Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial (19863 Views)

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos / Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by BLS1: 11:32am On Nov 16, 2013
karl max: Lagosians are aware of the fraud called lagos state government and all their media propoganda!!!come 2015 we would boot dem out of power!! They can continue their propoganda on the internet and the pages of newspaper but the electorates are wiser now

I am not sure what you are making noise about. Nothing will happen in Lagos in 2015 because most of us know APC for now are the best of a bad bunch. Lagosians and especially Yorubas cannot spite their hand by cutting off their fingers. In this region we are "managing" the people in power, we know it and they do too. That's why they don't drive on the other side of the road and kill nigerians, nor shoot at students nor rent fake crowds to threaten the masses when they are caught buying imaginary 225million naira worth of cars. The people here know it is them (corrupt politicians) against us and thus we cannot be split or lose focus. More Nigerians should learn from us..it is better to "manage" eczema than pretentiously celebrate skin cancer!
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Ninilowo(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
Baba_Eleko: When no be Fashola kill the man. If e no pay condolence visit den go complain, e pay den still say na eye service. I hope all these so called activist will still visit and care about the family of the dead after everybody don find dia square root sha.
And na only mouth dem get........put them in any position they cant perform.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Hearme(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2013
karl max: Lagosians are aware of the fraud called lagos state government and all their media propoganda!!!come 2015 we would boot dem out of power!! They can continue their propoganda on the internet and the pages of newspaper but the electorates are wiser now

Hope you are not insinuating that the electorate will vote PDP in Lagos. There's a great difference between a pilferer and an armed robber even though both are thieves.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by juman(m): 11:45am On Nov 16, 2013
The APC guys should do more for the betterment of the people.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by simpleseyi: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2013

I hate this Lagos state government, the government is too fraudulent and elitist, I hope there is an alternative. Unfortunately, there is no alternative, I cannot imagine having a PDP looting agent as Lagos governor from James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, James Igbinedion, Sule Lamido, Segun Oni, Segun Agagu, Oyinlola, Orji Uzor Kalu, Goodswill Akpabio, e.t.c. all being unrepenting looters.

Come 2015, PDP will not win a single pooling booth in Lagos and the whole South West. I'm not a APC fan, but PDP? NO! NO! NO! God punish devil.

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by chemashie(m): 11:59am On Nov 16, 2013
emmamaraihe: . PDP PDP PDP IN LAGOS
Is that a curse or what?
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by emiye(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
That he chooses to tar the roads for the burial should be commended , what if he chooses not to?

The available resources can not fix all the roads simultaneously in lagos, as such priority will be utilised.

The reality is that in 2015, there will be bad roads that will need to be fixed in Lagos, and the next Governor will continue from where Fashola stops. I think currently in Lagos the rate of road fixing is faster than the rate of road decay, and that is the good news.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Pattey(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
johnwizey: Just tell me a better candidate u people can present, ode

Jimi Agbaje!!!!!!!
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by bloggernaija: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE,
THE LONG MILITARY INCURSION INTO NIGERIA'S POLITICAL SPHERE HAS SEVERELY DAMAGED THE BRAINS OF NIGERIAN.
MOST ARE ABSOLUTELY INCAPABLE OF CRITICAL THINKING.

THEIR GROUSE IS THAT HE DID WHAT A NORMAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO
HE BANNED OKADA
BANNED MOLUE
RESTRICTED DANFO
PETTY CRUDITY LIKE THAT.

THERE ARE A FEW GOOD MEN OUT THERE AND FASHOLA IS ONE.
I WILL GIVE REASONS.

OBAMA IS/WAS NOT THE BEST DEMOCRAT FOR PRESIDENT BUT THE PEOPLE LOOKED AT THE OTHER PARTY AS A MESS.
THEY VOTED ACCORDINGLY((HEALTHCARE,END WARS,IMMIGRATION REFORM,REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH,MINIMUM WAGE).
IN THE UK,THE CONSERVATIVES WON ON THE PLATFORM OF CURBING IMMIGRATION, REPAIRING THE ECONOMY,REDUCING THE DEFICITS.

IN MAKING THOSE DECISIONS,THE PEOPLE HAD A KNOWLEDGE OF THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OF THE STATE.
THAT IS,THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THE STATE HAS AND HOW FAR IT CAN GO.
LAGOS GET LESS MONEY THAN DELTA,KANO,AKWA IBOM,RIVERS,BAYELSA .
MANY OF THE NIGERIAN STATES HAVE A LOWER POPULATION THAN ALIMIOSHO (fraudulent census).
MOST OF THEM LACK ANY FUNCTIONING INSTITUTIONS ON WHICH MONEY IS SPENT.
THE QUESTION IS "WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH THE MONEY"?
THE ONLY WAY THE RESOURCES OF LAGOS STATE CAN BE FELT IS FOR IT NOT TO HAVE TO CATER FOR ECONOMIC REFUGEES FROM OTHER STATES.

THERE ARE PROBABLY MORE TRACTORS IN LAGOS THAN THE AGRICULTURAL BELT.

I DOUBT ANY OF THESE ACTIVIST HAVE A CLUE OF THE FINANCIAL POSITION OF LAGOS STATE.
LAGOS JUST BUDGETTED ABOUT 250 BILLION NAIRA FOR CAPITAL PROJECTS FOR 2014.

I WONDER IF ANY OF THEM HAVE A CLUE OF HOW FAR IT CAN GO?

I WONDER HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE ANY IDEA THAT CONSIDERING LAGOS STATE POPULATION ,THE STATE IS TRULY POOR EVEN BY AFRICAN STANDARDS.
THE EDUCATION BUDGET OF MY COUNTY IS MORE THAN 3 TIMES LARGER THAN THE TOTAL BUDGET OF LAGOS ,OGUN,OYO,OSUN,ONDO,KWARA,EDO .

MANY LESS POPULATED COUNTRIES IN AFRICA HAVE A LARGER BUDGET.

THERE ARE NO SYSTEMS WITHOUT LEAKS.
EVEN OVER HERE , THE HIGH LEVEL CORRUPTION IS ENSHRINED BY LAW.
TAX SUBSIDIES,FARM SUBSIDIES,TAX BREAKS,DEDUCTIONS(MOSTLY TO RICH PEOPLE)

HOWEVER,THE JOB STILL GETS DONE
AND FASHOLA STILL GET THINGS DONE.
WITH THAT I AM VERY HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE.
UNTIL THE SYSTEM IS CAPABLE OF THROWING UP A BETTER CANDIDATE.

PSA -I HAVE FOLLOWED SOME OF THESE UNION TYPE,"CHOP I CHOP "ACTIVIST IN THE PAST.
MOST ARE FROM THE SCHOOL OF REUBEN ABATI.
NONE ARE LIKE GANI FAWEHINMI ,TAI SOLARIN ,TUNJI BRAITHEWAITE,WOLE SOYINKA,KEN SARO WIWA ETC

ALL THESE PEOPLE ABOVE DO NOT HAVE ,

"SOMETHING BETWEEN THE EARS".

THEY ARE BETTER OFF IGNORED

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
beeman80: Despite all the booing it is amazing and legendary for Gov. Fashola to have comport himself and take charge by simply ignoring them.I mean he could have decided to allow his aides shoot or something but none of that happened.That simply tells you that he's a quintessential Governor.He still remains the man of the people and that is why I am a staunch follower.What we need in Nigeria are progressives like Fashola regardless.
Ever since Gani Fawehinmi died I have not seen any other dogged activist and so the question arises,who are all these lots who tag themselves as activists? We dont know you.

Nairalanders, kindly join me to like APC fan page on Facebook.Eko o ni baje!
www.facebook.com/Apc fan page

O di egwu.
As if he will get away with it if he had ordered his aided to shoot ppl there
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Adewale4luv: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
bcomputer101:

Bros, i beg please pass me that weed that make you reason like a cow...
People like you is the reason why I support abortion.
Mimiko is a cause to Ondo state.

Drop that bottle and modify your comment
shut it dude!Mimiko anyday anytime whether u like it or not.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by satmaniac(m): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
J0nyb0y: for their mynd..
.......... ...._.---._
..... .......'............'
.......... ./.............\
..... ......\(@) (@)/ ......... ...\....A..../
.... ...........),,,,,,(
............ ....\'''''/
...... .............| |
....... .---._.-.=.-._.---.
......./ ':-(_..-: :-.._)-:' \ ....../ /' (_...-: :-..._)' \ \
...../ / .(_....-' '-...._). \ \
..../ /..(_.....-: :-....._)..\ \
.../ /...(_......'^'......_)...\ \
../ /.....(_..'.-.=.-.'.._)....\ \
| |........ ...\'...=...'/........ ..| | | |......... ....\..=../ ............| |
| |.............-'.'-.-'.'-...........| |
::\.........(, ):0 0:.( ,)......../::
|||||........./ /'''---'''\ \.......|||||
....... .../ /.... .......\ \
....... ./ /...... .........\ \ ..... ./ /....... ............\ \
...../ /....... ........... ....\ \
.../ /............. ........ .....\ \
..(-)'........ ...... ............'(-)
..\ \......... ... .... ........./ /
....\ \......... ...... ......../ / ......\ \....... .... ......../ /
........\ \....... ........./ /
....... ..\ \...... ....../ /
..........///)..... .....(\\\
........///'....... ......'\\\
.......///........ .........\\\
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
bcomputer101:

Bros, i beg please pass me that weed that make you reason like a cow...
People like you is the reason why I support abortion.
Mimiko is a cause to Ondo state.

Drop that bottle and modify your comment

Kai! Guy you sound very. very. bitter.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:

have u heard of the word, nemesis

Shut up Ngozi! You people can never be sincere in your lives.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
simpleseyi:

I hate this Lagos state government, the government is too fraudulent and elitist, I hope there is an alternative. Unfortunately, there is no alternative, I cannot imagine having a PDP looting agent as Lagos governor from James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel, Alao-Akala, James Igbinedion, Sule Lamido, Segun Oni, Segun Agagu, Oyinlola, Orji Uzor Kalu, Goodswill Akpabio, e.t.c. all being unrepenting looters.

Come 2015, PDP will not win a single pooling booth in Lagos and the whole South West. I'm not a APC fan, but PDP? NO! NO! NO! God punish devil.

EXACTLY !!!!

The difference between PDP and these other party is too wide to evem consider going back to them. They are all imperfect but one is better than the other.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by agbameta: 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pedagogue: In Nigeria, once you are able to hurl insults at a govt official- u automatically become an ACTIVIST!

Whilst not saying Fashola or any Politician is too big to be embarrassed or insulted,

I just think it's odd that since the death of Gani Fawehinmi, one cannot name another balanced and apolitical social critic.

I have been following this DEBO ADENIRAN for quite some time. Not once has he been quoted to criticise PDP.

Albeit his comment about Fashola forming 'fake familiarity' might be valid and true, I'm expecting an 'activist' like him to comment on topical national issues too.

He's not in anyway different from Messrs Falana SAN, Keyamo etc that are always very eager to criticise PDP but find it difficult to criticise the excesses of people like Fashola and co in the 'opposition'.

The most interesting part of the report is that the Governor was labelled 'Ole' and embarrassed...Yet, no single shot was fired neither was anyone harassed by Fashola's security men.
A LESSON FOR other POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS

He obviously gave strict instructions to his aids to avoid any form of confrontation or violence. You really don't want to play into their hands by giving them something to splash all over the newspaper and the internet.

Activist or whatever every rif raf, anti social elements and public nuisance call themselves these days of course are entitled to their opinion and legal activities as respected by the governor even though they denied the Governor his own rights to move around without harassment, but the highroad is always for the sensible adult, the wise and the learned.

Kudos to the Governor..
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by honifome(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
Those activists are fools for embarassing the executive governor of lagos state.What Is wrong in paying a condolescence visit to omojola family?Is mimiko a saint before calling a governor who has never been prosecuted a thief?If no,why can't they march to alagbaka and rein insults on him too?I'm sure this is labour party setup.They are doomed to fail anyway.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by tpia5: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Very rude of them.

Is he their mate?

They better apologise.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by oluwafemim(m): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
You and what army ?
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Rendition(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
I realy don't fink der was any need for dem embarrassing D governor , Well all I can say is fashola is tryin his best anyways I fink d only solution 2 nigeria's problem is wen we individually blive we can positively motivate d Govt by not waitin for wat every dead or alive Govt can do for us , but wat we can offer 2 them in makin every state and even d country greater.I bet u even political activists wud fuckup if given d chance 2 rule
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
That's hand work of Opposition,they knew he was coming and were paid and mobilized by them to hurl abusive words at him. Despite this the transformation will contd... Carry on FASHOLA
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pedagogue: In Nigeria, once you are able to hurl insults at a govt official- u automatically become an ACTIVIST!

Whilst not saying Fashola or any Politician is too big to be embarrassed or insulted,

I just think it's odd that since the death of Gani Fawehinmi, one cannot name another balanced and apolitical social critic.

I have been following this DEBO ADENIRAN for quite some time. Not once has he been quoted to criticise PDP.

Albeit his comment about Fashola forming 'fake familiarity' might be valid and true, I'm expecting an 'activist' like him to comment on topical national issues too.

He's not in anyway different from Messrs Falana SAN, Keyamo etc that are always very eager to criticise PDP but find it difficult to criticise the excesses of people like Fashola and co in the 'opposition'.

The most interesting part of the report is that the Governor was labelled 'Ole' and embarrassed...Yet, no single shot was fired neither was anyone harassed by Fashola's security men.
A LESSON FOR other POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS!

Which yeye lesson? With all the insults you have been hurling at GEJ, has he killed anybody? Didnt the governor of Taraba or so arrest someone for insulting him on FB? Fashola should learn from GEJ. He is the true epitome of democratic governance. Fashola brutalized LASU students for protesting the hike in schools fees and Lekki residents for protesting the toll gate. He has a very bad record of oppressing the masses.

I told you folks that this trend of insulting leaders would come back to hunt you lot but you didnt believe me. Most of you thought you can just go on and insult GEJ freely and at the end, your own candidates will benefit from it. You are grossly mistaken. It will surely boomerang and has started already.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
Garri the 1st:

...And you my dear are an illiterate.

Read ur post one more time and shed bitter tears for your empty head and vain soul..

Shut up my friend! Stop babbling as usual!
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
agbameta:

He obviously gave strict instructions to his aids to avoid any form of confrontation or violence. You really don't want to play into their hands by giving them something to splash all over the newspaper and the internet.

Activist or whatever every rif raf, anti social elements and public nuisance call themselves these days of course are entitled to their opinion and legal activities as respected by the governor even though they denied the Governor his own rights to move around without harassment, but the highroad is always for the sensible adult, the wise and the learned.

Kudos to the Governor..

Let us hear word. You and your hypocrite governor. If government decides to deal with those who insult and undermine the authorities, most of you will be in jail cooling your azzes right now. Can fashola have anyone insult him the way El Rufai et all are insulting GEJ? hypocrites
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
honifome: Those activists are fools for embarassing the executive governor of lagos state.What Is wrong in paying a condolescence visit to omojola family?Is mimiko a saint before calling a governor who has never been prosecuted a thief?If no,why can't they march to alagbaka and rein insults on him too?I'm sure this is labour party setup.They are doomed to fail anyway.

And you are a sycophant for posting this trash! APC will see the wrath of Lagosians in 2015. Be babbling there!
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
tpia@:
Very rude of them.

Is he their mate?

They better apologise.

Apologize for the truth? You must be joking right?
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by honifome(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
theoctopus:

And you are a sycophant for posting this trash! APC will see the wrath of Lagosians in 2015. Be babbling there!
we will invade Ondo after mimiko tenure.As you can see,he is in isolation among soutwest governors but Ondo state will join the kith and kin come 2016.As for lagosians,80 percent has pledged loyalty to APC and we will continue to ride on.We will kick the lonely party(LP) from ondo.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by tpia5: 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2013
theoctopus:

Apologize for the truth? You must be joking right?

they need to apologize for disrespecting him.

ki lo ma fa gbogbo oshi yen?

he is not their mate, that was totally unwarranted.

which kind yeye reason are you trying to proffer there?
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
tpia@:

they need to apologize for disrespecting him.

ki lo ma fa gbogbo oshi yen?

he is not their mate, that was totally unwarranted.

which kind yeye reason are you trying to proffer there?

He is not their mate? what nonsense! He is an iddiot governor. A failure masquerading as a performing governor. His antics have been found out! He is the hater of the masses. Tinubu's sidekick! Ole!
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by theoctopus: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
honifome: we will invade Ondo after mimiko tenure.As you can see,he is in isolation among soutwest governors but Ondo state will join the kith and kin come 2016.As for lagosians,80 percent has pledged loyalty to APC and we will continue to ride on.We will kick the lonely party(LP) from ondo.

80 percent ke! grin grin grin

Stop smoking gum my friend! grin grin grin
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by agbameta: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
theoctopus:

Let us hear word. You and your hypocrite governor. If government decides to deal with those who insult and undermine the authorities, most of you will be in jail cooling your azzes right now. Can fashola have anyone insult him the way El Rufai et all are insulting GEJ? hypocrites

Not that I expect a shallow and village barking bingo like you to perform above your predisposed low, demented village mentality and social norms, but do you see NL folks, el rufai and other GEJ critics stopping and harassing GEJ's convoy or infringing on his movements anywhere in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Mimiko Helps In Packing Refuse / FG To Unveil Plan For Affordable Housing Monday / Insecurity: Senators Demand Sack Of Service Chiefs, Security Agencies Heads..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.