Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? (18566 Views)

Poll: How would you rate Governor Fashola's performance so far?

Poor: 14% (28 votes)
Acceptable: 49% (95 votes)
Excellent: 36% (70 votes)
This poll has ended

What Has Gej Really Done For The South East / What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? / What Has Fashola Really Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by kufreabasi(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2008
fashola is doing a lot in lagos.he renders peoples homeless by demolishing their houses. i dont really know whether this is one of the manifesto he read out when he wanted to come into power.look at how peoples are crying.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by initiator(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2008
If Fashola's "performance" turns into a partisan debate, the first victim would be truth. Truth be told: Fashola has shown to some degree that he understands what it takes to manage a modern city. He uses the right words,
Problem is the praises have come too early. He is now so celebrated by segments of the media that we hear more of what he would do than what he is doing. The work in Lagos is so ENORMOUS that it required sober dilligence and not premature flattery.

His greenery is good but it has to be part of a wholistic infrastructural programme. Having flowers beside horrible roads doesn't make sense - AT ALL!

The only major road "commissioned" by his administration (started by Tinubu) is the 2km Ozumba express which has mysteriously stopped.

The guy must pull-off his sleves and carry-out a serious infrastructural renewal and stop employing LAMATA people to clean the drains as the park the heap by the side of the road only for it to be flushed into the drains by the rains.

The drainage problem in Lagos needs supreme engineering, some of whom have to be imported, not the paltry thing we have now.

By the way, i support his present demolition exercise just as i supported elRufai and Abuja is the better for it.

The morale of the story: Fashola and the press should shut up and get to work!!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
Alapo meji:

Pepeye/kokobunje

I have carefully read through your posts before d arguement with sky blue and i must say u guys r right n all sense and equally sky blue.

You guys r trying to make a sense that jobs shuld be created to eradicate poverty and so , on rit?

But have u guys looked at the oda side of the coin in terms of the project that as been embarked on, as also created jobs for THOSE that want to WORK?
the diff agencies that as been created, people have gotten jobs there because they r willing to work n change their lifes 4 d beta, while u n i knw that quite a number r just bent on being lazy, miscriants, n finally become thiefs/robbers n cause insecurity for the citizens. i am a withness to two bad guys in this state that is as changed their lifes just by seeking n findinga job with LASTMA. there r several people like this that odas will knw as well.

There are over 9 million people in Lagos as we speak. You know of two guys that have been positively affected good. To come in here to argue that the reason why unemployment rate in that state has yet to experience significant fall is because people in Lagos are all lazy, is irresponsible. Please try another line here. 

The argument I think @Pepeye is trying to make here is that even though jobs are being created, it is not up to the level that would benefit a whole lot of people at once. Programs to help the people at the same time as develop Lagos need to be run simultaneously, is her argument. Not one and then the other, in this case, development first and then people oriented programs seemingly coming second. I don’t know why this is hard to see.

It is sort of like how one would take on Skidrow here. Skidrow is a slum and disaster area. If you go in to clean up the place, create jobs and not help the people get out of the mindset and situation they are in now with new skills or opportunities to help them get off their problems, chances are these people will remain in the shadows of the new skidrow and if care is not taken, they will push skidrow back to what it used to be. Why is this hard to apply when thinking of Lagos as well?

It is not that the government is saying he does not have plans like these in the pipeline, it is just that @Pepeye is saying these should be high priority programs.

Alapo meji:

see there is no amount of job that is being created that can totally reduce the number of people living in poverty, because some r just bent on being lazy n dellight in just stealing.
enough on this.
Notice, no where are my advocating population reduction at all. Some are lazy does not mean all those without work and desperate for a way to obtain skills and access opportunities to help them compete in the new Lagos are all lazy.

Alapo meji:

Now lets talk about what he has done n soo , on

You guys equally r like u can't really see what he has done just like the starter of this thread because he as not done something that will really touch n blow your mind away abi? (my own opinion) but look at the oda side of the coin again. what he as done so far, has any guv in the history of lagos done 1/10 of this even the so called enemy of baba(Bola Ahmed Tinubu) apart from the road rehabilitaion done in the last year of his tenure on Lagos Island. but here is a guv with a difference that sees things from the future perspective. i give him kudos.

[b]The question here is this from all u both ve said on oda areas like health etc, how r u sure he does not have plans or he is not doing anything in respect to this? [/b]just a qtion. or is your arguement based on the fact that because u ve not seen, den u can assume? hum!
Isn’t the case in bold the main here?? Are my statements not clear enough or what?? I have had to repeat this umpteen times now. Can you please go back, put emotions to the side and read my other posts with a clear mind?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by edmondo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
abeg,make una leave our gov alone.
eko oni baje
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by doyin13(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2008
initiator:

If Fashola's "performance" turns into a partisan debate, the first victim would be truth. Truth be told: Fashola has shown to some degree that he understands what it takes to manage a modern city. He uses the right words,
Problem is the praises have come too early. He is now so celebrated by segments of the media that we hear more of what he would do than what he is doing. The work in Lagos is so ENORMOUS that it required sober dilligence and not premature flattery.

His greenery is good but it has to be part of a wholistic infrastructural programme. Having flowers beside horrible roads doesn't make sense - AT ALL!

The only major road "commissioned" by his administration (started by Tinubu) is the 2km Ozumba express which has mysteriously stopped.

The guy must pull-off his sleves and carry-out a serious infrastructural renewal and stop employing LAMATA people to clean the drains as the park the heap by the side of the road only for it to be flushed into the drains by the rains.

The drainage problem in Lagos needs supreme engineering, some of whom have to be imported, not the paltry thing we have now.

By the way, i support his present demolition exercise just as i supported elRufai and Abuja is the better for it.

Spot on. . . .
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by kemofash20: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2008
please name what he has done in shelter, healthcare and education?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by debosky(m): 2:53am On Jul 19, 2008
with regards to health:

"The state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris during an unscheduled visit to some hospitals, said the state government had started building five paediatric hospitals in the state. Idris said the state government would decentralise the health system to reduce the number of patients thronging the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja. He also disclosed that the five maternal and child health centres being built in Ikorodu, Surulere, Ifako/Ijaiye Ajeromi and Isolo would be completed this year. According to him, each of the hospitals has 100 beds. Idris said when the five health centres became functional, Massey Children Hospital, Lagos Island and Ayinke House at LASUTH, would be rehabilitated. "

www.punchontheweb.com

That is just one of the initiatives the Fashola administration is carrying out.

One thing I have come to note is that as long as the government is not shouting from the rooftops that it has done so and so, or if you do not personally benefit or utilise some of the facilities provided, there will be a feeling that the governor has not done anything. This should serve as a notice to Fashola's PR people to do a better job of sensitizing people on what their government is doing
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Jul 19, 2008
initiator:

Exactly!!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 19, 2008
now i know we need more yaba lefts cos i can sense that we have too much people with empty medullas

most nigerians find it hard to open their eyes, see changes, and talk about it, instead they see faults

everyone is aware of the 3rd mainland bridge closure which is part of an ongoing exercise to relieve lagosians of traffic jams, infact there is a thread dedicated to that. the only part you see is flower planting, i dont blame most of you cos you dont know what flowers mean.

when last have you guys left your very home or pick up a daily?

i read through and am surprised at the number of people who find it hard to do a mere comparison btw what fashola has done in just a year to what tinubu did in 8 years.

if you are empty, why dont you just shut up for christ sake.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2008
Fashola like any other Nigerian governor (past and present) is a colossal failure.
No be Naija all these people dey?

As for the blind guys who enjoy mediocrity like honey; a few Nigerians and lagosians have refused to go blind unneccessarily.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by tpia: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2008
webdezzi:

most nigerians find it hard to open their eyes, see changes, and talk about it, instead they see faults

@ bolded: quite true, actually.

webdezzi:

i don't blame most of you because you don't know what flowers mean.

rofl. grin

You sound like this oyibo teacher back home. Whenever the students trampled on her garden (and maybe she was just irritable for some reason), she'd get furious and start yelling about how Africans dont know what flowers are.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by edmondo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2008
@nuzo,why do like to critize everytin about Nigeria?
if u dont hav any positive contribution,is better you kip quite,ok.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2008
edmondo:

if u don't hav any positive contribution,is better you kip quite,ok.

Is it too much for you to accept that not everyone will see things exactly the way you choose to?? Why not, instead of telling him what he can or cannot post in the forum, you instead focus on learning to be more tolerant, and respect the right of others to have differing opinions?? Jeezzzz!!!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by PurestBoy(m): 1:47am On Jul 20, 2008
He has brought Rio Ferdinand to Lagos and crowned him a chieftaincy title thereby making the Oba of Lagos wear Man-U Jersey. Hasn't he tried?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by sherrylo: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2008
p
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by sherrylo: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2008
Purestboy you funny no small,so na only wetin you see be dat? anyway even that one self na am. Him don try!. But for real Fash don try oo even from the little I can see around my areas he has really done well and if given more time I believe he is going to do bettern than any other governor in Nigeria.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Johnnny(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2008
Na wa o! Human beings

We are never satisfied with anything. Give them Mr., they will be asking for chief, Give them Chief they will be asking for King, Give them King - they will be asking for God.

Like Obey said: there is nothing u can do, that people will be satisfied.

I live in Lagos, and I know what I have seen before Fashola's government. And I know what I see now.

I know how many queries I had collected from my employers for coming late to work, now with BRT I can get to work as early as 6.30am - Transportation

Maybe some of you dont listen to news at all, if U did, you would av heard about Free eye care programs, LASAMBUS, etc - Healtcare
grin
You are complaining about drainage, I think u need to look very well at Lagos and see that Lagos itself as a State is water logged, now u also complained about demolitions going on, what do u expect him to do when a sane person builds his house on a point earmarked for drainage passage?

Stop criticizing Fashola from afar, look objectively at Lagos of Today and compare it with Lagos of 2006.

Come under the Apongbon brigde, which was a hidden place for Thugs, Thieves and Rapists. Maybe u people should sometimes get down from your high horse and see things from a husslers point of view.

buy anything in Balogun market of before and see how long it will take u to get back to wherever u packed ur car, and dat is if Omo Onile (Thugs) dont take it away from u for not paying ur tithe ; all as a result of people adding long extensions to their shops, up to the middle to the road. If Fashola demolishes that, and U of all people are complaining. I dont understand what we really want.

Maybe we shud be the ones to put our priorities right. Beautification or not, Fashola has touched lives for good.
Only those who reap from dirt, Thuggery, etc and those living in rich, comfortable neighbourhoods will sit on their sofas and complain about everything.

Fashola has started a change, something no other Governor has done, not even my own state's Governor.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
Out of curiosity @Johnny. Why do you need to get to work at 6:30am? What time do you get off work? How many hours do you work each day?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Johnnny(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
I have to get to work as early as that, to get the office ready for people like u
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2008
how many hours a week do you work? what time do you get off work? are you a shift employee?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2008
edmondo:

if u don't hav any positive contribution,is better you kip quite,ok.

You are kidding, right?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Johnnny(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ kobojunkie

Are u in Nigeria? Cos if u are, u will know some people work for close to 12 hours a day

I close between 6 and 7pm. for your information.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2008
Johnnny:

@ kobojunkie

Are u in Nigeria? Cos if u are, u will know some people work for close to 12 hours a day

I close between 6 and 7pm. for your information.

So what has my being in Nigeria, or not, to do with number of hours some people choose to work or not work?? Are you next going to start with the deluded line of reasoning that because I am not presently in Nigeria means I do not understand that some people can work 12 hours?

Anywho? Do you get paid for 12 hours or does the overtime you put in not count at all? How many hours do you average at the end of the week? If you get to work at 6:30 am, what time do you wake up and what time do you board your bus to work?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Uche2nna(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So what has my being in Nigeria, or not, to do with number of hours some people choose to work or not work??

Vintage Kobojunkie cheesy
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

He forgot to include LMAO.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

It is sort of a pet peeve of mine. Most every other Tom, Dick and Harry  assumes cause your location does not say Oshogbo Nigeria, means you have NO CLUE what or how things work in the country. Usually a ridiculous way of selling me an illogical excuse they have to offer, for the occassion.

Silly they do not stop to consider that you may actually be discussing from Nigeria.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Johnnny(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
@kobojunkie

I wake up as between 5 and 5.30am, get ready for work, board BRT at 6.00 and get to work between 6.30 and 7.00.

For ur info: BRT starts 6.00am if that is what u are driving at.  Cos I see that I am the subject of discuss now and not Fashola anymore.

Dont be angry about the "Nigeria" stuff. why get so cranky about it. anyways
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Johnnny(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
@kobojunkie

I wake up  between 5 and 5.30am, get ready for work, board BRT at 6.00 and get to work between 6.30 and 7.00.

For ur info: BRT starts 6.00am if that is what u are driving at.  Cos I see that I am the subject of discuss now and not Fashola anymore.

Dont be angry about the "living in Nigeria" stuff (my bad).  why get  so cranky about it. anyways
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by debosky(m): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

He forgot to include LMAO.

You mean She David wink

Nairaland police in the making grin grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2008
@kobojunkie

I wake up between 5 and 5.30am, get ready for work, board BRT at 6.00 and get to work between 6.30 and 7.00.

For your info: BRT starts 6.00am if that is what u are driving at. Cos I see that I am the subject of discuss now and not Fashola anymore.

Dont be angry about the "living in Nigeria" stuff (my bad). why get so cranky about it. anyways

No need to worry about what I am driving at. All I really needed where clear answers to understand why you would go in to work at 6:30 am @Johnny. No need to get paranoid. I never once mentioned my questions were about Fashola.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
debosky:

You mean She David wink

Nairaland police in the making grin grin

Oh Kobo is actually a she?  grin
Next thing you'll see is ROFLMAO. Whatever that means, she must be doing a ton of laundry.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by HCH3COO: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2008
vintage kobojunkie is at it again. classic ROFLMAO! Inquiring about "persons" without shedding too much info about his her "person"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

History Lessons: Who Was The Minister That Drank 42cups Of Tea? / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' / Senator Oboro Names Peremobowei Ebebi As Mastermind Behind His Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.