Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,177 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There (61979 Views)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Probz(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

Because he can see the truth, unlike you! By the way, who is a 'yeye' pikin? shocked
You might have a point in this thread but I'm just remembering how much you like to accuse Igbo people of forcing an ethnic identity on unrelated tribes.

Remember you saying I came to face the Igala and dictate to them on that Kogi thread I made? Do you know my grandma's Igala by blood, hm? Or does being Igbo alone mean I'm trying to push an identity on people I supposedly know nada about?
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 18, 2017
SUNNYsparkle:
This does not say anything to the questions I posed. Lagos is a Lagoon and not a lake. Lagos should be a corruption of the word "Isaleko". The Portugese that sailed all the way from Porto through the Atlantic Ocean know the difference between a lake and a lagoon. If you are passing the question on how Igbo of today got their name, then I stand to say that the Igbo of today are similar to the aboriginal Igbo, reason the similarity in the name of the groups, the migratory pattern of other neighbouring groups like Ijo, the aboriginal Igbo dwelled in the forest, the present Igbo still found their way into the forest Eastwards. Why must it be forest they settled? The aboriginal Igbo of Ife had a masked secret society that fights high class wars, the Igbo of today have same masked secret society that engage in fierce wars, in Delta Igbo they are called the Ekumeku and in Eastern Igbo they have different names ranging from Ekpe etc. That the Igbo of today are forest dwellers means that both aboriginal Igbo and present day Igbo livelihood depended on the forests of West Africa as gatherers and hunters, and there were certainly no boundaries then. Thats the reason despite the distance existing between the Yoruba of today and Igbo of today there are still some words that are same between the Yoruba and Igbo of today, and also some towns that sound the same, eg Oka in Ogun waterside/Oka in Ondo - Awka (Oka) in Anambra, Ijebu Ode in Ogun and Ode in Anambra, Ife in Osun and Ife in Imo, Oba in Ondo/Kwara/Kogi and Oba in Anambra, Onicha Ugbo in Delta and Ugbo in Ondo, Ara in Imo and Ara in Kwara etc. in both Languages you have words with same meaning, Orisha in Yoruba and Orisa/Olisa in Igbo, Owu (thread), Mouth (Yoruba - Enu and Igbo - Onu), Masquerade - Egúngún (Yorùbá) and Egwugwu (Igbo), Rat/rodent - Eku (Yorùbá) and Oke (Igbo), Ear - Etí (Yorùbá) and Nti (Igbo), Divination - Ifá (Yorùbá) and Afa (Igbo), House - Ilé (Yorùbá) and Ulọ (Igbo), Elephant - Erin (Yorùbá) and Enyi (Igbo), Nose - Imú (Yorùbá) and Imi (Igbo), Stone - Yoruba: Okuta and Igbo: Okute/Okwute, Amen - Yoruba: Ase and Igbo: Ise, A Twin - Yoruba: Ejire and Igbo: Ejime/Ejima, What - Yoruba: Kini and Igbo: Gini, He/she said - Yoruba: Oso and Igbo: Osi... I wish God will take us back so we can see the past and unravel all these instead of distortions, rivalry and argument. My focus is on the similarities, I am not into politics nor ethnic rivalry as concerns these findings. I am into studies, history and research. All these doesn't make one less Igbo, or less Yoruba. Some Britons migrated from Britany (Britania) in France to the present British Isles where they were fused with the Angles and the Saxtons who migrated from Denmark and Germany respectively and they Became the present day English people who were later assimilated more by the Romans. That is why there are some indigenous words we find in German/English/France. What is hard between this Yoruba and Igbo mystery? Mere looking at the maps of both groups you'll first decode that the Yorubas and the Edos were the expansionists while the Igbo on the other hand look more like the people pressured and are running and conserving on a smaller portion reason for the high population density. Before now Europeans were presenting Ancient Egyptians as Caucasoids but recent findings, logic, common sense and scientific proofs show they were black and dark-skinned Africans like us. Also recent findings proves that Blacks and Dark-Skinned people inhabited ancient Iraq and Iran. There rulers were black negroes who looked same like the Original Afro-Asiatic Hausa people, Ethiopians, Nubians with their wooly hair. There are certainly more to Yoruba-Igbo relationship than the politics and ethnic rivalry that exist between both group. More studies and research should concentrate on these similarities and more scientific history.

Most informative post I have read in a long time on Nairaland, and I'm not exaggerating. The Ugbo, Onicha Ugbo, Ugbodu, Oluyare, Owu, Anioma, Olukwumi sub group of Anioma all share the same Obatala (Obi Osere Igbo) Ife origin thread. These were the Igbos who were in Ife, the Igbos Oduduwa The Great and Princess Moremi had dealings with. I respect these ancient folks, both the ones who are Yoruba today, like the Owu and the Ugbo, and the ones who remain Igbo like the Ugbodu, Ukwunzu, Onitsha Ugbo, and many others spread all over Igbo land (South East and South South). They are a treasure to both Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Probz(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2017
Olukumi's a Yoruba subgroup. Just quit while you're ahead. Don't be saying nonsense.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 18, 2017
Probz:
You might have a point in this thread but I'm just remembering how much you like to accuse Igbo people of forcing an ethnic identity on unrelated tribes.

Remember you saying I came to face the Igala and dictate to them on that Kogi thread I made? Do you know my grandma's Igala by blood, hm? Or does being Igbo alone mean I'm trying to push an identity on people I supposedly know nada about?

Igala na Igbo bu nwanne. Do you know that a large section of Igbos came from Igala. They are called Olu. They were fishermen and over the centuries have mixed successfully with the other Igbos?
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Probz(m): 2:45pm On May 18, 2017
igbodefender:

Igala na Igbo bu nwanne. Do you know that a large section of Igbos came from Igala. They are called Olu. They were fishermen and over the centuries have mixed successfully with the other Igbos?

Igbo bu Igbo, eh. Olukumi's not Igbo. That's the point.

1 Like

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 18, 2017
Probz:
Olukumi's a Yoruba subgroup. Just quit while you're ahead. Don't be saying nonsense.
I have an Olukwumi Aunt. Try telling her she isn't Igbo. Plus no need to add the word 'nonsense' in that post of yours.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by laudate: 2:46pm On May 18, 2017
Probz:

Yes, I have always accused the IPOB-ian Igbo people of forcing their ethnic identity on others. Going by their antecedents on NL, I have no apologies for asking them to stay in their lane. They have opened several threads on such issues. undecided

As for the Igala thread, yes I do not deny asking the Igbo to stop trying to declare to the Igala what their identity was, or what they felt it should be. They have done so in the past, on different threads. undecided I believe it is the indigenes of a place that can state exactly who or what they are, or where their origins emanated from.

A lot of tribes have diverse, multicultural origins, and many of their people like to identify with their diverse origins. Most of the time, it is the Igbo who are not even related to such communities or tribes, that try to foist a mono-cultural identity on these tribes, and get very offended when members of such tribes do not subscribe to their assertions. angry This same attitude was displayed on the Ika, Igboid vs. Anioma thread, too. sad

Oh, please give my regards to your grandma. She must be a great woman.

2 Likes

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 18, 2017
Probz:

Igbo bu Igbo, eh. Olukumi's not Igbo. That's the point.
Why are they deeply ensconed in Igboland? Did they miss their way? I doubt it.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Probz(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2017
igbodefender:
I have an Olukwumi Aunt. Try telling her she isn't Igbo. Plus no need to add the word 'nonsense' in that post of yours.
I hate to be presumptive but that's most likely because she's assimilated and Olukumi by name only. Conc. ndi Olukumi speak a Yoruba language and they're not Igbo.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Probz(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2017
igbodefender:
Why are they deeply ensconed in Igboland? Did they miss their way? I doubt it.
Why are there Ijaw communities in Ondo and ndi Igbo in Benue? Should they ditch their identities for Yoruba and Idoma because they're not the majority in their states?
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:04pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

Why are you offended? Were you not the same person who stated earlier that "I am not in for that ethnic rubbish, loud mouthedness and sacarsim, cos I don't think anyone has monopoly of it." Or have you forgotten? I merely threw your words back at you. So why are you complaining? let me just refresh your memory. Others have cited sources and facts to buttress the fact that the old Ugbo people of Ile-Ife were not the aborigines related to the present day Nd'Igbo of the South-east, but you persist in recycling your own brand of revisionism. sad

My words were not extreme. undecidedI merely returned the favour he had earlier extended to me, by using the same kind of language he had used to respond to my previous post. Obviously, both of you chose to ignore his earlier rants. What can we call that?
Yes I said I am not into the ethnic rivalry rubbish! What is it you have against the statement. Are you this foolish? Where have I gone contrary to my earlier statement? That instead of bringing out a superior study to prove yourself right you resorted to calling me confusionist! Didn't you call me such? And you expect me not to talk straight to you. Get lost if you have nothing meaningful t cntribute to this topic! Nonsense
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:05pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

Yes, I have always accused the IPOB-ian Igbo people of forcing their ethnic identity on others. Going by their antecedents on NL, I have no apologies for asking them to stay in their lane. They have opened several threads on such issues. undecided

As for the Igala thread, yes I do not deny asking the Igbo to stop trying to declare to the Igala what their identity was, or what they felt it should be. They have done so in the past, on different threads. undecided I believe it is the indigenes of a place that can state exactly what they are, or where their origins emanated from.

A lot of tribes have diverse, multicultural origins, and many of their people like to identify with their diverse origins. Most of the time, it is the Igbo who are not even related to such communities or tribes, that try to foist a mono-cultural identity on these tribes, and get very offended when members of such tribes do not subscribe to their assertions. angry This same attitude was displayed on the Ika, Igboid vs. Anioma thread, too. sad

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://oloolutof./2012/08/31/oduduwa-saving-history-from-ethnic-propaganda-chukwu-eke-lagos-nigeria/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiZvv2b5_nTAhWMKVAKHY2vBBQQFggaMAY&usg=AFQjCNHGRlzgmssqmkwh79z5SL6ROJGYHw
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:25pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

As for the Igala thread, yes I do not deny asking the Igbo to stop trying to declare to the Igala what their identity was, or what they felt it should be. They have done so in the past, on different threads. undecided I believe it is the indigenes of a place that can state exactly what they are, or where their origins emanated from.

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/604492/igbos-yorubas-nupe-edo-idoma&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjVjuy-6fnTAhXLLlAKHU3aACIQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNFtizDc0pfBgYJdPJ2avUEONlX6Ng http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/721357/ancestral-dna-results-nigerians&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjVjuy-6fnTAhXLLlAKHU3aACIQFggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNHUeUu1T5u8EPRTfmd3weiBQogIsQ http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.emeagwali.com/photos/yoruba/photo-essay-on-yoruba.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjVjuy-6fnTAhXLLlAKHU3aACIQFggWMAQ&usg=AFQjCNEGKkk9rm7dnmMHXDlY_V3YuIbvng http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.nairaland.com/1496083/igbos-yorubas-cultural-comparison&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiKv9K16vnTAhVEaFAKHateDKIQFggVMAQ&usg=AFQjCNFGZIZZljSUBulsfY2qWRzCQ7SFgg http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://venturesafrica.com/yorubas-are-99-9-genetically-igbo-study/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwil3YHc6vnTAhVHaFAKHVRqDGw4ChAWCBMwAw&usg=AFQjCNFT6etAL-E7qwLqPcGmAO80ipfJPw
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:36pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

I have few questions for you which you have to answer satisfactorily or you keep mute and go and read. Questions: Why is Igbo and Yoruba under the same Kwa Family? What were the criteria used in this classifications? Why wasnt Igbo classified with their closest neighbours Ijaws in the South and CrossRiver in the East, Why with Yoruba? Were the two groups grouped together even without glaring similarities? Was this classification done by specialized anthropologist/ethnographers/scientist or was it done by quacks orally? Has there been any DNA test relating Yoruba-Igbo-Edo? After answering these questions satisfactorily I'm sorry for your outbursts, Truth is bitter they say. Your outbursts have no bases... Only in-built envy... Shake it off and open your eyes to new superior horizons and views. It is not a matter of opening your mouth and talking
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:41pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-greater-igbo-nation-by-ishaq-d-al-sulaimani/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjlgbr28PnTAhXsCcAKHaazBDkQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNFtVZ5RrfYZKjMFLkoC8lk6V9xw9Q
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 5:48pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://venturesafrica.com/yorubas-are-99-9-genetically-igbo-study/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjE06bV8fnTAhXMJcAKHXGsDMEQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNFT6etAL-E7qwLqPcGmAO80ipfJPw http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://newsrescue.com/yoruba-are-99-adangbe-study/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjE06bV8fnTAhXMJcAKHXGsDMEQFggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNHwgjJtFhdFpTEVFIygs4dH3nbdHw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.herald.ng/yoruba-genetically-99-9-percent-igbo-study-reveals/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjE06bV8fnTAhXMJcAKHXGsDMEQFggUMAM&usg=AFQjCNGofLa9ikNVjUWwmszyjrvvZ_dYdQ

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://bmcgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2156-6-38&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjE06bV8fnTAhXMJcAKHXGsDMEQFggXMAQ&usg=AFQjCNENfYYMMjzYzy4k5gfcQjfSm7yG9w

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.ancestry.com/dna/ethnicity/nigeria&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjE06bV8fnTAhXMJcAKHXGsDMEQFggZMAU&usg=AFQjCNG8ou6YWcQQI6FQxkJkHeN07nDX9Q

https://tracingafricanroots./2015/06/03/specifying-the-african-origins-of-the-african-american-genome/
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 6:03pm On May 18, 2017
laudate:

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Egyptian_hypothesis&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQ0gIIDSgAMAA&usg=AFQjCNE6u4h-cZuTzb0YSD1ueIJQ4OC9fw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.lisapoyakama.org/en/the-ancient-egyptians-were-black/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQFggTMAI&usg=AFQjCNEDWXU-Nu33iIDCns2yU3Ad4r1Ilw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.lisapoyakama.org/en/the-ancient-egyptians-were-black/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQFggTMAI&usg=AFQjCNEDWXU-Nu33iIDCns2yU3Ad4r1Ilw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/25/10-arguments-that-proves-ancient-egyptians-were-black/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQFggWMAM&usg=AFQjCNHqO3x_Fsrkku71s1P_JVrsdc39lQ

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dc-wyBXnYgXI&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQtwIIKDAJ&usg=AFQjCNEO-0dkwcMGNNjhN4i5aPG5nGSnRw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0OY3jsaOGAA&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj7o_qm9fnTAhVIZlAKHZZUC984ChC3AggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNGv2V3SDuA1169yVADqtdJDhsJE0g

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXYXE3tnXVKo&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj7o_qm9fnTAhVIZlAKHZZUC984ChC3AggRMAI&usg=AFQjCNGWzDOerfdnO4p8yqDK2jZRct4zQQ

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Elam_Iran_1.htm&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwijvpLa9fnTAhWHJ1AKHS52A8QQFggYMAU&usg=AFQjCNEG9VLtRzqaOmvNAP5IYH4qcIAqgg

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/584849-The-Ancient-Iranians-and-Iraqis-were-black-part-1/page4&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwijvpLa9fnTAhWHJ1AKHS52A8QQFggjMAk&usg=AFQjCNHfmfWxE6EpDH9j7ApmPONb5_TvYA

I studied Human Ecology in Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) - Brussels - Belgium.

Read! And say confusionist
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 6:40pm On May 18, 2017
SUNNYsparkle:
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Egyptian_hypothesis&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQ0gIIDSgAMAA&usg=AFQjCNE6u4h-cZuTzb0YSD1ueIJQ4OC9fw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/10/25/10-arguments-that-proves-ancient-egyptians-were-black/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQFggWMAM&usg=AFQjCNHqO3x_Fsrkku71s1P_JVrsdc39lQ

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dc-wyBXnYgXI&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiPhKev9PnTAhVJZlAKHcgWCAoQtwIIKDAJ&usg=AFQjCNEO-0dkwcMGNNjhN4i5aPG5nGSnRw

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0OY3jsaOGAA&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj7o_qm9fnTAhVIZlAKHZZUC984ChC3AggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNGv2V3SDuA1169yVADqtdJDhsJE0g

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXYXE3tnXVKo&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj7o_qm9fnTAhVIZlAKHZZUC984ChC3AggRMAI&usg=AFQjCNGWzDOerfdnO4p8yqDK2jZRct4zQQ

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Elam_Iran_1.htm&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwijvpLa9fnTAhWHJ1AKHS52A8QQFggYMAU&usg=AFQjCNEG9VLtRzqaOmvNAP5IYH4qcIAqgg

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/584849-The-Ancient-Iranians-and-Iraqis-were-black-part-1/page4&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwijvpLa9fnTAhWHJ1AKHS52A8QQFggjMAk&usg=AFQjCNHfmfWxE6EpDH9j7ApmPONb5_TvYA

I studied Human Ecology in Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) - Brussels - Belgium.

Read! And say confusionist
You will be amazed reading this:“WEST-AFRICAN ORIGIN OF LANGUAGE: THE CASE OF IGBO –
DISCUSSIONS ON A NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE ON THE WEST
AFRICAN ORIGIN OF MODERN LANGUAGES"

Have you seen most of the physical Structure of older Egyptians ?Their noses were always BROKEN OFF, WHY?
The Egyptians may claimed they don't have link with sub-Saharan Africa but they do, even if Islam changed the face of their HISTORY. Though there different Pharaoh that reigned which was due to one conquest or the other but they had link with Sub-Saharan Africa. The ancient Wahibre, One of the Pharaoh .Wahibre Ibiau (throne name: Wahibre ; birth name: Ibiau) was an Egyptian king of the 13th Dynasty , who reigned c. 1670 BC for 10 years 8 months and 29 days according to the Turin King List .However, from the period of Babylonians,Greeks ,Romans and Islamists, Egypt went through a lot which made them have diverse origin. According to the project's calculations, the majority of Egyptian DNA is comprised of 68% North African genes. However, Egyptians DNA makeup also shows that 3% originates from Southern Europe, 3% from Asia Minor, 3% from Eastern Africa, and 4% from the Jewish Diaspora. What is most staggering about the report is that nationals of the "Arab Republic of Egypt" are only 17% Arab.

1 Like

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 7:11pm On May 18, 2017
Olu317:
You will be amazed reading this:“WEST-AFRICAN ORIGIN OF LANGUAGE: THE CASE OF IGBO –
DISCUSSIONS ON A NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE ON THE WEST
AFRICAN ORIGIN OF MODERN LANGUAGES"

Have you seen most of the physical Structure of older Egyptians ?Their noses were always BROKEN OFF, WHY?
The Egyptians may claimed they don't have link with sub-Saharan Africa but they do, even if Islam changed the face of their HISTORY. Though there different Pharaoh that reigned which was due to one conquest or the other but they had link with Sub-Saharan Africa. The ancient Wahibre, One of the Pharaoh .Wahibre Ibiau (throne name: Wahibre ; birth name: Ibiau) was an Egyptian king of the 13th Dynasty , who reigned c. 1670 BC for 10 years 8 months and 29 days according to the Turin King List .However, from the period of Babylonians,Greeks ,Romans and Islamists, Egypt went through a lot which made them have diverse origin. According to the project's calculations, the majority of Egyptian DNA is comprised of 68% North African genes. However, Egyptians DNA makeup also shows that 3% originates from Southern Europe, 3% from Asia Minor, 3% from Eastern Africa, and 4% from the Jewish Diaspora. What is most staggering about the report is that nationals of the "Arab Republic of Egypt" are only 17% Arab.
Olu... I like your contributions. I will sure read this and learn more even. Thanks Bro
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 9:56pm On May 18, 2017
SUNNYsparkle:
Olu... I like your contributions. I will sure read this and learn more even. Thanks Bro
Thank you too for the compliment.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 9:59pm On May 18, 2017
SUNNYsparkle:
Thank you too for the compliment. We are trying to establish fact ranging from oral historical account, Art, ethnography, Archaeological finding etc and linking it up more with DNA.

1 Like

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by AworiLagosian: 11:19pm On May 18, 2017
Igbo and Yoruba language can never be under the same Language family.

They are too different to be in the same family. Have you ever heard people speaking Igbo, especially those Abia people? na die compare to Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by ewa26: 12:34am On May 19, 2017
guys my jollof rice and Sunday stew with onugbu and tomato ketchup is sweet ok

give you Sunday stew the chance to taste as delicious as poss and put d banga,ogiree and birraleaf ok, that the way my mum tot me and it give that otenic delta igbo taste
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 8:26am On May 19, 2017
AworiLagosian:

They are too different to be in the same family. Have you ever heard people speaking Igbo, especially those Abia people? na die compare to Yoruba.
Yes it could be as a result of mixture of population, interaction and nearness of Eastern and North Eastern Igbo with Cross River and Kwa - Ibo people. By the way some lands in those areas were inhabited by the Ibibio and Cross River people before some of them were displaced by the Igbo living there today. A typical example is Arochukwu and Onicha Ngwa. Also along the line there were migrations from Cross River and Rivers into North Eastern and Eastern Igbo land. Typical Example being Ohafia, Abiriba, Abam, Igbere, Okpoto, Effium, Ntezi, Edda who also mixed with the people they met their and developed into what they are today.

1 Like

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 12:19pm On May 19, 2017
AworiLagosian:

It is really disheartening seeing this bitter truth when in fact, Yoruba have language similarities with Egypt as well as Israel. Hausa is classified as Afro Asiatic while Yoruba is classified as Niger—Congo when in fact is shouldn't be.
In linguistics , a noun class is a particular category of nouns . A noun may belong to a given class because of the characteristic features of its referent, such as sex, animacy, shape, but counting a given noun among nouns of such or another class is often clearly conventional. Some authors use the term " grammatical gender " as a synonym of "noun class", but others use different definitions for each. Imagine the classification with
Yoruba , Igbo , Fula , Shona and Zulu . How on earth will they classify Yoruba with the after mentioned tribes?
Yoruba have words related to Egypt and Hebrew
“B" is to rise in ancient Egypt and in Yoruba is bring forth.
Hebrew
Aya for bird is Éyé in Yoruba
Elija is the Lord is the Lord is my God and in Yoruba Éleda(that dwell in one's head) is My God
Ba'al is owner of a place as well as father And in Yoruba Baalè/Baalé is father(husband)as well as lord over a place /overseer
Eliasa is God has created while in Yoruba Ela(roo-waa-aaa) was the first created by Eledumare (God)

Whatever, cretaria that was used must be archaic

Which among the grouped people with Yoruba do share 40% of following same meaning with Yoruba language

African Star Apple is Agbalumo
Ground Hornbill is Akalamagbo
Eagle is Idi
Pouched Rat is Okete
African Teak Tree is Iroko
Grasshopper is Abutata
Bumblebee is Alabonbon
Mosquito Larva is Tanwiji
Parrot is Odidere
Tangerine is Ahoboro
Chameleon is Oga
Guinea Pig is Emo
Lawyer is Amofin
Television is Amohunmaworan
Gecko is Omonile
Dwarf is Arara
Sand is Iyepe
Chair is Aga
Gourd is Akeregbe
Trumpet is Kaakaki
Milk is Wara
Bald-head is Apari
Cassava is Ege
Roof is Orule
Lightning is Monamona
Squirrel is Okere
Lantern is Atupa
Mountain is Oke
Sky is Oju-Orun
Gorilla is Inaki
Herbalist is Alagbo
Mud is Erofo
Pot is Ikoko
Palmwine is Emu
Freshwater snail is Isawuru
Python is Ere
Handshake is I’bowo
Mirror is Jigi
Cowrie is Owo-eyo
Garlic is Aayu
Jewellery is Eso
Mouse is Eku
Catfish is Aro
Toad is Akere
Tiger is Ekun
Walnut is Asala
Tortoise is Alabahun
Road is Ona
Potato is Odunku
Star is Irawo
Pin is Okinni
Tamarind is Awin
Flower is Ododo
Lobster is Okasa
Ladder is Akaba
Canoe is Oko-Ojuomi
Rabbit is Ehoro
Anthill is Okiti-Ogan
Owl is Owiwi
Cloud is Ofurufu
Scorpion is Akeeke
Tilapia is Epiya

It is just one of the area linguist need look into
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by RedboneSmith(m): 12:38pm On May 19, 2017
You people can either choose to remain ignorant about the state of African linguistics, or you can dare to be informed and read serious linguistics studies done by linguists who know their stuff (not starry-eyed Middle-Easterner wannabes.)

If you choose to be informed, you can start with obtaining this book written with non-linguistics experts in mind:

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=OiynbBvMblcC&pg=PA201&lpg=PA201&dq=Bolaji+Aremo+How+Igbo+and+Yoruba&source=bl&ots=m65orhajhx&sig=YJRhHqRtI0m7ecAmyqdRuWoHwLo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiivKGY7vvTAhUJfxoKHQC2C0YQ6AEIMTAO#v=onepage&q=Bolaji Aremo How Igbo and Yoruba&f=false
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 4:07pm On May 19, 2017
RedboneSmith:
You people can either choose to remain ignorant about the state of African linguistics, or you can dare to be informed and read serious linguistics studies done by linguists who know their stuff (not starry-eyed Middle-Easterner wannabes.)

If you choose to be informed, you can start with obtaining this book written with non-linguistics experts in mind:

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=OiynbBvMblcC&pg=PA201&lpg=PA201&dq=Bolaji+Aremo+How+Igbo+and+Yoruba&source=bl&ots=m65orhajhx&sig=YJRhHqRtI0m7ecAmyqdRuWoHwLo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiivKGY7vvTAhUJfxoKHQC2C0YQ6AEIMTAO#v=onepage&q=Bolaji Aremo How Igbo and Yoruba&f=false
If you think someone like me is attached to Hebrews language. I guess it is because of my own ancestors. You seems to have taken a swipe at me. Naturally, I don't like engaging Yorubas on this platform because it will get messy. Now, the link you gave, is of course a known author but he LIED. Here are list of few of Ibos words of

EGYPTIAN WORDS OF IGBO ORIGIN

Ptah, means in Egyptian, ‘He who fashions things by carving and opening up”. VS The Igbo original of this word is Okpu-atu (meaning ‘He who moulds/fashions things by carving and opening up’
Ptah’s son was called Ra , meaning ‘Sun/Daylight’.VS It’s Igbo original was Ora (which in Afa – the cult language of Igbo native priests, also meant ‘Sun/daylight’).
Ra was called Osiris by the Greeks and Asar by the Egyptians. Osiris’ was associated with the number ‘seven’. No one knows the meaning of his name in Egypt . VS Igbo language Asaa means ‘seven’!

NONE OF THESE WORDS EXIST IN YORUBA LAND IN ACCORDANCE TO SIMILAR MEANING
The whole world at one time were together. So, it's ideally, to note that the names ascribed to God between Hebrew were largely the same with GOD with Yoruba ‘EL'=Eledumare /Eledua
OLORUN=ELYION(pronunciation changed at one time or the other)

Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 7:00pm On May 19, 2017
Olu317:
It is really disheartening seeing this bitter truth when in fact, Yoruba have language similarities with Egypt as well as Israel. Hausa is classified as Afro Asiatic while Yoruba is classified as Niger—Congo when in fact is shouldn't be.
In linguistics , a noun class is a particular category of nouns . A noun may belong to a given class because of the characteristic features of its referent, such as sex, animacy, shape, but counting a given noun among nouns of such or another class is often clearly conventional. Some authors use the term " grammatical gender " as a synonym of "noun class", but others use different definitions for each. Imagine the classification with
Yoruba , Igbo , Fula , Shona and Zulu . How on earth will they classify Yoruba with the after mentioned tribes?
Yoruba have words related to Egypt and Hebrew
“B" is to rise in ancient Egypt and in Yoruba is bring forth.
Hebrew
Aya for bird is Éyé in Yoruba
Elija is the Lord is the Lord is my God and in Yoruba Éleda(that dwell in one's head) is My God
Ba'al is owner of a place as well as father And in Yoruba Baalè/Baalé is father(husband)as well as lord over a place /overseer
Eliasa is God has created while in Yoruba Ela(roo-waa-aaa) was the first created by Eledumare (God)

Whatever, cretaria that was used must be archaic

Which among the grouped people with Yoruba do share 40% of following same meaning with Yoruba language

African Star Apple is Agbalumo
Ground Hornbill is Akalamagbo
Eagle is Idi
Pouched Rat is Okete
African Teak Tree is Iroko
Grasshopper is Abutata
Bumblebee is Alabonbon
Mosquito Larva is Tanwiji
Parrot is Odidere
Tangerine is Ahoboro
Chameleon is Oga
Guinea Pig is Emo
Lawyer is Amofin
Television is Amohunmaworan
Gecko is Omonile
Dwarf is Arara
Sand is Iyepe
Chair is Aga
Gourd is Akeregbe
Trumpet is Kaakaki
Milk is Wara
Bald-head is Apari
Cassava is Ege
Roof is Orule
Lightning is Monamona
Squirrel is Okere
Lantern is Atupa
Mountain is Oke
Sky is Oju-Orun
Gorilla is Inaki
Herbalist is Alagbo
Mud is Erofo
Pot is Ikoko
Palmwine is Emu
Freshwater snail is Isawuru
Python is Ere
Handshake is I’bowo
Mirror is Jigi
Cowrie is Owo-eyo
Garlic is Aayu
Jewellery is Eso
Mouse is Eku
Catfish is Aro
Toad is Akere
Tiger is Ekun
Walnut is Asala
Tortoise is Alabahun
Road is Ona
Potato is Odunku
Star is Irawo
Pin is Okinni
Tamarind is Awin
Flower is Ododo
Lobster is Okasa
Ladder is Akaba
Canoe is Oko-Ojuomi
Rabbit is Ehoro
Anthill is Okiti-Ogan
Owl is Owiwi
Cloud is Ofurufu
Scorpion is Akeeke
Tilapia is Epiya

It is just one of the area linguist need look into
Unfortunately some of the words, I dont know their Igbo names, but Rat - Oke, Cocoyam instead of cassava is Ede, Lightening is Amuma, Python is Eke, Frog instead of Toad is Akiri, Tiger instead of Ekun is Agu, Owl is Ikwikwi, Cloud I think in my own local dialect is Orukputu... I don't know what they might be in other dialects and Perhabs the central Igbo names of them. However have you check parts of the body and see the similarities there. Aleast those ones are static words. I can list so many words in Igbo that are not similar to Yoruba. So, what do we say about the similar ones? That they are just coincidence? One thing I know and I've read is the Yoruba language and Igala langauge also sound similar too. And everybody knows that Igala is related to Igbo. Both groups (Igbo and Igala) claim they begot each other. So many stories and theories
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by Olu317(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2017
SUNNYsparkle:
Unfortunately some of the words, I dont know their Igbo names, but Rat - Oke, Cocoyam instead of cassava is Ede, Lightening is Amuma, Python is Eke, Frog instead of Toad is Akiri, Tiger instead of Ekun is Agu, Owl is Ikwikwi, Cloud I think in my own local dialect is Orukputu... I don't know what they might be in other dialects and Perhabs the central Igbo names of them. However have you check parts of the body and see the similarities there. Aleast those ones are static words. I can list so many words in Igbo that are not similar to Yoruba. So, what do we say about the similar ones? That they are just coincidence? One thing I know and I've read is the Yoruba language and Igala langauge also sound similar too. And everybody knows that Igala is related to Igbo. Both groups (Igbo and Igala) claim they begot each other. So many stories and theories
Just as word are borrowed during Language development,certain words that seem related are borrowed from one region to the other . Ancient Yoruba language are descriptive in nature. And these can be attested to as result of language development. IFA in Yoruba is AFA in Ibo. Does it not show one borrow from another? Despite the borrowing, there are certain characteristics at which language can be classified as related. Igala has traces of Yoruba language with 60+% . Still, it is not classified as YORUBA LANGUAGE because it needs to be up to 70% before it grouped as YORUBA LANGUAGE. Yoruba borrowed words and don't deny it. Either from Northern part or outside . And in all these borrowing of language, Yoruba did developed a city that was known by some many but couldn't be reached because of the location in the deep forested area we were located.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by AworiLagosian: 10:12pm On May 19, 2017
Olu317:

Guy, Yoruba word for cloud is Ikuuku , not Ofurufu.
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by SUNNYsparkle: 11:17pm On May 19, 2017
Olu317:
Just as word are borrowed during Language development,certain words that seem related are borrowed from one region to the other . Ancient Yoruba language are descriptive in nature. And these can be attested to as result of language development. IFA in Yoruba is AFA in Ibo. Does it not show one borrow from another? Despite the borrowing, there are certain characteristics at which language can be classified as related. Igala has traces of Yoruba language with 60+% . Still, it is not classified as YORUBA LANGUAGE because it needs to be up to 70% before it grouped as YORUBA LANGUAGE. Yoruba borrowed words and don't deny it. Either from Northern part or outside . And in all these borrowing of language, Yoruba did developed a city that was known by some many but couldn't be reached because of the location in the deep forested area we were located.
So where we dey borrow the words? So is it possible that only Yoruba words were convenient for Igbo to borrow. How come Igbo didn't borrow such words from their immediate Cross River, Ibibio neighbors?
Re: The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There by delpee(f): 11:20pm On May 19, 2017
AworiLagosian:

Guy, Yoruba word for cloud is Ikuuku , not Ofurufu.

Ofurufu means space....empty space high in the air.

Interesting topic!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.