Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? (17034 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Ezedon(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
it is prefarable to know the truth cus and such can make the reationship to be stable
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by checkdate(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
N O !
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by cutebobo(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
There is noting as hurtful as guy telling is girlfriend this; BOY: u know I love u. GIRL: really? Tell me more? BOY: I don't think our relationship can last till this moment if not because of the SEX with do have. GIRL: what? So u only love me because of sex? Oh my god! So so so ( the boy cut in ). BOY: no oooooo, I don't mean that oooo, I'm just addicted to sex
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its OK to tell WHITE LIES....BLACK LIES are bad!!!! undecided
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by endie44: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Depends on timing and Delivery. if presented well the truth will not Hurt.. it requires skill and tact to handle sensitive relationship issues.
Most times we just say things the way they appear in our minds, no careful consideration of how to tell the truth.. therefore it leads to hurt. it maybe there fore easier and better not to say the truth if you know you can't present at well enough at the point in time..
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by youngice(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
its not compulsory to talk ,sometimes just keep quiet and smile cause not all truth is useful and truth with intent to hurt is as good as a lie

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
In all things use common sense.

You wont tell your partner you were eyeing another woman lustfully
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by modupeaderonke(f): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Not really but somtimes it does,so the betta tin 2 do is just 2 lock up and not say anytin

2 Likes

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by kushsy: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
Truth can hurt relationship.I once told a truth that ended my relationship.tot I was doing the right thing abeg my ppl now I know better. Tell some n keep some.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by MrAboki: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its a really tricky question...

Somethings are best left buried deep down. #Fact!

However, some buried secrets do have a crazy way of resurfacing..

My advice:: I always advice that people tell the truth and darn the consequences.. When you bury the truth, all you have done is postponed a problem that you could have dealt with today.

Now!! Imagine a Man/woman who goes to his/her wife/husband and confesses infidelity... Its bad!! True.
So.. Imagine the Man/woman discovers the infidelity of a partner on his/her own.. This is definitely worse.

Reason being that the former carries an element of regret/remorse, the other doesnt.

NOW!! The down side to tellin the truth is that some partners would forever use it as a weapon against their other half.. Thats where the real problem lies.

SO OP!! There is no yes or no answer.. Just a right and wrong! Right being tell the truth..

4 Likes

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by MrBravo(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
The secret of every successful relationship is lies and deny.....Omo ara aye ko fe otito, Olorun oba ko fero. You should have no reason to tell lies to each other if you both fear God(I mean GOD, the creator of all creature)
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by browncool(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Big4wig: _.._____________-.__-_-___
../_==o;;;;;;;;____ ___.___=>
....), ---.(_(__) /
...// (..) ), ----"
..//___//
.//___//

bia mods take time
Bros no offense. Are you addicted to criminology?
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Texykool: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Mr Aboki: Depends on who you are in the relationship with..

Simple!

Some people want to be lied to...
Some people wanna be told the truth... Sometimes
Some people wanna hear the truth always... Even if it will hurt.

Treat each person according to their preference...
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by badmeat(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
I don't tell the truth,and I don't lie either,#They can't see me coming#grin
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by mimicue(f): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Telling the truth will hurt the relationship..the best thing to do is stop whatever u did...or ur doing that can affect the relationship. Because the truth always hurt no matter what... Best thing keep quiet and make amendments whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Owolabi10: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
I like to say things the way I see them, I don't know if I should call that the truth, but what I get in return is ' u no Sabi talk' especially from ladies, I guess I shouldn't expect less from a society where the 'truth' is widely considered the enemy!
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by alfredo4u(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Am having the problem now with my babe
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Morgan1092(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
Somethings are better left alone #my thought though#
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by packman: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2013

[size=20pt]
HELLO IN NIGERIA GIRLS AND LIES ARE BOUND TOGETHER................. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

YOU CANT JUST HELP IT.......... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed[/size]
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
some times keeping mute is the best tin to do.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by gbengaola: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Very clear and somewhat concise write up which when followed can be a blessing to relationships.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Orikinla(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
In most cases, it does, but it is the best medicine.
Truth is like bitter medicine that heals the wounds.
The sooner you know or tell the truth the better.
But you need wisdom to address those who cannot bear the truth.
Only immature and insecure people are always scared of the truth.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Miner13: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
D best tin eva in a relatnship 'TRUTH'
Meanwhile in a relatnship wia dia is no lie dia is absolutely no luv
U LIED 2 KIP RELATNSHIP HEALTHY
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by henrizzle(m): 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
When I was in the university, my gf had an affair with another guy and told me the truth. I was so logical to forgive and accept her back but the moment I had an affair with my fellow corper member and told was the day my relationship with her crashed. Saying the truth doesn't hinder anything rather everything depends on individual and Ĥ♥̸̨W̶̲̥̅̊ to handle the shock that goes with the truth.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by RockMaxi: 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
mascot87: Let us not deceive ourselves,80-100% truthfulness will crash a relationship.We have to tell some lies so as to keep the relationship interesting & happy.Ọmọ,if you tell the truth always in a relationship,it will always be full of sadness,disappointments,fights and finally breakup.Some lies are meant to spice up relationships men.But HD lies breakup a relationship very fast cool

Really you don't need to lie to save your face in a relationship but choose a comical way to tell the truth. I have done it so many times. wink
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Ifedechidex: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
If it likes, let it kill d person. As long as its d truth, always say it! Truth pays u knww, n only d truth can stand d test of time!!!

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
[size=64pt]Yes! Yes ! Yes![/size]
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by izuplayspiano(m): 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Trust is the glue that gums a relationship together and it begins to melt apart immediately lies come in-between.
Don't allow a repetition of NSCDC drama to happen in your relationship. It's more noble to admit to your faults than trying to be clever - even when You've been caught.
Be wise.

Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Sike(m): 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Yes-No.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by tolu4you: 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
thawana: The truth hurts but safer to know it.broke up with my BF cos of his plenty lies,infact lying is a habit for him.SMH
hopefully u go get another bf here on nairaland.
Re: Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? by Ryda(m): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
YESNO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Alimony Be Practiced In Nigeria / Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook / One-year-old Survives Seven Days Alone With Dead Grandmother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.