Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (47299 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2013
gothrones:

This is bullshit. By definition, GOD CANNOT have a mother!

By YOUR definition.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by macof(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2013
12month: is this not idolatry? undecided undecided

Yes it is. But don't get it twisted, idolatry isn't a bad thing.

We use the idols to represent the presence of the Gods

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:51am On Nov 17, 2013
Ur ryt O!...

italo:

She can. She just cant read and understand.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cold(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2013
Goodness gracious! Statue over humans. Just when you thought you've heard it all,these christians outdo themselves again. I feel for these folks

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Why do people seize such opportunites to make mockery of the religiong of others?
Live and let live.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by wickyyolo: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Jesus decides to allow 5000 people to die,just for a chance to preserve His statue!! Praise be to our all loving God

Well I doubt the veracity of your claims though
I doubt The Lord ever wants his people to die. Don't talk like a vampire.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by MAHMOUD04: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2013
that particular area is not touched at all, you can see all the surrounding structures are all standing, so what are you rilly talking about? go to those areas that are hard hit u would not see anything standing not even churches. Attention seeker. If Jesus can be taking away then what sour his startue.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Lilaex: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2013
Ur obviously a pergan(Muslim) if not u would have knwn dat HE(jesus) resurrected and physically ascended heaven...

macof:

Wats this rubbish?

A dead man cannot be a God
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 10:59am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

Who is greater than God? No one.

Dis is the answer I need. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Originalsly: 10:59am On Nov 17, 2013
Miracle?....didn't the Bible made it clear that no such statue should ever be made? The statue is therefore ungodly and so.are the people that see it as blessed...pay homage to it...worship it or thought it was Jesus watching over them. They should now think again ...maybe see it as a magnet for destruction.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by bookface: 11:01am On Nov 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

She can. She just cant read and understand.
No need to be rude. I respected you enough. I needed an answer and I got it. Any crime, Mr. Christian?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Rozey(f): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2013
Whether it is a miracle or a coincidence, the people who will take a positive message from this will do so. And those who won't, will not.
I believe somewhere in the Philippines, someone has drawn a message of hope from this and God has been glorified.
All other ground is sinking sand!
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by collinsJn(m): 11:03am On Nov 17, 2013
god_of_music: An idol in the water. . . . White like this one with shinining eyes. LAWD!

My grandfather told me it's 'Ogbuide' the godess of the 'Orashi' river. . . That me seeing it shows i'm an indigene and i'm welcomed to the land.

#TeamGOM

Pls Which State 're U 4rm. + Ur Home Town ( Village ) Pls.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Merkki(f): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2013
Lilaex: Are u an illiterate can't u read?

yes I am. Can you pls read for me. Some of you so-called Christians are demonic and are always ready for a fight. That Italo or whatever he is called has lost my respect. Together with you professor. People like you make us not want to associate with Christians. Always bitter.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by ALEXIS0240: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2013
italo: Statue of Mary untouched by hurricane Sandy.

she too don be God abi?all this earthly mentality wont do us any good,this statures were all built by man,its not like the are even heavenly bodies.guy anything wey no dey in line with the holy books,i swear na fake.read your bible or koran and practice what is written there in truth,leave the rest to God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by dasparrow: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2013
@Post

It goes to show that my Christ Jesus is LORD!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by cutieemperor007: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2013
'
italo:

We are showing you consecrated statues of Jesus and Mary which were unscathed by humongous disasters.

That is all.

The mother never competes against her son.

Jesus is God and Son of Mary.

Mary is Mother of Jesus who is God.

so I guess mary is the mother of GOD...
Forgive them GOD for they no not what they speak of...
you pple gave GOD a son but that isn't enough for u, now u have also find him a mother, soon u pple will tell us GOD's wife and the brothers and sisters of jesus...
# I serve a GOD that begget not and was not beggotten#

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by 2good(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2013
sauer: Come on! It's not unusual for a statue, any statue, to survive a natural disaster. Statues are so isolated and expose a smaller surface area to destructive forces that it isn't surprising when they survive disasters or deluges.
Force = Pressure * Area.

If the Area is small, the resultant force due to pressure from a moving flood, for example, will have less effect on a statue.

Examples

You gave the best explanation of the phenomenon from basic law of physics. I am ashamed that even my smart christian friends with Phd degree in Science/ Engineering field from top western universities are quick to believe and redistribute nonsense stories like this despite knowing all the basic laws governing how the world works. Religion is really a big poison to civilization and progress because it trives on superstition and absolute believe without fact and questioning.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by musaajebor(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2013
Ahleloojah!!
It's a miracle,idols of the sacred lamb and virgin Mary watching as their presumed followers r destroyed. What is their undoing.lord.
5000 ppl fa.
Where is d love?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Originalsly: Miracle?....didn't the Bible made it clear that no such statue should ever be made? The statue is therefore ungodly and so.are the people that see it as blessed...pay homage to it...worship it or thought it was Jesus watching over them. They should now think again ...maybe see it as a magnet for destruction.

Wrong. In the Bible, God commands statues to be made by the Israelites.

What's wrong is worshiping statues as God...and there's nothing to suggest those statues were worshipped.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by beckkyjackky: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2013
worshipers of Mary grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by DJDOLA(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2013
JESUS is servant of God....stop calling jesus God
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2013
ALEXIS0240: [b]she too don be God abi?[/b]all this earthly mentality wont do us any good,this statures were all built by man,its not like the are even heavenly bodies.guy anything wey no dey in line with the holy books,i swear na fake.read your bible or koran and practice what is written there in truth,leave the rest to God almighty.

I think you need glasses.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2013
God has a sense of humor. its like me beating my child and then later showing him why he got beaten. the lord preserved their idols so they can see what got them ( the people ) destroyed.

psalms 96 vs 5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2013
italo:

By YOUR definition.

NOT by my definition. God is the creator of all things. If God has a birther, how can He be God?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by musaajebor(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

It goes to show that my Christ Jesus is LORD!
which further shows dat the statue of liberty NY is a mightier lord.
Abi u nor dey c as e stand gidigba in the face of natural opression. The statue of liberty na strong god o.oya begin dey worship am.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Rogers210(m): 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
[img][/img]
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by gothrones(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Lilaex: U can say dat again Fooool.. O btw marry was a virgin and she gave birth explain dat one too Fooolish mortal..

How do you know this? Do you have proof of this? You are a rétard.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2013
Merkki:
yes I am. Can you pls read for me. Some of you so-called Christians are demonic and are always ready for a fight. That Italo or whatever he is called has lost my respect. Together with you professor. People like you make us not want to associate with Christians. Always bitter.

It was you who continually tried to twist my statements.

How was I to know that you understood all along?

Sorry for offending you, but I advise you look into your conduct with me on this thread.

It is easy to find faults in others without realizing ours.

When did I ever make it seem like Jesus was competing against Mary? When did I ever make it seem like Mary was greater than Jesus?

Yet you kept asking me those as if I suggested those.

Vheck yourself too.
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by italo: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2013
gothrones:

NOT by my definition. God is the creator of all things. If God has a birther, how can He be God?

How do you know God is the creator of all things?
Re: Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2013
Big deal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / 'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / Pastor Who Shares Fufu And Cow Meat Soup After Church Service Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.