Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30434 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2013
@some username, do you know anything about skolkovo institute of technology (skoltech)?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Ngasky(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2013
crisycent: Why does Vladimir Putin act like a goat? Why does he think like he lives in another planet? Why does he want people to see him as a "macho man"? Why does he hate being criticized?
thats for putin to answer.
Why is your president so ugly and incapable of achieving anything in gov.? Or why is hippopatient's english grammer so poor?

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2013
Ngasky:
thats for putin to answer.
Why is your president so ugly and incapable of achieving anything in gov.? Or why is hippopatient's english grammer so poor?
exactly!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Where is the Russian chap?..I guess you guys chased him away with some silly comments while some of us here were actually enjoying what he was doing...he had to ditch you guys because most if you were trashing his english and stuff...but I bet you guys can't even say ur sex in Russian lang...SMH for US.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2013
SimonAndal:
I really love the OP's sense of humour.
lol aswear, despite all the attacks. And the bros is just 22.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2013
bootlegaz: Nigerians continue to exhibit stupidity. The young Russian lad kept his cool while some Nigerians act like silver back gorillas in a Banana Plantation.
I thought I was the only one noticing all our racist bs
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2013
some username: Holy shit, this thread has doubled in size overnight. What's happened?
it was moved to the front page(headlines). Congrats.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 9:49am On Dec 02, 2013
tellwsdom: Op, who are you and why would you want to lecture us on Russia??

Is there African dish in Russia??

An average russian guy. Except that I know english quite well. Learned it during several summer school holidays spent playing on european servers in various games. Dunno, started thread out of boredom.

Maybe, I don't know. Unlikely.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2013
Conner44:

Why is it that you people always have strong face . . . As in always 'bonin' like this angry
Because its a default expression. Smiling requires a reason.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by UjSizzle(f): 10:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Interesting read cheesy

Your English is really good OP and i'm enjoying your response smiley
I'd love to visit Russia some day, but it seems it's always cold(at least all your movies imply so). Does it ever get warm? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?
From the knowledge that the average Russian knows English even worse than me.
Jade William:
U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?
I think that I know what I am majoring in, russian language and what's going on in this country better than 90% of Nigerians, even better than 90% of all world's population if you want.
Jade William:
Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I know, when I re-read my posts I can usually myself notice several mistakes, like lack of 's' in the end of verbs where they are needed or improper irregular verb past tense usage. English punctuation isn't studied here at all, most of the time we spend learning how to use different tenses and enlarging vocabulary. Still, I know enough to write about whatever I want and you can understand me without much effort required, can't you?

4 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by vislabraye(m): 10:05am On Dec 02, 2013
Russians are always not comfortable with the West especially USA. If US stands for one thing, Russia will do the opposite.

Does it have something to do with the cold war ? Will US and Russia ever get along ?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
50calibre:

My dear Russian, you may not know this, but the highlighted is an insult not just to the people on this forum, but to Nigerians as a whole.

There are people on this forum who know so much about your beloved Russia.

Please refrain from making assumptions like this, it could be misinterpreted.

"Here" means Russia. Anyway, I think only several thousands of people know what has really happened in Moscow, like high government officials and intelligence officers from various countries. Rest of the world population knows nothing about who those mysterious snipers were or why did Gorbachev act like that, we can make assumptions but we cannot know for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2013
tjfulloption: why is the russian govt backing or protecting of the Asad govt in a deadly chemical attack on her citiziens when the obama administartion and others was considering a military strick in syria?
First of all, its not completely clear whether Assad really did that attack. US hasn't provided evidence so far despite talking a lot about having it. There are sings that it may have been really used by Assad's army generals without orders from Assad, but there has been overwhelming evidence that rebels themselves use chemical weapons (like capture of several rebels with chemical weapons in Turkey town bordering Syria).
Anyway, I think our government doesn't really care about who stays in power and how many syrians die in the war if we can get our pipeline there and not let Saudis build their pipeline to Europe. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/aug/30/syria-chemical-attack-war-intervention-oil-gas-energy-pipelines
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 10:16am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:
Well, old name for easter slavic state was «Rus» pronounced kinda like «Roos'». That name somehow evolved into our modern name «Rossiya». How did Englishmen manage to get our name wrong is unknown to me though I suspect it was because of some wrong spelling of Rossiya somewhere in middle ages by some european traveller or maybe because they heard that name from Germans who heard it from Poles who heard it firsthand. At least «Russia» resembles «Rossiya» somewhat, for example Chinese call China «Zhongguo» and themselves «Zhongguoren» which doesn't resemble «China» and «Chinese» even remotely.
China/Chinese derives from the Xin (Chin) dynasty.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by MAYOWAAK: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2013
holysmoke: Op I've enjoyed this thread. I get the impression that your knowledge of your country is higher than that of the average Russian.

I'd like to ask, are you familiar with the works of Alexander Solthzenitsyn (pardon me, not sure if I got the spelling right). He was a distinguished Russian scholar. In the hey days of communism as a child he remembered listening to his parents,grandparents & others sitting down discussing in hushed tones. They asked themselves," why is the government so cruel, why do they punish their citizens, why, why, why..." You know what the answer was at the end of every one of such deliberations? It was the same and it went thus... " It is because we have forgotten God".

You see,folks in your country who were old enough then and had experienced genuine religion earlier on in life witnessed the change that occurred in your country and could testify that Godlessness had made a mess of the social fabric of your country.

You may not understand what I'm telling you now if you're an atheist/agnostic with no familial religious bent, but do try to check it out.
The bottom line is Russia needs God in the person of His.son Jesus Christ, and dearly too... (well who doesn't).

As an aside, I commend your society for resisting the Western European onslaught of liberalism, gay rights and all the other nonsense. You must not relent in your efforts.

Finally are you people scared of the rising wave of Islam. Are you aware of the mohammedian agenda to take over the world? It's a good thing your immigration policy has not been favourable to the Islamization of your country. Now with England gradually caving in to Islam, France tottering on the edge and the rest of Western Europe in peril , are your people afraid? How much longer do you think you can hold out? Because the truth is with the way things are going now, unless something gives, much of Europe will be conquered in less than 2 generations.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn gave the world,the word GULAG which he coined in his novel,GULAG ARCHIPELAGO which earned the 1970 Nobel Prize in Literature.

Religion is man made.Consequently,no religion is superior to another.Russia does not need the acceptance of a mythical figure to be a world power!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 02, 2013
@Post welcome back. feeling you big-time
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2013
babseg: Some username, how did you get to know about nairaland

Someone posted link to it on our forum.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by kid7soccer(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2013
Eyo op(RUS) welcome to nairaland. Thanks for starting this topic and also for telling us more about your country. Make yourself comfortable, look around the site so you can also learn about us too.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by babseg(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:

Alright
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by husu(m): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:

Do you know nairaland is for Nigerians? Do you like Nigeria? do you feel like coming to Nigeria? If you can come to Nigeria, I will host you.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by MAYOWAAK: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2013
Nicholas II was the last Tsar/Czar of Russia before he was gruesomely executed along with members of his immediate family on 17th July 1918 by the Bolshevik forces.At the time of his death his net worth was $900 million, which is the inflation adjusted equivalent to $300 billion in 2013 dollars, thus making him one of the richest monarchs in human history.

What were the sources of his gargantuan wealth?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by tellwsdom: 10:35am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:

An average russian guy. Except that I know english quite well. Learned it during several summer school holidays spent playing on european servers in various games. Dunno, started thread out of boredom.

Maybe, I don't know. Unlikely.

Are you kiddin me?? sad
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by olupentane(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2013
what course are you studying in university?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:

and the name of the forum is?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2013
husu:

Do you know nairaland is for Nigerians? Do you like Nigeria? do you feel like coming to Nigeria? If you can come to Nigeria, I will host you.
So you go kidnap ba? grin, sharp guy

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2013
holysmoke: Op I've enjoyed this thread. I get the impression that your knowledge of your country is higher than that of the average Russian.

I'd like to ask, are you familiar with the works of Alexander Solthzenitsyn (pardon me, not sure if I got the spelling right). He was a distinguished Russian scholar. In the hey days of communism as a child he remembered listening to his parents,grandparents & others sitting down discussing in hushed tones. They asked themselves," why is the government so cruel, why do they punish their citizens, why, why, why..." You know what the answer was at the end of every one of such deliberations? It was the same and it went thus... " It is because we have forgotten God".

You see,folks in your country who were old enough then and had experienced genuine religion earlier on in life witnessed the change that occurred in your country and could testify that Godlessness had made a mess of the social fabric of your country.

You may not understand what I'm telling you now if you're an atheist/agnostic with no familial religious bent, but do try to check it out.
The bottom line is Russia needs God in the person of His.son Jesus Christ, and dearly too... (well who doesn't).

As an aside, I commend your society for resisting the Western European onslaught of liberalism, gay rights and all the other nonsense. You must not relent in your efforts.

Finally are you people scared of the rising wave of Islam. Are you aware of the mohammedian agenda to take over the world? It's a good thing your immigration policy has not been favourable to the Islamization of your country. Now with England gradually caving in to Islam, France tottering on the edge and the rest of Western Europe in peril , are your people afraid? How much longer do you think you can hold out? Because the truth is with the way things are going now, unless something gives, much of Europe will be conquered in less than 2 generations.
LOL. If you have any semblance of logical reasoning, you would see the obvious contradiction in that Nigeria that is probably the most religious country in the world is far worse off than Russia.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Chanchit: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are very steewpeed for typing this poo. Can you communicate in russian..? Hediot.
@Username, pls dnt mind this he-goat, we have too many of them on Nairaland.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Pectoris(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2013
[quote]@OP You are doing a good job. Thanks. I lived and studied in Belarus for seven years, I travelled to Moscow by train twice or more a year to see my friends. Russians, especially the belarussians are so friendly and caring. The only problem a foreigner will face is the Russian language as most of them cannot communicate in English. I had to study the language for a year before enrolling into a medical university. Everything was easy when I could speak and write in Russian language. The fun was at d market when those market women would want a foreigner to buy from them. Once u can speak the language u don't have any problem, u'll be accepted as one of them. They have the most beautiful girls in the world. grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2013
naijaspeak: Why is Russia standing on the way of Ukraine joining the European Union?

Well, we are almost the same nation, we have very close languages and we share a common history. We'd like to get Ukraine back but actually we won't resist if they go to EU.

What news are talking about as pressure on Ukraine consists mostly of the trade agreements Russia will have to cancel with Ukraine and facts our politicians present them based on agreements they want to sign.

Right now there are several benefits Ukraine gains from Russia - like cheap gas they get as a CIS member, quotas on metal products (60% of their exports https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ukraine_Export_Treemap.png ) we force our businesses to buy from Ukraine and low trade taxes between Ukraine and other CIS members. If Ukraine will sign European association agreement we will have to expel them from CIS - simply because otherwise tax-free goods from EU will flood our markets through Ukraine. Ukrainian metal isn't of high quality and the only reason our industry buys it is because of quotas and small cost - if taxes will be raised nobody here will buy it anymore, and since Russia buys about 30% of their exports that means they lose a huge chunk of their economy. But that's not even the main reason to worry about.

The biggest problem of Ukraine is that their economy is almost dead, their own production is being replaced by EU imports even now and they have a huge trade deficit. Ukraine has crippling debt and if they don't get more loans very soon they won't have other choice as to default. That's why Ukraine demanded 160 bln$ credit to sign the agreement while EU wants them to sign it for free because they need money for themselves. Also read this http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/09/23/ukrainian-integration-with-the-european-union-economic-convergence-or-economic-collapse/

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2013
ayyoshert: Want to know if present day Russians are really descendants of the ancient warrior tribe the HUNS and also if my perception that an average russian is taller and stronger than other Europeans true.

No, slavs have nothing to do with Huns. Also the tallest Europeans are Dutch. Don't know about strength, but I think the average russian is the same as an average pole. You probably watched too many Hollywood cold-war era movies.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by rash47(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2013
Mr user, pls tell us ur real name and are u sure u r 22 yrs of age?

Why is it dat russia don't produce luxury goods?

Is yeltsin and gorbachev still alive?

Why did u guys allow d german's to advance in to stalingrad (the then capital if am correct) without any defence and killing 1.5 million of ur countrymen within a few days?

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Russia Expels Diplomats From 23 Countries As Spy Row Deepens / Robot Co-Hosts Census Ceremony Alongside South African President (Photos) / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.