Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Frontpage Opt-in Form... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Frontpage Opt-in Form... (659 Views)

How Do I Put An Opt-in Form To My Wordpress Blog? / Did You Make Nairaland Frontpage In 2012? / My Nairaland Frontpage "Mod" For SMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frontpage Opt-in Form... by wealthinfos(m): 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Webmasters; pls anyone got idea how to create an opt-in form for email and name box on my frontpage? I'd apreciate ur help
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by Successguilders: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
wealthinfos: Webmasters; pls anyone got idea how to create an opt-in form for email and name box on my frontpage? I'd apreciate ur help
Give more explanation on the job lets.
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by wealthinfos(m): 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
Successguilders: Give more explanation on the job lets.

I intend capturing names and email address of my readers
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by wealthinfos(m): 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Successguilders: Give more explanation on the job lets.

I intend capturing email adress of my readers
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by 5hyguy: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
Then they have to be logged in oon dat page, there by using hidden fields to capture those field details u nid
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by 5hyguy: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
Or wat do u mean by an opt in form
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by yawatide(f): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2013
I believe OP Is referring to the ability, via a form, to collect info from website visitors...akin to a "sign up for our newsletter" form. If this is the case:

Easy, cheesy way:
1) Create a regular form, with all the fields you want to have
2) Send the results via email to the desired email address

"Hard" but preferred way:
1) Create a database to capture the fields you want
2) Create your form
3) On submit, write the results to a database

Good luck!
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by wealthinfos(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
I believe OP Is referring to the ability, via a form, to collect info from website visitors...akin to a "sign up for our newsletter" form. If this is the case:

Easy, cheesy way:
1) Create a regular form, with all the fields you want to have
2) Send the results via email to the desired email address

"Hard" but preferred way:
1) Create a database to capture the fields you want
2) Create your form
3) On submit, write the results to a database

Good luck!

ok; pls can u be litle bit practical. How and from where can i do those things u said?
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by yawatide(f): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
With your text editor and web server...
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by Successguilders: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
A form first, then in the form let them fill their email, then insert the email in your database, creat an admin, use GET to get the data, and ECHO to display , if you can creat a mailer good(form mailer can send much emails) if not email from you own email.
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by wealthinfos(m): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Tnx for ur inputs though; but nobody seems to be giving me a clear picture of what i need.

What i really need is to create a squeez page site with fields for readers to provide thier name and email; so i can hv an email database of my readers. Hope its clearer now??
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by omoelu1(m): 5:37am On Nov 19, 2013
wealthinfos: Tnx for ur inputs though; but nobody seems to be giving me a clear picture of what i need.

What i really need is to create a squeez page site with fields for readers to provide thier name and email; so i can hv an email database of my readers. Hope its clearer now??
it's pretty much as has beign explained above. you will need a database from ur host, setup the database,create a page which has the desired info you want to collect from your readers, using the _GET or _Post(or as applicable to ur choice of language), insert the info into ur database accordingly. i believe dats simple enough. if you do not get it now, u might want to consider learning php and MySQL.
i hope that helps
Re: Frontpage Opt-in Form... by 5hyguy: 6:11am On Nov 19, 2013
Gbam well said omeoli

(1) (Reply)

Whats Up With The New Layout Of Nairaland Mobile Site? / How To Integrate Shopping Cart + Interswitch Payment Gateway Into Your Site. / The 3 Things To Avoid When Emailing Your List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.