president, you will understand their grand plan to distabilise the country wasn't a fluke but indeed a reality.

The danger inherent in the activities of these group is the birth and introduction of new breeds of tribal warriors known as " Children of Anger and Pain (CAP)" or better still "Breed of Malice and Vengeance" (BMV)

It shall be well when the populace understands the games tricks and decide against bandwagonism and start asking questions not based on personal interest or "who gets what"

Afam4eva: Why's APC running after Thieving PDP governors. have they forgotten that APC is for progressives?
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by PointB: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Why's APC running after Thieving PDP governors. have they forgotten that APC is for progressives?

The APC know that some (if not all) of the nPDP governors are corrupt; and that protection against EFCC is one of the demand they have made of as condition for reconciliation. APC is ready to offer them these protection, at the very least if they come to power, in exchange for these Governors help in rigging election in their states. But the nPDP are not sure if APC will win the election, let alone offer what they promise, hence the waiting game.

The 'progressive' touted by APC is simply marketing jiggles. There is nothing progressive in a party run by Tinubu a crook, and Buhari, who tacitly support violence. Unless criminality and terrorism is now the new definition of 'progressive.'

3 Likes

Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by aventura: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2013
why are this people still making noise. I want to travel to Dubai and I'm announcing it for more than six months, if I really want to travel I would travel immediately and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. PDP has has told them for the umpteenth time to go if they want to but liver no reach them grin grin. Do you think decamping is eating rice and beans.
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by MRWHINNIG: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
APC will be worse than PDP. APC = Amalgamation of Political Crooks and Criminals.

Meanwhile,

sad smh. Nairaland is becoming boring.
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by nduchucks: 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
GEJ now has some breathing room. If I were GEJ, I'll immediately get rid of Octogenerian Tukur, romance Oyinlola, and bring in a more loyal replacement for Tukur. Then make a deal with the wayward governors. N10 - 20billion naira should be sufficient to do the needful.
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by 5columnist: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: GEJ now has some breathing room. If I were GEJ, I'll immediately get rid of Octogenerian Tukur, romance Oyinlola, and bring in a more loyal replacement for Tukur. Then make a deal with the wayward governors. N10 - 20billion naira should be sufficient to do the needful.

You obviously have limited understanding of politics. Read your postulation again.

1 Like

Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by Energito: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: GEJ now has some breathing room. If I were GEJ, I'll immediately get rid of Octogenerian Tukur, romance Oyinlola, and bring in a more loyal replacement for Tukur. Then make a deal with the wayward governors. N10 - 20billion naira should be sufficient to do the needful.
are you mad?

1 Like

Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by gregg2: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yeye useless progrethieves
Re: No Rushing, Aliyu Tells APC To Exercise Patience by PointB: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
Are they still waiting for him? cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Moves Against Defected PDP Lawmakers / Icon JD Sends His Goodwill Message. / Nigerians Honour Late Dora Akunyili In Enugu Despite Heavy Rainfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.