Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47301 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Danhumprey: 10:25am On Nov 17, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Very Lonnnng hisssssss undecided

WahDhaFuQ is wrong with People and some sorta graven image they bow down to undecided

I wonder oooooo. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:
comparing Mary with Jesus huh? Is it a kind of competition?

We are showing you consecrated statues of Jesus and Mary which were unscathed by humongous disasters.

That is all.

The mother never competes against her son.

Jesus is God and Son of Mary.

Mary is Mother of Jesus who is God.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by philclem(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2013
iluvweed: TB JOUSHUA'S STATUE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.... grin
you are mean oo grin
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 17, 2013
i did rather love to see that statue destroyed than seeing 1000 lives lost. Put a bomb on that crap statue and see it explode

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 10:28am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

We are showing you consecrated statues of Jesus and Mary which were unscathed by humongous disasters.

That is all.

Are you trying to say Mary (Jesus' mother) is greater than Jesus? This question is from your last two lines.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by philclem(m): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2013
Danhumprey: I wonder oooooo. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
did u in any way in d pishure see anybody bow before it? U just occupied space for usefun comment undecided
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by sureteeboy(m): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2013
This is nothing else but pure co incindence. Why should Jesus preserve his statue when the Bible says statues aint meant to be worshipped.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2013
gabinogem: some will prefer to serve graven images than the true God which is in them... know thyself

Indolence of spirit
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by VicGoodGuy(m): 10:33am On Nov 17, 2013
When I saw this thread, I said to myself that this is the kind of thread that pegan-9ja thrives on. Then I opened it and there he is on the front row seat. Bros I hail thee. You no dey disappoint at all.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2013
sureteeboy: This is nothing else but pure co incindence. Why should Jesus preserve his statue when the Bible says statues aint meant to be worshipped.

What makes you sure it is coincidental?

What has worshipping statues got to do with statues that arent worshipped?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though

I guess that is a failed attempt at your path, well I am not a religious person, but judging my the religion of most of the "deceased" I think their God did them a favor. I assume that most of them are christains and believe in a better life after death. If that is their believe how then do you make mockery of their journey to a better place, a place believed to be devoid of all the worries of the earth. In that case rather than trying to mock their religion believe while not thank their God for saving them from the harsh reality called earth?

Well the one one that needs to worry are those that believe that it all starts and end here, for those I think it is unfair if they have to partake in this journey ( a journey in which the neither believe in or want to partake in ). Having said that, may the souls of the departed RIP and for those left behind may then take heart.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 12month: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2013
is this not idolatry? undecided undecided
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Jesus is God and Son of Mary.

This is bullshit. By definition, GOD CANNOT have a mother!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2013
Mtchew, nonsense.

Didn't you see the kind of houses around the statue, poor houses built with sticks and bamboo, infact the concrete ones are still standing.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2013
Islam and terrorism..

nutty_hnic: Christianity and idols....

10 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by wasak(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

That is all.

Jesus Is God?? Mary gave birth to a God ?does this mean Jesus created himself?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2013
woodcook:

I guess that is a failed attempt at your path, well I am not a religious person, but judging my the religion of most of the "deceased" I think their God did them a favor. I assume that most of them are christains and believe in a better life after death. If that is their believe how then do you make mockery of their journey to a better place, a place believed to be devoid of all the worries of the earth. In that case rather than trying to mock their religion believe while not thank their God for saving them from the harsh reality called earth?

Well the one one that needs to worry are those that believe that it all starts and end here, for those I think it is unfair if they have to partake in this journey ( a journey in which the neither believe in or want to partake in ). Having said that, may the souls of the departed RIP and for those left behind may then take heart.

Please can some one explain this to me?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by aloydave(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2013
What will you do if your fiancy friend want you for a date?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2013
Come on! It's not unusual for a statue, any statue, to survive a natural disaster. Statues are so isolated and expose a smaller surface area to destructive forces that it isn't surprising when they survive disasters or deluges.
Force = Pressure * Area.

If the Area is small, the resultant force due to pressure from a moving flood, for example, will have less effect on a statue.

Examples

7 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by IGBOSON1: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
most of the houses are standing as well. This is no miracle.

that area pictured does not have very high flood levels.

when I read the article, I thought it would be something like this:

Statue of Lord Shiva (God of Destructive Forces) that withstood the recent floods in North India.

^^^The stuff of nightmares! Looks just like a Cyclops rising out from the sea in Sinbad!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:

Are you trying to say Mary (Jesus' mother) is greater than Jesus? This question is from your last two lines.

Who is greater than God? No one.

Why are you so interested in competitions?

You seem a little far from Jesus and Mary.

They arent interested in competing with anyone, as you seemingly want them to be.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:41am On Nov 17, 2013
Are u an illiterate can't u read?

Merkki:

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

That is all.

Wats this rubbish?

A dead man cannot be a God

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by IGBOSON1: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
aloydave: What will you do if your fiancy friend want you for a date?

^^^Run like the wind! The fact anyone could think the situation presents a dilemma shows he's not prepared for marriage and is possibly not in love with his so-called fiancée!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
Lilaex: Are u an illiterate can't u read?

She can. She just cant read and understand.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gleaf: 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
I will cling to Jesus forever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2013
macof:

Wats this rubbish?

A dead man cannot be a God

How do you know he is dead?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2013
U can say dat again Fooool.. O btw marry was a virgin and she gave birth explain dat one to Fooolish mortal..

wasak:
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2013
U can say dat again Fooool.. O btw marry was a virgin and she gave birth explain dat one too Fooolish mortal..

wasak:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / 77 Rescued At Bible Believers Church, Ondo Were Awaiting 'Second Coming'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.