Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues (1367 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by horlatunde(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of University
(ASUU) has dismissed report going round the
media, especially social media platforms that
it held of the union’s National Exectuve
Council to discuss the possibility of calling
off the strike.
Chairman of the University of Ibadan branch
of the union, Dr. Olusegun Ajiboye, said the
stories of the meeting in Kano are rumours.
He said in an interview monitored on
Diamond FM, University of Ibadan, that there
was no meeting scheduled by the union for
Saturday as they were still observing seven
days of mourning in honour of the late former
national chairman of the union, Festus Iyayi.
The union was last week scheduled the
meeting of its National Executive Council to
hold in Kano, where they were expected to
take a final decision on whether to continue
with their strike or accept the FG’s offer, but
cancelled it when one of their colleague and a
former president of the union was killed in a
car crash by the convoy of the Governor of
Kogi state.
No new date has been fixed for the cancelled
meeting, thus the fate of university students
whoi have stayed at home for over four
months remains unknown.

http://abusidiqu.com/ASUU-denies-report-holding-nec-meeting-kano-strike-continues/

1 Like

Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by nurmanteasynoni: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
are u sure about this
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by jagudaswag170(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Clap for ASUU,they still want to stay back home n seriously d student dnt rilli give a Bleep at this junction,dy shud do wat dy want
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by tosinjoe(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Like I didnt knw
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by sylvar02(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Yeeeeepppaaaaaa
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by ugoboss26(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
Bleep you guys!!!.....I don pack and unpack my box reach 5 times for all these cock and bull blogs/rumours when una dey drop...giving us rumours, now you are dashing my hope out again. If I unpack my box this night again and una come with another yeye story about ASUU might / will / hopefully / probably /considerably call abi na switch off the strike and yet it proves nothing...Amadioha go fire that hand when una take dey blog nonsense!!!!...#AngryFinalyearstudent#

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by Ptoocool(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
ugoboss26: Bleep you guys!!!.....I don pack and unpack my box reach 5 times for all these cock and bull blogs/rumours when una dey drop...giving us rumours, now you are dashing my hope out again. If I unpack my box this night again and una come with another yeye story about ASUU might / will / hopefully / probably /considerably call off the strike and yet it proves nothing...Amadioha go fire that hand when una take dey blog nonsense!!!!...#AngryFinalyearstudent#

Na by force??
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by Brimmie(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
Duhh!!
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by ogeoflyf(f): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
And I thought Jonathan said he gives them a week or switch to plan B
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by chefdoeuvre: 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
ugoboss26: Bleep you guys!!!.....I don pack and unpack my box reach 5 times for all these cock and bull blogs/rumours when una dey drop...giving us rumours, now you are dashing my hope out again. If I unpack my box this night again and una come with another yeye story about ASUU might / will / hopefully / probably /considerably call abi na switch off the strike and yet it proves nothing...Amadioha go fire that hand when una take dey blog nonsense!!!!...#AngryFinalyearstudent#
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
In oda news.. Nt up to 1mnth on NL n tz FP tinzz.. Hardwrk pays..
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by ignis: 3:04am On Nov 17, 2013
That means it will be called off next year.
Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by ameer2: 3:17am On Nov 17, 2013
undecided undecided undecided

Re: ASUU Denies Report Of Holding NEC Meeting In Kano, Strike Continues by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:39am On Nov 17, 2013
Am losing sympathy for ASUU what is there in fixing a date for NEC meeting. It seems they, especially the NEC members don't want the strike to end? Maybe the presidency is right with their accusation that the strike was politicize. Agree they need to mourn the dead and I really sympathize with tthem that but that should not affect the fate of millions of people (Students, parents, and lecturers that are willing to resume).
Partly ASUU caused the death of Prof. Iyayi with there policy of no takin of flight when any member is on duty during strike, inability to adopt the e-conference technology and fixing meeting venue in Kano considering the distance and insecurity around that area.

(1) (Reply)

Please Do Uniport Still Offer Medicine And Surgery? / buy jamb CBT practice software traning for as low as 1k / Noun Criminology Students 100level- Second Semester .join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.