Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:32 PM

Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? (18524 Views)

Poll: How would you rate Governor Fashola's performance so far?

Poor: 14% (28 votes)
Acceptable: 49% (95 votes)
Excellent: 36% (70 votes)
This poll has ended

What Has Gej Really Done For The South East / What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? / What Has Fashola Really Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by dlox01(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

jeez . . .dlox01, you are one meanie !!!

see how u cyber-wrecked them shocked

@all

the poll says it all . . .FASH HAS DONE CREDIBLY WELL AND BEST BELIEVE, THE SKY IS HIS STARTING POINT !!!

EKO O NI BAJE LAILAI . . . cheesy

CASE DISMISSED !!! cool

maaaaan if no deal with some people like that they will just shadow people with their negetivity,its a diffrent thing if these people were doing stuff for the state and they are talking, angrybut they are far away n they bark the loudest like mongrels/local dogs/ekuke, Rottweilers,pitbulls,boarbulls dont bark much.Action Speaks louder than words jare
EKO 4 LIFE
grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by angel101(f): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
the guy is doing better thany any around at least. i went through a considerable part of lagos yesterday. the whol place seems to be under construction. roads are being rebuilt to standard atc. i beg the guy dey try
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by bimbex: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2008
Why now? no dey conderm the man, the man don do something, at least you no need eat again as everything don cost just wake up and dey parol the street, i sure u no go fit lost again the man don put the name of streets there. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by angel101(f): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
lol na the man make everything cost?
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Mustay(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
dem create pedestrian bridges for them all, dem no gree use am - foolish peoples
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by jumobi1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2008
I thought Marwa was decent. He was gov when i was paroling Iyana Ipaja/ALimosho Lagos.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Nigeria4: 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2008
any picture of lagos.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Ifygurl: 5:03am On Nov 08, 2008
I heard he has done alot of Good.

I was watching a recent Nigeria movie done in Lagos and i couldn't believe that was the same lagos (I knew when i lived in Naija).
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by alveen(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2009
pls, dont say what you dont know,fashola havent done anything in your area dosnt mean he is not working,come to the town dude, ok.fahola is da bomb
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Gamine(f): 12:46am On Mar 02, 2009
Hope he doesnt blow Lagos to smithereens
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by modobo: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
I would like to add that Fashola is trying but its really sad to say that it is not original. Its a bit like Idiagbon and after Fashola leaves office, people will only remember him for the negative things like the destruction of legitimate property etc.

Why destroy people's homes, I can understand if a house is blocking a road or built on a canal but to destroy ones home just because the paper work is not up to scratch in a country like Nigeria is just wanton rogue destruction. Not many people in Nigeria build huge houses without going through the proper procedure, we are not talking about shacks here we are talking about solid houses. Records for these houses were probably lost or erased and the result is demolition.

I am very much for the Egbe omo Oduwa, Let us break away from a hash government system. The problem with government is that it is too distant from the people. Governors take silly ideas from the western world, ideas that have been hundreds of years in the making, ideas that have been tweaked and reviewed then they want to try and impose those ideas here and it just cannot work.

There is no humanity in the way decisions are made by government. With Egbe omo Oduwa, people will sit down and discuss with the various cheifs and bale's and proper humane decisions can be made about how to go further.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by ikeyman00(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
Username: modobo
Name: modobo
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: Today at 06:57:59 PM
Last Active: Today at 07:20:45 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden
Current Status: Online

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm first post cool

becomerich, u can invite them all, it is up in the flame and u know it
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by babapupa: 3:22am On May 09, 2009
@modobo

I see where you're coming from, unfortunately, your reasoning is a little misguided, lagos is full of suspect buildings and lagosians die needlessly via collapsed buildings. LSG/Fashola's primary responsibility is to serve and protect lagosians, demolishing suspect and poorly constructed buildings sounds better than tons of dead innocents lagosians.

http://happylagosian..com/
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by modobo: 1:35am On May 10, 2009
How do you know that all the buildings he is pulling down are dangerous? I am talking about decent buildings without proper paper work. How would you like it if say 5 years ago you built property and you made the necessary applications, papers did not come out, you bribed some officials which is the norm to hurry things up and they end up giving you dodgy papers. You dont know they are dodgy, as far as you are concerned you have done the right things. Soon a government pulls down your house because there is no record of your property and your papers are fake. Tell me is that the solution.

Fashola is really trying for Lagos and there is a lot of cosmetic changes going on. He only has 2 years left in government, he has to win the next election and the one after that b4 he can reallly pull of this rebuild of Lagos State properly. Nigeria has a nasty maintenance culture, a single year under another government and all the good work will be eroded. He needs to put a lot of departments into place to strengthen the foundations of his changes but do they even have foundations.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by moneygurl: 3:27am On May 10, 2009
If those buildings are blocking road expansion plan or drainage part and you have fake documents, they should be brought down without government compensation. There was a law before fashola got there, he did not just create the law.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by babapupa: 10:23am On May 10, 2009
I know they are because they lack proper paperwork/certification, buildings collapse and innocent folks die via bribery and other dodgy shenanigans you just explained,
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by modobo: 12:44pm On May 12, 2009
Haa whats d point, why not just pull the whole of Lagos down, plan it redesign it and rebuild it. Whats the point of patchy patchy. Ive seen the so called drainage work and Its not going to cut it. Whats worth doing is worth doing well.

We need better drainage systems in Lagos and I mean advanced systems with clearable sewers and waste (affluence) processing plants.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Fhemmmy: 12:52pm On May 12, 2009
Many has been singing the praise of this guy and i am sure Nigerians dont sing for nothing, infact, for him to have used the solar panel to power the street lights, that makes him a good nigerian with brain and not those fools with pot belly.
So i think he has done a good job so far, but there are rooms for improvement
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Yornandrew: 8:20pm On May 30, 2009
No comments
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by modobo: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
Look people, this argument cannot have a conclusion and I tell u why. cool
I see all the good things that he is doing and also the bad bad bad things that he has done. It is only a fact of life, u cannot have light without darkness, you cannot eat delicious food without doing stinky shits and no one will ever be perfect.

People should be saying "Eko Alatunse O" because Eko ti baje beyond repair. Is it the poor drainage to talk about or new roads that cant stand the test of time. Young BRT buses are looking like 40 year old vehicles. It is true what the bible says " do not put fresh wine in old skin bags, they BURST".

Well at least O gbinyanju, lets all drink what we can of the fresh wine b4 the skins burst I hear Fashola supporters say.

Fashola has good intentions at heart but he is not being advised well. I give you one example, solar street lights. Good idea isn't it? especially in a country that has poor power regulation. Did anybody tell Fashola that a solar powered street lamp is only as good as the battery within it, No. People will say "ha dis one good O, na sun it dey use". Wrong, it only uses the sun to charge up the battery, the light actually run on the battery. There are many types of batteries. The best battery for this project would have been a deep cycle gel type. They can last for 10 years given that they are charged properly. These street lights are beginning to fail left right and center due to battery and circuitry failure.

Another complain is the destruction of property.
There is nothing wrong in houses being demolished to make way for progress. The problem is Fashola does not COMPENSATE the victims of his activities and those that are compensated are not done so in a way as to fully replace the loss. I have written about this in earlier posts so I wont repeat myself.

Fashola comes down heavy on hawkers and street side traders. Don't forget that this is a country with no State benefits or State financial support for the unemployed yet jobs are hard to come by and those who create some honest livelihood for themselves are being persecuted. I am not saying dont clear the hawkers but give them something to survive on or do. Make it realistic, not that they should go and rent shops when they cant even rent a room to live in. Clear the streets with compassion and consideration.

Fasola's government is lacking in many areas but the worst area is proper traffic control. Okada's are lawless and dangerous and proper laws are not being enforced to control them. Dangerous and unfit lorries carry heavy containers through Lagos which overturns and crushes innocent people. I mean the list just goes on.

First things first, sit down and plan all roads and proper drainage, consult more than one expert b4 using common sense. Start the repairs b4 putting BRT buses, bad roads destroy good buses. Get proper traffic management. Concentrate on a project at a time it is one thing b4 d other. What is the point in creating a garden then allowing it to flood. etc

I cant go on and on. There is so much that needs to be said. We don't want a government that just does cosmetic stuff in order to gain quick popularity, we need one that is doing what needs to be done and would do it properly and well planned. Fashola needs to get organized and stop rushing, doing things haphazardly without proper planning and without due care and consideration for Lagosians. You cannot have a megacity without the cooperation of the inhabitants. All factors have to be taken into consideration. The old skin bag needs to be skinned gradually and the new skin put in place b4 we fill it up with fresh wine. tongue

I know how I would do it if given the chance. EKO ALATUNSE O!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by multebrain(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
[b]I CAN'T BLAME FASHOLA  FOR DEMOLISHING  EVERYSHOP  AND HOUSES  IN LAGOS HE  FORGOTTEN  THAT  HE IS RENDERING  HALF OF LAGOS JOBLESS CAUSE  HE  WANT TO MAKE LAGOS  MEGA  CITY HE  IS  FROM RICH  HOME  ASSUMING HE I S  FROM POOR FAMILY HE  WILLUNDERSTAND  A LOT OF  PEOPLE SUFFER  FOR  THEIR  DAILY  NEEDS  HE DON'T  CARE ABOUT  PEOPLES DAILY  NEEDS  WHAT HE  CARE  ABOUT IS MEGA CITY  MAY BE HE  SHOULD KILL ALL POOR  PEOPLE  IN LAGOS   SO THAT  HIM AND  HIS  CO- RICH ME   WILL TAKE OVER  LAGOS.I CAN'T  IMAGINE SOMEONE RENDERING PEOPLE JOBLESS AND BUYING  CAMERA  FOR  SECURITY LET  ME  GIVE YOU LIL ADVISE  CREATE JOB  FOR PEOPLE  INSTEAD OF BUYING CAMERA OR  CARS  POLICE  OK THERE  IS YOURUBA ADEGE THAT  SAYS (owotoba dile lesu ya lo) SOMEONE  CAN   HELP  ME INTERPRETE THAT  IN ENGLISH

MR GOVERNMENT REMEBER  WHAT OBAMA  DID FIRST 100 DAYS  IN OFFICE   HE  WAS  RUNNING UP  AND  DOWN COZ OF  HIS PEOPLE  YOU ARE  BUSY  DISTRUYING YOUR  PEOPLE  PROPERTY  ALSO  REMEMBER  WHAT  HAPPEN TO  ADISA THAT  DID THAT IN OSHODI SAME  THIN  MAY HAPPEN TO YOU
WE  WISE
OK[/b]
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by xterra2(m): 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2009
On the issue of not compensating people,thats a lie and at the same time true.So you expect him to compensate those who have illegal buildings?
The government just dosent demolish peoples building just like that,some buildings have been demolished to pave way for more and more roads,railway and they get compensated,check the news and its there.

whether people hate it or not,he is the best governor in Naija,At the beginning of this thread people were showing pictures of Newyork,Las vegas e.t.c and say thats what should be done.Then support GOV FASH and remeber the EKo atlantic city which already much of the reeclamation work has already been done,when completed in about 5 years Lagos will be the best city in africa and one of the best cities in the world.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by luvinhubby(m): 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2009
PLS WHAT WE CALL ROAD CONSTRUCTION BY FASHOLA IS SIMPLY RESURFACING AND ADDING BRT LANES, E.G., JIBOWU-YABA-OYINGBO, NOTHING CHANGED. IF YOU WANT TO SEE ROAD CONSTRUCTION, GO AND SEE WHAT NGIGE DID WITHOUT MUCH HYPE IN ANAMBRA STATE. MARWA DID SAME FOR LAGOS WITH LESSER INCOME AND WITHOUT IMPOSING ALL KINDS OF TAXES AND LEVIES. TODAY YOU PAY LAND USE CHARGE AND TENEMENT RATE TO STATE AND LOCAL GOVTS. (DOUBLE TAXATION). THE MAN IS DOING NOTHING BUT ENLARGING THEIR PURSES AT OUR DETRIMENT WITH HUGE TAXES
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by seunID1: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2009
fashola shouldn't be criticised about few problems that are still abound in Lagos. he has revealed himself as a man who is ready to take the mantle of leadership. what then do you make of the ruling party(PDP) and it's leaders who are having misplaced priorities. he obviously can't solve all the problems at once. abi!!!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Jun 29, 2009
seun I.D:

fashola shouldn't be criticised

OH MY GOSH!! shocked

seun I.D:
about few problems that are still abound in Lagos.

FEW PROBLEMS ~~~ EEEEKKK!!! shocked shocked

seun I.D:
he has revealed himself as a man who is ready to take the mantle of leadership. what then do you make of the ruling party(PDP) and it's leaders who are having misplaced priorities. he obviously can't solve all the problems at once. abi!!!

All humans ought to be open to criticism, Fashola is not exempt!!
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by lannre(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2009
[b]he should create a Ministry to see to the ailing problem of small biz rather than taxed everyone and go about with Forces to collect such taxes,business are suffering due to power and other facilities. The Finance to spent on those flowers can surely establish vocational centers ,ICT training centers for Graduates and under graduates,Millions and I mean it Millions are spent on those flowers. What is the Multiplier effects: Job creation for the contractors and labourers<short term> if a man is building his house ,I dont think he will start from planting flowers,there are should be stages in life. Nigerians are always carried away because of past Military mentality. This people are custodian and they need to account for every kobo made from grants,allocations,Internal generated revenue, What is the correlation of all the revenues to expenditures. Now they wanted to ban street trading or they are banning street trading, which of those on the streets are happy selling in the sun,what measures is the Government creating to assist micro business that forms 70% of the total economy?Wealth of Nation is measure by the people,not by the street lights,even beautiful people have HIV/AIDS. Lagos exterior can be beautiful ,but what about the make up{the people}. What is the Human Capital Development in place to motivate workers? Who are the major beneficiaries of all these contracts? Develop the people ! You Develop the nation ! Nobody {sane person} prefer to sell in the sun. Sick of this Nation jo ![/b]
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by tymoti(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
Nigerians are very difficult to satisfy,

When somebody is trying, say it. stop slandering and bad-mouthing a good job.

Bad bele people
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2009
tymoti:

Nigerians are very difficult to satisfy,

When somebody is trying, say it. stop slandering and bad-mouthing a good job.

Bad bele people

Ok. . . . Aigbe tried . . . .Otedola Tried . . . Marwa Tried. . . Rasaki tried. . . Tinubu tried. . . Fashola is also trying. Does that help the situation for us then? grin
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2009
Lagos problems did not start in one day, infact not in one decade, so wont take a day to fix.
I think the guy is trying and he has done well so far, however, we all need to do our part as well.
There is still a lot of work to be done in Lagos, however, i blv the dude has started from where he knows best, so let us hope the changes will continue and they will learn how to maintain changes.
Re: Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? by adumarada: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
Actually,to my own few in Lagos State,he has tried his best,becos there are some areas that i can believe that it will be like that forever but BRF has transformed all the places into Lagos Mega City,lets talk about Transportation,he also tried which allow sufficient vehicles for the people plying to their various destination,the level of traffic has reduced especially third mainland bridge and some other areas within Lagos,lets talk about environment,BRF has done a great job in beautification of some areas in Lagos such as OSHODI,ISLAND etc.BRF has done a great job,but what is paining me so much is job opportunity is not circulating at all,i graduated since 2007,finished my service year 2009 February,up to now i havent got a single job and i submitted Lagos State form for 2 times no result,why why re u doing this to we graduate and i was told that if you are not a politician or know somebody,it will be hard,but everybody can't be a politician,this year again i have downloaded another form now and this will the third time how i my going to do about it.I read URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING From THE POLYTECHNIC IBADAN,am pleading to you all to assist me,i will grateful if my comment is granted.expecting a smile from u ,THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Demotes Tijani Mohammed Abdullahi, DG Budget Office / Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money / Nigerian Navy Deploys 16 Warships To Guard Oil Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.