Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi (924 Views)

My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways?- By Wole Olaniyi (saharareporters.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by olabukola: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
I was with All Progressives Congress' train that went to Kano Government House to invite Governor Musa Kwankwaso to join the league of progressives in the country, determined to bring about the change we need. I joined the train courtesy of a friend of mine who was with one of the APC governors present in Kano. I joined the delegation from the airport, at the instance of my friend who insisted I shifted my flight due for Lagos that afternoon. I felt elated that I was being part of unfolding history. Indeed I still feel happy that I was there especially after the fraternity I saw, the sign of hope for those looking for change as exhibited that day by the reception accorded the delegation by Governor Kwakwaso. Various members of the delegation spoke very well about the importance of joining hands together to remove the incompetent PDP government.

Alas, the star attraction at the event, former military head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), delivered something that was every inch a sectional and even shallow. Addressing the crowd at the packed government house hall, Buhari spoke of "strategic plan" to destroy the North, in reference to the Boko Haram insurgency. He took larger part of his short speech to whip up sentiments on why boko Haram is "political strategy to destroy us". Who then are "us"? This politics of dichotomy coming from a man of his standing was, to say the least, unfortunate. It sent shivers of shock down my spine as I looked over my shoulders, to a largely Hausa Muslim audience that were really captivated by these remarks coming from someone who should know. To Gen. Buhari, the excessive bloodshed perpetrated by the insensitive Boko Haram killing squad was not about religion, it was a political weapon. For real? So all the church bombings, all the claims by the sect that it was waging a religious war were not enough for Buhari to realise the dimension of this danger? How would he want the families of those hundreds of people blown away by accursed suicide bombers to react to this? To put it in another way, Buhari was saying that "OUR youths are being USED to kill in the name of politics to destroy OUR region". This reechoes what president Goodluck Jonathan said after the 2010 Independence Day bombing in Abuja: "My people cannot do this". For that commentary on Boko Haram, Buhari has fallen in the same category as President Jonathan.
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
For those who do not know general Buhari; I laugh at them.

Sometimes, I wish they would allow the man five months to be President of this country. At least, those that think he is the messiah would learn the other side of him.

To leave this country under his leadership, for four years, would be a risk too much. His ambition is inspired by nothing more than the 'born- to-rule' mentality of his type. He is old and out of ideas
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by CyberG: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
utumunta: For those who do not know general Buhari; I laugh at them.

Sometimes, I wish they would allow the man five months to be President of this country. At least, those that think he is the messiah would learn the other side of him.

To leave this country under his leadership, for four years, would be a risk too much. His ambition is inspired by nothing more than the 'born- to-rule' mentality of his type. He is old and out of ideas

Stop being stupi.d! I am not here to defend Buhari but it is utter stupi.dity to say that Buhari will have the powers to go outside the law to do whatever he personally wants! Yes, he is not a perfect person and no one is, neither is the retardeen but yhou cannot suggest he has no positive leadership attribute! A Buhari cannot singularly and unilaterally run Nigeria like a military dictatorship because he will clearly have opposition at the national assembly and the clear separation of power even at the different levels of Federal, State and LG ensures that it is impossible for him to just wake-up and order anything he wants at a level he has no constitutional authority. To do that will mean he will not be make any impact because he will spend a long time fighting court cases, guilty in the court of public opinion, risk impeachment or lose re-election for a next term.

Even if Buhari is really silly (which I am sure he is not), he might be the elected president but he knows for sure that he is in a party where he does not unilaterally wield all the influence on all members. He will have to convince the top leadership of the party and his lieutenants that he has what it takes from a performance point of view or risk being abandoned and losing the support of the party, creating the kind of situation with the PDP and NPDP (G7) etc, which the party knows is a recipe for losses at future elections. This is what democracy is all about and there's no one of his lieutenants that will let him ruin their joint-achievement with a unilateral weight of hand! Be smart, use your brains and think! APC is in a strong position mostly because they've done better than PDP in the states in which they've been in charge - we know and see that! It will be suicidal to think they could go the way of PDP without destroying their own party, the progress made and handing over the initiative to the PDP or any new party that might emerge!
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by asha80(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
the problem with buhari is it seems he does not know how to talk....no wonder apc once banned him from giving intervews.
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by Ezemust: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
CyberG:

Stop being stupi.d! I am not here to defend Buhari but it is utter stupi.dity to say that Buhari will have the powers to go outside the law to do whatever he personally wants! Yes, he is not a perfect person and no one is, neither is the retardeen but yhou cannot suggest he has no positive leadership attribute! A Buhari cannot singularly and unilaterally run Nigeria like a military dictatorship because he will clearly have opposition at the national assembly and the clear separation of power even at the different levels of Federal, State and LG ensures that it is impossible for him to just wake-up and order anything he wants at a level he has no constitutional authority. To do that will mean he will not be make any impact because he will spend a long time fighting court cases, guilty in the court of public opinion, risk impeachment or lose re-election for a next term.

Even if Buhari is really silly (which I am sure he is not), he might be the elected president but he knows for sure that he is in a party where he does not unilaterally wield all the influence on all members. He will have to convince the top leadership of the party and his lieutenants that he has what it takes from a performance point of view or risk being abandoned and losing the support of the party, creating the kind of situation with the PDP and NPDP (G7) etc, which the party knows is a recipe for losses at future elections. This is what democracy is all about and there's no one of his lieutenants that will let him ruin their joint-achievement with a unilateral weight of hand! Be smart, use your brains and think! APC is in a strong position mostly because they've done better than PDP in the states in which they've been in charge - we know and see that! It will be suicidal to think they could go the way of PDP without destroying their own party, the progress made and handing over the initiative to the PDP or any new party that might emerge!
u ar talking lubish.hw can appraice buhari yet call jonathan retardeen?in wat way can u lift buhari above gej?i cnt undastnd hw u guys analyse tins
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by bloggernaija: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2013
From the style of this article and the name of the writer ,
YOU CAN EASILY DEDUCE THAT HE IS AN IMPOSTOR USING A SW NAME TO FURTHER HIS PAYMASTERS CLANNISH INTEREST.
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 14, 2013
olabukola: I was with All Progressives Congress' train that went to Kano Government House to invite Governor Musa Kwankwaso to join the league of progressives in the country, determined to bring about the change we need. I joined the train courtesy of a friend of mine who was with one of the APC governors present in Kano. I joined the delegation from the airport, at the instance of my friend who insisted I shifted my flight due for Lagos that afternoon. I felt elated that I was being part of unfolding history. Indeed I still feel happy that I was there especially after the fraternity I saw, the sign of hope for those looking for change as exhibited that day by the reception accorded the delegation by Governor Kwakwaso. Various members of the delegation spoke very well about the importance of joining hands together to remove the incompetent PDP government.

[b]Alas, the star attraction at the event, former military head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), delivered something that was every inch a sectional and even shallow. Addressing the crowd at the packed government house hall, Buhari spoke of "strategic plan" to destroy the North, in reference to the Boko Haram insurgency. He took larger part of his short speech to whip up sentiments on why boko Haram is "political strategy to destroy us". Who then are "us"? This politics of dichotomy coming from a man of his standing was, to say the least, unfortunate. It sent shivers of shock down my spine as I looked over my shoulders, to a largely Hausa Muslim audience that were really captivated by these remarks coming from someone who should know. To Gen. Buhari, the excessive bloodshed perpetrated by the insensitive Boko Haram killing squad was not about religion, it was a political weapon. For real? So all the church bombings, all the claims by the sect that it was waging a religious war were not enough for Buhari to realise the dimension of this danger? How would he want the families of those hundreds of people blown away by accursed suicide bombers to react to this? To put it in another way, Buhari was saying that "OUR youths are being USED to kill in the name of politics to destroy OUR region".[/b] This reechoes what president Goodluck Jonathan said after the 2010 Independence Day bombing in Abuja: "My people cannot do this". For that commentary on Boko Haram, Buhari has fallen in the same category as President Jonathan.

Wole: I can see clearly now the rain is gone!
Re: When Will Gen. Buhari Change His Ways----by Wole Olaniyi by kedukc(m): 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
CyberG:

Big lie. Rochas is busy looting imo dry. I am not a fan of Nigerian politicos but let's leave out sentiments when arguing.

(1) (Reply)

Ngige Declares Winner Of Anambra Guber Election In Premium Times Poll / Give A Name To This Three Great Men / Nissan And Stallion Group To Start Auto Assembly In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.