Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here (9599 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
woky: mtchw!
everybody have known you to be a very abusive and insultive person. No need toeing ur line.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
try69: Laughter is really food for the soul grin grin

I love this thread grin grin grin grin
sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
I have 18 powerful questions to ask these cat-holics. How i wish one of them can defend themselves here rather than going round and round is circles without purpose. cheesy

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys", (200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".
Click on photo for high resolution
Historical note:Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from thepaganreligions who were already using them hundreds of years before: In 456 AD,Hindusare thought to have introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108)Islam(610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God.Buddhistshave 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.
very correct
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: everybody have known you to be a very abusive and insultive person. No need toeing ur line.
when its time for him to defend himself now he runs away. Hahaha
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by woky: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: everybody have known you to be a very abusive and insultive person. No need toeing ur line.
haba!
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by lilkech(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
FACT ALERT!

The Catholic church is the largest and oldest christian organization in the world. They are the originators of christianity as we all know it today. Their beliefs and doctrines stretch across every single corner of the whole world.

If you're a Christian but beef the doctrine of the Catholic Church, then you are just being rude to your "OGA AT THE TOP", only the religion of Islam can rival catholics. All other churches and religions are mediocre.

No other christian organization or body is older than 200yrs in Nigeria, there are approximately 1000 other protestant, pentecostal churches etc and if you are not a Catholic then you must belongto one of the very nnumerous MINORITY churches.

Stop questioning your Oga, it's not wise.

1 Like

Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ukuts gp: very correct
more than correct. They cant deny it nah. They dare not cause they know its tru. Abi @try69 isnt it? cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
lilkech: FACT ALERT!

The Catholic church is the largest and oldest christian organization in the world. They are the originators of christianity as we all know it today. Their beliefs and doctrines stretch across every single corner of the whole world.

If you're a Christian but beef the doctrine of the Catholic Church, then you are just being rude to your "OGA AT THE TOP", only the religion of Islam can rival catholics. All other churches and religions are mediocre.

No other christian organization or body is older than 200yrs in Nigeria, there are approximately 1000 other protestant, pentecostal churches etc and if you are not a Catholic then you must belongto one of the very nnumerous MINORITY churches.

hahhaha no body is beefing any one here. I guess you read the topic of the thread. Kindly defend your gospel bro. Mind you. God is the Oga at the top. Hehehe
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
lilkech: FACT ALERT!

hahhahaha ''FACT ALERT'' . LOL
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: @ try69, this is where u are needed. Can u say anything with respect to the bolded? cheesy
If you mean the "I love you", you tell the same loved one everytime, then why do you feel God will be angered by my repetitive meaningful prayer? Olodo
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Let me point this out here.. Its quite amazing how somone professes in somtin he himself knows little or nothing about. Most of these catholics claim to be ''abiding by the dogmas' lol but barely know their church history. Yes church history.
Any intelligent catholic there? Hands up! cheesy
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
JMAN05:

sorry for that dear. but you ve still shown that you are not serious. you ve finally seen the thread, yet you brought another unreasonable complain.

that is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1521213/italo-defend-catholic-doctrine-here#1521213.8

It is not "another unreasonable complaint.

It is the very same complaint I made on this thread.

I wonder why they call people who repeat the same things they're scolded for "goat."

Perhaps, they should call goats who go back where you just flogged them away from "JMAN."
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
try69:
If you mean the "I love you", you tell the same loved one everytime, then why do you feel God will be angered by my repetitive meaningful prayer? Olodo
hahahha God bless you. Let me correct you cause its vivid that u didnt understand my post earlier. See bro. Making a repetitive prayer is not bad and as a matter of fact is not a sin.. See What am stressing on is d beads or chain.oops sorry rosary u use in praying ok. Can u Prrove that from the bible?.. Now can i ask you this, do you know your church history??
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
@italo. If ur a true catholic and u feel what u believe in is the 'right' fin. Answer the questions below. Others are welcomed cheesy

1.If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews , then later accept it? Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Should not the "Holy See" have known?
2.If the Orthodox church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did the eastern churches reject or question the inspiration of Revelation, then later accept it? Conversely, the east accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Orthodox church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple?
3.If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible in 397 AD, then why did many different versions of canons continue to circulate long afterwards?
4.If the Roman Catholic church gave us the Bible, why were the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) African councils, and not initiatives of Rome?
5.Since the synod Carthage in 393 AD stated, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon", does this not prove that Rome had no direct input or initiative in determining the canon.
6.Since the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) were under the control of what would later become the "orthodox church", how can the Roman Catholic church claim they determined the Canon? Would not such a claim be more naturally due the Eastern Orthodox church?
7.If the Catholic church, "by her own inherent God given power and authority" gave the world the Bible, why did she not get it right the first time? Why did the Roman Catholic church wait until 1546 AD in the Council of Trent, to officially add the Apocrypha to the Canon?
8.Both Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox church leaders make the identical claim that they gave the world the Bible. If both the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches make the same claim they gave the world the Bible, why do they have different books in each of their Bibles? Whose "church authority" shall we believe? Whose tradition is the one we should follow?
9.Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin.
10.Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?
11.If you are not permitted to engage in private interpretation of the Bible, how do you know which "apostolic tradition" is correct between the Roman Catholic, the Orthodox and the Watchtower churches, for all three teach the organization alone can interpret scripture correctly, to the exclusion of individual?
12.Why did God fail to provide an inspired and infallible list of Old Testament books to Israel? Why would God suddenly provide such a list only after Israel was destroyed in 70 AD?
13.How could the Jews know that books of Kings or Isaiah were Scripture?
14.If the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches both believes that the scripture: "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth" means the church is protected from error then: a. Why do they teach doctrine so different that they are not even in communion with each other? b. How do you account for the vast number of documented theological errors made by the pope and the church in general?
15.If the both the Orthodox and Catholic churches follow apostolic oral tradition exactly, how come they teach doctrine so different, that they are not even in communion with each other?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
More!

If sola Scriptura cannot be the correct method of determining truth because of the religious division among churches that claim to use sola Scriptura, then does this not also disqualify the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches method of using tradition, since they are divided against themselves?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by try69: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: hahahha God bless you. Let me correct you cause its vivid that u didnt understand my post earlier. See bro. Making a repetitive prayer is not bad and as a matter of fact is not a sin.. See What am stressing on is d beads or chain.oops sorry rosary u use in praying ok. Can u Prrove that from the bible?.. Now can i ask you this, do you know your church history??

I will answer you after you prove to me from the bible that jesus wore trousers as you wear now.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why do Roman Catholics always use 2 Timothy 2:2; 3:14 as Bible proof that extra-biblical oral tradition is to be followed through apostolic succession, when tradition says Timothy became the bishop of Ephesians, which through succession, is now part of the Greek Orthodox church headed out of Constantinople? If 2 Timothy 2:2 proves succession, doesn't this prove the Roman Catholic church is not part of that succession?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by ismokeweed1(f): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Let me point this out here.. Its quite amazing how somone professes in somtin he himself knows little or nothing about. Most of these catholics claim to be ''abiding by the dogmas' lol but barely know their church history. Yes church history.

Really?

Who is the person that Jesus entrusted to carry on his teachings and be the foundation of the CHURCH here on Earth?

Who is the first saint/founder of the Catholic Church?

when did YOUR own church BEGIN?

Na wao for the way Christianity has changed these days, truly the world is coming to an end since Nigeria alone can boast of almost 5000 churches (and counting) today. Even CANOPY pastors are rampant these days, with a congregation of 20 members.

Why I love catholics is that they don't do "gra-gra" to justify their doctrines, even YOUR GREAT GRAND forefathers will give testimony to their doctrines which have not changed for centuries unlike all these churches that started when one man claims to have seen God in a vision and carry flocks of mugus to worship, buy him jets and call him daddy all year long.

You all know that religion is higher than government and the papacy is THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY IN THE WORLD

Just look at CE followers frying their Jerry curls and ladies wearing skimpy attires to church and dancing Skelewu every Sunday

Lol, I will rather pray a thousand decades of a rosary than waste my time. Catholics don't need to make mouth, our ways and doctrines have been crafted time in memorial.

Ps: i respect all churches, especially JW, DL and Anglican, apart from these, all others are just disgruntled Christians trying to make a name for themselves in Nigeria
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 1:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: hahhaha no body is beefing any one here. I guess you read the topic of the thread. Kindly defend your gospel bro. Mind you. God is the Oga at the top. Hehehe

We have nothing to defend here. Catholic doctrines are not to be argued, and for you protestants and non christians, this statement will be difficult for you to grasp.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

It is not "another unreasonable complaint.

It is the very same complaint I made on this thread.

I wonder why they call people who repeat the same things they're scolded for "goat."

Perhaps, they should call goats who go back where you just flogged them away from "JMAN."

You should have followed the statement from context. if you did, the word 'another' would have made sense to you. before you behaved as if you were looking for the thread to reply, only to see a blank thread. now when you saw the thread, you brought another complain.

whom you are is already known to all. I pity for you.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by italo: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: @italo. If ur a true catholic and u feel what u believe in is the 'right' fin. Answer the questions below. Others are welcomed cheesy

Matt 27:40 - And saying: Vah, thou that destroyest the temple of God, and in three days dost rebuild it: save thy own self: if thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.41 - In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking, said:42 - He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the king of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Did Jesus come down from the cross?

Did it make him a liar?

Let me imitate the master.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eberex:

We have nothing to defend here. Catholic doctrines are not to be argued, and for you protestants and non christians, this statement will be difficult for you to grasp.

so difficult bro, cos we have seen you guys argue catholic doctrines before, but now state that it is not to be argued.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Ukutsgp(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

Really?

Who is the person that Jesus entrusted to carry on his teachings and be the foundation of the CHURCH here on Earth?

Na wao for the way Christianity has changed these days, truly the world is coming to an end since Nigeria alone can boast of almost 5000 churches (and counting) today. Even CANOPY pastors are rampant these days, with a congregation of 20 members.

Why I love catholics is that they don't do "gra-gra" to justify their doctrines, even YOUR GREAT GRAND forefathers will give testimony to their doctrines which have not changed for centuries unlike all these churches that started when one man claims to have seen God in a vision and carry flocks of mugus to worship, buy him jets and call him daddy all year long.

You all know that religion is higher than government and the papacy is THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY IN THE WORLD

Just look at CE followers frying their Jerry curls and ladies wearing skimpy attires to church and dancing Skelewu every Sunday

Lol, I will rather pray a thousand decades of a rosary than waste my time. Catholics don't need to make mouth, our ways and doctrines have been crafted time in memorial.

Ps: i respect all churches, especially JW, DL and Anglican, apart from these, all others are just disgruntled Christians trying to make a name for themselves in Nigeria
ur username says it all
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: hahhaha no body is beefing any one here. I guess you read the topic of the thread. Kindly defend your gospel bro. Mind you. God is the Oga at the top. Hehehe

Most of the people talking here are so naive. The changing of most of these days in which the pegans celebrate somthing into a catholic own day was a way of killing off their beliefs. Conversion into christianity started on this note.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eberex:

We have nothing to defend here.
we are both saying the same thing. Hahhaha
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
italo:

Matt 27:40 - And saying: Vah, thou that destroyest the temple of God, and in three days dost rebuild it: save thy own self: if thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.41 - In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking, said:42 - He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the king of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Did Jesus come down from the cross?

Did it make him a liar?

Let me imitate the master.

How did you expect Jesus to go against the prophesy and God's will? Italo my man..., I understand. eyah!! e no easy I see.

You will not see 1 Pet. 3:15 and make a defense. Jesus defended himself, dont twist his word for your escape. you can pray to your dead saints for help.
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by lacum: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: @italo. If ur a true catholic and u feel what u believe in is the 'right' fin. Answer the questions below. Others are welcomed cheesy

1.If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did Rome reject or question the inspiration of James and Hebrews , then later accept it? Conversely, Rome accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Catholic church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple? Should not the "Holy See" have known?
2.If the Orthodox church gave the world the Bible, being infallible, then why did the eastern churches reject or question the inspiration of Revelation, then later accept it? Conversely, the east accepted as scripture books that were later rejected. If the Orthodox church really is illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that men can trust her as "God's organization", why was she so wrong about something so simple?
3.If the Roman Catholic church gave the world the Bible in 397 AD, then why did many different versions of canons continue to circulate long afterwards?
4.If the Roman Catholic church gave us the Bible, why were the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) African councils, and not initiatives of Rome?
5.Since the synod Carthage in 393 AD stated, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon", does this not prove that Rome had no direct input or initiative in determining the canon.
6.Since the two synods of Hippo (393 AD) and Carthage, (397 AD) were under the control of what would later become the "orthodox church", how can the Roman Catholic church claim they determined the Canon? Would not such a claim be more naturally due the Eastern Orthodox church?
7.If the Catholic church, "by her own inherent God given power and authority" gave the world the Bible, why did she not get it right the first time? Why did the Roman Catholic church wait until 1546 AD in the Council of Trent, to officially add the Apocrypha to the Canon?
8.Both Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox church leaders make the identical claim that they gave the world the Bible. If both the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches make the same claim they gave the world the Bible, why do they have different books in each of their Bibles? Whose "church authority" shall we believe? Whose tradition is the one we should follow?
9.Provide a single example of a doctrine that originates from an oral Apostolic Tradition that the Bible is silent about? Provide proof that this doctrinal tradition is apostolic in origin.
10.Provide a single example of where inspired apostolic "oral revelation" (tradition) differed from "written" (scripture)?
11.If you are not permitted to engage in private interpretation of the Bible, how do you know which "apostolic tradition" is correct between the Roman Catholic, the Orthodox and the Watchtower churches, for all three teach the organization alone can interpret scripture correctly, to the exclusion of individual?
12.Why did God fail to provide an inspired and infallible list of Old Testament books to Israel? Why would God suddenly provide such a list only after Israel was destroyed in 70 AD?
13.How could the Jews know that books of Kings or Isaiah were Scripture?
14.If the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches both believes that the scripture: "the church is the pillar and foundation of truth" means the church is protected from error then: a. Why do they teach doctrine so different that they are not even in communion with each other? b. How do you account for the vast number of documented theological errors made by the pope and the church in general?
15.If the both the Orthodox and Catholic churches follow apostolic oral tradition exactly, how come they teach doctrine so different, that they are not even in communion with each other?
my broda, if u want this questn anawered, open another thread. but if u insist on posting it here ur wasting ur time.
i think u know d answers dats y kip posting here when u know we will neva answer u
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

Really?

many people dont really understand what traditions means and how important it is. When Jesus was on earth he still had to follow the Jewish traditions, why?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by Eberex(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
mavister: Let me point this out here.. Its quite amazing how somone professes in somtin he himself knows little or nothing about. Most of these catholics claim to be ''abiding by the dogmas' lol but barely know their church history. Yes church history.

before i answer, what christian denomination are you?
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
lacum:
my broda, if u want this questn anawered, open another thread. but if u insist on posting it here ur wasting ur time.
i think u know d answers dats y kip posting here when u know we will neva answer u
did you have to quote all my posts for all these?i was scrolling down with hope thinking i would see an answer there
Re: @ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here by mavister(m): 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eberex:

before i answer, what christian denomination are you?
oga what is your church history? Or you dont know? Besides the topic of the thread still stands .incase you've forgotten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is Cleanliness Really Next To Godliness? / MFM (mountain Of Fire & Miracle Ministries) New Regulations!! / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.