Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You (2112 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
A good teacher is someone that wants his or her students to grow with an all round education. A good teacher will want his or her students to reason for themselves.

Pastors and imams are not good teachers. They are not there to free your minds. No, they are there to chain your mind to their interpretations of their religions. They don't want you think for yourself. They want you to think according to their preaching of the religion.

Don't believe me?

When is the last time your Christian pastor or priest told you to read an atheist book and compare it with the bible? Yes, has your priest or pastor ever suggested that you read opposing ideologies and philosophies that are different from the bibles? Wouldn't your faith be stronger if you read what others outside your religion are saying? Doesn't the bible tell you that people perish for lack of knowledge?

When last did an imam tell you, a Muslim, to read atheist or Christian philosophy?when last did an imam recommend a book on western ideology?

Sorry, but a good teacher will want to see his or her student being able to tackle the subject matter from all angles.

The case is clear. Only you can develop yourself. A pastor or imam will never give u knowledge that you can't see for yourself in the holy book. Most people who have actually read one or two holy books to the end hardly see the need for these so called teachers.

What about the billionaire pastors who give advice? Well, I doubt they are real pastors and I am even finding it funny that these so called billionaire pastors can't make few entrepreneurs out of their congregation. I guess, if they give the secret of their church business out, there will be competition from former church members.

3 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Joshthefirst(m): 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
I attempted replying twice, before realizing that I had nothing to say apart from the usual.

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by texanomaly(f): 1:52am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: I attempted replying twice, before realizing that I had nothing to say apart from the usual.
Horses everywhere breath a sigh of relief. grin

4 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 18, 2013
Joshthefirst: I attempted replying twice, before realizing that I had nothing to say apart from the usual.

Of course, you cant defend your dubious pastors.....you have nothing

1 Like

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by tobechi74: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2013
In the seminary, catholics are taught "reasons for disbelif in God" as partof philosophy course.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 18, 2013
tobechi74: In the seminary, catholics are taught "reasons for disbelif in God" as partof philosophy course.

That should be a recent change. Still, the priests will never state anything positive or sensitive about disbelief in Mass.

Maybe you forget that I was a catholic and almost became a priest......
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:04am On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

That should be a recent change. Still, the priests will never state anything positive or sensitive about disbelief in Mass.

Maybe you forget that I was a catholic and almost became a priest......

They really hit you hard, eh.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by texanomaly(f): 9:09am On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Maybe you forget that I was a catholic and almost became a priest
Interesting. I did not know this.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by macof(m): 10:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy speaks the truth.

These religions close ur mind, they prevent u from reason, and any sudden confusion or doubt about them is labeled shaky faith doomed to hell.

I advice all people to learn from the opposing side as that gives u knowledge and reason to stand in ur faith. For a man who knows nothing about his neighbor shouldn't condemn him for lies and slander

1 Like

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by tobechi74: 10:49am On Nov 18, 2013
You dont give a young baby snake to play with or fire

you wait till he is matured enough

a christian who is young in christiaity shouldnt be exposed to atheism else he may loose faith in everything and doubt his very existence .

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by texanomaly(f): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2013
macof: Logicboy speaks the truth.

These religions close ur mind, they prevent u from reason, and any sudden confusion or doubt about them is labeled shaky faith doomed to hell.

I advice all people to learn from the opposing side as that gives u knowledge and reason to stand in ur faith. For a man who knows nothing about his neighbor shouldn't condemn him for lies and slander

I agree with the bolded, but I will also say this;
Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith. Then proceed.

1 Like

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by MrTroll(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2013
texanomaly:

I agree with the bolded, but I will also say this;
Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith. Then proceed.

I say doubt everything. stick only with the evidence and facts. distrust hearsay...

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by tobechi74: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2013
texanomaly:
Interesting. I did not know this.

now,you know. He was expelled for .........................
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2013
tobechi74:

Heterosexualism.

3 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by MrTroll(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2013
tobechi74:

You dont give a young baby snake to play with or fire

you wait till he is matured enough

a christian who is young in christiaity shouldnt be exposed to atheism else he may loose faith in everything and doubt his very existence .
that's right. indoctrinate him thoroughly before exposing him to the world. goot goot. wink
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by texanomaly(f): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2013
Mr Troll: I say doubt everything. stick only with the evidence and facts. distrust hearsay...
I would expect that from you. Proof, proof, proof. That's all l hear. Not everything worth having in this life, can be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. I understand your reticence, given what I've read from you and other Atheists here on NL. I just can't get on board. My experience, thank goodness, was not the same as yours.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by tuagbo: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2013
tobechi74:

Refusing to sodomize young boys.

2 Likes

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Heterosexualism.

That was epic!!!!!!!!

At first, I didnt understand but then I got it........well done bro..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
macof: Logicboy speaks the truth.

Well said.

One should always learn what the opposing theory/ideology is saying to get a balanced view......

1 Like

Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by tobechi74: 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
tuagbo: Refusing to sodomize young boys.

i discovered you are a disciple of logicboy,....try to have a mind of your own
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
tobechi74:

i discovered you are a disciple of logicboy,....try to have a mind of your own

I have no disciples
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by ghostofsparta(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Heterosexualism.
grin grin daaaaaaaaaaamn!!.......laugh wan kill me

texanomaly:
My experience, thank goodness, was not the same as yours.
If you have courage.....We are all hears, (kai wetin dem go do u 4 here go bad gan)
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Ajibam: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
imagine!!!

Logicboy03:
When is the last time your Christian pastor or priest told you to read an atheist book and compare it with the bible

why would my pastor encourage me to read a book written by confused people?
i don't read something i cant gain anything sensible there
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ajibam: imagine!!!

why would my pastor encourage me to read a book written by confused people?
i don't read something i cant gain anything sensible there

Atheists are confused? How nice and christian of you.

Your current employer, Seun, is an atheist, by the way.....
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by NativeBoy: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Having a pastor doesn't prevent you from learning about other perspectives. That's the individual's responsibility not the pastor's. if a pastor sincerely believes in the truth of scripture, why would the pastor then want to advance other ideologies.

LogicBoy's statement is applicable to atheists as well. Many atheists simply regurgitate the quotes of Dawkins, Hawkings, Krauss, and the rest of the world's leading atheists.

We are all influenced by someone. I therefore say that Atheists are not good for you.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
NativeBoy: Having a pastor doesn't prevent you from learning about other perspectives. That's the individual's responsibility not the pastor's. if a pastor sincerely believes in the truth of scripture, why would the pastor then want to advance other ideologies.

LogicBoy's statement is applicable to atheists as well. Many atheists simply regurgitate the quotes of Dawkins, Hawkings, Krauss, and the rest of the world's leading atheists.

We are all influenced by someone. I therefore say that Atheists are not good for you.

Many atheists here were christians before. Some of us regret the information passed to us from pastors when we were christians. We would have been better off not listening to some of their messages

Pastors are not free to preach just like that to masses of people. Pastors and priests are given certain kinds of respect that comes with responsibility.

So when a pastor preaches about abortion, creationism, religion with government etc and he gives only one side of it as the utmost truth, he is destroying people's minds because of that respect that he as an instrument of God cant be lying on the pulpit. People go to church to listen to the word of God.....

note that the issues that I put up are multifaceted. Pastors and imamas give only one dimension of these issues as "truth". The congregation then are discouraged to see the other side when they already have the divine truth.

This is proven by research- religious people are less likely to know things about other religions. Atheists generally rank higher in religious tests
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by NativeBoy: 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Many atheists here were christians before. Some of us regret the information passed to us from pastors when we were christians. We would have been better off not listening to some of their messages

Pastors are not free to preach just like that to masses of people. Pastors and priests are given certain kinds of respect that comes with responsibility.

So when a pastor preaches about abortion, creationism, religion with government etc and he gives only one side of it as the utmost truth, he is destroying people's minds because of that respect that he as an instrument of God cant be lying on the pulpit. People go to church to listen to the word of God.....

note that the issues that I put up are multifaceted. Pastors and imamas give only one dimension of these issues as "truth". The congregation then are discouraged to see the other side when they already have the divine truth.

This is proven by research- religious people are less likely to know things about other religions. Atheists generally rank higher in religious tests

I do not discount what you have said. There are so many false teachers and false prophets out there deceiving people and even hardening people's hearts when they realize they have been deceived. There are many people teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.

All these things Jesus spoke of. That is why it is crucial to have a relationship with Christ and his word and not look to pastors as the final authority on things. That being said, there are many great pastors that God called to feed his flock, and these pastors are much needed because what we would have is chaos with everyone left to their own imaginations.

The same though is true for atheism. After all that's why atheists hold conferences and even start churches. They need to guide their own flock. It wouldn't do to have atheists with all kinds of mantras and ideologies. The leaders of the atheist movement also bear a certain responsibility and many look to them. If they are wrong, there will be a whole lot of regret.

I don't understand what your third paragraph. Are you saying that pastors should be saying that abortion is ok? Or God didn't create the world?
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by macof(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
NativeBoy: Having a pastor doesn't prevent you from learning about other perspectives. That's the individual's responsibility not the pastor's. if a pastor sincerely believes in the truth of scripture, why would the pastor then want to advance other ideologies.

wrong! I am not influenced by anyone
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
NativeBoy:

I do not discount what you have said. There are so many false teachers and false prophets out there deceiving people and even hardening people's hearts when they realize they have been deceived. There are many people teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.

All these things Jesus spoke of. That is why it is crucial to have a relationship with Christ and his word and not look to pastors as the final authority on things. That being said, there are many great pastors that God called to feed his flock, and these pastors are much needed because what we would have is chaos with everyone left to their own imaginations.

The same though is true for atheism. After all that's why atheists hold conferences and even start churches. They need to guide their own flock. It wouldn't do to have atheists with all kinds of mantras and ideologies. The leaders of the atheist movement also bear a certain responsibility and many look to them. If they are wrong, there will be a whole lot of regret.

I don't understand what your third paragraph. Are you saying that pastors should be saying that abortion is ok? Or God didn't create the world?

@ bold....atheists dont need a church per se.......atheists have all mantras and ideologies.....you seem to be quite ignorant of atheism...stop thinking of atheism as another religion

As for abortion- it is actually advisable in many occasions. How many pastors or priests will say that?
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by NativeBoy: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

@ bold....atheists dont need a church per se.......atheists have all mantras and ideologies.....you seem to be quite ignorant of atheism...stop thinking of atheism as another religion

As for abortion- it is actually advisable in many occasions. How many pastors or priests will say that?

I know what atheism is: absent theistic belief. That is all it is.

You say atheists don't need a church but that hasn't stopped atheists from creating churches.

Of course atheists have various mantras and ideologies but how many times have agnostics or atheist-spiritualists been ridiculed by atheists for their positions. They do that do get them in line.
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
NativeBoy:

I know what atheism is: absent theistic belief. That is all it is.

You say atheists don't need a church but that hasn't stopped atheists from creating churches.

Of course atheists have various mantras and ideologies but how many times have agnostics or atheist-spiritualists been ridiculed by atheists for their positions. They do that do get them in line.

An agnostic is an atheist.....we battle with the labels......the African/pagan/spiritualists among us just use atheism to sound cool- they arent atheists since they believe in local gods.

As for the atheist churches- those are not churches....it would be ridiculous to have a muslim or pagan church......these are just atheists that want to meet like minded atheists....calling it a church is just a result of their organistaion being a a country with a christian background

people with like minds meet all the time- chess clubs, AA, etc
Re: Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You by Ajibam: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheists are confused? How nice and christian of you.

Your current employer, Seun, is an atheist, by the way.....

that doesn't change the fact that they are confused, spiritually dead and a "fool"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua’s Eldest Daughter Speaks About Her Father (photos) / David Ibiyeomie Foundation Awards Scholarship To 295 Children. / Mystery Tree Grew Inside A Car In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.