Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,782 members, 7,798,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters (54781 Views)

VIDEO: Ese Oruru Resisting Policemen, In Kano -Premium Times / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Former ASUU President Festus Iyayi Was Murdered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
May God bless you. What SR does is investigative journalism. We now know those who kicked against the FoI.
no bros. what sr does is sensationalism. SR heard a rumor from unknown source and rush to publish it. not a single person on that bus was contacted to found out what happen. not even the woman that sat close to the prof.

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by sisiafrika(f): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: come..why u digressing?? Is dat d issue on ground now??
et people know whats up in d state!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by debbleopto: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Revolva:

look you are ignorant and a fustrated cow.....how dare you insult the igala tribe.. a tribe historically the greatest around the middle belt..go check the igala history and you see that igalas fought the benin kingdom and won and evenm the jukun kingdom and won..its the igalas that gave freedom to the voilence ebiras.. and their truest son idomas...ok and up till today no igalas have been represented well in federal character..how many igalas do you see as minister if we are not been marginalised.. and you are here shouting kogi state is cursed..you are the cursed one...how can a minority who has a very voilence records .ebiras..rule over a majority..so you expect an igalan to vote for an ebira during election....umm na dreamland you dey...even the very minority bassa n yorubas -okun..will everly vote for an igala to be governor..ok....get it right...igalas are one of the most peaceful people..in nigeria

but the majority in Nigeria voted the minority (Jonathan ). Your being majority doesn't mean you should oppress the minority. #black people with black mind #

1 Like

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Sermwell(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2013
eluquenson:

I have been involved in accident before, i mean fatal accident. you cannot recount what happened afterwards, you just only know the initial occurrence and you never can tell what happened during the incident, i see so many people criticize without any further source to counter the so called fake news, we only attribute it to tribalism & whatsoever.
Please, reason before you criticize & stop being half-witted, i don't work for SR, i only read their articles and other media articles online .
my take is that there was no gun shot and there was no even reason for it! This is another junk journalism from SR! You should as a rational being ask yourself vital questions before jumping into conclusion! please don't always swallow whatever you read online hook,line and sinker! Haba!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by lazyboy94(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2013
So wetin u come dey talk
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Livinusc(m): 9:02am On Nov 20, 2013
So many circumstances surrounding dis cases,,,.Odikwa Behuuge oooo.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Cabsso(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2013
smileoly: una wan turn this matter into assassination and conc. politics
Anoda wahala for student
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by djSkukie(m): 9:07am On Nov 20, 2013
This is so absurd. Gunshot? Hmm..... Let's see how it turns down on dis 4 nd half month ongoing ASUU strike.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by igala1(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2013
indrija: well said

These crop of leaders are making Prince Audu's tenure look golden. We deserve what we get. But please corruption and lack of leadership should never be ascribed to any particular tribe since we are all united in corruption. I'm proudly Igala.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by LouisThoru(f): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2013
LOL. They shot him and the accident happened, or the accident happened and then they shot him?

They knew he was coming in the bus in the opposite direction, so they shot at him and then the accident happened?

SaharaReporters. A Geography man turned journalist.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by fender(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Un/misINFORMATION
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by eluquenson(m): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2013
Sermwell: my take is that there was no gun shot and there was no even reason for it! This is another junk journalism from SR! You should as a rational being ask yourself vital questions before jumping into conclusion! please don't always swallow whatever you read online hook,line and sinker! Haba!

So whenever we read online news, we should go to the venue so as to confirm if fake or real.
My question to you is have you seen your God? But yet you believe in him, so let's close the chapter.
My candid advice to you is don't always criticize any news whatsoever, you can as well don't comment.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Grendel(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2013
It's OK angry Igala and Co
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Ferrari1014kip: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2013
tbagjames: maybe the policeman has a son in the university too and he might have heard that Iyayi was resolute and bent on not calling off the strike
abi ...wetin dem say make we think ni.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by AmeLonRo(m): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Why on earth will the killers want him dead if this is true?
I see no reason why.
Just my logic?
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by samsy5460(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah: But an autopsy will put paid to all these speculations.

Ehh...nigerian auto..ki..na..do, oops...autipsy by nigerian doctor$...you, now are kidding me. Arrrh!!!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by IykeChukz(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
This Country is yet to be defined. Governor's Convoy? Chineeeeke!
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Dubemkelly(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Some stories could make one steam in anger n get more confused that he or she had ever thot of...TTYL! I perish
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by simplyOJ(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2013
collynzo2: The survivors should tell us the story.
simple! All these here and there talk results to nothing. There are survivors! Jeez.
Re: Festus Iyayi Was Shot By Policemen In Kogi's Governor Convoy - SaharaReporters by Salz: 9:29am On Nov 20, 2013
I believe some nairalanders comment on issues from emotional standpoint. This may mot always be right. First, we need to read this particular news item with unbiased mind. SR cannot be said to have reported a sham. It said the piece of ino came from an anonymous tipster, while stating it was unconfirmed.
Second, in read in a report elsewhere where a doctor said something pierced through his heart. The question is: what is that thing? Why did the doc stop shot saying what that 'something' ?
Third, if the doc isn't a pathologist, he couldn't have confirmed the real cause of the death or if Prof Iyayi suffered a fatal trauma to his heart. And if the doc performed an autopsy, why did he not say what actually went through his heart?
Fourth, before we conclude the strike is political, have we asked a genuine question: did the government. Have an agreement with the lecturers or not? Has the government honoured the agreement? Moreover, don't you think ASUU has gone on a longer strike than this?
Anyways, I pray this madness ends soon so I can return to my research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PHOTOS: El-rufai ‘becomes Lecturer’ / Drone Shots Of PDP Governorship Grand Finale Mega Rally In Osogbo (Photos) / Results From FCT Council Election Indicate PDP In Clear Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.