Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers (17986 Views)

Your Nigerian Navy Dssc Past Questions And Answers / If You Were To Be Nairaland's Admin For An Hour? / If I Was The Nairaland Admin For Just A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 12:14am On Aug 30, 2005
Hello,

Please feel free to use this page to ask the administrator any question you might have about our rules & regulations, guidelines, recent announcements, actions, et cetera. Questions that will help you to understand the Nairaland Forum better. The answers to such questions will be supplied by the administrator.

Best Regards,
Seun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 1:08am On Aug 30, 2005
Where has my post/thread gone?

- If you post a topic that violates any of our our rules and regulations, it may be deleted.
- If you post a new topic in the wrong section, it will be moved by a moderator.
- If you can't find a recent post, go to your profile and click "show the last posts of this person" before assuming that it has been deleted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2005
Yes, the administrator operates as a benevolent dictator because this is an efficient way to operate. Most business proprietors operate the same way!

A benevolent dictator is "an undemocratic or authoritarian leader who exercises his or her political power for the benefit of the people rather than exclusively for his or her own self-interest or benefit, or for the benefit of only a small portion of the people."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_dictator
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Greatpeter(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2005
Do you have advisers running this forum?

Do you consult anyone before an action is taken or any legal adviser for this type of forum?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2005
At this point in the time, I'm the one that makes all the decisions concerning the Nairaland Forum. Before each decision, I consult trusted users, I consult google, and I consult US-based administrators of other forums. But at the end of the day, I'm the one who has to agonize over the decision, make the decision, and bear responsibility for the consequences!

I cannot tell you if we have legal advisers or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by kazey(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2005
Do you allow your emotions to control your decision making?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2005
Yes, I do.

As a matter of fact, most of our actions are tightly wrapped up in our emotions whether we believe it or not. I do not believe myself to be more biased than other forum administrators. I just happen to display more emotion because the Nairaland Forum is my full time venture, therefore anyone who is troubling the forum is troubling me. It's not just business, it's very personal!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by IAH(f): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2005
Do you feel bad when a valued member leaves the forum?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Aug 30, 2005
Yes, I do. But once they decide to leave, there is nothing I can do to bring them back. In the past I used to make efforts to bring people back, but after my nasty experiences with Trae and Soul, I realized that once a member is not happy the best course of action is to look for new members to fill his shoes.

As long as we're constantly reaching out to new members, it is very hard for the forum to die. Those who decide to leave are only isolating themselves for nothing!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by hotangel2(f): 11:30pm On Aug 30, 2005
Don't you think the decisions you make affect the nairaland Users in a probably negative way?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2005
Every decision I make will affect some people in a negative way and affect others in a positive way. My hope is that those that are affected positively will be the majority, while those affected negatively will be in the minority! Nairaland Forum is determined to go places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2005
please sir would u be kind enough as to give us statistics on

how many members u quarrel/have a dissagreement with daily, such that they decide to stop posting on the forum?
how many members u have banned?
how many u have put on probation?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2005
- At the moment of this writing, 2 IP addresses and 2 members are banned, and 2 accounts have been deactivated at the request of their owners.
- There is no Nairaland member on probation at this time!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by cushman(m): 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2005
Is there any link on this site that we can use in inviting our friends to join nairaland?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2005
Currently, if you want to invite your friend to join Nairaland, you can send a topic of interest to your friend, which will give your friend the chance to see what the forum is about and then sign up. In the near feature we will activate tools to enable you to invite all your friends at once in a more direct way.

This is a very good question; thanks!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by angelak(f): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2005
Good morning Sir,
I humbly ask , what was wrong with the questions i asked Cimonjorr? why did you delete it? I think i have a right to know.
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Sep 01, 2005
I have no idea what you're talking about angela k. Sorry embarassed.
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Latoya(f): 5:02am On Sep 08, 2005
Why do u delete posts without members notification?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 6:02am On Sep 08, 2005
Because of the excessive number of posts we have to handle every day. However, in the future we're introducing a paid priority support for those who want us to notify them whenever any change is being made to their posts. So if you pay, we would be able to afford the time to notify you properly when your message has a problem. But we can't afford to provide such a service for every member!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by whiteshark(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2005
what kind of question would amount to being offensive to be deleted from the forum.

what kind of offensive remarks can earn a member to be banned from d forum
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by fabian(f): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2005
One Question Coming UP!
Why do you edit posts, like the one I posted 2 days ago about eating You up if you turned to a chicken, goat or cow. (It was in Blazing red originally) What you did was change the font face to the way that suited your taste I didn't see it as offensive, or breaking any Nairaland rule for that matter. just wonderin anyway......................
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 3:56am On Sep 10, 2005
You're right; you didn't break any rule. The rules are incomplete, apologies for the inconvenience!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by IAH(f): 9:39am On Oct 21, 2005
I have two questions:
1. How do I create a poll?
2. How do I change my username?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Greatpeter(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2005
Why did you ditch my post titled"If your wife is pregnant for your best friend and vise versa for men"in to the recycle bin and another person stole the topic from me which you pasted on the Nairaland forum page?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by fabian(f): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2005
Oya now, Answer
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2005
IAH: I can change your username and post polls for you.

Greatpeter, your thread was moved to the recycle bin because it wasn't well developed.
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by whiteshark(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2005
why do u act like a dictator........
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by cushman(m): 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2005
If i happen to forget my nairaland login password, how do i retrieve it?
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by chillin(f): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2005
ohhh my!!!! 4 real mr moderator or admin!!! i really don't get yor rulesss or lawsssss in here!! supp mehn!! u just deleted my post juss like that c'mon mehn!! i was there in a minute came back d next second.n' the damn thing is gone?? i know i wasn't swearing!! any explanationsss
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2005
Yes, your posts were off-topic. Currently, we are facing a moderator crisis that doesn't enable us to remove all posts that break the rules, so those whose posts are removed tend to feel that they are being targetted. Which is not true!
Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by snazzydawn(f): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2005
SEUN!!!!!!I wonder why there is no chatroom here!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Admin Questions and Answers by Seun(m): 2:04am On Nov 30, 2005
cushman: Visit www.nairaland.com/?action=reminder to reset your lost password.

hot-angel: Signatures will be removed if they are found to be distracting.

c0dec, hot-angel: Your posts have been removed because they are not questions.

snazzydawn: Try www.nairaland.com/chat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Begging Business! / Pictures Of Lawrence Anini And Osunbor: Anyone? / Who Is This Mc Oluomo In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.