Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. (1188 Views)

Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Senate Confirms Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chair, 4 Commissioners / Wamakko To Jonathan: Resign And Apologise To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by wirinet(m): 10:52am On Nov 18, 2013
The Anambra elections is admittedly flawed, even as admitted by Professor Jega himself. Since he admitted that one senior Inec staff had been compromised, it means others might have been compromised too. Meaning INEC does not have a system to check abuse of the process by it staff.

The so called cancellation is just a face saving gimmick, INEC does not have the powers to cancel elections once the result had been declared, only the courts have that power. If Obiano does not win a rerun or rescheduled election, he has a strong case in court to uphold the original results. Lawyers it is time to relocate to Anambra, there is plenty of meat there.

Anyway, since Professor Jega has shown that he is incapable of controlling INEC, i thing he should resign and go back to professing.
If nigerians want a semblance of credible elections in 2015, i think Dr. Dora Akinyuli should be drafted to INEC, she has shown that she is incorrigible and incorruptible, with the magic she performed at NAFDAC in which she almost eliminated the fake drug pandemic before she was drafted to the information ministry. I am sure she would be able to sanitize INEC to an extent.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by nedu2000(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2013
I equally recommend that jega resigns but dora is involved in partisan politics and thus can't be given such a position....a university don/lecturer/religious leader(not orisejeafor)can be offered the position
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by ifebosco: 11:06am On Nov 18, 2013
wirinet: The Anambra elections is admittedly flawed, even as admitted by Professor Jega himself. Since he admitted that one senior Inec staff had been compromised, it means others might have been compromised too. Meaning INEC does not have a system to check abuse of the process by it staff.

The so called cancellation is just a face saving gimmick, INEC does not have the powers to cancel elections once the result had been declared, only the courts have that power. If Obiano does not win a rerun or rescheduled election, he has a strong case in court to uphold the original results. Lawyers it is time to relocate to Anambra, there is plenty of meat there.

Anyway, since Professor Jega has shown that he is incapable of controlling INEC, i thing he should resign and go back to professing.
If nigerians want a semblance of credible elections in 2015, i think Dr. Dora Akinyuli should be drafted to INEC, she has shown that she is incorrigible and incorruptible, with the magic she performed at NAFDAC in which she almost eliminated the fake drug pandemic before she was drafted to the information ministry. I am sure she would be able to sanitize INEC to an extent.

if you want free elections in nigeria,the inec chairman should be appointed be we the citizens not the president.a football player can not appoint a refree in a match he/she is going to play.we should do the right thing and stop being silly

2 Likes

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by wirinet(m): 11:09am On Nov 18, 2013
nedu2000: I equally recommend that jega resigns but dora is involved in partisan politics and thus can't be given such a position....a university don/lecturer can be offer the position

I do not believe Dora is involved in partisan politics, she served under a PDP government and she did not contest any elective post. She was only drafted by Peter Obi to contest for senator and after she lost narrowly, she had remained politically mute.

I think Dora value her integrity, even during the yaradua fiasco she could not take the lies anymore and spoke out against the cabal. I bet that caused her to lose her ministerial position.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by nedu2000(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2013
ifebosco:

if you want free elections in nigeria,the inec chairman should be appointed be we the citizens not the president.a football player can not appoint a refree in a match he/she is going to play.we should do the right thing and stop being silly
how do d citizens appointed an inec chair,don't u mean an election?who'll organise it?you're going round in circles
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by takedat(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2013
ifebosco:

The Uwais committee report on electoral reform also recommended that the power to appoint the INEC chairman should not reside with the President. I propose that the job should be advertised and a body be constituted made up of the Chief Justice of the Federation, representatives from the NBA and civil society groups and representatives from political parties(they are stakeholders in the electoral process) to screen applicants and select their preferred choice. They will then forward the name of the preferred applicant to the President, who would then forward the name to the NASS. We need a genuine electoral reform or we fully implement the recommendations of the Uwais report which received wide acceptance.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by Ngwakwe: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2013
All these because APC lost an election that is definitely beyond them, even when conducted over and over, APC will still never take 2nd position in Anambra State in this present political climate.

Definitely, the failure of APC to utilise those thugs cum observers arrested in Dysney Hotel in Owerri was a big blow to their success in Anambra guber election.

1 Like

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by sammyyoung2(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2013
wirinet:

I do not believe Dora is involved in partisan politics, she served under a PDP government and she did not contest any elective post. She was only drafted by Peter Obi to contest for senator and after she lost narrowly, she had remained politically mute.

I think Dora value her integrity, even during the yaradua fiasco she could not take the lies anymore and spoke out against the cabal. I bet that caused her to lose her ministerial position.

If Farouk Lawan cld be bought over...........who is DORA

1 Like

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2013
wirinet:

I do not believe Dora is involved in partisan politics, she served under a PDP government and

she did not contest any elective post.

She was only drafted by Peter Obi to contest for senator

and after she lost narrowly, she had remained politically mute.

And people spend days arguing with this kind of poster.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by wirinet(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2013
Ngwakwe: All these because APC lost an election that is definitely beyond them, even when conducted over and over, APC will still never take 2nd position in Anambra State in this present political climate.

Definitely, the failure of APC to utilise those thugs cum observers arrested in Dysney Hotel in Owerri was a big blow to their success in Anambra guber election.

please remove your ethic lens once in a while so you can see issues in proper perspective. We are not talking about APC or Disney hotel, we are talking about organizing an election which can be seen locally and internationally as free, fair and credible as it is in other smaller African countries.

Rigged elections would come back and hunt everybody, even the winners in the future. So it is imperative we learn how to organize elections.

3 Likes

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by Youngzedd(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2013
JEGA should resign, if He can't handle only Anambra state election to be free and fair what then can He do in 2015.

I fear 2015 if this man still remain there.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by wirinet(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

And people spend days arguing with this kind of poster.

You should understand what i am talking about, it is difficult to get all your thoughts out when you are typing on a phone with a 2.5 x 1.5 screen. I mean all the time she was in the PDP government, she never showed any ambition to contest an elective post. And that was the height of her popularity.

She only contested after she left government and was drafted by Peter Obi to contest for senator. A politician involved in party politic would always contest for one post or the other in every election season. I hope you get my drift.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by Ngwakwe: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2013
Reread the comment you quoted and tell me how and where you saw any ethnocentric statement from that comment.

I'm not involved in your back and fought ethnic and tribal supremacy.

Care to comment on my opinions and not your preconceived idea of what I meant or trying to imply nonsense out of my write-ups.

Comparatively looking at what happened in Edo State where many accusations and plots of rigging were levelled against JEGA but were laid to rest immediately Gov. Adams Oshemole was declared winner. Nobody tried to check on those allegations again just because ACN was declared the winner.

wirinet:

please remove your ethic lens once in a while so you can see issues in proper perspective. We are not talking about APC or Disney hotel, we are talking about organizing an election which can be seen locally and internationally as free, fair and credible as it is in other smaller African countries.

Rigged elections would come back and hunt everybody, even the winners in the future. So it is imperative we learn how to organize elections.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by taharqa: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2013
wirinet:

You should understand what i am talking about, it is difficult to get all your thoughts out when you are typing on a phone with a 2.5 x 1.5 screen. I mean all the time she was in the PDP government, she never showed any ambition to contest an elective post. And that was the height of her popularity.

She only contested after she left government and was drafted by Peter Obi to contest for senator. A politician involved in party politic would always contest for one post or the other in every election season. I hope you get my drift.
Plz, just keep QUIET and save yaself more unnecessary embarrassment. Biko...
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by nedu2000(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2013
wirinet:

but our ideal umpire should be someone without any political affiliation whether past or present,unfortunately she falls into that category
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by omenka(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
taharqa: Plz, just keep QUIET and save yaself more unnecessary embarrassment. Biko...

First time I'd ever agree with you.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sacking Jega wont solve the problem. Jega to me sounds sincere and honest, he just have to work with a system that can never never and never give what he desire. What we need to do is change the entire electoral process and reform it. Jega doenst have such powers to do that. he will only work within the electoral laws which has been handed over to him.

This explains why i will continue to blame Jonathan who has the wherewithal to completely implement the Uwais report but the fool has refused to do so. for how long will we continue to subject ourselves to bad elections?

More Bad elections ahead of us no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by taharqa: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
omenka:

First time I'd ever agree with you.
Congratulations!!!
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by omenka(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
taharqa: Congratulations!!!
Fvck you too!!!

1 Like

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by olabukola: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sack Jega and make Buhari the INEC boss. People will think twice before picking up electoral form.

2 Likes

Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
The same dora that has been reduced to a political nonentity is ur state? Along with Soludo?

We all knw nothing good will be allowed to survive in a state where N1,000 is so big as to vote out ur future!

i remember the case of Osoba in 2003, we all collect the cash, but voted for the right man then!
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by jumobi1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Make Buhari this...make Dora that. And we wonder why Nigeria is backwards. Are they the most qualified? And we complain when GEJ recycles political appointees.
Biometric data and representatives nominated by each party monitoring the election would help solve our election issues.

There should be cameras all over election sites except in the voting booth. Voting should be computerized.

If APC cares, they should suggest to the govt to implement the voting system used in developed countries.
Re: Jega Should Resign And Jonathan Should Appoint Dora Akinyuli As INEC Chair. by juman(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
SLIDE waxie: The same dora that has been reduced to a political nonentity is ur state? Along with Soludo?

We all knw nothing good will be allowed to survive in a state where N1,000 is so big as to vote out ur future!

i remember the case of Osoba in 2003, we all collect the cash, but voted for the right man then!

I remember that time. Hmmmmmm.

After election gov. osoba was almost crying of betrayer on his broadcast to the state. Betrayer by the abuja people of the agreement. I listened to it on ogun radio.

(1) (Reply)

Osun’s First Raw Gold Before End Of The Year / Gov. Kayode Fayemi: My Ekiti Election Story / Massive Anti-jonathan Rally On His Visit To Us This Coming Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.