Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina (2632 Views)

FLASH BACK :why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Senator Adefuye / Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Kingspin(m): 6:06am On Nov 19, 2013
2015: Yoruba will shock the
North – Senator Zwingina on november 19, 2013 at 3:10
am in news Former deputy leader of the
Senate, Senator Jonathan
Zwingina was Director General
of the hugely successful Hope
“93 Campaign of Chief Moshood
Abiola. Zwingina who is one of the leading political leaders
from Adamawa State in this
interview ventilates on recent
political developments
including the contentions of
some northern political leaders against President Goodluck
Jonathan. Excerpts: Are you going along with
Governor Murtala Nyako to the
APC? Let me first and foremost say
that it is not entirely correct
that my State, Adamawa State
is going to the opposition.
What is happening is that the
Governor and a few of his supporters have indicated
interest to go to APC. For those
of us who know the politics of
the State very well, the
Governor had always actually
been in the opposition because as of fact, I know that in the
2011 elections, while all of us
were running round fighting
for the President, he was very
actively supporting Gen.
Buhari’s presidency, together with his Commissioners and
Permanent Secretaries who
came down to the Local
Government where we were
working. So, we have always known that
he was there. But soon after
that election, he was the first
Governor to come to Abuja to
greet the President and we
obliged him. If after the election he has seen the light
to come back, we are ready to
welcome him. So, he will not be
a stranger in the APC as he’s
just gone back home. As to whether some of us are
with him, I will like you to
observe what happened in the
last bye election that took
place in his own Local
Government for one of the two House of Assembly seats. In
that bye election, the PDP
defeated the candidate of the
Governor. Dr. Zwingina Elected candidate He had a candidate in one
other party whom he fielded
and all his Commissioners and
officers in government
campaigned for that
gentlemen and he brought a section of the law enforcement
agencies that were loyal to him
in that election. But we
mobilized effectively and
defeated the candidate of the
Governor; we had 14,000 votes and the Governor’s candidate
had 7,000 votes. The PDP candidate emerged
the elected candidate. That is
the measure of the size of
Adamawa population behind
him. I agree that he has
supporters but they are not in the majority and he is not
going with the State. He is
going with a few of his
supporters. I can tell you as a
fact now that most of his key
operators have declared support for the PDP and they
are not going with him. He has
the right to go where he wants
and I give him that right. But
he also should be aware that
we who are the majority in the State have the right to pull the
majority of the State in the
direction that they want and
that direction is the PDP, which
is where we a
re now. Where does former Vice-
President Atiku Abubakar
stand in this? Is he with Nyako? Right now, I am not sure
whether they really are
together. I have seen a number
of meetings of the APC
together with the G-7 or G-5,
but I have not seen the former Vice President. So, I do not
know to what extent that one
can say they are still together.
But I would also want him to
know that Adamawa has been
consistently PDP. People have left and come
back, but the bulk of the State
has been consistently PDP. Even
at a time when the former Vice
President left, the PDP won the
election. Nyako’s victory on the platform of the PDP is not his
own making but the tradition
of the State. The State is
predominantly PDP. People can
exit and re-enter, but the bulk
of the majority of the State is PDP. Are you in agreement with the
agitation of some of the
northerners that power should
shift to the North in 2015? As to whether power should
come back to the North, I
concede the right of the North
to want power to return to
them, just like I concede the
right of the President to want to run for a second term for
which he has a constitutional
right. However, it is the zone
and the President that strikes
the most alliance and the
larger support base that will eventually get the ticket. It is
not by threat or by compulsion
that that alliance can be built.
It is through persuasion,
dialogue and give and take.
The language of some elements in G-7 is a language
that is very anti-Northern
interest because you seek to
scare away people, rather than
to endear people to their
cause. Talking about allies looking at
the political configuration of
Nigeria, how will you look at
the APC? The South-West alliance with
the North as represented by
the emergence of APC is based
on convenience and this seems
shaky, untestable and never
lasting. As someone that is also fairly familiar with South-West
politics, I not only was a
student there, but I played
politics as a student there but I
was in the UPN and I was in
the same campaign outfit with Chief Awolowo as far back as
1979, I was also the campaign
manager to Chief Olu Falae and
I was the campaign manager
to Chief MKO Abiola and I
delivered June 12, so I have a fair idea of the direction they
take. The South-West is the most
sober political block in Nigeria
and they strike their alliances
based on pure political
calculations. When the time
comes, they will calculate the direction of their votes based
on national interest and based
on the ticket that will give
them peace and order and
based on what they see that
will promote their interest because right now, the South-
West is not quite ready for the
Presidency, both from the
history of Nigeria and the
history of their leaders. So, they are not going to do a
do or die in the presidential
election. If they find the
Goodluck Presidency will
promote the peace that they
have had and does not threaten their governorship
ambitions, they will be better
advised to settle with it than
any other presidency. The
Goodluck Presidency is not a
vindictive presidency and has not taken advantage of any
group and has not in any way
created hatred among the
communities. Do you consider Gen. Buhari as
a threat to the PDP in 2015? Gen. Buhari, with all due
respect, is not a viable
presidential material because
he has lost the Presidency
thrice. In the US, if you lose
once, nobody allows you to come back. To lose three times
and still desire to come back,
for Nigerians to resolve three
time to reject you, unless you
say they are foolish, which they
are not. For Nigerians to resolve three times and reject
you and you keep coming, then
you need another
interpretation of the resolve of
Nigerians. I’m sure if his advisers are
honest, they will advise him
that look, the electorates that
rejected you three times must
have a good reason to do so. I
respect him as a leader but I do not think that these are the
times for a Buhari presidency.
These times require a younger
and more vibrant President
that will connect with the kind
of leaders that are coming out of the world. Gen. Buhari did
well when he was a military
President but he serves better
when he is in the military. I
don’t think these are his times. You can see examples in the
CPC. Even in Katsina where he
comes from, there were two
candidates and he could not
resolve the two of them. Bauchi
went into election with four CPC candidates, not even
aspirants. If this is the kind of
inability to organize the home
that will be visited on
Nigerians, its no wonder that
they have said no three times and I’m sure the fourth time
will be a more resounding No.
You should not humiliate a
leader like that with too many
no’s. You should save him the
honour of being a former President and not be repeating
too many no’s at his face. It
doesn’t do him any good
because he could go to his
grave very unhappy.
www.vanguardngr.com
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Profidada: 6:25am On Nov 19, 2013
tell them. I find it difficult to understand why some folks will be promoting the buhari candidacy. this man has done his own it's high time younger Nigerians be given a chance
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by funshint(m): 6:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Wise words! The alliance is welcomed but if it's based on how to present Buhari as d presidential flagbearer then its a shear waste of time!!!
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by strangest(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2013
2014 is almost here and APC has no credible candidate that can contest against GEJ come 2015... #save buhari from going to the grave unhappy

1 Like

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Jonathan's Modus Operandi is becoming very clear! And that is to get broke,hungry and relevance-seeking political spent forces who can attack his political enemies and Pronto,you will be rewarded abundantly

Now who is Sen Jonathan Zwingina, for the uninformed,he along with Sen Ibrahim Mantu were the people Nasir El-Rufai exposed to have demanded several Millions of Naira from for them to help him facilitate his smooth Ministerial confirmation at the Senate!

So when people like this talk,be sure its because they are either courting a favour or have just been 'mobilised' to do so

In another thread about ( APC wooing IBB and Abubarkar-Ayo Adebanjo sic!). I posited that GEJ is seriously jittery about 2015 because the political calculations aint just in his favour and his handlers have told him to do as much as he could to curry the SWners favour by mounting a serious media war and propaganda against APC since the North is as good as a Dead end!

SW obviously is the SWING region in 2015 since the North has shown its hand in clear and unambigious terms that it wants power back while the SE and SS have always allowed the President to have his way no matter the level of performance whether good or bad

But 'this SW people are too stubborn hence must be fixed' since they have shown capacity to vote both ways either for the opposition or for the incumbent depending on the issues of perceptiveness and performance

For Performance,GEJ knows he is a failure in most neutral and objective SWners mind!

'Now let us work on their perception of me' hence the calculated,programmed and sponsored,well-oiled and massively financed all out media assault on the SW

The first bait is the hurriedly acceded- to National Confab since the SW could lay claim to being the champion of the cause! The calculation is to throw at them the poisoned chalice which will 'buy' a bit of likeness for GEJ owing to the fact that opinion about the President in the SW is at an all time LOW,

Knowing fully well that the SWners are the most politically sophisticated and can always read between the lines rather than throw blanket political endorsement for a candidate just because of some ridiculous or base consideration of 'Na my brotherlism' hence 'Na him we want',the calculation is therefore to HOODWINK them with that thing they have always longed for while holding back the TRUEST intention of why you acceded to their 'yearnings'

So when the Old discredited out-of-power and obviously out-of-political reckoning Afenifere who were dealt a mortal blow and sent into political sabbatical leave since 1999 by Tinubu talks about an issue,the brain of an impressionable person who really don't know them and what they truly represents but who also don't know the fact that something and someone is indeed playing the piper by giving them a lifeline after being kicked aside will say 'hmmmmm' these people are talking sense and will be tempted to believe them since he/she doesn't even know what happened in the past as most of what they know were distorted hence can't form an informed opinion

So a Jonathan Zwingina a wily politician,who used to be a member of the Cabal in the OBJ and Yar'adua era but having served his punishment under Jonathan who many didnt know would later become the President hence might not have accorded him respect as VP when Yar'adua was President so was BLANKED OUT, knows that a vacuum is about to be created in Adamawa if Nyako decamps.

So payday is coming for all those who lost out during GEJ's 1st term,in as much as you can rabblerouse,obfuscate issues,throw political missiles and help the President fight his imaginary enemies

So whenever you hear Analogue politicians like Jonathan Zwingina,one of the arrow-heads of OBJ's 3rd term agenda pontificate about an issue,least of all about the SW just because he lived there and has one or two relationship with the elites there then be sure whatever he says is not borne out of any altrusitic mindset or sincere opinion of an elder but out of the agelong ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER( AGIP) philosophy!

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by abu12: 7:10am On Nov 19, 2013
*Zwingina is a political jobber,

These times require a younger
and more vibrant President
that will connect with the kind
of leaders that are coming out of the world. Gen. Buhari did
well when he was a military
President but he serves better
when he is in the military.

We don't need a young president who is corrupt and lack leadership quality but a leader who will fight corruption and focus on leadership

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by WarriPikin1: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Me i have always known Yoruba will show northerners American wonder in 2015, that is why i support yoruba because i know it is a shrewd sophisticated tribe.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by sopoundz(m): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2013
Brb
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by abu12: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Warri _Pikin: Me i have always known Yoruba will show northerners American wonder in 2015, that is why i support yoruba because i know it is a shrewd sophisticated tribe.

Just the way they show biafra in 1967, my brother the topic is misleading. Zwingina didn't say anything meaningful about the Yoruba here, he was only campaigning for buhari
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2013
abu12:

Just the way they show biafra in 1967, my brother the topic is misleading. Zwingina didn't say anything meaningful about the Yoruba here, he was only campaigning for buhari

He tacitly campaigned against Buhari using his age as an impediment

The new propaganda style against Buhari is not to say he is corrupt because even the most virulent critic know the truth or that he is a religious bigot since that one too is not selling again

But that he is now old! Pray how old was Nelson Mandela when he became the President of South Africa and several other leaders all over the world who though got to power old yet used their age as a pool of wisdom and garden of experience which made them to do right

The corrupt elites want to use the 'Youth' mantra to browbeat us into looking beyond Buhari whereas their main aim is to block the man who has the eternal tendency to shake this country down to its marrow by insisting on fighting corruption,impunity and wanton avarice of our ruling class even if they are from his party

That is their eternal morbid fear! Let's shine our eyes!

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Warri _Pikin: Me i have always known Yoruba will show northerners American wonder in 2015, that is why i support yoruba because i know it is a shrewd sophisticated tribe.
guy stop it na. you want to expose them. shey u know u e endangering our 'usual business' by doing so.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2013
i just want someone to fight corruption. But i knw its definitely not Jonathan undecided
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by teskyg: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Buhari anti corruption story can no longer sell with his romance with corrupt politicians.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by SU37fighter: 11:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Who cares?
They can suppnrt whoever they want to support.
That dosen't stop jonathan from becoming president.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by yetunsbay(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Who cares?
They can suppnrt whoever they want to support.
That dosen't stop jonathan from becoming president.
u so courageous..lmao wit ur own vote only bah

1 Like

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
sagombugo: Jonathan's Modus Operandi is becoming very clear! And that is to get broke,hungry and relevance-seeking political spent forces who can attack his political enemies and Pronto,you will be rewarded abundantly

Now who is Sen Jonathan Zwingina, for the uninformed,he along with Sen Ibrahim Mantu were the people Nasir El-Rufai exposed to have demanded several Millions of Naira from for them to help him facilitate his smooth Ministerial confirmation at the Senate!

So when people like this talk,be sure its because they are either courting a favour or have just been 'mobilised' to do so

In another thread about ( APC wooing IBB and Abubarkar-Ayo Adebanjo sic!). I posited that GEJ is seriously jittery about 2015 because the political calculations aint just in his favour and his handlers have told him to do as much as he could to curry the SWners favour by mounting a serious media war and propaganda against APC since the North is as good as a Dead end!

SW obviously is the SWING region in 2015 since the North has shown its hand in clear and unambigious terms that it wants power back while the SE and SS have always allowed the President to have his way no matter the level of performance whether good or bad

But 'this SW people are too stubborn hence must be fixed' since they have shown capacity to vote both ways either for the opposition or for the incumbent depending on the issues of perceptiveness and performance

For Performance,GEJ knows he is a failure in most neutral and objective SWners mind!

'Now let us work on their perception of me' hence the calculated,programmed and sponsored,well-oiled and massively financed all out media assault on the SW

The first bait is the hurriedly acceded- to National Confab since the SW could lay claim to being the champion of the cause! The calculation is to throw at them the poisoned chalice which will 'buy' a bit of likeness for GEJ owing to the fact that opinion about the President in the SW is at an all time LOW,

Knowing fully well that the SWners are the most politically sophisticated and can always read between the lines rather than throw blanket political endorsement for a candidate just because of some ridiculous or base consideration of 'Na my brotherlism' hence 'Na him we want',the calculation is therefore to HOODWINK them with that thing they have always longed for while holding back the TRUEST intention of why you acceded to their 'yearnings'

So when the Old discredited out-of-power and obviously out-of-political reckoning Afenifere who were dealt a mortal blow and sent into political sabbatical leave since 1999 by Tinubu talks about an issue,the brain of an impressionable person who really don't know them and what they truly represents but who also don't know the fact that something and someone is indeed playing the piper by giving them a lifeline after being kicked aside will say 'hmmmmm' these people are talking sense and will be tempted to believe them since he/she doesn't even know what happened in the past as most of what they know were distorted hence can't form an informed opinion

So a Jonathan Zwingina a wily politician,who used to be a member of the Cabal in the OBJ and Yar'adua era but having served his punishment under Jonathan who many didnt know would later become the President hence might not have accorded him respect as VP when Yar'adua was President so was BLANKED OUT, knows that a vacuum is about to be created in Adamawa if Nyako decamps.

So payday is coming for all those who lost out during GEJ's 1st term,in as much as you can rabblerouse,obfuscate issues,throw political missiles and help the President fight his imaginary enemies

So whenever you hear Analogue politicians like Jonathan Zwingina,one of the arrow-heads of OBJ's 3rd term agenda pontificate about an issue,least of all about the SW just because he lived there and has one or two relationship with the elites there then be sure whatever he says is not borne out of any altrusitic mindset or sincere opinion of an elder but out of the agelong ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER( AGIP) philosophy!
Very well put.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by oluwashaddow(m): 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
this man better be careful, cos dey will be watching him n if d election goes d other way,he may b among victims of post election violence, make he just knw wetin him go say ooo
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Kingspin(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
APC-SOUTHWEST on a massive media propaganda. Wise ones Beware!!
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by MagicBishop: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
I started a thread yesterday here about the possible outcome of a 2015 GEJ victory based on the shaky alliance within the APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/1521709/aftermath-gej-2015-victory

The SW or rather Tinibu and his ACN cohorts should be very careful in their dealings with Buhari and his CPC as the latter group has one ambition only and that is to make Buhari President come 2015.

This ambition I seriously doubt can be achieved since Buhari is not popular in the north among the elites and Christians. Only the almajiri and fanatical Muslims support him. If Buhari is not handed the nomination within the APC , the northern mob will be unleashed by Buhari. Buhari's supporters share the same sour loser personality with their cult Leader whom is yet to condemn, apologize or commiserate with innocent Nigerians who were killed by his rampaging almajiri thugs.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by MayorofLagos(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
sagombugo: Jonathan's Modus Operandi is becoming very clear! And that is to get broke,hungry and relevance-seeking political spent forces who can attack his political enemies and Pronto,you will be rewarded abundantly

Sago,

I like your analysis and I must say honestly that you did well hitting all the points well. In addition to being the most politically sophisticated the Yoruba is also acutely aware of the tiers of power and the role, independently or interchangeably, that they serve in the community.

Afenifere was almost dead, but it rescucitated and the rescue came from DAWN.

At the exit of Awolowo, Abiola stepped in. Abiola was too ambitious and opposed to the Awo doctrines but he wanted to be the new godfather. I dont know how anyone could rule over Yoruba politics and not embrace the gains of AG and UPN..its impossible in the Nigerian political landscape. Awo doctrines are codes and principles designed as a plug-in, an interface, that will allow Yoruba to survive and dominate Nigerian politics. It has worked successfully and is working even as we speak now. Abiola's attempt to walk away from that led to political factions and a big resulting impact on Agbekoya and Afenifere. Afenifere was almost wiped out. The same episode produced OPC.

As at this moment Awo doctrines are the guiding principles in Western politics. DAWN is championed by Afenifere, whose membership are distributed in all the major parties in Yorubaland.

On political matters Yorubas will take orders from ACN (APC is temporary) before they follow Afenifere guidelines. On the other hand on issues of social and community development, we will abandon ACN and listen to Afenifere. In other words, Afenifere is to Oodualand what ACN is to Nigeria.

Yorubas ignored Tinubu and went on to participate in National Dialogue but we also ignored Afenifere and supported Tinubu's merger into APC. Each has its role and we can read it!

Why is Yoruba relaxed on the issue of presidency? The answer is because we have already kick started a pseudo regional government and we know in another election or two the central power will be reduced significantly..in terms of social growth, which is our core and principal interest, we get more from DAWN than we do from Nigeria. We are there now in APC to use our leverage to pilot the destiny of Nigeria.
Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
How old is joathan to be termed as a young president? Of what use is having a young but clueless, bigot, daft and corrupt man as president as against old but clean, experienced, tested and trusted man as our leader? Even against Obj (with his relative achievement as a president and fellow yoruba) i gave my vote to Buhari talkless of jonathan.
Yorubas are politically wise and always look for the best. They tried jonathan and they can attest to d fact that he is a failure. What will he use to campaign in the SW? Majority of yorubas are already tired of jonathan and Buhari will definitely get majority of d votes in d SW if eventually picked by his party. Jonathans team is more weaker in the SW now compared to 2011 and coupled with his failure to perform according to the expectation of the people, d yorubas will def switch to the next available and trusted candidate.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Yoruba Will Shock The North - Senator Zwingina by WarriPikin1: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2013
Kingspin: APC-SOUTHWEST on a massive media propaganda. Wise ones Beware!!

North may strike first and spring a surprise of their own. In Nigeria's political calculations, i fear the north most. They are the shrewdest and wisest.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Police Officer Helping Apga Rig Anambra Election / 10 WAYS TO BREAK APC For GOOD / Meet The Guy Who Will Still Be A Minister In Buhari's Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.