Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned (2513 Views)

Lagos Drivers Be Warned / Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Zagash(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Finally after showing a tremendous restrain from reporting this issue on nairaland,i was compelled by the fact that someone somewhere might fall a victim again. I met Abiodun Ebiwonju (his nairaland ID is acl200) here on Nairaland after he advertised himself as a custom clearing agent ! After clearing a couple of cars for me, i introduced a friend to him this November to clear a 2013 toyota venza. upon paying the agreed sum of 1.2m Naira, Abiodun started avoiding my friend ! After waiting for over 2 weeks it became clear that this guy had not done anything about clearing the car hence my friend had to raise another money to clear the car through another agent ! The greatest surprise is that Abiodun asked me to come to tincan port to meet with him which i did, all the way from Abeokuta only for him to keep me waiting at the gate for over 4hrs without showing up ! My friend is actually threatening to arrest me if i fail to produce Abiodun within the next 3days. I have visited his family house at 25 adenola street ketu where i was also poorly attended to (guess i was not the first to complain or they are his partner in crime) as my effort to make them disclose his new address yielded no result.
I have decided to treat the case my own way but this write up is just to prevent others from having any dealings with him to pevent writing this kind of story !

2 Likes

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Mannastoress: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2013
Did you pay cash to him or paid into his bank account, if bank account, take d case to efcc, d will freeze his account n get in touch with d contacts in his account or take d case to sars office at gra ikeja, u will be surprise when dey arrest all his relations u meet at his address, they will surely produce is latest contact details, dats what I did when I was owed 550k by a fraudulent nl member last year.

1 Like

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by femmy2010(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2013
This is very bad indeed.
I pray the hand of the Law catch up with him soon.
From the write up above,I can confidently state that he simply lured your friend's patronage with a lowered clearing quote of N1.2m for the 013 Venza.
Nairalanders should be more careful and not allow criminals to con them of their hard earned money.
I do advise you report to the appropriate authority.

1 Like

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Zagash(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks guys for your concerns. I will keep you posted as events unfold.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by USAutoBuy(m): 10:40am On Nov 13, 2013
We are surely watching with undivided attention. Praying for a good ending on this one

1 Like

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by omoluabi1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
We can't judge this by hearing from one party alone. We need to hear from the accused too since both parties have transacted in the past without any ish. ACL pls let us hear your own side of the story.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by thegame(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
If anything, this is one reason I pray this "made in nigeria" car manufacturing project works out. I mean pay over a million naira to clear a car because its new? Just tiring.

And no more fraudulent clearing agents will be able to scam us again.

2 Likes

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by acl200(m): 8:01am On Nov 15, 2013
Good day Mr owoyemi, I really appreciate this Thank God you have already indicated it that we have been dealing together before, also you guys in the forum don't judged with one sided analysis, mr omo-luwabi thank for your understanding "little I say" how can 1.2m clear 2013 Venza that FGN custom surface duty and vat is simply 1.7m.

1 Like

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Zagash(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Good thing that you responded even though the main issue is not adddressed in your response. The fact is you swindled my friend of 1.2m naira meant for clearing a 2013 venza as agreed by the 2 of you without honoring your part of the deal ! You also failed 2 see either my friend or myself after you collected the money ! Another fact is you still have the money with you!Till this moment you have not seen me nor my friend to tell us what happend or how you intend to pay back.
So what are trying to say here ?
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by pafestula(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Following...
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by femmy2010(m): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hmm
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by plendil: 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
acl200: Good day Mr owoyemi, I really appreciate this Thank God you have already indicated it that we have been dealing together before, also you guys in the forum[b] don't judged with one sided analysis[/b], mr omo-luwabi thank for your understanding "little I say" how can 1.2m clear 2013 Venza that FGN custom surface duty and vat is simply 1.7m.

You should have provided your own side if you didn't want us to 'judge with one sided analysis', because as it stands, the evidence is pretty compelling:

You knew the the money wouldn't be enough, yet you collected it. BAD!!

Let us even assume you were not aware of the actual price, would it not have spared your integrity to have informed OP, immediately, that the money was insufficient, and effect a refund if need be? Yet, according to OP, you started avoiding him and the client. VERY BADD!!

3 Likes

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by kenzspunpy(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
plendil:

You should have provided your own side if you didn't want us to 'judge with one sided analysis', because as it stands, the evidence is pretty compelling:

You knew the the money wouldn't be enough, yet you collected it. BAD!!

Let us even assume you were not aware of the actual price, would it not have spared your integrity to have informed OP, immediately, that the money was insufficient, and effect a refund if need be? Yet, according to OP, you started avoiding him and the client. VERY BADD!!

Well said Femi. That you've had previous dealings with the complainant doesn't exonerate you. Also, your failure to refute the complainants claim of obtaining 1.2M in your terse response proves that you are indeed guilty. Better refund the money you obtained ASAP.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by BE811APP: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Fingers Crossed...

Biko where I go get Pop Corn, Gala and Lacasera smiley
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by olanshi: 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
acl200: Good day Mr owoyemi, I really appreciate this Thank God you have already indicated it that we have been dealing together before, also you guys in the forum don't judged with one sided analysis, mr omo-luwabi thank for your understanding "little I say" how can 1.2m clear 2013 Venza that FGN custom surface duty and vat is simply 1.7m.

If he's friend truly paid you 1,2m naira for the clearing of the car and you are unable to do the clearing! Please do a big favor by returning the MONEY PEACEFULLY AND NOBODY GET HURTS... It is not a threat ooo but the EAGLE IS WATCHING!!! PLEASE COMPLY ASAP!!!

YOU ARE A REGISTERED NAIRALAND MEMBER SINCE 2011, AND AM SURE YOU HAVE A VERY BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD OF YOU BUT DON'T USE A MINOR THING TO DESTROY THE INTEGRITY YOU ARE BUILDING STAGE BY STAGE... A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

2 Likes

Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by USAutoBuy(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
N1.2m is a lot of money for anyone to pay or stand to lose. For the person to pay that type of money, there must have been some type of discussion/understanding between you guys before he goes ahead and pay the money.

If the money is enough to clear the car, you should have done that already. And if not, you should have returned the money by now.

The payee will not come here crying about non-performance / breach of contract if he is knows its just part payment. Unless of course, he either misunderstood you or you misled him in some kind of way.

Either way it goes, refund is the best thing to do at this point.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by sheyai: 1:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
acl200: Good day Mr owoyemi, I really appreciate this Thank God you have already indicated it that we have been dealing together before, also you guys in the forum don't judged with one sided analysis, mr omo-luwabi thank for your understanding "little I say" how can 1.2m clear 2013 Venza that FGN custom surface duty and vat is simply 1.7m.
Acl agreed 1.2m is not enough to clear that kind of ride and you haven't denied collecting the money. My question is where is the money?
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by chucky234(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
N1.2m in this hard time? Haba Acl pls do the needful and return the money since the said car has been cleared by another agent.
Let us be our brothers' keepers.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by AvilaProjects(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Zagash: Good thing that you responded even though the main issue is not adddressed in your response. The fact is you swindled my friend of 1.2m naira meant for clearing a 2013 venza as agreed by the 2 of you without honoring your part of the deal ! You also failed 2 see either my friend or myself after you collected the money ! Another fact is you still have the money with you!Till this moment you have not seen me nor my friend to tell us what happend or how you intend to pay back.
So what are trying to say here ?

Dear Zaqash and Acl200,
Have you guys settle your differences? Kindly update the house.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Zagash(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sorry house, as expected this sort of issue is not gonna be easy to resolve, promises have been made by Acl200, waiting patiently till due date (29th Nov.) Before taking the next line of action. For now, playing the gentleman that I am before porting to Agege mode ! Hope to update you after that.
Avila Projects:

Dear Zaqash and Acl200,
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by OjomiLimited: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Zagash: Sorry house, as expected this sort of issue is not gonna be easy to resolve, promises have been made by Acl200, waiting patiently till due date (29th Nov.) Before taking the next line of action. For now, playing the gentleman that I am before porting to Agege mode ! Hope to update you after that.

How far? Hope the case is finally settled?
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by omoluabi1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
@op, Mr Abbey said he has given you some money as promised on 29th of November. You could have posted something regarding this, so peeps can follow up on this matter. I knew about this cos I asked Mr Abiodun cos he's my clearing agent. Pls update us and let us know what's going on. Thanks.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Jodesky(m): 12:21am On Dec 23, 2013
omo_luabi: @op, Mr Abbey said he has given you some money as promised on 29th of November. You could have posted something regarding this, so peeps can follow up on this matter. I knew about this cos I asked Mr Abiodun cos he's my clearing agent. Pls update us and let us know what's going on. Thanks.
So, some guys are still patronizing this person. Pls tread carefully sir, lest you come back here with stories that touch the heart.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by AvilaProjects(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2013
Avila Projects:

Dear Zaqash and Acl200,

Dear Zagash,
Hope all is well with you? It is not good as you have refused to update us on the development on the issue between you and Acl200.

Please the house is waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by omoluabi1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote author=Jodesky]
So, some guys are still patronizing this person. Pls tread carefully sir, lest you come back here with stories that touch the heart.
[So, some guys are still patronizing this person. Pls tread carefully sir, lest you come back here with stories that touch the heart.
[I've been dealing with ACL200 since 2008. Mr Abbey has been. Clearing both cars and other goods for me since we started dealing together. I cannot because of this "flimsy" issue stop dealing with him. Besides, where is the reporter to verify what Mr Abbey told me? ]
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by Zagash(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sorry house for not updating this thread on time,my job had really taken me away from nairaland for a while now. Pls note that I am still getting in touch wit Abbey (only on phone, physical contact has been difficult for obvious reasons) and my friend, who is the victim.
So far he has refunded 300k (200k and later 100k). If you consider that as a fair deal , its up to you ! I guess he eplained that part to you omoluabi ? As for me a word is enough for the wise !
Avila Projects:
Dear Zagash,
Hope all is well with you? It is not good as you have refused to update us on the development on the issue between you and Acl200.
Please the house is waiting to hear from you.
Regards,
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by coolsegun2002: 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo ..this ACL 200 dude has got nerve ....he still got the balls to comment saying the money aint enuf to clear the venza......so where the Fu*k is the 1.2mill......so if it aint enuf for clearing then the solution is for u to pocket the cash abi?....na so pple dey die mysterious death ooo...we go come dey pity dem...we no go know say dem don spend anoda person hard earned sweat...
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by kevyngbash(m): 9:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
I just got my own dose of scam by Mr Abiodun Ebinwoju. He has helped me to clear a car in the past and it was cordial. but I just gave him 950k as part payment to clear 3 sienna that I brought. the guy has bolted with the money and I am in a big mess now. I was only lucky to get back the original BoL sent to him and just had to engage someone else to.
ship arrived 6th of feb and I gave this guy 800k. he told me it will be out like Thursday last week and I followed up till he said he needed the rest. I told him he cant have the rest since we agreed that the cars should be out before I pay the rest. he pressurized and I gave him another 150k. from Sunday he switched off his lines and till now has gone like the wind. I called him a couple of minutes ago, it range but he never picked. next tin, he switched off.

I was lucky to get the originals from someone in his 'office'. don't ask why I did not arrest the person cos it has been trickey. I wanted the papers back. he wasn't around when the papers got to Nigeria so the person took receipt.

I didn't see the post on time. How I wish I did.

@Zagash, please I need to talk to you. u can drop me a mail on zero eight zero 994440 nine nine (cojese at yahoo .com) I need you now.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by tolulinks(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
kevyngbash:
I just got my own dose of scam by Mr Abiodun Ebinwoju. He has helped me to clear a car in the past and it was cordial. but I just gave him 950k as part payment to clear 3 sienna that I brought. the guy has bolted with the money and I am in a big mess now. I was only lucky to get back the original BoL sent to him and just had to engage someone else to.
ship arrived 6th of feb and I gave this guy 800k. he told me it will be out like Thursday last week and I followed up till he said he needed the rest. I told him he cant have the rest since we agreed that the cars should be out before I pay the rest. he pressurized and I gave him another 150k. from Sunday he switched off his lines and till now has gone like the wind. I called him a couple of minutes ago, it range but he never picked. next tin, he switched off.

I was lucky to get the originals from someone in his 'office'. don't ask why I did not arrest the person cos it has been trickey. I wanted the papers back. he wasn't around when the papers got to Nigeria so the person took receipt.

I didn't see the post on time. How I wish I did.

@Zagash, please I need to talk to you. u can drop me a mail on zero eight zero 994440 nine nine (cojese at yahoo .com) I need you now.

stop playing daft. arrest one of his family members preferably his mum. she will fish him out for you
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by ahaika23: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by kevyngbash(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2015
Man, thanks for ur contribution but don't insult anybody yet. Who said I have not done something?
I shld share progress with you as we go but don't just jump into using such word as 'daft' on me. I forgive you though ( whether u retract it or not)

@Zagash, I see that you have shared your email. I have written you a mail. Waiting for your response.
Re: Acl200 (abiodun Ebiwonju) A Fraud ! Be Warned by kevyngbash(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
To let you guys know that I have been settling with Abiodun. he has been working with me to sort out the issues we h=both had with regards to clearing of my cars

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD Very Sharp Toyota Camry Tinylite For Sale / SOLD!!!!!!!!!!! Nissan Altima 2005 Keyless Entry Nd Thumb Start / How reliable is Nissan primera 2002 model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.