Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Share Your Child Birth Experience - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Child Birth Experience (24036 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by k4kenny(f): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
Interesting stories. From most post I've read, one thing stood out for me; the fact that most, if not all ladies hate the finger poking procedure. It was cos of this that my doctor manipulated me into having a cs even though everything was perfectly ok.

I went for my antenatal at about 39 weeks and the doctor told me he had to do a routine pelvic check. I was very squirmish when he inserted the finger, though I didn't scream. He then proceeded to tell me to consider a cs as I was very uncomfortable with this simple procedure, how then would I push out a whole human being. He made it sound as if ALL women sit bravely through the finger poking and my reaction was completely abnormal. As a young first time mum, with an equally nervous husband, we had to comply with the doctor and go with cs.

We left for the hospital very early saturday morning. On getting there, I spoke with another doctor who asked why I'm going for cs, I wasn't due for a week, my baby was cephalic, placenta was at the right place, BP normal. I just replied it was my choice, too embarrassed to talk about d poking stuff. He kinda tried to discourage me from having the cs but we've already made up our minds.

Though we left home before dawn, I didn't get to do the cs till about 4pm. They had other emergency cs that day. The wait was hell for me, I was so nervous. By 4.30pm, my little prince was born big and healthy cheesy. The ensuing PAIN is another story on its own.

Sometimes I get angry when I think of the way the doc talked me into having the cs (knowing my HMO will surely foot the bill wink ), but seeing my lil baby grow into a d fine young boy he is right now, I always give thanks to God and I'll surely do it again smiley

Wow! Long epistle. Will be back for baby number 2 soon........

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Your doctor is such a sly devil!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Teenaba(f): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmm. My pregnancy was stressfree. I gave birth on a monday morning. On the Sunday afternoon that preceeded monday, I carried out a whole lot of activities that day. Even had sex that night with my hubby. Contractions woke me up rudely by 3am. Was pacing in the sittingroom. Hubby kept saying sorry. By 5am I went to pee and saw blood. Called my mum and asked her to start coming over to Abuja. By that time the contractions had got to my waist. Wasn't shouting. Just pacing and hitting the wall. Hubby had arranged water for my bath. I even managed to shave, wore a dress and entered the car. Hubby took my already packed bag into the car and drove off. When we got to the hospital by past 7 I was checked and had dilated 6cm. Was told that I was doing very well for a first pregnancy. Was checked 30 mins later and was fully dilated;10cm. Was asked to push. Tried and couldn't. Told the Dr and nurses I need to rest. When I laid on the bed, it occurred to me that the pain wasn't going to go away until I give birth. Called them and said I was ready. I was surrounded by midwives and nurses and drs. When one super contraction hit me, I pushed @ once, as I was told by the nurse. Felt my boy's head and shoulders passing my veejay. It was hell on earth. The moment he came out all the pain disappeared. Then the "episiotomy" alsmost killed me. Thank God I survived. My boy is 6months and counting. I give God the glory.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2013
byvan: Your doctor is such a sly devil!

my nigerian doctors are after the money not necessarily our well being. The size of your pocket dictate your service and not necessarily a good service to you but a good service to the doctors.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Chai!!! I'm loving this thread.
Mothers pls keep 'em coming.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 03, 2013
Teenaba: Hmmm. My pregnancy was stressfree. I gave birth on a monday morning. On the Sunday afternoon that preceeded monday, I carried out a whole lot of activities that day. Even had sex that night with my hubby. Contractions woke me up rudely by 3am. Was pacing in the sittingroom. Hubby kept saying sorry. By 5am I went to pee and saw blood. Called my mum and asked her to start coming over to Abuja. By that time the contractions had got to my waist. Wasn't shouting. Just pacing and hitting the wall. Hubby had arranged water for my bath. I even managed to shave, wore a dress and entered the car. Hubby took my already packed bag into the car and drove off. When we got to the hospital by past 7 I was checked and had dilated 6cm. Was told that I was doing very well for a first pregnancy.
wow, you are very strong ooo ! MiddleBelt women are strong like this !

I wish the mothers on this thread know how much their stories drive compassion from we YoungMen though I never see many Guys on this thread compared to ladies ....(Guys and their Indifference towards femininity sha ) Really, Pregancy should be the concern of all .....!

So many (Young)Husbands are not educated on what women pass through before Delivery,during delivery and post delivery simply because their experience is limited to few ladies in their environment, thats if they are even aware of any ..... !!

This Thread is Mind-Preparing,Scary and Educating..
Blessed all Mothers,U shalt never be denied the Joy Of MotherHood,amen !!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Jaynec(f): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
donroxy: wow, you are very strong ooo ! MiddleBelt women are strong like this !

I wish the mothers on this thread know how much their stories drive compassion from we YoungMen though I never see many Guys on this thread compared to ladies ....(Guys and their Indifference towards femininity sha ) Really, Pregancy should be the concern of all .....!

So many (Young)Husbands are not educated on what women pass through before Delivery,during delivery and post delivery simply because their experience is limited to few ladies in their environment, thats if they are even aware of any ..... !!

This Thread is Mind-Preparing,Scary and Educating..
Blessed all Mothers,U shalt never be denied the Joy Of MotherHood,amen !!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Janeglitter(f): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote
author=luvissweet2(f)]My first pregnancy went on smoothly until 39
weeks into my pregnancy when hubby and I went 2 church(in the evening)
and I felt "wetness" down there. We immediately rushed 2 d hosp. Being a
medical personnel, I didn't want 2 take chances. I told my Dr dat my
fluid was leaking. He performed a scan and told me 2 go home and come
back early the next morning(and I should put on a pad 2 watch d leakage
and 2 come once it got heavy). I was induced(artificial way of making
labour 2 start) dat morning when I came back, and immediately went into
labour.
The pain was soo unbearable dat I couldn't recognise d faces of family
and friends dat came 2 see me. Lol. Thank God my mom was by my side all d
way as I didn't even want 2 see hubby @all. I chased him away each time
he came close 2 me. I was induced by 7am around 5pm that same day, I
knew it was time 2 push so I asked my mom 2 call d nurses. Dey came and
asked me how I was sure it was time 4 me 2 push. My mom rebuked them and
told dem dat I am into d field so I knew what I was saying. They
reluctantly took me 2 d labour room. On getting dia, low and behold, d
baby's head was already visible. Dey immediately started rushing
everything(the IV, preparing 4 delivery and all) I pushed 3 times (with
an episiotomy) and popped out my 4.2kg baby boy!!!
My joy knew no bounds. He was soo big dat every one marvelled @ how I
was able 2 push him out(thank God 4 dat) d nurses commended me dat I was
very strong as I didn't even scream or cry through out d whole ordeal
and apologised 4 doubting me when I told dem I was ready 2 push cos it
was too early and dat they've never noticed any induction dat lasted
less dan 12hrs b/4(that wasn't even my concern den) I just wanted to
hold my baby.
Meanwhile, my mom was busy causing a scene @ d reception of d hospital.
She was busy bowing down on d bare floor thanking God and telling
everyone who cared 2 listen of how God performed a miracle in our lives.
lol.
I was so happy dat I 4got about d tear(episiotomy) dat was given 2 me.
Around midnight, I was woken up by this intense pain down dia. I got up
and immediately remembered the cut and realised dat d anesthesia given 2
me must have worn off and d pain had set in. I called 4 d nurses &
was given an analgesic which helped me manage 2 sleep thru d night. D
horror came back in d morning when d effect of d drug wore off.
To cut d long story short, I went thru dat pain 4 d next 2 weeks after
delivery(it was hell); I couldn't sit down, I couldn't walk, I couldn't
cough, I couldn't sneeze infact I could barely move. But all through dis
pain, each time I looked @ my baby, I had a reason 2 smile. It was
totally worth it and I wouldn't have given it up 4 anything in d world.

Enough 4 2day. I'll be back with my 2nd missionary journey into
labour(this time around, through CS). Cheers! [/quote]

So touching. Truthfully, i cried after reading dis. Y? Cz i kinda gat d real meaning of what ma mom faced each tym b4 loosing 3 babies. MOMMY, i love u.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2013
Janeglitter:

So touching. Truthfully, i cried after reading dis. Y? Cz i kinda gat d real meaning of what ma mom faced each tym b4 loosing 3 babies. MOMMY, i love u.
Awwww, so sorry love. But God gave u 2 her. So pamper her as much as u can dear. Mothers r really a blessing.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Tosintall(f): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2013
Nikkygold4life: okay let me use descriptive analysis to explain to you. Try to push as if u want to pass a very hard stool, u will feel ur tommy tighten up, during labour it becomes very intense and ur tommy becomes very hard during each session, as labour progresses it comes at intervals, when it comes at very close interval den, d baby is almost out.. It tightens and releases at intervals. Hope got d picture.
thanx, i undastd beta. God bless.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ufobabe(f): 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
jdilight: Please also tell us how you felt holding that baby in your arms after delivery.
i was really happy and kept starring at my baby. I was overwhelmed wit joy dat i cldnt sleep immediately. So dis whole baby came out of me, i kept wondering how big God cld be to form a human inside another human being. So i am somebody mummy too. Lol. I was overjoyed

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
ufobabe:
i was really happy and kept starring at my baby. I was overwhelmed wit joy dat i cldnt sleep immediately. So dis whole baby came out of me, i kept wondering how big God cld be to form a human inside another human being. So i am somebody mummy too. Lol. I was overjoyed

wow, so happy for u dear.

just imagining the creativity of God in children creation.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
I'm really scared right now!!

I'm not married and I don't have any kid yet but I can't stand it when I hear the pain some ladies go through during the Labour.. I keep pondering when my wife will go into Labour... Jesus please take the wheels..

Big Kudus to all the mothers!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ufobabe(f): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
la'success:

I'm really scared right now!!

I'm not married and I don't have any kid yet but I can't stand it when I hear the pain some ladies go through during the Labour.. I keep pondering when my wife will go into Labour... Jesus please take the wheels..

Big Kudus to all the mothers!
dnt worry too much. When u get to dat state, u will be strong. Dnt stay too close to her during labour becos anytin lik clap or bite can come ur way.
Get married first. Make sure u invite us.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by coolguyz(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
was there when my lil princess popped out. matron was still setting the room and setting instruments teasing me if i could stand what was about to happen, doctor was still downstairs. . . .wife was just there on the bed moaning softly and praying within herself. what happened next was like magic. the matron all this while was backing us. . . .my wife gave kind of cry, the matron turned back and just screamed "madam your baby". . . .wat she did in next minutes was like a superwoman. . . .i can't even put it in words. my lil princess popped out before the doctor and nurse got upstairs. the matron alone did the delivery.

i was just there scared. . . . .with the overall and nose mask i was to put on still hanging on the door. doctor comes in, smiles and tells me congratulations, wraps the baby. . . .still with the blood and notice i was still in kind of a shock and thrust the baby at me "carry your baby or are you scared. . .you are a father now". i carried the baby and almost cried as i stared at her face and looked at my wife. she was looking tired and a shadow of her beauty. while the baby was taken to be cleaned, all i could do was hold wifey's hand as they attended to her and mustered different incoherent words like "pele, love you, sorry. . .are you good" amidst thanks to God.

can only thank God for His Mercies!

we'll be going down that route soon in some months time and all i can pray for is ease in delivery!

women are STRONG!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
ufobabe:
dnt worry too much. When u get to dat state, u will be strong. Dnt stay too close to her during labour becos anytin lik clap or bite can come ur way.
Get married first. Make sure u invite us.

I really appreciate all the mothers around the world.. No problem, I will Invite N'landers smiley
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by k4kenny(f): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
byvan: Your doctor is such a sly devil!

Lols. I sure felt like that shortly after my surgery after I was in mad pain, felt manipulated too. But alls well that ends well. I continue to give God the glory for giving me 2 wonderful kids.

For my second baby I vowed not to go through that route again. I'll only do CS in an emergency. I used the same hospital and they were trying to suggest CS again, I no gree o.

More to come......wink
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 07, 2013
abeg K4kenny change the hospital. It seems they derive joy in CS.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Prinyebabe(f): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2013
My 1st baby was a long awaited one because she came after 6yrs of marriage. We were very watchful and careful, moreover i am hypertensive. All was ok but when i got to the ending stage of my second trimester my bp started increasing . My bp drugs were increased too, total bedrest was mandated but all to no avail. I started gaining extra weight overnight which was a bad sign, my face and fingers become swollen which were signs of pre eclampsia. I was admitted in the hospital immediately to be monitored, at 32wks and some days my heart almost stopped beating cos the pressure was too much for it. My mum just came around to see me that fateful tuesday midmorning, when i said i wanted to wee. After doing my business i almost slumped if not for her, i couldn't breathe again. Doctors and nurses were running helter shelter,oxygen and all emergency resusitation techniques were carried out and i was stabilized. An ultra scan was done and the dr said the baby's heart beat had dropped and so an emergency cs had to be done to give baby and i opportunity to fight for our lives. Hubby was called, papers were signed, other drs had to be invited and my family members were everywhere. Finally, in the evening i was wheeled into the theatre, my little girl was brought out prematurely minutes after, very small and frail looking. She was rushed to the incubator where pipes and lines were attached to her tiny body to save her life. I was wheeled out an hour later, couldn't see my baby for about 3 days when i finally did, i couldn't hold back the tears of joy. She had jaundice but the almighty saw us through it all, we were released 2wks later with much pressure cos the bill was skyrocketing. Anyway, that frail little girl is 3+ and a warrior. The 2nd journey is story for another day.

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 07, 2013
Prinyebabe: My 1st baby was a long awaited one because she came after 6yrs of marriage. We were very watchful and careful, moreover i am hypertensive. All was ok but when i got to the ending stage of my second trimester my bp started increasing . My bp drugs were increased too, total bedrest was mandated but all to no avail. I started gaining extra weight overnight which was a bad sign, my face and fingers become swollen which were signs of pre eclampsia. I was admitted in the hospital immediately to be monitored, at 32wks and some days my heart almost stopped beating cos the pressure was too much for it. My mum just came around to see me that fateful tuesday midmorning, when i said i wanted to wee. After doing my business i almost slumped if not for her, i couldn't breathe again. Doctors and nurses were running helter shelter,oxygen and all emergency resusitation techniques were carried out and i was stabilized. An ultra scan was done and the dr said the baby's heart beat had dropped and so an emergency cs had to be done to give baby and i opportunity to fight for our lives. Hubby was called, papers were signed, other drs had to be invited and my family members were everywhere. Finally, in the evening i was wheeled into the theatre, my little girl was brought out prematurely minutes after, very small and frail looking. She was rushed to the incubator where pipes and lines were attached to her tiny body to save her life. I was wheeled out an hour later, couldn't see my baby for about 3 days when i finally did, i couldn't hold back the tears of joy. She had jaundice but the almighty saw us through it all, we were released 2wks later with much pressure cos the bill was skyrocketing. Anyway, that frail little girl is 3+ and a warrior. The 2nd journey is story for another day.
wow....speechless
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
God help us o.

Esmeralda, judii.... I see una o. We have nothing to fear abi?
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Saraha1(f): 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Prinyebabe: My 1st baby was a long awaited one because she came after 6yrs of marriage. We were very watchful and careful, moreover i am hypertensive. All was ok but when i got to the ending stage of my second trimester my bp started increasing . My bp drugs were increased too, total bedrest was mandated but all to no avail. I started gaining extra weight overnight which was a bad sign, my face and fingers become swollen which were signs of pre eclampsia. I was admitted in the hospital immediately to be monitored, at 32wks and some days my heart almost stopped beating cos the pressure was too much for it. My mum just came around to see me that fateful tuesday midmorning, when i said i wanted to wee. After doing my business i almost slumped if not for her, i couldn't breathe again. Doctors and nurses were running helter shelter,oxygen and all emergency resusitation techniques were carried out and i was stabilized. An ultra scan was done and the dr said the baby's heart beat had dropped and so an emergency cs had to be done to give baby and i opportunity to fight for our lives. Hubby was called, papers were signed, other drs had to be invited and my family members were everywhere. Finally, in the evening i was wheeled into the theatre, my little girl was brought out prematurely minutes after, very small and frail looking. She was rushed to the incubator where pipes and lines were attached to her tiny body to save her life. I was wheeled out an hour later, couldn't see my baby for about 3 days when i finally did, i couldn't hold back the tears of joy. She had jaundice but the almighty saw us through it all, we were released 2wks later with much pressure cos the bill was skyrocketing. Anyway, that frail little girl is 3+ and a warrior. The 2nd journey is story for another day.
I thank God for your life.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Wow....thank God for your life and that of your baby.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by esmeralda1(f): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Rukemi291: God help us o.

Esmeralda, judii.... I see una o. We have nothing to fear abi?
grin grin grin
It is well my sister, all these stories na make God come help us o
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by IfeLuvely: 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
Omd I typed a long ass description only just to loose it...anyway it was not so bad even though people kept discouraging me but I read somewhere that it wi only be as bad as you think it will be so I kept saying it will be a walk in the park and my first baby arrived within one hour of labour with just gas and air and glory be to God almost two years later he is growing in Gods wisdom and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Prinyebabe(f): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
I thank God for his mercies too. No need to be scared, attend your ante natals, use a good clinic, have a good dr, eat right and hand over everything to your creator who is the overall dr. If you're hypertensive take your drugs religiously and always see your dr and don't take any observation for granted because that was what saved me because i noticed the overnight weight gain and swellings and went to my dr. It is well, all pregnant women will deliver safely and train their children themselves.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
So after all this,some idiot out there go get mind,beat the mother,even kill the mother for money? So disgusting. All the mothers that shared there xperience,thanks so much,at least,u r preparing our young minds,4 the journey ahead. More over,i noticed that most women here, had there mum by there side,me wey no get again,wetin i go do? undecided i pray i get a good mother in law. Thanks 4 sharing ur xperiences.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Tosintall(f): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
After postin d que abt contractions earlier on in d discusn n gettn an ans, i went thru d journey dat turnd me in2 a mother, i put 2 bed on thursdy n ma princess is doin fyn. Thank God 4 His mercies n thank u 4 ur contributns. Wil b back 2 share my xperience, need 2 take a nap b4 duty comes callin.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tosintall: After postin d que abt contractions earlier on in d discusn n gettn an ans, i went thru d journey dat turnd me in2 a mother, i put 2 bed on thursdy n ma princess is doin fyn. Thank God 4 His mercies n thank u 4 ur contributns. Wil b back 2 share my xperience, need 2 take a nap b4 duty comes callin.
Wow! Dancing Azonto on ur behalf. God is indeed faithful. Thank God 4 safe delivery and 4 d new addition 2 ur family.
Pls come back soon 2 share ur experience oo.
@Prinyebabe, ur post left me speechless and almost in tears...
The Lord is ur strength indeed. Thank God 4 ur life and d lives of ur little ones.
@ Adaobi12, just pray about it. God will give u help when u need it. Even if it isn't ur mother in-law, someone will definitely be there when dat time comes. U'll see. Just trust God. My sister in-law was my angel after my surgery. She never let me lack anything. She was always by my side.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
congrats Tosintall. I can imagine the joy.

Adaobi. You made me shed tears. Dont worry, God will be with you when you get to that bridge.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ufobabe(f): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tosintall: After postin d que abt contractions earlier on in d discusn n gettn an ans, i went thru d journey dat turnd me in2 a mother, i put 2 bed on thursdy n ma princess is doin fyn. Thank God 4 His mercies n thank u 4 ur contributns. Wil b back 2 share my xperience, need 2 take a nap b4 duty comes callin.
newess mummy, congratulations. My little girl sents ur baby her love and welcome her into d world also. Woman, too try. God too bless us
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by eripecs(f): 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2013

Congrats and welcome on board! I'll share mine when am less busy. May God keep you and the baby. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lost But Found Stolen Girl In Kano / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Spending Over N11 Million On IVF Treatments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.